DAFC.net
Home 22 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Last 6 form
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 17:09

Championship Form
Points Last Six

Ayr Utd 15
Ross County 14
Dunfermline 10
Dundee Utd 10
Morton 10
QoS 8
Inverness CT 6
Alloa Athletic 5
Falkirk 4
Partick Thistle 0

Not as bad as we make out...

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Last 6 form
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 18:38

Given 9 of the 10 we’re against the worst 3 teams in the league by far would this be after the easiest run of games we could have had?

I’ll be interested to see our last 6 games form at the end of 2018. If we’re in the top 3 at that point that’s a definite improvement and we’ll have given ourselves every chance.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 18:58

10 points from a possible 18 in the last six games - certainly a better deal than the 5 taken from the previous possible 18.

Were still a poor 7th out of 10 in the table, whatever way you spin it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 19:09

You can't really draw any conclusion until everyone has played each other home and away. Even then, there will still be 18 games to go.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 19:31

Only beaten the bottom 3 teams this season apart from the first game against Lazlo team. Will judge against top 6 teams.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 19:43

Most of the teams above us will have beaten Falkirk and Partick as well but I don't suppose that matters. I think what distinguishes 'positive' posters from 'negative' ones is that the former think things can improve but the latter don't. They seem to think the way the League stands after one-third of the season is set in stone for the rest of the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 20:14

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but if you look at the form table for the Championship, Inverness have drawn their last seven games. In fact, out of the last ten games they have drawn eight. They won the other two.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 20:27

You call yourself positive Wee Eck, but all you do is moan your puss aff about folks posts.

You're the biggest whinge on this forum.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 20:52

Thanks for that. Everyone who doesn't agree with someone else is whingeing by that definition. I like to challenge posts that aren't supported by facts, that's all.

Did you enjoy your afternoon on the sofa yesterday? You missed a cracking goal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 21:06

Not a real fan like you I admit.

I had a lovely day on the sofa. Missing next week too actually. Got hospitality at Dens park.

Saw the goal on the highlights. Good technique.

Post Edited (Sun 04 Nov 21:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 4 Nov 21:35

Quote:

Sierra Nevada, Sun 4 Nov 20:27

You call yourself positive Wee Eck, but all you do is moan your puss aff about folks posts.

You're the biggest whinge on this forum.

That's really not true. Unless everyone who disagrees with someone is moaning their pus off.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FergPar  
Date:   Mon 5 Nov 10:36

Don't let the form table fool you.

Thistle(h) - We were very fortunate to win this game, both were as bad as eachother.
Falkirk(a) - Granted, a good win but against the worst Falkirk team in years.
QoS(h) - We had chances but it was pretty gutless.
Dundee Utd(h) - We were hopeless.
ICT(a) - A good point when confidence would have been at an all time low.
Alloa(a) - A good confidence boosting away win, still fortunate if you look at the highlights.

I said to a mate yesterday that if the last two games had been against Ross County and Ayr we'd have been towards the bottom end of that table. All good us beating the teams below us but it counts for nothing if we're not challenging those above.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Mon 5 Nov 11:48

^^^ good post
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 5 Nov 11:59

Thought you'd like that, 1981.

Berkey will also be along to give Fergpar the thumbs up in a few mins.... 😊

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Mon 5 Nov 12:23

We can only play who’s in front of us so criticising because it’s the bottom teams it’s pointless. Have your opinion when we have played the teams again and then see how we’ve performed. Glass empty all over this forum!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 5 Nov 13:02

Quote:

FergPar, Mon 5 Nov 10:36

Thistle(h) - We were very fortunate to win this game, both were as bad as eachother.
Alloa(a) - A good confidence boosting away win, still fortunate if you look at the highlights.

I said to a mate yesterday that if the last two games had been against Ross County and Ayr we'd have been towards the bottom end of that table. All good us beating the teams below us but it counts for nothing if we're not challenging those above.

Decent post except the Alloa part. I would say they were fortunate it wasn't a hammering.
They got 2 good chances. Ashcroft dealt with one as he should and the keeper saved the other. We could have had several more if you are going down the could have...... line.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Mon 5 Nov 14:58

If we beat Falkirk on Saturday our last six games' points total will remain the same, but nine of those will be from games against the bottom TWO teams.

Doomed if we do, doomed if we don't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sticky Par  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 12:32

> If we beat Falkirk on Saturday our last six games' points total
> will remain the same, but nine of those will be from games
> against the bottom TWO teams.
>
> Doomed if we do, doomed if we don't.
>
>

Doomed we're, doomed.
FTFY ;-)

Sticky Par

Post Edited (Tue 06 Nov 12:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 12:44

Quote:

FergPar, Mon 5 Nov 10:36

Some fans here are just intent on focussing on the negatives. There's nothing to be fooled by those stats, they are what they are, AJ can't control the fixture schedule.

Thistle - we won, we were awful, so were Partick, goal was lucky but it was a W at the end of the day and we probably edged it.

QOTS - we had a load of chances, put a couple of them away we would have been comfortable.

Dundee Utd - yeah pretty poor

ICT - good point considering they've been unbeaten for so long. Only disappointment is we didn't win that having gone ahead twice.

Alloa - they take their early chances it was game over, but we won at the end of the day.

No-one is saying we've struck form, we've been crap, now we're being crap with the ability to get points on the board and a couple of wins. It's a good sign regardless of who we played.

We all need a pinch of optimism in our lives

Post Edited (Tue 06 Nov 12:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Digs  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 14:16

"I said to a mate yesterday that if the last two games had been against Ross County and Ayr we'd have been towards the bottom end of that table"

...and if my auntie had baws she'd be my uncle. The point being that they weren't and we have the points.

We can’t affect change in the past, those games are consigned to history and will show we picked up points but we can in the future since it hasn't happened yet, it's entirely possible we can win the next two.

You can put any spin you like on stats. All that matters is whether we won or lost. Ifs, buts and maybe's mean the square root of hee haw once the game is done.

Stair Maistreas na Beatha

Post Edited (Tue 06 Nov 15:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 15:29

Thumbs up to that post 1981 par :)

I'm pretty sure we'll beat Falkirk this weekend but as everyone else is beating them its not going to advance us up the table.

Given where we are its the results against the top 6 in the league that will dictate where we finish...

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 16:21

Yeah! But to put a more positive spin on it, if we do beat falkirk it puts more distance between us and relegation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 16:23

"I'm pretty sure we'll beat Falkirk this weekend but as everyone else is beating them its not going to advance us up the table."

Ross County didn't.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 16:48

Quote:

Lambo1885, Tue 6 Nov 16:23

"I'm pretty sure we'll beat Falkirk this weekend but as everyone else is beating them its not going to advance us up the table."

Ross County didn't.

Yes and one thing is pretty likely, they will get better as the season goes on(They can't get any worse!) so if we can beat them on Saturday it's 3 points in the bank.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: