DAFC.net
Home 14 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Well done AJ.....
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 18:24

AJ has had a lot of flack recently........... but IMO got it right today.

We played okay - not brilliant but getting there.

We look tighter at the back, Devine had a solid game & J Longridge was back at his best with a howitzer of a goal.

Subs were spot on & well timed, the double act of Higgy & Ryzo changed the game & suddenly we take over in midfield. Faz on for a tiring Keena.

This was always a tricky game - That pitch is ridiculously narrow, you can see where they have narrowed it by the markings, must be 4-6 yards. Alloa are well organised and difficult to break down. Only after we scored did they start to open up at the back.

Only some poor decisions on through balls up front kept this a tight game.

......need to break that goal drought Faz - Next week would be ideal!

๐Ÿ”ฉ ya ๐Ÿš€

Post Edited (Sat 03 Nov 18:26)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Well done AJ.....
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 18:25

Agreed Angus. I would have to say AJ got it spot on today with the subs. 5% getting it right in the season isnt good enough but hopefully thatโ€™s now the start of many. Subs are so important and thatโ€™s where the manager earns his coin like today
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 18:31

Certainly got it right. Most definitely isnโ€™t out the woods yet but last 2 performances have been far better.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 18:34

1981.. make up your mind ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ You posted on the Tan Courts thread to bring him in can't be better than AJ ๐Ÿค”

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 18:34

Tam*

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 18:37

Never going to get flowing football on a subbuteo pitch.

On to next week. Apparently Falkirk looking a bit more organised recently. Need to win it though. Play-off spot won't be far away if we do.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 18:47

AJ got it right with the subs so credit when itโ€™s due. Do I think scraping in to the play offs is good enough - no. So yes I would like to see a young fresh manager coming in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 18:59

" We look tighter at the back, Devine had a solid game & J Longridge was back at his best with a howitzer of a goal. "

Did you miss Devine and his powder puff tackle in the first half which put Alloa in and then Ashcroft came out of nowhere to clear off the line ( Devine spent the next 2 minutes holding his hand up) .
Robinson also had a shot come off his shins that he knew nothing about.

We rode our luck with those two, much better the 2nd half limited them to very little.
It was always going to be a game where it would be difficult to create anything what with the pitch and the Alloa set up but I was pleased with the effort and generally it was better all round but we weren't error free.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: we won the cup in 68  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 19:18

Aye, brilliant, well done. Sitting in 7th with a goal difference of minus 6, only 13 points off newly promoted Ayr, a team full of AJ rejects. Well done indeed AJ ๐Ÿ˜ท
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 19:31

^^^ has a point I guess.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 19:32

I think the lack of forum activity after a win on .net shows how much AJ has lost the fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 19:36

It's always been the case that the forum is more active after a loss than a win.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 19:37

Yeah, not getting the OP's angle at all.

- Tighter at the back? Not for me since Alloa had the two clearest chances of the game.
- Devine solid and Jackson Longridge back to his best? Thought Devine was very poor both defensively (the one off the line in particular but also he didn't cope well under the high ball) and with the ball (one pass in particular in the second half set Alloa away on an attack) and while Longridge took his goal well I don't think he was that good today, certainly nowhere near his best.
- Subs were well timed for once but I'm not sure that Ryan should have stayed on, I'd rather have seen him and el Bakhtaoui rather than a combination we know doesn't work - and Ryan has missed too many good chances in the last three games, including a sitter today.

Was it a good win? Yes, in the context of a poor game at a difficult venue. But that could have just as easily been a 0-0 or a defeat. I'd be wary of giving out plaudits quite yet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 19:37

I think most would have taken 4 points from the last two games. Itโ€™s a step forward. 3 points required next week

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 19:44

His Subs were spot on today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 19:45

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 3 Nov 19:36

It's always been the case that the forum is more active after a loss than a win.

You are most definitely correct sir.

ADMIN.... min ๐Ÿ˜

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 19:59

Give the man a bit of credit, 4 points at two difficult venues away from home is not a bad return

Iโ€™m not AJ biggest fan but there does seem to be a resolve and a work ethic in the last two games which may save his bacon
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 20:01

He did well today and credit where itโ€™s due.

That said anyone who says Devine was solid must have been watching a different game. Alloa nearly scored twice off his errors.

But that was a good win today.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 20:17

Devine was honkin today. Ashcroft saved his bottom with that clearance.. seems like heโ€™ll gift a goal a game. I thought we were okay first half, forced plenty of saves from the keeper but you could look at that as us being wasteful infront of goal as usual. Nothing other than 3 points next week will do.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 21:46

We scraped past alloa ffs
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 21:49

Quote:

Hail2Crail, Sat 3 Nov 21:46

We scraped past alloa ffs

Well that's a simple view of it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 21:53

Wasn't at the game so cannot comment on it, but three points were required and we got them.

It's hardly great but we have struggled at home twice already against Alloa, so must be an improvement.
Maybe we should play on artificial pitches more often!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Sat 3 Nov 22:02

Got the required result today and sounds like his substitutions came off. Same again next week please!

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 01:38

Alloa have only conceded 8 goals in 7 games at home, including yesterday. Morton, Dundee Utd and ICT all have more generous defences at home.

Any kind of a win at Alloa is a good result.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 02:41

The performance was perfectly adequate, if that had been 3/4-1 to us Alloa couldn't have complained. We were well worthy of the win, Alloa had two chances in the first half (there only efforts on target) but we had more opportunities and generally were the better side, in the second half Alloa went much more defensive. In turn this limited Robinson to a mere spectator but it also meant we didn't create as much in the first, we did eventually get the goal though and should probably have had a couple after that with our breakaways.

I thought AJ got his subs spot on, Williamson and Higginbotham added some impetus at a time when we were flagging but I don't think Faiss offered as much, should've squared it to Ryan at one point for an easier chance.

Thought that Ryan played better than Keena and was one of our better performers, won more headers than he should've and made more dangerous runs in general, a good game and my mom, should've been more clinical though.

An adequate result with an OK performance, if we'd been more clinical it would've been a good performance but that'll hopefully come next week, where 3 points is an absolute musy

Post Edited (Sun 04 Nov 02:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJTRUPAR  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 07:38

Credit where it's due. 4 points from 6 away from home is a good haul. He may have got lucky, that he stumbled on a lineup due to the 'enforced' changes at Inverness, but maybe he was due a slice of luck.
I feel 2 of the 3 subs were correct yesterday but don't agree with the Faissal one. The guy looks a shadow of a footballer the now. A couple of run outs for the 20s where he may find the back of the net could be of benefit.
I suspect Willamson and Higgy may start next week and another 3 points on the horizon for the manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 08:07

if we had beaten one of the top 6 in the league it might have signalled a turnaround.

As such its the equivalent of beating Brechin or Dumbarton last season when we were under pressure, we pretty much always beat these smaller part time teams down the bottom but then fall apart against the decent teams at the top of this league.

As you can see there's 2 leagues in the championship this season. Top 7 competing for 4 places and bottom 3 to avoid relegation.

We might well beat Falkirk next week too, they are terrible and it wont be us turning around our season, it will be us beating a team everyone is beating.

We'll need to beat the top 6 teams to move us up this league. Seen to many false dawns with these type of results over the last few seasons.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!

Post Edited (Sun 04 Nov 08:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 08:12

We won. I'm happy. Try simplify things lads.

If Grant says it was a decent performance then that's more than enough for me

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 08:37

Berkey got it spot on for me
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 08:48

Iโ€™m delighted we are getting a bit better.
Small victories under AJ, hopefully building up to bigger ones.
If we get a few more points out the next 2-3 games, then Iโ€™ll start thinking we are getting better.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 10:00

defo worst, its the ross county and Morton games where we'll need to take at least 4 points.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsclub  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 11:18

It should not take till November to be glad to beat Alloa away!
Need a solid run of games until Xmas.
Play offs very doable nobody in this league will run away with it.

HF05
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 11:32

For me, we are a better team without Louis longridge on the wing, he isn't quick enough to be an out and out wing player and we actually seem more creative without him. Having Hippolyte, higgy and Connolly as wing options seems good to me and we are going back to a more standard style of 442 which suits the players far better. Really like how hungry keena is going forward, still not been too impressed by Ryan or Faz but hopefully one of them steps up their game to challenge for starting position in the team.

I prefer Thomson and Martin together rather than Vincent and Martin, Thomson is far more energetic and can be a danger at the other end of the park as well. Still not convinced by some of our defending (especially devine) but we have to take small steps. Drawing with Inverness up there was a decent result then an away clean sheet against alloa is a good one. If we beat Falkirk then all of a sudden we are back at the right end of the table and hopefully distance ourselves from the relegation contenders.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 12:51

Quote:

Grant, Sun 4 Nov 02:41

The performance was perfectly adequate, if that had been 3/4-1 to us Alloa couldn't have complained. We were well worthy of the win, Alloa had two chances in the first half (there only efforts on target) but we had more opportunities and generally were the better side, in the second half Alloa went much more defensive. In turn this limited Robinson to a mere spectator but it also meant we didn't create as much in the first, we did eventually get the goal though and should probably have had a couple after that with our breakaways.

I thought AJ got his subs spot on, Williamson and Higginbotham added some impetus at a time when we were flagging but I don't think Faiss offered as much, should've squared it to Ryan at one point for an easier chance.

Thought that Ryan played better than Keena and was one of our better performers, won more headers than he should've and made more dangerous runs in general, a good game and my mom, should've been more clinical though.

An adequate result with an OK performance, if we'd been more clinical it would've been a good performance but that'll hopefully come next week, where 3 points is an absolute musy

See...I can take Grant's negative posts seriously and respect his opinion because he is also capable of this. Good fair balance. Pity some others cant let up at the appropriate time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 13:08

Aye, Grant gives credit where credit's due, Parrot. Some posters come out with the same negative stuff, win lose or draw.

I bet they just copy and paste from one AJ thread to the next..... ๐Ÿ˜Š

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 16:43

For the sake of balance, some posters never give any criticism, even if we have been poor

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 17:19

Anyone in mind?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 18:09

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 4 Nov 17:19

Anyone in mind?

You, me and wee eck....... the good the bad and the downright ugly...... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I've mixed them up so as not to hurt your feelings, my feathered friend....๐Ÿ˜Š

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 19:20

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 4 Nov 18:09

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 4 Nov 17:19

Anyone in mind?

You, me and wee eck....... the good the bad and the downright ugly...... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I've mixed them up so as not to hurt your feelings, my feathered friend....๐Ÿ˜Š

Wan a' these days you're pure gettin' it pal!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 19:34

Should I feel insulted?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 19:36

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 4 Nov 19:34

Should I feel insulted?

Pretty sure you are the ugly one 'cos I know i'm bad.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: