DAFC.net
Home 12 December 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Relegation Battle
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:13

Is exactly what we are in and the longer we keep that clown in charge the further we will plummet down the league, the fact he kept Andy Ryan on for 90
today shows he’s no got a clue
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Relegation Battle
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:18

Lol.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:41

I’ve said it all along. We are rotten and could not score in a barrel of tw*ts
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:43

Andy Ryan is absolute *****
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:44

Our lack of goals is undoubtedly a concern.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:13

Our lack of goals and inability to put a tackle is killing us.

A full clear out needed, we are not even 2 or 3 players away from the playoffs.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Nov 18:03

Bump to reiterate the message
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 24 Nov 18:29

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 24 Nov 18:03

Bump to reiterate the message

And it will get the same lack of response.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Nov 18:32

Anyone that think we aren’t in a relegation battle/ relegation play off battle is just deluding themselves sadly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 24 Nov 18:34

Should you guys not try another team/sport?
One you enjoy?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Nov 18:35

I love the pars but it’s just becoming a shambles at the minute
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 24 Nov 18:47

Imagine the scene if we get relegated in a playoff with Raith Rovers. Obviously Alloa could end up above us and we just go straight down!

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Sat 24 Nov 18:49

I think we will be safe enough. Reckon we will pick up enough points to maintain 6th to 8th.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Nov 19:57

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 24 Nov 18:32

Anyone that think we aren’t in a relegation battle/ relegation play off battle is just deluding themselves sadly

Wrong again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 24 Nov 20:29

Though we may not be in a relegation position we are showing relegation form.

Ask yourself who we are capable of beating?

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Nov 20:46

Some of the posters on here are in complete denial.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 24 Nov 21:10

It's like some sort of parallel universe.

The doom merchants in one world and the eternal optimists in their alternate reality.

It's like Newton's Third Law in action as well, reaction following action.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Nov 21:48

A glass half full and a glass half empty.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 00:03

Top me up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 08:21

Today was the first time in a while that I looked down the table to see who was below and by how much. Things must be getting tricky.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 08:58

Falkirk and Partick will improve thier squads in jan and start to pick up results and our games against them next are away.

We shouldn’t give aj more wage money to throw away on half fit benchwarmers. If he’s staying let him turn it around with what he’s got.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 09:00

We won't go down and we won't go up we will finish mid-table
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 09:38

Dafcchris if that happens then he has failed to improve. The chairman stated that he wanted to see a season on season improvement.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 09:45

We won’t be in a relegation battle. We will be one of those teams in mid table with nothing to play for.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 10:52

''Falkirk and Partick will improve thier squads in jan and start to pick up results and our games against them next are away.''

Haven't you noticed our away form is better than our home form? Also, by a quirk of the fixture list, our next game against Falkirk is before the transfer window.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 11:05

How about the club ask every fan who can afford it to donate a Xmas present in the form of cash to the club to make a fund for the January sales?

I'm only half joking btw.
If we all gave up something each week, that we can actually live without, it would soon mount up to a reasonable sum.

A pack of cigs £10 these days.
Two pints £7 or £8.
One big Mac £5.
One less Xmas present - anybody's guess.

Consider it a form of Lent denial, or if the religious aspect offends, then just a decent thing to do.

It could literally raise thousands, even tens of thousands of pounds per week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 11:13

I’m in, my wife won’t mind that at all 😬

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 11:15

It's a better suggestion than withholding funds from the club as some are suggesting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 11:16

''Falkirk and Partick will improve thier squads in jan and start to pick up results and our games against them next are away.''

Yes because it really is that easy. 😂

I spoke with a few falkirk fans last night who had just witnessed a gubbing off Stenny. I think if I'd said to them something like "dinnae worry, you'll strengthen in January and you'll be fine", they'd have laughed at me. They've been hearing exactly the same thing for the last few transfer windows. This isn't football manager ffs 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 11:18

It's baffling why some folk on here talk up other clubs rather than their own. Can anyone come up with a rational explanation for it?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 11:35

OMG, The positive amongst us could well go into a deep football depression reading some of the posts on here. For Heaven's sake, give yourselves a shake, we are NOT Real Madrid, Barca or Juventus, we are a football club , who staved of our club going into the wilderness, and treading along trying to reach the next league. STOP the NEGATIVITY AND SINGLING OUT players and get behind the whole team.
For the fans who travelled to Dingwall yesterday, would see what it meant to the team to battle through that game with ten men and what it meant to them at the end when they came over to applaud the fans for sticking with them . Even James Craigen who was on the pitch for a max of five minutes was first over to thank the fans. We have the players we have so SUPPORT them all , they gave their all for us at DINGWALL.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 11:37

Pick up results doesn’t mean these teams will make the playoffs, it just means they will improve as surely they can’t get any worse.

Whereas I’m struggling to see where our next win is coming from.

Can anyone say with any certainty that we will pick up more points than Partick and Falkirk between now and the end of the season?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 11:49

The happy clappers don’t half come out with some nonsense. There is no Pars fan alive who thinks we are Barca/Real/Juve. Does that mean we should just accept the utter rot we are serving up week in, week out ? Let’s be honest here. We currently have a team who are massively under performing, a manager that doesn’t seem to know what his best team is. Dreadfully poor signings in the summer have left us in dire straights. Failure to win any of our next 3 games is not acceptable and the board have to act. Hopefully the lads knuckle down in training this week and AJ pulls something out the bag.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 11:55

"Can anyone say with any certainty that we will pick up more points than Partick and Falkirk between now and the end of the season?"

You can never be certain as our run along with St Mirrens a couple of seasons back shows that teams who are bottom in December can have a better 2nd half of the season and like us, finish in a decent position considering.

I'll tell you what though. You'll not find a falkirk fan who thinks they'll finish above us. Everyone I've spoken to reckons they'll go down.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 11:57

If we made ''dreadfully poor signings in the summer'' how are we ''massively under-performing''? These statements can't both be right. The second one suggests you think we have a decent squad.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 12:06

Yes they can.

You can sign someone who is underperforming in the hope that they will improve. If they don't it's a poor signing.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 13:36

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 25 Nov 11:37

Pick up results doesn’t mean these teams will make the playoffs, it just means they will improve as surely they can’t get any worse.

Whereas I’m struggling to see where our next win is coming from.

Can anyone say with any certainty that we will pick up more points than Partick and Falkirk between now and the end of the season?

Think you struggle to see anything positive.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 13:42

The splash the cash button will be pressed on January. It's the Dunfermline way.

Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

Post Edited (Sun 25 Nov 13:54)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 14:50

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 25 Nov 11:57

If we made ''dreadfully poor signings in the summer'' how are we ''massively under-performing''? These statements can't both be right. The second one suggests you think we have a decent squad.

Standard happy clapper response. Semantics. Snide remarks. Zzzzz
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 15:32

Can't you come up with anything more original than 'happy clapper'? It's 'dire straits' by the way. Semantics, I know, but let's keep our standards up.

Sweet dreams.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jock-par  
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 21:06

We must surely be the most underperforming team in the country when you taken into account the finances to league position. Something has to change

We are Dunfermline, we're on our way back!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 21:17

Quote:

jock-par, Sun 25 Nov 21:06

We must surely be the most underperforming team in the country when you taken into account the finances to league position. Something has to change

Falkirk, Partick? There's 2 teams and I've not even had to look at another league.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 21:26

Quote:

allparone, Sun 25 Nov 21:17

Quote:

jock-par, Sun 25 Nov 21:06

Falkirk, Partick? There's 2 teams and I've not even had to look at another league.

Exactly, another stupid .net post
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 22:04

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Sun 25 Nov 14:50

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 25 Nov 11:57

Standard happy clapper response. Semantics. Snide remarks. Zzzzz

It was a very sensible retort but as you have no equally reasonable reply you resort to the very snidey remarks you accused him of.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRFC_no1  
Date:   Sun 25 Nov 22:28

Happy clappers is the right term, along with the black and white tinted specs........

Something is not right at the minute. Its clear to see looking at just the facts. Ive not been at games (moved to England start of season) so performances dong bother me, end of the day results do the talking, not how well someone runs around producing nothing. One of our strikers hasn’t scored in 14 league games.....I said I would reserve judgement on him until wed played a few games......he is a striker and cant score goals at this level, he is not good enough!

We have won 1 home league game all season. We are 7 points (yes 7) off of 4th place already (we are only 5 ahead of 9th so closer to the drop zone). This season is looking more and more like JJs last in League One to me on paper. We made a profit last season, yet are struggling, meaning transfer dealings (in and out) have failed.

How long so the fans keep putting up with this? At this time of year I cant expect it to be too long which will have a negative impact financially.

But then again I don’t have on those specs so all is not rosie in my eyes.........
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 08:21

Quote:

DRFC_no1, Sun 25 Nov 22:28

Happy clappers is the right term, along with the black and white tinted specs........

Something is not right at the minute. Its clear to see looking at just the facts. Ive not been at games (moved to England start of season) so performances dong bother me, end of the day results do the talking, not how well someone runs around producing nothing. One of our strikers hasn’t scored in 14 league games.....I said I would reserve judgement on him until wed played a few games......he is a striker and cant score goals at this level, he is not good enough!

We have won 1 home league game all season. We are 7 points (yes 7) off of 4th place already (we are only 5 ahead of 9th so closer to the drop zone). This season is looking more and more like JJs last in League One to me on paper. We made a profit last season, yet are struggling, meaning transfer dealings (in and out) have failed.

How long so the fans keep putting up with this? At this time of year I cant expect it to be too long which will have a negative impact financially.

But then again I don’t have on those specs so all is not rosie in my eyes.........

Happy clapping rose tinted specs would be ok if you didnt cry when you get called pant wetting moaners.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 08:32

I'm OK with that, you happy clapping, rose tinted specs wearing, avian hells angel you.

Now I'm off to change my boxers lol.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 09:39

Fine by me also :) Im just glad I can see it from all different angles and not just following the party line that all is fine :)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 09:52

Quote:

DRFC_no1, Mon 26 Nov 09:39

Fine by me also :) Im just glad I can see it from all different angles and not just following the party line that all is fine :)

Yeah, I don't see anyone saying all is fine, try Specsavers?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 09:55

good to see we are back at the "lucky to have a club" phase and nobody should question anything.

Perspectives "We are 7 points (yes 7) off of 4th place already (we are only 5 ahead of 9th so closer to the drop zone)." We have a possible 66 points left to play for so 7 points is relativley nothing. look at us/Inverness last season in 2nd half of season as well as St Mirren the year before. A good run of form can make up ground

However- No belief in the management. Nothing to suggest he is able to reinvigorate the players. Poor summer recruitment where we had a relatively large clearing of the decks (whether forced or through choice) and chance to build based on where we we finished last season. Concede poor set piece goals, persisting with team that is clear doesnt "work". No sign that is able to progress a players career through developing him technically/tactically. First team in a long time that looks beaten as soon as we concede a goal. Strikers not converting chances to put us ahead in games.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 09:56

Quote:

mach1, Mon 26 Nov 08:32

I'm OK with that, you happy clapping, rose tinted specs wearing, avian hells angel you.

Now I'm off to change my boxers lol.

You forgot "Birdbrain".

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 10:29

ation Battle
Posted from the iOS app Topic Originator: DRFC_no1 like | nolike
Date: Mon 26 Nov 09:39

———

Everything is far from fine, and no one is suggesting otherwise.

Some folks choose to see the positives and don’t come on here trembling with fury when things don’t work out the way we’d like.
Any decision the BOD makes for our club is good enough for “me”, whether I agree with it or not, and if the BOD decides that AJ will remain our manager then I’ll back that decision.

Naturally that will make me a happy clapper to those who demand wins almost every week, but I won’t be turning my back on our club, and I’ll still “support” them through the bad times.

It’s a very tricky financial decision to sack a manager, and I for one will stick with our BOD’s decision on this as I’m more than sure they won’t act without weighing up all the pros and cons for the good of DAFC.
To withdraw your financial support will make the decision to change management a more difficult one, and I for one won’t make these decisions harder by withholding my support.
Anyone who want to stop supporting the club has every right to do so, just know that these fans you are putting down for backing the club through difficult times are the very fans that are making sure you have a club to come back to when you feel DAFC are once again worthy of your support (which will mean winning games again for some of you)

Happy clappers V glory hunters, only one of these groups will ensure the long term future of our club, and that’ll be the fans that sick with the club through thick and thin.

Post Edited (Mon 26 Nov 10:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 11:00

Is it glory hunting to not accept mediocrity? Im not looking for millions to be thrown to make sure we are promoted or cup runs or push for europe. I want us to be competitive based on the budget we have and that is top 3/4 in this league. Our only consistency is out inconsistency.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 11:09

Is it happy clapping to accept that we aren’t good right now, but choose to see the positives and not withdraw our support?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 11:14

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Mon 26 Nov 11:00

Is it glory hunting to not accept mediocrity? Im not looking for millions to be thrown to make sure we are promoted or cup runs or push for europe. I want us to be competitive based on the budget we have and that is top 3/4 in this league. Our only consistency is out inconsistency.

You are a reasonable contributor though. Some folk go way too far.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 11:25

Perhaps Leishman could do one of his inspirational team talks.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 11:55

Sorry Parrot, but I'm sure there's a bit more than a birdbrain inside that helmet.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 12:38

Quote:

mach1, Mon 26 Nov 11:55

Sorry Parrot, but I'm sure there's a bit more than a birdbrain inside that helmet.

Shhhh! Don't tell this lot!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 12:53

PuP - how many people were saying the same thing under JJ in his last season when we were 4 points off top at the same stage? And look how that ended.......

I get we are not performing well, but thats up to the manager.....thats his job is to manage the players to improve. Thats any manager in the worlds job with under performing staff. If he cant do that then get rid. And if people cant see that AJ cant do that then sorry but they are happy clappers that are choosing to ignore it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 13:41

How many of our players have had or about to get operations.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 18:45

"How many of our players have had or about to get operations."

Seven this season already, against a normal full season's average of 1-2 (information given at the Supporters' Council last week.)

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 18:56

Weren't most of the ops for hernias? Could the injuries be linked to training/playing on artificial pitches?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 19:29

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 26 Nov 18:56

Weren't most of the ops for hernias? Could the injuries be linked to training/playing on artificial pitches?

Played 7s on astro for 20 years, never once had a hernia. The myth about plastic pitches is a load of tosh.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 23:10

Is there another possible explanation for the high incidence of hernias?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 23:26

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 26 Nov 23:10

Is there another possible explanation for the high incidence of hernias?

Over training can cause a hernia. A weak muscle can cause a hernia. A plastic pitch cant.....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 01:35

It's interesting to read up on hernias in sports.

I didn't know that a sports hernia, very common in football, tennis, rugby, basketball and other sports is not a true abdominal or inguinal hernia.

The severity and pain can vary a great deal and there are several similar ailments, such as the thing plaguing Sean Murdoch for such a long time, osteitis pubis.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 05:51

He's such a cheery fellow is parsfan97. Makes 1981par look like a superoptimist.

Of course, I'll now be labelled as a happy clapper, because I'm obviously delighted that we've been losing more games than we've won.

I'm pleased the players don't share his gloomy outlook. A positive mindset is so important in almost any walk of life, more so in football where setbacks are commonplace.

If you believe you can win, you might.

If you think you will fail, you will.......

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 06:07

ation Battle
Date: Mon 26 Nov 19:29

Quote:

Played 7s on astro for 20 years, never once had a hernia. The myth about plastic pitches is a load of tosh.

————
Just because you’ve not been injured playing on a plastic pitch doesn’t mean it’s not possible.
We were told to lift our artificial pitch because of players being injured. Maybe training on one surface and playing on another doesn’t help? The end result was us lifting our pitch, so there must have been a case for players getting injured on artificial pitches.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 06:27

Quote:

WORST, Tue 27 Nov 06:07

ation Battle

Quote:

————
Just because you’ve not been injured playing on a plastic pitch doesn’t mean it’s not possible.
We were told to lift our artificial pitch because of players being injured. Maybe training on one surface and playing on another doesn’t help? The end result was us lifting our pitch, so there must have been a case for players getting injured on artificial pitches.

Yes, there must be a case for it, which is why 10x more clubs have them now in the Scottish game than when we had ours..........
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 07:18

I think the reason we had to lift our astro pitch was for reasons other than injuries.
The quality of the surface used nowadays are much better as well.

Maybe do a study of teams who use them all the time to see what the injury rates are compared with on grass.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 07:25

Rovers are in the middle of a horrendous spate of injuries just now. Guess what they've just installed?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 08:00

So are Hearts though.

What about Kelty Hearts? They play and train on astro surface all the time.

It would need a proper study to determine injury rates and types with data from a wide number of users before a reasoned conclusion can be drawn.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 09:00

Topic Originator: DRFC_no1 like | nolike
Date: Tue 27 Nov 06:27

Quote:

WORST, Tue 27 Nov 06:07

ation Battle

Quote:

————
We were told to lift our artificial pitch because of players being injured. *Maybe training on one surface and playing on another doesn’t help?* The end result was us lifting our pitch, so there must have been a case for players getting injured on artificial pitches.

Yes, there must be a case for it, which is why 10x more clubs have them now in the Scottish game than when we had ours..........

<<<Maybe training on one surface and playing on another doesn’t help?>>>

———
I remember both Celtic and sevco complaining about our surface causing injures, and we were forced to lift it at the end of that same season. I remember the banter with their fans about how Scottish football is fixed in their favour at all times.
If that’s not the case? Then why did we have to get rid of it? It was either partially or full funded by FIFA/UEFA(?), it was both earning and saving us money so why have it lifted?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 09:03

Turns out plastic whistle were first to complain about injuries

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/30-Clubs/2336-turf-wars

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 09:31

Our astro pitch wasn't accepted by some other teams, Celtic being one who complained because of injuries and that it could give us an unfair advantage, due to their unfamiliarity with it.

We did not have to replace it because there was proven evidence that more injuries were being caused by it.

Check it out with club historians, or others who were involved.
We did not carry out due diligence at the time to determine it's acceptability and it cost us a lot of money to have to relay the turf.

Times have moved on and the standard of astro has improved dramatically. Many people can now see benefits that were not there at the time we got ours.

Equally there are still many who don't like it and will never be convinced of any benefits.

On the subject of how it is more likely to cause injuries or not, we could put the question to our club sports physio, who would surely have a more informed opinion.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 09:36

GG Riva, unsure why you always go after some of my post buy hey ho, we just aren't good enough to compete this season, which comes down to AJ most of all as he signed these duds in the summer, the reason i said we are in a relegation battle is because we are in relegation form, stats don't lie so why try and sugar coat it?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 09:42

I always thought the controversy about our artificial pitch very strange. Weren't artificial surfaces encouraged by UEFA at the time? I remember Papin and Rush coming to EEP to help promote it but then UEFA wouldn't let us play UEFA Cup games on it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 09:54

That's right.

My cynicism thinks that those promoting it were getting the biggest bungs.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 10:02

haha love that guys that play 7s once a week on astro compare that to the intensity of a professional athlete in terms of propensity to get injured.

The club have recently built/opened a gym facility and we are now seeing a higher number of injuries/operations required. Coincidence?

Sure someone here been a member at carnegie for the last 20 years and never needed an operation

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 11:02

I definitely prefer grass although having said that I’ve never actually smoked AstroTurf 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 12:24

''GG Riva, unsure why you always go after some of my post buy hey ho, we just aren't good enough to compete this season, which comes down to AJ most of all as he signed these duds in the summer, the reason i said we are in a relegation battle is because we are in relegation form, stats don't lie so why try and sugar coat it?''

I think I've ''gone after'' about two or three of your posts, because you're unduly negative and pessimistic. I'm thinking from your username, that you're quite a young lad, so you'll have done quite a bit of work on the benefits of adopting a growth mindset v a fixed one.

I agree we haven't been good enough in most games this season. The players AJ has signed are not 'duds', they've just not been performing to their maximum potential. It's easy to pin all the blame on the manager, but I'm lucky enough to work with the players on a weekly basis and they don't think it's the manager's fault. As recently as Monday, one first team player told me ''We need to cut out individual mistakes at the back as they're costing us and we need to start put chances away and we'll climb up the table. Realistically, we won't win this league now, but we still have every chance of making the play offs.''

That's what a positive mindset does for you. You, on the other hand, want to talk about a relegation battle. Is that what you would tell our players if you were the manager?

Btw, the player in question has overcome two horrific injuries and fought his way back into the first team. If he had a similar outlook to you, he'd probably have chucked football altogether, especially as the second injury came not long after he'd recovered from the first.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 12:32

The quality of Astro is supposedly really poor at Starks

The Prophet - 12/07/18.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 12:43

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Tue 27 Nov 10:02

haha love that guys that play 7s once a week on astro compare that to the intensity of a professional athlete in terms of propensity to get injured.

The club have recently built/opened a gym facility and we are now seeing a higher number of injuries/operations required. Coincidence?

Sure someone here been a member at carnegie for the last 20 years and never needed an operation

Again, astro pitches must be so bad for people, thats why the numbers have decreas.........oh wait sorry, increased over the last 10 years......

Load of utter tosh that astro is worse than grass. If it was they would be banned from playing on it period.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 12:52

Dont see what is wrong with mentioning the "R" word.

Last time round........

Its okay we can beat Airdrie at home .......... That went horribly wrong.

We will win the play-offs.

Scrapped by Forfar & demolished by Alloa.

I dont see it as being pessimistic, more realistic. We need to up our game and fast, I dont see one team in this league who are going to roll over & accept relegation.
This is going to be a fight and we had better be prepared.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 13:05

GG so if no duds, who have we signed that was better than any first team starter that left ie Morris or Clark? No one the recruitment has been shocking and even Cardle would’ve been better than anyone that’s played left wing for us, can understand why you’re sticking up for players you work with but harsh reality ain’t good enough. And just because players think they will improve doesn’t necessarily mean they will, they better be targeting clearing the relegation play offs which we are closer too than the promotion ones
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 13:12

Slaverings

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 13:36

I played on the Astro at East End and it was terrible. The new-ish Astro they had at Dalgety Bay Sports Centre at the time was far better.

I can't remember exactly what happened but I think UEFA were pushing a few different variants at the time and we somehow ended up with one of the poorer quality ones that i think they were promoting but hadn't approved for competition in Europe.

I could wrong the promoting bit but I'm sure we ended up with a lower quality one compared to what was first talked about for some reason.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 13:39

Better players left than those who came in. If you don’t replace a proven goal scorer then you will struggle. Clark’s record for Dunfermline was about 1 in 2. Keena done well against Inverness and I was hoping he could form a partnership with Faz/Ryan but then he got injured. It’s clear that AJ sees Muirhead as a wide midfielder, which is fine but I think Hippo is a better option than him. This season so far has been a complete and utter clusterf**k! AJ has too many options and quite frankly hasn’t got a clue what to do with them.

Post Edited (Tue 27 Nov 13:40)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 13:51

''GG so if no duds, who have we signed that was better than any first team starter that left ie Morris or Clark? No one the recruitment has been shocking and even Cardle would’ve been better than anyone that’s played left wing for us, can understand why you’re sticking up for players you work with but harsh reality ain’t good enough. And just because players think they will improve doesn’t necessarily mean they will, they better be targeting clearing the relegation play offs which we are closer too than the promotion ones''

I'm not sticking up for them - I said they haven't been good enough in most games this season - didn't you read that part of my post? The players themselves admit they've not been good enough and don't think it's AJ's fault.

The players we've signed MIGHT be as good as the likes of Morris and Clark, but they certainly haven't shown us that yet. You should see Louis Longridge in training - his technical ability is amazing, Faiss is another, but they haven't done it on the pitch in real games, so the ability is there. They need to go out and use it.

If the players think they can improve they have a chance. If they think they won't or can't, we're going down. Fortunately, footballers always think they can improve.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 14:02

My fear is that losing and underperforming becomes habitual and good players try too hard to turn things around and make poor or panicky decisions during games.

I would imagine all of the players at Real Madrid are technically gifted and work hard in training and on their fitness, but look how poor their results have been this season.

We badly need results in the next two games to get the heads back up before we head into the real winter weather.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 14:35

2 good points. This season neither Alloa or Cowdenbeath can hammer us in the playoffs!

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 18:10

Quote:

mach1, Tue 27 Nov 14:02

My fear is that losing and underperforming becomes habitual and good players try too hard to turn things around and make poor or panicky decisions during games.

I would imagine all of the players at Real Madrid are technically gifted and work hard in training and on their fitness, but look how poor their results have been this season.

We badly need results in the next two games to get the heads back up before we head into the real winter weather.

It's a legitimate concern, mach1 and that's when a manager has to work hard and earn his corn. A good man manager will be able to use his skills to convince his players that they are better than their opponents.

Jock Stein was a past master at this, from discussions I've had with former Pars players who played under him. "He used to make you feel 10ft tall" Geordie Peebles, once told me. Considering he wasn't much more than 5ft, that was quite an achievement. 😊

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 19:10

“Tell him he’s Pele! “
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Nov 22:28

Aw c'mon GG, George was at least 3" over 5 feet.

Seriously though, Jock had that effect on his players, both with us and maybe moreso at Celtic.

If AJ and Sandy can work a fraction of Stein's magic, we will turn things round.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 06:43

Topic Originator: Angus_W like | nolike
Date: Tue 27 Nov 12:52

''Dont see what is wrong with mentioning the "R" word.

Last time round........

Its okay we can beat Airdrie at home .......... That went horribly wrong.

We will win the play-offs.

Scrapped by Forfar & demolished by Alloa.

I dont see it as being pessimistic, more realistic. We need to up our game and fast, I dont see one team in this league who are going to roll over & accept relegation.
This is going to be a fight and we had better be prepared.''

It's OK to be realistic, Angus, but a good manager will not install fear in his players, as that's more likely to paralyse them so that they make even more mistakes, rather than play better. Why do you think so many relegation ''6 pointers'' are strewn with nervous errors?

Positive, positive, positive.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 06:46

I think a mid table finish this season is most likely.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 07:29

I don’t think we’ll get relegated or even be in a relegation battle this season. That’s good enough for me considering the poor start we’ve had to this season.

We could and should improve once we find the net, and our strikers will know that they could be dropped in January for an incoming striker.

IMO, folks should consider lowering their expectations for this season, and consider climbing the league as a bonus.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 07:51

Quote:

WORST, Wed 28 Nov 07:29

I don’t think we’ll get relegated or even be in a relegation battle this season. That’s good enough for me considering the poor start we’ve had to this season.

We could and should improve once we find the net, and our strikers will know that they could be dropped in January for an incoming striker.

IMO, folks should consider lowering their expectations for this season, and consider climbing the league as a bonus.

I can't agree with your last sentence, Stevie. If you lower your expectations you'll almost certainly achieve less. Better to aim high and be disappointed than aim low and accept mediocrity.

I believe Calum Smith is coming back from his loan spell at Arbroath soon. That should hopefully increase the competition for striking places, so Ryan and Faiss will either have to start scoring or start sitting on the bench.....

Post Edited (Wed 28 Nov 07:54)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 08:10

I’m talking about the fans lowering their expectations in light of the start we’ve had, GG, not the players.
A playoff spot is still very achievable, but to avoid the state some folks get themselves into over this they should consider writing this season off and accepting a playoff spot as a bonus. I suppose it comes down to the level of importance football is in an individuals life? I went to Dingwall expecting nothing from the game, and wasn’t disappointed in the result. I was disappointed in Higgy though, but we’ve all acted in the heat of the moment at some point, and let ourselves and others down because of it.

The players should still be giving their all as they are paid to do so, and should always take to the park with a high PMA.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 08:33

Quote:

WORST, Wed 28 Nov 08:10

I’m talking about the fans lowering their expectations in light of the start we’ve had

Im sorry Stevie but Im pretty sure we started the season by beating one of the favourites for the title on their own patch did we not? To me that sounds like the perfect start to the season. The problems have then flowed since.

And fans want continual improvement year on year. Not asking us to win the league, but even 3rd place or challenging is an improvement. Neither of which will happen this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 08:37

For the fans to accept that is defeatist imo, realistic or not.

I've never, over a lifetime of supporting known the fans to accept mediocrity willingly.

We didn't get the nicknames, Fighting Fifers, or Leishman's Lions for nothing and I want us to be pushing the team every inch of the way and not to go into games expecting nothing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 08:44

Considering we scraped into the playoffs at the 11th hour, I really didn't think we'd see the "progress" the experts demand on here. 2 teams coming down and a stronger team being promoted as champions meant it was always going to be far tougher than last year.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 08:52

If some of the posters could have seen the way the players performed v Ross County last Saturday, relegation was the furthest from their minds. They played for the jersey till they almost dropped. If we had,had eleven v eleven, we would have won that game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 09:09

Great to know.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 09:32

I remember reading in the early 70s about our manager of the time putting pictures of the stadiums if we were relegated and of the ones if we stayed up. So one hand pictures of Ibrox and Parkhead and on the other side pictures of Stair Park and Firs Park. We stayed up that season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 09:37

riginator: DRFC_no1 like | nolike
Date: Wed 28 Nov 08:33

Quote:

I’m talking about the fans lowering their expectations in light of the start we’ve had

Im sorry Stevie but Im pretty sure we started the season by beating one of the favourites for the title on their own patch did we not? To me that sounds like the perfect start to the season. The problems have then flowed since.

And fans want continual improvement year on year. Not asking us to win the league, but even 3rd place or challenging is an improvement. Neither of which will happen this season.

———-
We all know what this team can do, DRFC, but they haven’t managed to keep it going. We are making chances but struggling to find the goal.
We all want to see improvement year on year, but it simply isn’t happening this term.
So do we keep raging about the way things are, or do we change our mindset to give ourselves peace?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 09:50

Quote:

WORST, Wed 28 Nov 09:37

riginator: DRFC_no1 like | nolike
Date: Wed 28 Nov 08:33

Quote:

———-
We all know what this team can do, DRFC, but they haven’t managed to keep it going. We are making chances but struggling to find the goal.
We all want to see improvement year on year, but it simply isn’t happening this term.
So do we keep raging about the way things are, or do we change our mindset to give ourselves peace?

Im sorry, but this changing of mindsets is defeatist and more negative than fans asking for change for a chance to improve. AJs job is to motivate the players to improve, if he cant do that we need someone that can.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 10:38

If we lose another home game this weekend it's certainly relegation candidate material.

one goal at home since mid August. Must be the worst record in Europe.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 11:53

No need to apologise, it’s all about opinions.

I know that players and managers can’t allow that mindset, but fans could to give themselves peace.
I have and feel much better for it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 13:10

We're all different and that's probably a good thing.

Personally my dissatisfaction with the Pars current form doesn't dominate the rest of my life.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: