DAFC.net
Home 14 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Would you take Cardle back??
Topic Originator: ParsMad98  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 15:53

I for one, would 100% take cardle back and sell/release Myles in January.

RM DAFC
[IP address logged]
 Re: Would you take Cardle back??
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 15:55

Yes, because he is better than what we have , not because he is/was a fans favourite.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 16:02

When he signed for the second time, I posted that the extra season ticket sales would pay his wages. I don't know if he signs for a third time we would increase season ticket sales however I think that haemorrhaging of support would stop. He is a talisman and as we all know loves the club. I certainly want him back.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FergPar  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 16:04

I'd be very surprised if Joe wanted to come back whilst AJ is in charge.

I've heard they weren't the best of friends.

I'd take Joe back, but I'm not desperate for it. I remember his excellent spells with us but there were also some poor ones that we forget about.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Inchkeithpar  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 16:46

I’d take him back in a heartbeat, loves the club and our club loves him n not to mention on his day he is a cracking player
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 16:47

No, he wasn't good enough last season so why would you play him now when the league has become even tougher? Connolly, Higgy, Hippo and Longridge (Even though I don't like to see him on the wing) are decent options and if we can go on a run of games and stir up the confidence I think we will see some great football out of them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 16:47

Aye

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsMad98  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 16:50

He adds that competition to the team that we need, he was playing centre midfield for Fylde, , you could even stick him on the last man if neededParsweep wrote:

> Aye
>
> RM DAFC
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 16:55

He’s a better player than Connolly, don’t see how anyone could doubt that. Before his injury last season he was rampant, teams couldn’t cope with him. If he’s willing to come back, it’s a no brainer. Don’t think I could cope with him pulling on a Falkirk shirt
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 16:56

It's should be a simple yes. He is better than what we have FACT!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 17:22

0 chance he'll be back at the club with AJ in charge. Fact.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 17:23

Stop it.
Have some dignity min.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 17:33

Quote:

king lad, Wed 7 Nov 16:47

No, he wasn't good enough last season so why would you play him now when the league has become even tougher? Connolly, Higgy, Hippo and Longridge (Even though I don't like to see him on the wing) are decent options and if we can go on a run of games and stir up the confidence I think we will see some great football out of them.

Totally unfair. He was on fire then suffered a very bad injury afterwards. He rarely got a start after his return.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 17:56

Fully fit and in-form yes

Sadly 100% effort doesnt always make up for inconsistency and poor decision making. On his day he is better than what we have - just not sure how many 'days' he could have on the spin and provide real consistency and benefit

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 18:01

On his game yes, but we already have too many players imo.

He would give us that left wing option which I don't think Hippo or Connolly are providing well enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr P  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 18:06

100% he has a coaching Licence too and could be used with the younger guys if required, he is another player that will have a huge impact on what happens on the pitch when he comes off the bench

It isn't all about the is he better (Although he is of some we have got IMHO) or not, it is what we could get from a player who is committed to the Jersey which is more than some are in the present team.

Also I don't think that it would take much to have him in either, he can sign on as a coach and play from January so I don't see that as an Issue.

One thing is for sure we all have our opinions but I believe there would be more yes votes than no votes.

we will see.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 18:29

Think it would make perfect sense to bring him in in a player/coaching role especially with Stevie Crawford not ruling out moving to work with Robbie Neilson at Dundee Utd in a recent interview.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 18:36

I'd like to see him back at the club one day but not in a playing capacity. I see him as a future coach/manager at the club.IMO we have seen the best of him as a player.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kingseat par  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 18:49

Definitely
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 18:54

Player coach
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 19:20

I would rather look forward a get our current wide players in top form.

Don't think we have seen the best of Hippo and Aidan Connolly yet. Higgy is back and will most certainly take the right side, leaving the aforementioned and Louis fighting for the left. Sure we can get the best out of one of those three.

It's no for me. Move on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 19:45

It's yes for me. Move on now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 20:09

It is a no brainer.

How did we let him go and sign Connolly and Hippo?

An apology from the lattter from the outset might have endeared him to the fans.

Danny Devine and Joe Thomson have yet to convince us either.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jojo  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 20:24

If he was such a “Pars man” and loved the club as much as folk say he does it should be irrelevant if AJ in charge or not. In your job it’s not compulsory to like your boss but I suppose it’s down to offers and choices available if he would consider us again

Post Edited (Wed 07 Nov 20:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAVEDAFC  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 20:36

Hippolyte has been good in the last couple of games, not sure why people are still on his back. Joe would be a good signing and as for all the people saying he wasn’t consistent enough, well duh. If he was consistently at his best he would be playing at a higher level than we are at.

We’re on our way! We’re on our way! 🇾🇪🏁🍻
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 20:42

I would have scoffed at this suggestion at the start of the season but now we see how much game time the likes of Connolly are getting. I was never his biggest fan, bit of a one trick pony, but now I reckon we need someone on board like him... not only for his on field work but for galvanising the squad. Get him coaching the kids and playing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The-Pars  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 20:49

Yes

Super Joe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 20:54

Quote:

DAVEDAFC, Wed 7 Nov 20:36

Hippolyte has been good in the last couple of games, not sure why people are still on his back. Joe would be a good signing and as for all the people saying he wasn’t consistent enough, well duh. If he was consistently at his best he would be playing at a higher level than we are at.

Agreed. Hippolyte may not be a worldbeater but he seems to be the scapegoat for many. Puts more effort in than others over the course of 90 minutes.

Cardle back though would be great and provide real competition and think he could link well with Jackson on the left hand side.

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kevhodge1990  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 21:39

Joe will never be back whilst AJ is in charge!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kingseat par  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 22:23

"Joe will never be back whilst AJ is in charge!"
The same applies to a number of other players apparently as well as a number of supporters. Hmmmmm....wonder what the solution could be? 🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 22:39

The solution is probably to ignore the statement - given that, "trust me, there's no way Fais will ever come back with AJ in charge".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Digs  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 23:08

Totally unfair. He was on fire then suffered a very bad injury afterwards. He rarely got a start after his return.

😂😂😂 A very bad injury? He did his hammie, not his ACL

He never got a chance because he was largely ineffective when he did play.

In League One, he was brilliant, and partly responsible for boy wonders goals along with Paton and Moffat. The first six weeks of last year, he was brilliant, but let’s be honest, he was a squad player for most of the season because he never kicked a ball after his injury.

All this chat about him ‘playing for the jersey’ and ‘he loves the club’....And? We all love the club, it doesn’t mean any of us should get a game. He’s not Norrie McCathie.

Also, can we all just stop assuming he’s Pep Guardilola as well while we’re at it. I’m sure he knows his onions, but just having a badge doesn’t necessarily mean you are going to be able to deliver that knowledge in a meaningful way. I’ve no idea if he is a great coach or not, he very well might be, but that’s the point, no-one does so it’s not really a reason to sign him.

Finally, possibly not here, but I’ve seen him referred to in several places as a Legend. Norrie is a Legend. Charlie Dickson is a Legend. Beet Paton and Jim Leishman are legends. Joe Cardle, is not even close to being considered in the same bracket as these guys, so if you could stop that too, that would be great.

Stair Maistreas na Beatha

Post Edited (Wed 07 Nov 23:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 23:21

Good to see a post from Digs again. Been a while. Raises the standard of the forum a bit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: G Star  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 23:24

Player coach role filling the potter gap would work . His goals ratio and delivery threat is exactly what is needed at the moment . Get him and Higgy supplying and you will see Faissal flying .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 23:31

Aye, that post from Digs did indeed nail it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YeParss  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 23:56

Anyone who wants him to sign again needs to have a word with themselves.

"cool as a cucumber"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 00:27

Joe Cardle is one of those rare players who came back to the club and actually was better - well, certainly as good - as he was the first time around. But a third time? Mmmn.

When I think back over the years of players who have come back to EEP (e.g. Jackie Sinclair, Bonar Mercer, Stevie Crawford, etc), the majority were picked up for a return too late in their careers and tended to disappoint. And much as I have admired him, I think Joe would fall into that category now.

The only other player that readily comes to mind as making a truly successful return to the Pars is Greg Shields. No doubt there are a few others, but I'm an auld yin now and my memory is not what it was.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 08:08

We’ve already got Higgy, Longridge, Connolly and Hippo competing for the right/left midfield positions and Craigen, Muirhead and Thomson can cover wide too. Doubt we’d be looking to add to that

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 10:25

Yeah but to the kids that started watching the Pars around 2010ish in their eyes he IS a legend because they have had no one else to basically give that title too

Post Edited (Thu 08 Nov 10:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 10:48

Wed 7 Nov 23:08

😂😂😂 A very bad injury? He did his hammie, not his ACL

He never got a chance because he was largely ineffective when he did play.

In League One, he was brilliant, and partly responsible for boy wonders goals along with Paton and Moffat. The first six weeks of last year, he was brilliant, but let’s be honest, he was a squad player for most of the season because he never kicked a ball after his injury.

All this chat about him ‘playing for the jersey’ and ‘he loves the club’....And? We all love the club, it doesn’t mean any of us should get a game. He’s not Norrie McCathie.

Also, <<<<can we all just stop assuming he’s Pep Guardilola as well while we’re at it>>>>. I’m sure he knows his onions, but just having a badge doesn’t necessarily mean you are going to be able to deliver that knowledge in a meaningful way. I’ve no idea if he is a great coach or not, he very well might be, but that’s the point, no-one does so it’s not really a reason to sign him.

Finally, possibly not here, but I’ve seen him referred to in several places as a Legend. Norrie is a Legend. Charlie Dickson is a Legend. Beet Paton and Jim Leishman are legends. Joe Cardle, is not even close to being considered in the same bracket as these guys, <<<<so if you could stop that too>>>>, that would be great.

————-

How arrogant can one man be?

I will assume what I want and when I want, and if i want to consider someone a legend then I will.
People can think what they want. How dare you tell folks to do otherwise.
I’ve no doubt you’ll spit the dummy like the last time you were called out for your arrogant attitude towards folks on dotnet, and make the same huffy remarks about why you stopped using this site.....again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 11:01

A player who couldn’t get a game last season? No thanks
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 11:38

WORST SPOT ON
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 11:39

If cardle is not a legend there wont be any new legends created at EEP ..IMO
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 11:55

Cardle a legend? Jesus weep.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 11:59

In terms of modern day club legends Cardle is certainly one of them. Just about 250 competitive appearances for the club, 54 goals, 66, assists, two league titles - how many of the current squad can boast doing the same for the club or how many players in club history can boast that?

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 12:14

The term Legend is flung about too freely.

You don't find many true legends post Bosman. In the eyes of younger supporters, Joe Cardle may well be a close to Legendary status as you get these days.

He's been a good servant though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 12:30

Spit the dummy out for being called out? You can’t just make stuff up Stevie. I’m not arguing with you.

I stopped posting on both sites actually, even though I admin the other, because this thing called life got in the way, I’ll not say anymore because my decision to do so has got the square root of hee haw to do with you, even though you seem desperate for it to be.

Bizarre to see I still get to you without even trying though. You need to let stuff go.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 12:32

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 12:32

If you think a certain player is a legend in your eyes... Then who is anyone to argue.
It's all about opinions.
In the footballing world one person's "legend" might be another person's "haddie".
There is no right or wrong... It's personal opinion.
Thats the way I see it anyhoo.
Example - I think Sammy the tammy is a legend... My Raith Rovers supporting work mate thinks he's a roaster. 😂

ADMIN.... min 😏

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 12:46

Oh oh. . .looks like Stevie's been on the cheap cola again 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 12:47

Topic Originator: Digs like | nolike
Date: Thu 8 Nov 12:30

Spit the dummy out for being called out? You can’t just make stuff up Stevie. I’m not arguing with you.

<<<<I stopped posting on both sites actually,>>>> even though I admin the other, because this thing called life got in the way, I’ll not say anymore because my decision to do so has got the square root of hee haw to do with you, even though you seem desperate for it to be.

Bizarre to see I still get to you without even trying though. You need to let stuff go.

———

But you clearly haven’t stopped posting on here though, have you?
You talk of letting stuff go, yet you keep coming back here to spout your arrogant attitude towards others, even though you stomped off in a huff the last time you were “called out” on here.
If you post on any social media site telling others how they should conduct themselves, and telling folks what to think, what to say, then you’ve made it everyone’s business, haven’t you?
Strange that needs to be pointed out to you really.
Post your self righteous cr4p on here, then do so knowing that I for one will call you out on it. It won’t take long till you creep away again... as usual

Hope you have a nice day now 😃

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 12:48

Well I clearly did because I didn’t make any posts, did I? I just didn’t announce it. I just stopped posting and reading, it’s a simple concept to grasp.

I’d stop embarrassing yourself with this Stevie. In the words of Ace Ventura: Obsessed Much?

Post Edited (Thu 08 Nov 12:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 12:54

<<<<I’d stop embarrassing yourself with this Stevie. In the words of Ace Ventura: Obsessed Much>>>>

———-
Once again, you arrogantly assume something.
You feel I should be embarrassed because you, or indeed anyone else says so.
It won’t be long before you start your usual childish name calling too.
You’re clearly choking for my attention here. 😂

Post Edited (Thu 08 Nov 12:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 12:57

Okey doke 👍

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 12:58

I think you both need to hug it out 😏

ADMIN.... min 😏

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 13:00

Jings I’d better let him off the hook here, he won’t sleep tonight if he doesn’t get the last word..... as usual.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 13:06

PMSL. You talk about folks being obsessed, yet you came back to add a rebuttal edit to a previous post.

I’m getting embarrassed for you and you attention seeking now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 13:11

Give it a rest min.

ADMIN.... min 😏

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 13:34

Quote:

MikeyLeonard, Thu 8 Nov 12:46

Oh oh. . .looks like Stevie's been on the cheap cola again 😂

😁😁😁

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 15:16

Micheal Jackson popcorn GIF
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 15:31

Guaranteed you didn't stop reading .net. Everyone moans about it etc however 9 out of 10 people will still come on to read, while posting or not!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 15:53

I can wholeheartedly promise on my kids life that I looked at this site no more than half a dozen or so times in the last 14 months, and even then it was one or two posts and off.

Considering in the 19 or so years I've been posting here it was multiple posts a day on more than one forum, over several hours a day, I'd say it's safe to say that I'd stopped reading it. At the very least, relatively speaking.

As I said, I'm an admin on the other site and I was the same on that. It's not that difficult to do. Believe me, or don't. Whatever.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 16:06

iginator: Digs like | nolike
Date: Thu 8 Nov 15:53

<<<<I can wholeheartedly promise on my kids life>>>>

——-
Oh Richie’s (allegedly) good god.
Seriously, you really felt the need to post that?
A new level of childishness right there, IMO.

I’d post my disgust about you coming away with this bizarre statement, and would question why you felt the need to post it, but widtink has already fired a warning shot across my bow.

And you say that I’m embarrassing myself tae 😂🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 17:37

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 17:57

Quote:

WORST, Thu 8 Nov 12:32

Topic Originator: PARrot like | nolike - 2
Date: Wed 7 Nov 23:21

Good to see a post from Digs again. Been a while. Raises the standard of the forum a bit.
———-

How did I miss this cringeworthy, butt kissing post?

You seriously think that this mans arrogance raises the standard of dotnet....really?

Yes it does. Hes one of the better posters. Please don't involve me in your feud as I am a grown adult. ;)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 18:05

You're doing yourself no favours here Worst.
I've warned you once.
Pack it in please. (of course I realise you haven't posted... But I'm just making sure you understand)
Be nice... It's no difficult.
If ye don't like somebody... Ignore them.

ADMIN.... min 😏

Post Edited (Thu 08 Nov 18:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 18:08

I honestly can't understand what set Stevie off this time.
Fair enough his opinion re - who he considers to be a legend but why get so wound up and personal about it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Thu 8 Nov 18:20

Ref: YeParss
Wed 7 Nov 23:56

<<< Anyone who wants him to sign again needs to have a word with themselves. >>>

(Myself, in front of the mirror:) "Cardle?"

(Myself, answering:) DEFF-IN-ETTLY !

Now if only we could get the other person who says "DEFF-IN-ETTLY" to agree !
😉

Post Edited (Thu 08 Nov 18:28)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

This thread is closed