DAFC.net
Home 14 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Edinburgh Derby
Topic Originator: DAFC2015  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 22:21

Neil Lennon got hit with a coin after winding the Jambo fans up, they probably gave him abuse the whole game but as soon as he gave them some back they couldn't handle it!

And as for the hibs fans pushing or hitting the hearts keeper is disgraceful

Shocking scenes, and such a boring game! The Edinburgh Derby in recent years has been horrendous but yet it's built up to be something great
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Edinburgh Derby
Topic Originator: ParsYob  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 22:36

My old man was a Jambo in his younger days. Anytime I think I feel a soft spot for them, their moronic element do something like this.

Obviously Lennon shouldn’t have done what he did but who knows what abuse was coming his way the whole game
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kingseat par  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 22:52

Both assistant referees hit by objects thrown from the crowd as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 23:12

Football used to be supporting your team,but now the moronic element think that attacking someone is support.Also notice loads of smokebombs now which we never saw in the past.

The world has gone strange and not just in football crowds.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 23:15

If all that’s true then both clubs will receive heavy fines & likely other sanctions as well

The hooligan element within the support is a liability that clubs cannot afford but is almost impossible to irradicate completely

Catch them, fine them, ban them & stick them in the pokey for a bit, oh & a spot community service working with the very clubs they abuse wouldn’t go amiss either

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 00:02

Birch. It would only take once and they would never want it again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 00:28

Playing devils advocate here.

No excuse for the assault on the keeper but he went down like a burning zeppelin.

Sending off was never a red card, if so at least two jambos should have been off too.

Lennon was a complete Bell end just before the incident, doesn’t excuse the resultant assault but he’s meant to be a professional not a ned

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 00:34

I think the hibs staff and bench were genuinely embarrassed at the way Lennon threw himself down, it hit him on the chest!!

Hope they get the idiot that threw the coin though. Silly boy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: daviepars1885  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 05:14

The hearts fans were at it on Sunday tae. Couple of vids doing the rounds. Hearts Bawbag launched a bottle and hit one of his own a 70 year old lady. Utter scum
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 05:38

As Ive said several times in here before, hearts fans are absolute vermin. Arrogant tosses.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 05:48

To be honest, I thought it was hilarious what Lennon did. People need to learn to take a joke. He takes tonnes of abuse, whether it be in a stadium or when he goes out for a drink with friends and when he gives it back this is the result. Disgusting behaviour from the fan. Fair play to Levein for tearing into the fan who threw the coin.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 08:03

can someone please blame the old firm before it’s too late. I thought this behaviour is only found in the west
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68Great  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 08:45

Who is this Old Firm you speak of? Are they the same team?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Slevin Kelevra  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 09:10

Hearts and Hibs are both as bad as each other.

Hundreds of Hibs fans singing
“Have you heard of the rumour
Wallace Mercer has a tumour
What a wonderful way to spend your day
Watching Wallace Mercer pass away” is next level bawbaggery.

We got style and we got grace
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 09:26

Perhaps you would care to repeat that statement to a few of my friends General Zod.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 09:31

Quote:

Hummingbird Harry, Thu 1 Nov 08:03

can someone please blame the old firm before it’s too late. I thought this behaviour is only found in the west

The old firm died in 2012 mate.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 10:02

^^^^
Love it...
Telt 😂

ADMIN.... min 😏

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 10:12

A pregnant woman cant take a plastic bottle of water and a kid can't take a Capri sun into a game but any ned can have a pocket full of coins, very good.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 10:30

Are you actually proposing that stewards start confiscating people's money?

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 10:46

LesliePar wrote:

> Are you actually proposing that stewards start confiscating
> people's money?
>
>

Yes totally take all the coins off people and make them pay with their phone, ffs do you not get the point ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 10:54

Quote:

mach1, Thu 01 Nov 09:26

Perhaps you would care to repeat that statement to a few of my friends General Zod.

Why the vast majority of hearts fans I have came across are utter scum so zod isn’t really that far off the mark

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 12:39

“Take all coins off people......”

This is 1st November, not April !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 12:45

How come Police Scotland don't threaten to shut down areas on Tyncastle or Easter Road, when there have been many more incidents of bad fan behaviour than ever witnessed at EEP.

Yet section L was closed after one or two incidents due to the Police Scotland apparently giving us no option.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 13:02

Topic Originator: veteraneastender like | nolike
Date: Thu 1 Nov 12:39

“Take all coins off people......”

This is 1st November, not April !!!

It was sarcasm due to the stupidity of the previous poster.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 13:19

"Topic Originator: back oh the net like | nolike
Date: Thu 1 Nov 10:54

Quote:

Why the vast majority of hearts fans I have came across are utter scum so zod isn’t really that far off the mark"

You haven't met very many then, and you certainly haven't met my now deceased father.

There are all sorts of scum around. I suggest you take a bit of thought about what you post and maybe come out from your keyboard and make the remarks face to face.

I have had my lip split and a couple of teeth broken by Hearts fans 50 years ago, but I would never call the majority of them scum, but then I don't judge people by their football colours, not even the stupid people within our own support.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 13:24

Quote:

Sierra Nevada, Thu 01 Nov 12:45

How come Police Scotland don't threaten to shut down areas on Tyncastle or Easter Road, when there have been many more incidents of bad fan behaviour than ever witnessed at EEP.

Yet section L was closed after one or two incidents due to the Police Scotland apparently giving us no option.

It shows the “police made us close it” is utter nonsense and an easy way out for the board.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 13:26

Quote:

Sierra Nevada, Thu 1 Nov 12:45

Police know Pars fans are an easy target that's why.

Our Board get easily scared and bow to their wishes.

Nothing happens when Celtic or Rangers visit though when they sing their vile songs, stand the whole game and all the while, the police turn their heads away.

Why our BOD dont stand up for our own fans has never stood well with me and I'm going way back 30 years so not just the current one.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 14:00

The fact that the Scottish Football Authorities continue to resist adherence to "Strict Liability" ,to appease two Scottish clubs, is becoming untenable.

The fact Labour rushed to get anti sectarian laws abolished too has emboldened two of the clubs involved.

The Scottish Government needs to step in since the blazers cannot get their house in order.

The morons involved would think twice if their actions led directly to League points being deducted or a Stand or the entire Stadium closed for a couple of games.

The CCTV cameras at Tynecastle will catch those involved.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 15:29

In regards section L, was it not the case the Police said it was to be closed or there would need to be a police presence on a match day, which increases costs significantly. Where Hearts already have a police presence at game and more so when the play Hibs? I could be totally wrong tho.......
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 15:34

That's my understanding too, Lambo.

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 17:32

Correct Lambo.

Hearts and Hibs can afford extra police, which will undoubtedly be enforced now. We can't. I would rather have the cage open again, but this isn't really a fair comparison.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Fri 2 Nov 00:16

Quote:

mach1, Thu 01 Nov 13:19

Quote:

Why the vast majority of hearts fans I have came across are utter scum so zod isn’t really that far off the mark"

You haven't met very many then, and you certainly haven't met my now deceased father.

There are all sorts of scum around. I suggest you take a bit of thought about what you post and maybe come out from your keyboard and make the remarks face to face.

I have had my lip split and a couple of teeth broken by Hearts fans 50 years ago, but I would never call the majority of them scum, but then I don't judge people by their football colours, not even the stupid people within our own support.

Wow wow wow I have friends who are hearts fans my grandad was a hearts fan but the fact still remains a large part of their fan base are scum but if you want me to make my remarks face to face then I’ll be in Charlie d’s before the Falkirk game but I have a funny feeling you’ll pass on this so maybe it’s you who needs to think before posting

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Fri 2 Nov 06:25

edited by me as I can’t be arsed getting involved.

Post Edited (Fri 02 Nov 07:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Nov 06:29

AAPS once again thinking that the BOD should allow the rules to be broken by a minority of Pars fans, then go and fight the law on the minoritys behalf.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 2 Nov 06:51

I think there's a distinction between individuals away from the group and how the group behaves.
In some cases and on some occasions those two things can be very different.
I personally don't like hearts fans because Gorgie Road is still one of the places I can hear sectarian bile (and I'll give you this game in reference as an example)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 2 Nov 07:57

I'm reluctant to get into this argument, but to make sweeping, factually inaccurate statements, such as "the vast majority of Hearts fans are scum", isn't too clever.

Hearts, like most major clubs, will have an unruly element among their support. Generally speaking, the bigger the support, the greater the number of roasters in it. I'd be surprised if Hearts fans contained a larger percentage of troublemakers in their support than Hibs, Celtic, Rangers or even the Pars. We don't have too many hotheads, but then our fan base is much smaller than the city clubs, so we have to express the comparison in %age terms to make it valid.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Slevin Kelevra  
Date:   Fri 2 Nov 08:19

Quote:

back oh the net, Fri 02 Nov 00:16

Quote:

mach1, Thu 01 Nov 13:19

Quote:

Wow wow wow I have friends who are hearts fans my grandad was a hearts fan but the fact still remains a large part of their fan base are scum but if you want me to make my remarks face to face then I’ll be in Charlie d’s before the Falkirk game but I have a funny feeling you’ll pass on this so maybe it’s you who needs to think before posting

You are @ it boy. A large part of their fan base? Hearts have about 20,000 fans. You’ll be speaking for about 20. Just because you state it as ‘fact’ means absolutely heehaw and I’m sure everyone can see through that. You don’t like hearts end of.

We got style and we got grace
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Nov 10:45

Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft like | nolike
Date: Thu 1 Nov 13:24

Quote:

Sierra Nevada, Thu 01 Nov 12:45

<<<<<It shows the “police made us close it” is utter nonsense and an easy way out for the board.>>>>>
——
How does it show that?
Are you saying that the BOD took it upon themselves to close “L” down?
Since you know so much about this please enlighten us as to why they took such measures? Or you could simply ignore my request and prove you’re talking utter urine.
Personally, I think you will ignore it as you know you’re talking complete and utter urine.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 2 Nov 15:55

BBC News - Neil Lennon: Hibernian boss 'may reconsider position' after coin incident
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46073396

ADMIN.... min 😏

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 2 Nov 18:29

Quote:

widtink, Fri 2 Nov 15:55

BBC News - Neil Lennon: Hibernian boss 'may reconsider position' after coin incident
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46073396

While it could be argued that his actions towards the Hearts fans were provocative, it cannot be used to justify the reaction. To suggest he brings it on himself and deserves what he gets, is way off the mark.

There can be no doubt that the bile and abuse directed towards Lennon is way over the top and is a lot more complex than some people are willing to admit. The point he makes about only becoming a hate figure among his own N. Ireland fans after signing for Celtic, gives much food for thought.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Nov 20:31

Sadly, Lennon because of his own personality attracts the poisonous behaviour of any bigot with an anti Catholic agenda and there are plenty.

Equally, such as Graham Souness would have attracted the same sort of response from bigots from the anti Rangers, anti Protestant mentality.

It is the poison of history which has invaded our football culture and lingers like a bad smell, despite the many, many incidents over many, many years.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 2 Nov 20:42

Gordon Strachan said much the same when he became manager of Celtic - he couldn't go out socially, even with his wife, in the West of Scotland - he was either given grief from the blue nose contigent, or pestered by the green side of the divide.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 07:23

Can’t believe he’s greeting about sectarianism , he was caught on camera calling rangers fans orange bs . You can take the bhoy our if the victim mentality club but you can’t take the victim mentality out of the bhoy
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 08:17

Been waiting for this one.

I guess the closet door was locked.

The irony of the post is incredible.

Should it not be Hunningbird Harry?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: