DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Stevie Crawford
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:21

The man to replace AJ?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Stevie Crawford
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:21

Cheap option. Good experience with Neilson assistant
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:23

We seriously missed the boat not getting Neilson when we had the chance. I wouldn’t have Crawford though. Too inexperienced and flopped at East Fife as manager
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:24

no on Crawford and don't see how its a cheap option unless hes going to do 3 roles on his own.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:29

Possibly until the end of the season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:33

He's fairly influenced our strikers eh....sit doon.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:34

Quote:

RossF, Sat 10 Nov 19:23

We seriously missed the boat not getting Neilson when we had the chance. I wouldn’t have Crawford though. Too inexperienced and flopped at East Fife as manager

Doubt Nielson would have taken the job. Did he not turn down St Mirren in the top flight.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Inchkeithpar  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:36

Darren young with courts as assistant, Young has proven himself a brilliant young manager and knows the club and courts as assistant would certainly give the team a kick up the erse and has a rep as a disciplinarian. Could do well together
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 19:37

When AJ goes hopefully sooner rather than later. We need to make sure we make the right appointment. Someone who can get the most out of the players. Do we go for someone unknown or someone with Scottish experience? Who would want the job? Ian McCall, Stewart Petrie, Jimmy Nicholl, Owen Coyle? Who knows but a change is needed. AJ Has an attitude problem for me. He’s stubborn and not prepared to gamble when needed. He’s reluctant to make changes when everyone can see the game is crying out for a change. He leaves it far too late and the players coming on don’t have enough time to make an impact. For me he goes out to play not to get beat instead of going out to win and being upbeat with the right tempo and attitude. Look at Jimmy C he would go for it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 20:43

Quote:

RossF, Sat 10 Nov 19:23

We didn’t have the chance with Neilson, he’s earning more than twice what AJ is. He was waiting on either Dundee job, not ours. That’s a fact and before anyone asks I’ll not say how I know
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 20:45

Quote:

tappies par, Sat 10 Nov 19:37

When AJ goes hopefully sooner rather than later. We need to make sure we make the right appointment. Someone who can get the most out of the players. Do we go for someone unknown or someone with Scottish experience? Who would want the job? Ian McCall, Stewart Petrie, Jimmy Nicholl, Owen Coyle? Who knows but a change is needed. AJ Has an attitude problem for me. He’s stubborn and not prepared to gamble when needed. He’s reluctant to make changes when everyone can see the game is crying out for a change. He leaves it far too late and the players coming on don’t have enough time to make an impact. For me he goes out to play not to get beat instead of going out to win and being upbeat with the right tempo and attitude. Look at Jimmy C he would go for it.

Jimmy C is ill and quite poorly, suggestions like this tell me all I need to know about your current knowledge
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 20:47

I think he is suggesting that JC would have gone for it if he had been in charge. He is not suggesting we go back for JC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 20:49

Stewart Petrie’s doing well right enough
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 21:00

Darren Young for me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 21:05

Crawford probably turned down joining United as he fancied there might be a vacant post here soon.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 21:16

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sat 10 Nov 20:49

Stewart Petrie’s doing well right enough

Would be very surprised if he would go full time. Has a very good job in banking.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 23:44

Quote:

tappies par, Sat 10 Nov 19:37

Have you forgotten already that JC had money that nearly finished us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 08:18

The point about JC is nothing to do with money. It is about how he as a manager would attempt to change a game by his tactics, change of formation and substitutions in an attempt to recover a game that was going against him. It didn't always work but, more often than not, it did. Johnston does not have a clue how to do this properly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 08:56

Exactly. I thought when he put Muirhead on, he was going for broke with three frontmen.

Not our tactical genius. He puts him on the wing, where he looked like he was pulling a cart!!

Incidentally, is he still not fit, because tbh, he looked not at all match sharp
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 09:19

Stevie Crawford, the man to replace Andy Ryan shirley ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 09:42

Crawford was never going to Utd.
He committed to the chairman that he would stay on till the end of the season at least.
That could change if a new man comes in however.

2014/15 Squealadeal Prediction League Champion

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: