DAFC.net
Home 23 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Brothers in Football
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 13:10

Unfortunately I think this might be a BT Sport only production but I watched this last night and if anyone is looking for a feel good football program to pass a bit of time, this is it.

It charts the story of the incredible history of amateurs Corinthian and covers everything from their inception (designed to rival our very own Queens Park), their early success and progress to the greatest side in the world, the link to a school boy that returned to Brazil and took football with him and the subsequent formation of Corinthians Paulista, the decimation of the squad serving in the first world war, the merger with Casuals and their struggle to regain their status and the incredible link between the Brazillian Corinthians and the team they view as their forefathers plying their trade in the 7th tier of English football that not only has Brazillians making a pilgrimage to London to watch non league football but also resulted in Corinthian beating Real Madrid and Barcelona in a fans poll for the invitation to a friendly to open Corinthians Paulista's new ground.

It's a fantastic story of a club where every position is filled by unpaid amateurs and really is about the romantic notion of football from a bygone era.

It's genuinely one of the best football programs I've ever watched and if you get the chance to check out I'd highly recommend it.

If you think the sportsmanship issue with the Sterling penalty demanded debate then historically Corinthian goalkeepers stood aside at penalties in protest of the very notion that a gentleman could possible perpetrate a deliberate foul...
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: