DAFC.net
Home 24 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Atmosphere today
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:43

I attended the game with my cousin who is over from OZ and he was extremely impressed by how much noise a small crowd of people could make. This is from a guy who attends 80k Aussie rules games. The NW was bouncing for 45 mins. Obviously sobered up after half time. At least Higgy lasted until 70mins before he was blowing out his bottom .
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Atmosphere today
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:52

Agree. Fans were great. Unfortunately the team could not respond.

I don’t blame the same crew for shouting for AJ’s head. The guy is a clown and needs to go.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 18:52

Fans got behind the team today, sang for 70 mins. The team truly is garbage tho.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 06:59

OUTSTANDING!
The young lads in the north west stand today were amazing. Thanks for creating such an amazing atmosphere during the game today. It’s certainly one of the best I’ve heard in all my years going, the hairs were standing on the back of my neck and it was great to see you guys having so much fun.
I hope the result doesn’t put too many of you off coming to the next home game. I’d love to see the club encouraging these young vocal supporters. Possibly by making that section cheaper to get into or even free for them. To encourage as many along as we can get.
Hope to hear you all next home game.
COYP

Post Edited (Sun 11 Nov 07:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 07:46

The atmosphere they created was exceptional.

On the field we have seen 2 Home League goals from 7 games.

Last season it was 18 Home League goals.

Any argument that the players are not getting encouragement from the Stands does not wash.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 09:06

The fans in the NW were superb. Well done.

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 09:09

Very decent atmosphere which understandably went a bit sour after the final whistle.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 09:53

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 12:06

Agreed. Backing the team for the majority of the game. Welcome back any time 👍

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 13:32

<<OUTSTANDING!
The young lads in the north west stand today were amazing. Thanks for creating such an amazing atmosphere during the game today. It’s certainly one of the best I’ve heard in all my years going, the hairs were standing on the back of my neck and it was great to see you guys having so much fun.
I hope the result doesn’t put too many of you off coming to the next home game. I’d love to see the club encouraging these young vocal supporters. Possibly by making that section cheaper to get into or even free for them. To encourage as many along as we can get.
Hope to hear you all next home game.>>

100% agree with all your points KP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 14:25

Really good atmosphere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 15:46

Quote:

desparado, Sat 10 Nov 18:52

Agree. Fans were great. Unfortunately the team could not respond.

I don’t blame the same crew for shouting for AJ’s head. The guy is a clown and needs to go.

That's really not fair. I think they did respond. It shows what a good support can do. They just couldn't finish but they did respond.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 15:55

I don’t think they did. That kind of backing should inspire players to be up for a fight, to give them that extra 10% energy. Falkirk wanted that result more than us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 16:03

Another of the game's great cliches - 'They wanted it more than us'. I didn't really see any evidence of that but I wish we had a midfielder like Prince Bauben - someone who can pass the ball and put his foot in and win a tackle. He looks like a good signing for them and will probably improve as he gains full fitness.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 16:10

To me Falkirk upped their game as we got into the last twenty minutes.

They were winning the midfield scraps and giving us a hard time down their right especially pressurising Longbridge and Ashcroft.

We couldn't respond as some players were tiring and any inspiration went off with Higgy.

Maybe next game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 16:17

I said to my mate after about 15 minutes that Higgy wouldn't last the full 90 minutes because of the energy he had expended already and the fact he hadn't played a full game for about 2 months so I wasn't surprised he was subbed. Sometimes players have to be subbed for their own protection when they're returning from injury.

I thought the only time Falkirk were in control was a few minutes before they scored. Before and after that they were content to hit on the break.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: