DAFC.net
Home 22 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Matic....
Topic Originator: DRFC_no1  
Date:   Mon 5 Nov 22:07

...gives his reason as to why he wont be donning the poppy on Sunday in the Manchester derby.

Completely valid reasoning IMO and was even backed by the Royal Legion who said the poppy is a personal choice.

What I want to know is - will he receive the same kind of reaction as James Mclean does this time every year?

If not, why so harsh on the later?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matic....
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Mon 5 Nov 22:35

Totally respect his reason. I won’t wear a poppy either.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mcfc-par  
Date:   Mon 5 Nov 22:56

Matic will receive exactly the same level of abuse as every other United player on Sunday, poppy or no poppy. ;-)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Mon 5 Nov 23:22

Check out the Rangers forum and you’ll find that Matic has received some utterly horrific abuse, no where near the levels of McLean of course but that’s not surprising. “Dock his wages”, “go back to Serbia”, etc etc .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 05:25

Just waiting on Hummingbirds opinion lol.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 06:51

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Mon 5 Nov 23:22

Check out the Rangers forum and you’ll find that Matic has received some utterly horrific abuse, no where near the levels of McLean of course but that’s not surprising. “Dock his wages”, “go back to Serbia”, etc etc .

To be expected, sadly - Matic is not an Irish Catholic, so he'll be a secondary target. Everyone's decision to wear or not to wear a poppy should be respected and no one should feel under pressure to conform or even worse, be subjected to abuse because of the choice they make.

It's really sad that this time of year, when folk have an opportunity to remember those who lost their lives while serving their country, is hijacked by those with a sectarian agenda, concerning a 300+ year old battle in some remote corner of Ireland. I mean, who really gives a stuff?

Why don't these people take their cultural Irish baggage and fek off back to Ireland? Go away, you're not wanted here!

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 08:16

“Why don't these people take their cultural Irish baggage and fek off back to Ireland? Go away, you're not wanted here!”

Go easy with that one Mr G.

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 08:34

Everyone has the right to wear or not wear a poppy, and they shouldn't have to explain their reason behind either decision imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 08:38

wow

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 08:40

Think me and PUP are united on this one, for once 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 09:00

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 6 Nov 06:51

Quote:

To be expected, sadly - Matic is not an Irish Catholic, so he'll be a secondary target. Everyone's decision to wear or not to wear a poppy should be respected and no one should feel under pressure to conform or even worse, be subjected to abuse because of the choice they make.

It's really sad that this time of year, when folk have an opportunity to remember those who lost their lives while serving their country, is hijacked by those with a sectarian agenda, concerning a 300+ year old battle in some remote corner of Ireland. I mean, who really gives a stuff?

Why don't these people take their cultural Irish baggage and fek off back to Ireland? Go away, you're not wanted here!

"I hear your a racist now father"

Bring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring

Post Edited (Tue 06 Nov 09:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 09:22

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Tue 06 Nov 09:00

Quote:

Quote:

😂😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Slevin Kelevra  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 09:25

The poppy debate is beyond tedious. Wear it if you want to, if you don’t then that’s fine. It’s as simple as that. The media bring it up year in year out to stir sh*t.

We got style and we got grace
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 10:04

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Tue 6 Nov 09:00

Quote:

Quote:

I hope you were joking, shp. That certainly wasn't meant to be a racist comment but I can see how it could be interpreted as such. It would be supremely ironic for me, a native Italian living in my adopted Scotland for almost my whole life, to be racist. For clarity, I was talking only about those who cling on to their obnoxious sectarian agenda and regularly label each other as Orange or Fenian bassas.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 10:22

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 6 Nov 10:04

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Tue 6 Nov 09:00

Quote:

Quote:

I hope you were joking, shp. That certainly wasn't meant to be a racist comment but I can see how it could be interpreted as such. It would be supremely ironic for me, a native Italian living in my adopted Scotland for almost my whole life, to be racist. For clarity, I was talking only about those who cling on to their obnoxious sectarian agenda and regularly label each other as Orange or Fenian bassas.....

Wasn't being serious, its a joke from Father Ted.

Bring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring back dave and frankBring

Post Edited (Tue 06 Nov 10:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 10:40

That episode is brilliant.

https://youtu.be/6zkL91LzCMc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 11:02

Faither G......feck

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 11:11

Strange that he had wore it every other year while playing in the UK. But at the end of the day it’s a personal choice for everyone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 12:03

Every year this is becoming tedious. David Squires summed it up brilliantly last year;

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 12:23

''Wasn't being serious, its a joke from Father Ted.''

Phew! I was wondering why you called me father. I did go out with a gorgeous girl from Saline about 40 years ago,

Er.... how old are you now, Puma, my son? :-)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 12:47

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 6 Nov 12:23

''Wasn't being serious, its a joke from Father Ted.''

Phew! I was wondering why you called me father. I did go out with a gorgeous girl from Saline about 40 years ago,

Er.... how old are you now, Puma, my son? :-)

If I was from Saline I may be have been worried :-)

Post Edited (Tue 06 Nov 12:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 12:54

Quote:

dafc, Tue 06 Nov 11:11

Strange that he had wore it every other year while playing in the UK. But at the end of the day it’s a personal choice for everyone.

Not that strange. I change my opinions over a whole range of things all the time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 13:18

We were on a Caribbean cruise back in November 2011 - poppies were very evident on the islands with a British historical link.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 22:54

Does Matic have a brother called Otto? I heard he was a pilot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 23:00

Don't give up yer day job!!! 😂

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: