DAFC.net
Home 07 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Reaction
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 16:56

Malaury Martin's reaction to the higgy sub said it all. Absolutely baffling decision

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Reaction
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:05

What ,higgy was on a booking along with hippo ,and had been roasted twice on the counter in the second half and was lucky not to pick up a second yellow

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:11

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sat 10 Nov 17:05

What ,higgy was on a booking along with hippo ,and had been roasted twice on the counter in the second half and was lucky not to pick up a second yellow

But he was still the most creative player we had all game
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:12

This ^^^^^^^
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:12

Another baffling decision by Johnson.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:16

Higgy who was breathing out his bottom by that point? Everyone around me was saying Higgy should've been taken off due to that reason alone.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:17

He was going to get sent off because he was knackered

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:20

Nah. What was baffling is that he left that decision so long. Both hippo and Higgy were knackered. He waited until the goal then took them off. Also keena was injured for first 20 mins but left to it.

Ultimately, this team are all signed by AJ (except Williamson) so he is accountable.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:24

Inexcusable has to go,every week same old same old at eep.buck stops with him,we were a beaten team when the goal went it,no fight or spirit in this team and that’s down to AJ.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:26

My reaction is:

1 I sincerely hope Higgy was taken off because he was done because he's the most creative player we have by a mile.

2 I hope we can finally lay to rest the "Andy Ryan's not had a chance cr@p". He has & he's not done it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Number Eleven  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:56

Higgy was our best player but it was his first start for weeks and he was clearly exhausted. It was the right decision to sub him off.

DA are the number one
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:01

Quote:

Number Eleven, Sat 10 Nov 17:56

Higgy was our best player but it was his first start for weeks and he was clearly exhausted. It was the right decision to sub him off.

That sums up our team .He ran his heart out but was still the best option we had .Shows how bad others were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:07

We lost any chance we had when Higgy went off, that substitution made the team worst
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:12

"Higgy was our best player but it was his first start for weeks and he was clearly exhausted. It was the right decision to sub him off"

first part is debatable but the rest isn't, spot on imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:16

Higgy was knackered tho. So was Martin and he was starting to get bullied in there.

It’s was the blame game when they scored. Players all given each other pelters and again about 4 of could have stopped it.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allanwilson10  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:23

Whether or not Higgy needed to go off is not the important part. The fact that he put Muirhead out on the wing was the worst part of the subs. Put him up front and drop Fais back into a deeper role - what is the point on playing high balls to 2 small strikers?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:28

Muirhead ran for a ball well tried to run the ball boy could have beat him in a race .Dont get me started about putting him on the wing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:34

When Higgy was subbed he actually clapped his hands. I reckon this is evidence enough it was the right decision. He played a good game but he was spent.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steviethepar  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:38

Higgy has been out and still to get to full fitness so he was right to clap

Guy is a gentleman and always looks to the fans
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:39

Muirhead just doesn't look like a footballers to me and I believe we payed for him.
Correct me if I'm wrong about that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:40

Seems to be a pattern at home matches, we start of really well but as the game progresses the opposition gradually comes more into it and start to bully us. Is it a fitness issue because in the first half today i did not notice us getting outmuscled. Don't know how Ryan managed to miss that chance in the first minute, had half the goal open to him but you can't blame him for lack of effort throughout the game. I don't think Keena was fit for the start of game hardly touched the ball before he went off. Thought Thomson had a very good game for us today and he would be my MOM. Still it's not looking good for us especially when Falkirk and Patrick can only get better, I think I would even have the bunnet back as at least he would get the team sorted out and better organised.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:41

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 10 Nov 18:34

When Higgy was subbed he actually clapped his hands. I reckon this is evidence enough it was the right decision. He played a good game but he was spent.

I did see that and had actually just said to my son that I hoped he'd last the whole game cause we were so much on the front foot with him playing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammy_shuffle  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:01

Higgy blowing out his Erse or not should still have stayed on. Malaury Martin was blowing out his bottom and going deeper and
deeper and should have been off before Falkirk scored.

Talking to loads of pars fans tonight of the sensible persuasion and it's time for change.

Unless the current manager team get proactive about subs and also the more worry thing get some man management skills then they can gtf.

Treating the non playing staff as skivvies.who love the club more than the 2 shysters that masquerade as the management team,is just not on.

Ross is a business man. Well here's the thing mister chairman. The majority of your shareholders are pissed off..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:50

If we were going to take off a player based on them tiring then you could have taken any of about 5 or 6. We look seriously unfit these days and I don't think it's unconnected that we seem to lose so many late goals (or at least don't score late as we always used to over the past few seasons).

I'd have kept Higginbotham on, personally. He was trying to make things happen and getting into promising positions. Hippolyte I can understand coming off as he was a red card waiting to happen. We really need to change something though. One win at home all season is embarrassing. And relegation form.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 20:00

Do we still have the fitness coach?
Just asking as some have suggested fitness is an issue.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 20:05

AJ's defence team are awfy quiet tonight .
Maybe even they've seen enough .
He (AJ) was called out on his reluctance to make substitutions months ago .
Now he's making substitutions , they are leaving most of us baffled .
Change needed . Sooner the better .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 20:10

The majority of the threads tonight are calling for AJ’s head tonight. If only the Board looked at this forum!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 20:11

The board don't look at the forum

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 20:14

"Hippolyte I can understand coming off as he was a red card waiting to happen"

Higginbotham more so on that one.

"Do we still have the fitness coach?"

yes, progress was made today though as the subs actually did a warm up before coming on
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 21:36

""Hippolyte I can understand coming off as he was a red card waiting to happen"

Higginbotham more so on that one."

Nah, not having that. Higginbotham got a silly yellow but didn't seem seem to get spoken to or even involved that much after that. Hippolyte had a foul given against him fairly soon after his yellow, was lucky not to get booked for diving and was running about like a headless chicken.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 23:41

Higgy had a hernia operation not much more than a month ago. Takes a while recover fully from that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 23:48

Quote:

sammy_shuffle, Sat 10 Nov 19:01
also the more worry thing get some man management skills then they can gtf.

Treating the non playing staff as skivvies.who love the club more than the 2 shysters that masquerade as the management team,is just not on.

Care to elaborate?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: