DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Andy Ryan
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 17:58

The £100k man is useless, hilarious at the end of last season folk believed he’d be our main man this year he’s rotten.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Andy Ryan
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:02

He wouldn’t get a game for The Valley Bar. He’s easily the worst player we’ve ever signed for serious money anyway. Maybe that David Graham loddie but that was when there was cash in Scottish fitba ... 100k is about 3million in our diddy little set up. Scary. When you think where we have come from . Utter utter dumpling.

Post Edited (Sat 10 Nov 18:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:03

hes Just as useless as faz at this level.

Even tho they are both murder aj has found a way to make them even worse by playing them both together.

Might as well send faz back to Dundee and get muirhead in.

The team is worse than the sum of thier parts and those parts arnt even up to much.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:04

100k?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:05

Don’t think it was as much as that. My issue is are we paying all of Fais wage? He is woeful. League 1 at best.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRFC_no1  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:05

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:07

45k. Still a hell of a lot of money.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:07

No-one knows what was paid which in itself is a disgrace, only this week it’s announced that this “fan owned” club’s supporters have given it the lifeline of 1 million pound.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:08

Here's a chance in the first minute of the match, Andy. Cheers, I'll pass it back to their goalkeeper. Pathetic stuff.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:15

Never seen such a pathetic excuse for a striker

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:23

Absolute Garbage , i have reserved my judgement to give him a run of games
Hope this was his last game from the start
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:25

Couldnae believe he missed that chance.My dear mother in her 80s could have put that away ,unbelievable. 😠
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:45

Never was a fan and never will be waste of a wage

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:48

Some of this stuff is a bit savage guys.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:53

Not as savage as this useless boys ability to finish. Should never wear a Pars jersey again

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:53

Missed a sitter in the Dundee Utd match one-on-one, and missed a similar chance at Inverness. Did the hard part by rounding the keeper at Alloa and still couldn't score. Hit the ball at the only place possible that he wouldn't score today. His understanding with el Bakhtaoui is non-existent. His first touch isn't good and he's not exactly quick. The worst part is that he still seems a better option than the likes of Muirhead or Hippolyte up front. That's how bad we are right now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:55

Missing an open goal against that mob ??? Unforgivable. They mutants should have been put to the sword and his shambolic display was as bad as anything I’ve ever seen in a pars top. Not his fault of course . He’s never a footballer but he’s hardly going to own up is he ? Our muggy manager and board that have forked out for this charlatan
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:56

We have the worst centre forwards in the league.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 20:01

Quote:

elvis_lives, Sat 10 Nov 19:56

We have the worst centre forwards in the league.

We have the worst centre forwards in the juniors . We are like a coo with a gun . Shambolic
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 20:04

It will turn. It has too
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 20:32

Ryan wasn't good but some of the comments on here are ridiculous.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 21:13

Ryan not good Hippolyte is just awful every week. How he gets a game!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 21:26

I genuinely thought he could be a decent replacement for Clark. Not a great player but always showed signs of being a good finisher with limited chances. Very disappointed he hasn't taken his chance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 22:27

The argument for getting rid of Moffat was because he missed sitters and the defence was he done a lot for the team. Ryan does neither. Horrid
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 22:31

He’s not great but he’s done more this season than faz has.

Need to get muirhead up to speed and give him a run with Keena.

Has aj ever signed a good striker for us?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: petrie_pants  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 22:32

Andy Ryan is an excellent striker and you all need to shut yer pusses.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kingseat par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 22:49

BigSolBamba, Sat 10 Nov 22:27~#~The argument for getting rid of Moffat was because he missed sitters and the defence was he done a lot for the team. Ryan does neither. Horrid

Ryan doesn't miss sitters? 🤣
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 22:50

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 10 Nov 22:31

Nicky Clark.
I wonder if all those that were happy to see him leave are still happy he’s no longer at EEP and that our left back is now our top goal scorer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 23:07

It's not running for him at the minute. I for one am not writing him off. Goals to minutes played for Dunfermline will be pretty decent.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 23:11

Wasn't glad to see Clark go but neither was I satisfied with his efforts at times either. Let's not kid ourselves that he was always fully committed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 23:14

Quote:

I disagree. Fais has looked much more likely to score - especially today.

On the subject of Muirhead there must be a player in there somewhere but I haven't seen it yet in the home games.

Post Edited (Sat 10 Nov 23:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 23:35

Faz has zero confidence but there’s a player in there . Andy Ryan is fecking hopeless. Everything he does is wrong . Movement , finishing, passing and positional play. It costs the team. In the first half he drifts out wide , and instead of crossing the ball (to where he should be ) he gives it out to higgy. So basically runs 40 yards out of position to pass the ball 10 yards. Those wee details cost you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 23:39

I made the point about Andy Ryan previously about one of his recent interviews saying how he’s been patient and how he deserves a chance. Really irked me. As a footballer, prove your worth - don’t whinge about it. He’s been given plenty chances now and today was an example again of how little he offers our team.

Sorry Andy, but don’t worry, you’re not alone. There’s a few of your colleagues just as bad.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 23:49

Quote:

Toumba Libre, Sat 10 Nov 22:50

Quote:

Nicky Clark.
I wonder if all those that were happy to see him leave are still happy he’s no longer at EEP and that our left back is now our top goal scorer.

I am. Not about the fullback thing but...you know.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 00:56

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Sat 10 Nov 19:48

Some of this stuff is a bit savage guys.

Fairly tame given the nature of the sitter

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 03:49

Definitely wasn't sorry to see Clark go - he was an a*rse of a man for a start and more importantly should have been dropped for his dips in form last year. I was far more disappointed about seeing McManus leave. Aird was another big loss imo and how it took so long for AJ to actually play him was beyond me. Was Andy Ryan not the top scorer in Britain at the time we signed him? And then there was Gavin Reilly, a proven striker who, going by the form he showed for St Mirren, was certainly capable.

We have been crying out for a 6ft+ target man since Graham Bayne a number of years ago and now that we have one, he isn't played in the correct position.

These points all lay the finger of blame at AJs door imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FergPar  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 08:38

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 08:46

Think you'll be in the minority there mate...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 09:10

All our strikers are struggling. Not one man can be singled out. They are all low in confidence and mis-firing.

January sales may need looked at if our budget allows.

Failing that, then give Smith a shot.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 09:28

Aye in January we might be able to get a 6 foot plus striker with a decent rep from down south.

He can warm the bench with the other 6ft plus striker with a decent rep from down south.

I wouldn’t trust aj to buy the right fuel for his never mind get the quality we need through the door.

On paper that was our easiest game, we have to play those dreaded full time teams above us in the league for the next few games, we all know what’s going to happen in those.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 13:35

It seems to be a common theme missing goal scoring opportunities. At least defensively we have stopped giving way goals. With a leaky defence and forwards not finishing its been a worrying situation. I would agree we will be a mid table team this season. Some of our signings have not delivered at all. There is collective responsibility forr the poor performances. I think AJ will be here until the end of the season. He should be given that opportunity in my view. Some of the players are not producing results for whatever reason.Many are on loan or one year deals so they will be moving on snyway. I think it is hard for any manager to build a team under those circumstances. I will continue to support the team as long as they are putting in the effort.

Post Edited (Sun 11 Nov 14:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 21:22

That has to be the worst miss I’ve seen at East End. That’s even worse than Iwelumo’s miss against Norway. He had a few seconds to compose himself to finish it! This is a guy who scored 33 goals in 49 games for Airdrie. He looked so dangerous at Forfar and Airdrie, what the hell has happened to him??

There are so many players Johnson has signed looked like brilliant buys - Ryan, Reilly, Hippolyte, Fais, Muirhead and I’m sure there’s more. Even Williamson, who we all know has the ability to be a quality player looked like a lost little boy yesterday. For the team we have on paper, we aren’t performing anywhere near our ability.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 22:52

Just seen the highlights & that miss in the first minute is one of the worst I have seen. In front of an open goal he passed it back right across the face of the goal to the keeper who was floundering on the deck after the previous save

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 22:56

“At least defensively we have stopped giving way goals. “ Apart from one in a one nil defeat🤔🤔🤔

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 02:20

Worst miss I’ll ever see at east end park. Unbelievable. Mental to think he was scoring for fun before he came here now he can’t score into an open goal from 5 yards out

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 07:49

The miss is worse than I thought. He has three quarters of the goal to aim at and the goalie is on his knees

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 08:58

" Mental to think he was scoring for fun before he came here now he can’t score into an open goal from 5 yards out"

he has been here over a year now and around a dozen first team appearances in that time.

It was a bad miss he will know that but some of the tripe posted here in embarrassing. Lets remember we are a lower half Championship side. We are not going to get a messi/ronaldo/salah who has a 1 chance 1 goal ratio. If you want to watch "perfect" football give up you r season ticket and invest in a comfy sofa and large screen TV. Goals like Man City yesterday with 44 passes in the build up and celtic last week with all 11 players involved and possession for 2 minutes before they scored.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 09:08

He missed a one on one v Dundee Utd, another one v Inverness, went round the keeper and still couldn't score v Alloa and missed a sitter my mum would have scored on Saturday - there's a screen grab somewhere that shows it well; I'm actually not entirely sure his "shot" was on target when you see the angle the keeper is at relative to his position and the goals. It was literally easier to score. Nobody is talking about a Salah figure or scoring the perfect goal. I'm afraid yoir trying to defend the indefensible here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 10:49

"It was a bad miss he will know that but some of the tripe posted here in embarrassing. Lets remember we are a lower half Championship side. We are not going to get a messi/ronaldo/salah who has a 1 chance 1 goal ratio. If you want to watch "perfect" football give up you r season ticket and invest in a comfy sofa and large screen TV. Goals like Man City yesterday with 44 passes in the build up and celtic last week with all 11 players involved and possession for 2 minutes before they scored."

What a lot of nonsense!! It was an open goal from 5 yards. Perfect Goal, I would fully expect a Mini Kicker to score from there!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kirky615  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 10:53

His job is to get into positions and then take his chances, currently he is doing half his job! At championship level with an expectation for the club to achieve play offs this quite simply isn't acceptable. Whilst I fully support the need to launch AJ the players also need to accept responsibility whilst they continue to draw a wage. We have a number who need to leave the club with very little in the way of a sell on value so starting with AJ and Sandy Clark they must go to give a new manager time to review the squad and then replace in January, most probably only with loans though as the boards decision to give him a new contract will bite us considerably. Overall what a mess!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 11:45

apologies, AJ did sign a good striker in Clark.

AJ seems to like tidy small strikers but then we play hoof ball so they are completely ineffective.

Unfortunately playing league 1 tactics in the championship isn't going to work.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 13:06

This forum is in melt down yet again! Andy was our best goal per minute man last season and everyone wondered what he’d have to do to get a start. Fast forward 5 months and we’re not able to score goals and it’s entirley his and Faiss’s fault, ridiculous. The whole team is under performing and it’s clear the strikers lack confidence. Faiss although he isn’t scoring still contributes and looks lively. Andy had a howler on Saturday and he’s being blamed for the loss? Maybe it’s the fact that Ashcroft isnt the man we thought he was last season, I thought he was brilliant and better than Morris but I’ve been proven wrong. Andy is a genuine finisher who had a bad day at the office on Saturday. The players are more than capable of beating anyone team in this league!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 13:26

Interested to know why you thought Ash was better than Morris?

Also re Ryan, I’ve seen him on a number of occasions now and I don’t really see what he brings to the table, his miss on Saturday aside

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 13:38

Reminds me of Declan McManus. Does a power of running with little linkup play or goals.
Must come good sometime surely. Decent strikers don't become bad when they change club, or do they.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 13:53

"Decent strikers don't become bad when they change club, or do they."

Both Ryan and Fais scored a bucket load in League 1. Championship could just be too big a step up.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 14:00

Maybe so in general, but that miss on Saturday, and the half hit attempt by Faissal, plus the blast over the bar from L. Longridge a few weeks ago, shouldn't happen at any level.

We've also had high scorers like Moffat and Reilly join us and lose their scoring potency.

Maybe we lack organisation as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 14:05

Muirhead has to be given a chance up front. If we persist on hoofing balls from back to front at least he can challenge in the air. He has scored a few goals for the reserves - granted a lot lower standard of opposition but you still have to put them away. Keena will be a big miss as he looked a natural finisher and would have buried a few of the chances Ryan had on Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 14:09

''Keena will be a big miss...''

How long is he out for? AJ said he had a 'dead leg'. That's not a long-term injury is it?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 14:21

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Nov 14:09

How long is he out for? AJ said he had a 'dead leg'. That's not a long-term injury is it?

If it’s a dead leg, he will be fine for the next game. The way he limped off made me think it was a calf injury but I suppose the manager would have stated that post match ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 14:48

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Nov 14:09

Wasn't sure of the nature of the injury. As Raymie says, I thought it looked more serious at the time. Good news if it's just a dead leg, he should be fine for the next game. Is this confirmed?

Post Edited (Mon 12 Nov 14:49)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tribbiani  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 15:10

[Post Deleted] - Deliberately provoking fellow DAFC.net poster(s)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: