DAFC.net
Home 14 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Abuse - What is it good for?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 06:23

I'm well aware that many fans make a huge commitment to follow the Pars, home and away, often involving great personal sacrifice, in terms of time and money. It's perfectly understandable, therefore, that a poor result, coupled with a poor performance, provokes extreme disappointment among a section of our support and some are moved to vent their spleen during the game or on this forum.

Having said all that, it does no good to direct abuse at individual players, the manager, his assistants and members of the Board, who are all wanting and vying for the same thing we are - a winning team, playing attractive football and promotion to the Premiership.

While I would never be in favour of censorship, it would be good if some posters limited themselves to an honest assessment, rather than going over the top after every set back. e. g. "Williamson had a poor game and was at fault for the opening goal" is perfectly acceptable but "Higgy is a waste of a wage (or a wage thief)" is well out of order.

I realise this topic has been raised before and I'm probably wasting my time bringing it up again, but if it even makes one or two Pars fans think twice before hurling abuse during a game or posting it on here afterwards, it will have been worthwhile.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Abuse - What is it good for?
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 06:28

I agree with you, but I t’s all about opinions, GG.
If it’s someones opinion that a player is a wage thief, then they will have to defend that opinion when others disagree and question it. Dotnet would be as boring as that other site if we all got along and refused to express our true feelings.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 06:41

I've never had a problem with fans on this forum venting.
This isnt a DAFC fanclub site but , apparently an independent Pars fans forum.
It is the so called fans at the games who boo and hurl abuse at their own team who p@ss me off more than anyone.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Slevin Kelevra  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 09:11

Absolutely nothing. War, huh.

We got style and we got grace
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 09:30

That's a good post GG. Here is my slightly different slant on this.
I have a disability that has prevented me from getting to the games for nearly six years. However due to several factors, I was able to return towards the end of last season. Brilliant to get back to see the pars. I have a season ticket for the wheelchair section this season and despite the results being disappointing, I thoroughly enjoy being back, enjoy the banter and a wee shout at the refs etc.
As to the team. Theyre nowhere near as bad as some on here seem to think. The team has had very little good breaks, and every mistake seems to have been punished. Take into account the spine of the team is nearly completely new and takes time to settle. Inverness last season minds me of our situation now. I actually think the fans have been reasonable given the results. They have tried to lift the team, then a bad break costs a goal and it then gets a bit nervy. The shouting at the manager coming off the park at the end of the match is easy to do due to where the tunnel is. We have better players than when I previously could attend and the way our fans rallied to save our club shows we have something special at East End Park. Don't waste it by following what some clubs are doing by sacking managers. Does not make much difference, so why do it, spending money we can I'll afford. Anyone who knows me will know my opinion of referees, and they are definitely worse.
Let's shout our team on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 13:14

"Absolutely nothing. War, huh."

Saw Edwin Starr as part of a Legends of Motown show in Edinbugh a few years before he died. Great voice and loads of energy, especially during War.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 15:36

Quote:

Slevin Kelevra, Thu 1 Nov 09:11

Absolutely nothing. War, huh.

I wondered if anybody would make the connection. We'll done, SK. 😊

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 16:04

Quote:

kelty_par, Thu 1 Nov 13:14

"Absolutely nothing. War, huh."

Saw Edwin Starr as part of a Legends of Motown show in Edinbugh a few years before he died. Great voice and loads of energy, especially during War.

He was a great keeper for Man United too. Although he included his middle names at that time.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: