DAFC.net
Home 23 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bucket list
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 23:51

Just seen the Par thread regarding the Boca game cancelled tonight, and wondered what game you would put on your bucket list, mine would be the River Plate Derby

Post Edited (Sun 11 Nov 00:13)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bucket list
Topic Originator: steviethepar  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 23:53

Ur point is caller.......
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 23:56

Milan Derby and managed to tick that off last month.

Seeing Pars away from home in the Champions League is the ultimate bucket list goal of mine though - think that may be something I unfortunately take to my grave with me.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 06:48

My dreams in regards to football were always to

A) watch the Pars run out to play in Europe (being that I started watching in 1970 I had missed to glory days of the 60’s) I realised we’d that dream in Iceland some years ago

B) to watch Scotland in a major finals, not achieved as yet
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 07:25

The Angus derby. Which I ticked off yesterday😆 I’d rather watch anything other than Dunfermline right now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 17:01

Quote:

steviethepar, Sat 10 Nov 23:53

Ur point is caller.......

What part do you need explained?

What a bucket list is or what the River Plate derby is?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 17:07

I remember being in the centre stand at Hampden at an old firm game. It was when there was no or little segregation. It was great watching all the fighting, knowing I was safe. I would like to see games like that again 😂.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 22:07

Pars winning scottish cup again. Remember 68,greatest day in my life.To be fair ,wife understands 😀.

Post Edited (Sun 11 Nov 22:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 22:59

<<Pars winning scottish cup again. Remember 68,greatest day in my life...>

That would indeed be special, twin par. I wouldn't say the cup final was the greatest day of my Pars supporting life, though it would certainly be there or thereabouts. To me, the 2-0 win at Parkhead that year would get the prize.

The cup final was marred for me by the decision by the Glasgow Police to not allow us the lap of honour. My abiding memory of that day was standing at the front of the terrace opposite the main stand at the end of the game excitedly waiting for it all to happen. And when it didn't, it was all a bit of an anticlimax.

Something very important was stolen from us that day.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 23:43

Talking of cup finals, the 2007 final was another of those games that left me with a huge sense of anticlimax.

Given the brilliant run we had had to Hampden, there was every expectation that we would win the cup.

The night before I had enjoyed a few jars in the East Port with Roy Barry, the captain of the '68 winning side, so to say that I felt the gods were with us was an understatement. Everyone was up for it. A group of us gathered pre-game in a beer garden near Hampden and as we chanted and sang you could sense the excitement and anticipation. The sight of all those black and white flags on entering the stadium was overwheming and recalling it still fills me with immense pride. Everything looked so right for a Pars win.

How Celtic won that game, we will never know. And their goal, which was scored by someone even the Celtic fans can't remember today, was such a soft touch. But that was it; it wasn't to be. But one day, surely one day...

On the way out of the ground, I looked up to the window of one of our supporters buses and there was dotnet legend, Fu Manchu. He looked totally drained and dispirited; I think we all were. We chatted for a while but nothing could hide our disappointment.

I had parked my car near Buchanan Street in the centre of Glasgow and had caught the train to Mount Florida. After the game, I abandoned all plans to catch the train back when I saw the queues and decided to walk. It was a long trek and on the way a white minibus tooted me. I turned around and there was Par in Exile and a few other dotnet worthies.

About half an hour later, as I approached the Jamaica Bridge, I thought to myself, geez it would have been nice if they had offered me a lift!

Still, all these years on, I look back on that day and reflect that every single second of it was worth the long arduous 12,000 mile flight from Melbourne to just have had that experience.

I hope I am still around to enjoy it again one day, one more time.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 08:29

Also remember both games well Ozpar, with mixed emotions.

Elated in 68, but mugged by Hearts fans half an hour later on way to bus. Still happy, once the bleeding stopped lol.

2007 was my grandson's first cup final, first time at Hampden and so up for it, but oh that goal. We had a couple of chances earlier on as well.

Hope me and/or my family get another chance or two.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: