DAFC.net
Home 22 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Albania, anybody else going.
Topic Originator: Nippy Sweetie  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 12:58

8 from Rosyth going, most Pars fans, so the misery of following Scotland does not bother us. Looking forward to visiting what looks like an interesting country. Bit round the houses to get there. But 4star hotels at £23 a night, cheap beer, all trips seem to be based on this exchange.. Israel was up their with Iceland for prices. In Tirana 4 days, and plenty to see in the city. Up in Shkoder for the game. And home via Montenegro, another interesting country. I know a few cannot stand the kilts and feathers of the Tartan Army. But we are a wee group who meet up with old friends, bit of culture, rag tag group, with our own 79yr old keeping us all in check. Anyone been with any tips.

philltwo..

Post Edited (Thu 01 Nov 12:59)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Albania, anybody else going.
Topic Originator: irishmcbride  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 13:15

I was in Shkoder a couple of months ago, backpacked through the region.

It's a small city (they're rebuilding the national stadium in the capital) but it was cool, loads of good bars on a pedestrian street in the centre called Rruga Djhetori, good pizzas as well.

The castle at the south of the city is well worth a taxi ride, the views from the top are incredible. The locals were all incredibly helpful and friendly, you'll have a blast.

Incidentally, if you're flying out of Podgorica in Montenegro, there are tons of good bars in the city centre near main square and the stadium.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 13:28

Aye looks great, our hotel is right in the middle of everything, Next to square with fountains, 5 mins from Scotland end of stadium. Will not get to see Podgorica, taxi up to airport, bite to eat, then direct flight back to UK, ( £30 Ryanair)..Then up to Edinburgh, some back down to Tirana, home vis Rome / Amsterdam. Could not face that.

philltwo..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 13:37

Watch yer wallet, and dont venture alone after dark anywhere near the main station, mind you, that pretty much goes for any major european city these days....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 13:44

16 of us going via Bari

Bring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 13:53

I'm going with my wife. Only going to be in Albania for 2 days though. Staying in Tirana.

I going to Athens for 4 days for a wee break then 1.20 hour flight to Tirana on the Friday.

Post Edited (Thu 01 Nov 13:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Chef  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 14:14

Staying in Tirana Fri-Mon and bussing it up to the game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 14:19

Thurs / Sunday Tirana for majority. Hotel in middle of everything. Near to Pyramid. Bar below Jolly Hotel our wee sanctuary, sits on a wee roundabout with stalls and bit of life going on. Rosyth flag will be there. Aye few going on Davybuses up to Shkoder.

philltwo..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par Lament  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 14:35

2 of us.Wednesday in Berlin,Thu in Podgorica,Fri and Sat in Shkoder,Sun back in Podgorica.
4 flights,5 nights,2 buses and ticket for less than £200.Staying in the "communist era" apartments in Shkoder,about 15 min walk to the ground at a grand cost of roughly a tenner per night.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: irishmcbride  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 14:50

Tirana was similarly good fun, I watched their game against Israel in a small market square surrounded by bars with the locals, could be worth visiting for a beer, near Skenderbeg square. The main party area is just south of Skenderbeg Square, the are which used to be for Party Officials only and closed off to the plebs!

The "pyramid" in the centre has to be seen, it's one of the most magnificently crap buildings I've ever set eyes on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars no1  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 14:53

staying in Podgorica Thursday Friday. Tirana Sat and Sunday home Monday. Only just booked and got all flights for under £200. Still to work out how I'm getting to the game but on the planned busses to Tirana
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 15:34

In Tirana for 4 nights and bus to the game, my self and Mrs Mcl and four of my fellow Trailblazers

Looking forward to another country to chalk off the list
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 17:53

Thur Edi-Ams. Friday am Ams-Tirana. Home Monday Tirana-ams-Edi.

Booked match transfer with bit of sightseeing on matchday. Agree sentiment of the glengarry/kilt haters etc but if diary permits check out the TASA presentation. 70th consecutive away game where we have donated £5000 to a local charity. Will leave a lump in the throat for sure.

Bars etc are a laugh but love getting out and seeing the world.

Group of 8 of us from all over scotland and england going. Great get together with great people.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 21:25

4 of us going from Dunfermline, plus meeting up with several others from all over the place. Thurs to Sunday in Tirana, Davy bus for the game. Really looking forward to it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 21:30

yeah a special mention to davy. Spent a few nights in his company and one of the nicest guys ive had pleasure to meet. Not bad for a buddie

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Nov 09:53

Good to see so many Fifers going, we bump into Dunfermline and Divit folk on most trips..Nice if everybody migrates to a we bar on the Friday evening, we will be around the bars in the Pyramid area, will post a suitable friendly boozer. Aye, the Pyramid looks Scottish new town effort from the 60s.

philltwo..

Post Edited (Fri 02 Nov 09:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Fri 2 Nov 12:42

Always a big contingent of Dunfermline folk at Scotland away games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: I-Know-The-Script  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 11:27

Always a lot of Pars fans at Scotland games.

We are going Thu-Sun - Edi-Lon-Tirana but staying in Shkodër.

Nice bit of info from Irish McBride - Sounds a bit like Trnava.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars no1  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 23:02

Can’t wait. Looking forward to a couple of days in Podgorica first then a day in Tirana after the game. Nothing beats the atmosphere of a scotland away game. (Pre match) and the welcome from the locals is always great. Our hostel host in Tel Aviv said she’s never seen anything like it.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: