DAFC.net
Home 13 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Man City v Man U
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 16:15

A good game of football is better than valium for any football fan feeling down today. Fingers crossed this game will do the trick.

As Kelty Par pointed out a few days ago, a result for United would help check City's gallop to the title, but seeing Jose's moaning puss after the game as he shifts the blame on everyone else would be priceless. 😊

Common sense would suggest a win for City but as we saw as recently as yesterday, logic and football don't always go hand in hand.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Man City v Man U
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 16:45

Humiliation on the cards for Jose

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 19:18

Were either of the handball shouts close to handball?

I didn't think they were but there were some big shouts round about.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 19:27

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 11 Nov 19:18

Were the two of them close together? I remember a couple of shouts within a couple of minutes or so but can't remember them replaying it on tv.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 20:03

City miles ahead in every department

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 20:06

Quote:

allparone, Sun 11 Nov 19:27

Quote:

Were the two of them close together? I remember a couple of shouts within a couple of minutes or so but can't remember them replaying it on tv.

Sorry app wouldn't connect for a bit there. Yeah it was one after the other but I'm guessing they'd have had a replay if there was anything contentious in there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 20:09

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 11 Nov 20:06

Quote:

allparone, Sun 11 Nov 19:27

Quote:

Sorry app wouldn't connect for a bit there. Yeah it was one after the other but I'm guessing they'd have had a replay if there was anything contentious in there.

There may have been a replay but I can't remember seeing one. They didn't look deliberate in real time to me tbh but the camera angles/distance would make it impossible to know for sure.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 20:14

Cool thanks for that mate. My eyesight is going the way of Wengers!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 20:18

Man Utd are so far behind Man City it is actually quite scary. City look like they can win games without getting out of first gear. That’s the worst Man Utd side I can remember.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 20:23

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 11 Nov 20:14

Cool thanks for that mate. My eyesight is going the way of Wengers!

Tbh, I didn't pay too much attention to the incidents as I felt it didn't really matter anyway. If the result of the match was in the balance it may have been more significant but I felt that even when Man Utd score the penalty and got one back that City were never in danger of dropping points. As said above, the gulf between the two is huge at the moment. To be fair though I think there is a gulf between City and everybody else in the league. Their goals for and against column is frightening.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 20:36

I think Liverpool have spent well and are the real deal and I think Chelsea have improved big time but maybe need a couple of top quality players, one being another 20 goal plus a season striker to challenge. I think the top 3 could all keep their unbeaten runs going for a while yet.

Spurs and Arsenal are also solid sides so I think it's going to be an interesting season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 20:59

Aw did Man u get beat?
Thats a shame eh 😂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 07:51

Quote:

widtink, Sun 11 Nov 20:59

Aw did Man u get beat?
Thats a shame eh 😂

Did you not watch it, Widders? It was a bit of a mismatch really. Jose's boys couldn't get the ball off City. 44 consecutive passes in the lead up to thev3rd goal. They had one shot on target and that was a penalty...... Says it all, really.

Not a good result for Liverpool's title aspirations all the same....☹

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 08:33

This thread seems to be awful quiet, wonder why that is...........
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 08:40

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 08:42

Yes Man City are a much better team than Man Utd. I'm sure most neutrals would have wanted Utd to have won yesterday.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/10/manchester-city-amnesty-international-football-leaks

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 09:10

I linked to the whole 4 part expose of Man City and their shady practices on the European Super League thread TOWK, well worth an hour or two of anyone's time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Brucey Bonus  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 09:16

They should indeed have taken the high ground, what with United having sponsor agreements with the cuddly Bank of Qatar, the fluffy Russian state airline and the adorable sports ministry of Saudi Arabia.

There’s no winner if you want that kind of argument
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 10:00

I look forward to the amnesty international report on Man Utd.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 10:37

https://www.emiratesnbd.com/en/personal-banking/cards/credit-cards/manchester-united-credit-card/

Turns out some deals with the UAE are ok.

And why stop at the UAE when you can deal with the Government of Saudi Arabia too:

https://www.manutd.com/en/partners/media/stc

And then there's Azerbijani money where Amnesty have also criticised the regime:

https://www.bakcell.com/en/04/2014/the-manchester-united-summer-soccer-school-is-in-azerbaijan-for-the-second-time-in-a-row

I guess if you put on a soccer school it's ok to work with regimes that conduct mass roundups of LGBT citizens.

And if we want to go full throttle on taking the moral high ground against these human rights violators we can jump on the 19 bus down to Rosyth to protest BAE modernising the UAE F16 fleet.

https://www.airforce-technology.com/news/bae-systems-raytheon-projector-dle-hud/

Fear not anyone living in the East of Fife, you can all pop along to Glenrothes and protest Raytheon.

We're ok selling them arms but not letting them invest in football?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 10:41

For once, I'm in complete agreement with Jose.....

Jose Mourinho has hit out at those choosing to use "stats" to analyse Manchester United's performance in their 3-1 defeat at rivals Manchester City .

After the match, he said: "I think we are not going to be relegated."

"So, when I analyse the game today, I think the difference was, you can go for stats. That's the way people that don't understand football analyse football, is with stats.

"I don't go for stats, I go for what I felt and I watch in the game and the game was there until the 80 something minute.

"So, I consider the performance of my team a performance with mistakes. It's different than a bad performance. One thing is a bad performance another thing is a performance with mistakes.

"We made mistakes, we were punished by these mistakes, but the performance, the mentality, the togetherness, the belief, the fight until the end was something that we are building and we are not going to lose that because of a defeat."

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 10:58

Like I said LPF, I look forward to the amnesty international report on the owners of Man Utd or Liverpool or Arsenal. It appears that for some the 'sportswashing' had worked a treat.
A month ago or so Man Utd were being linked with a multi billion buy out by Saudi Arabia. If that were to happen I think that would do it for me as regards Utd.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 11:48

To be fair there's not been an Amnesty International report they've piggy backed onto the Der Spiegel articles as it highlights the number of UAE companies that have been involved with City over the years.

You can go through every club in the EPL and you'll find a connection to a company where you can question the morality of the people behind the money. It's pretty much the nature of big business.

It's part of the reason there's been virtually no comment from any other club in the EPL.

The main reason that City were bought was because the UAE knows that oil is not going to last for ever and they wanted a vehicle to promote UAE businesses.

Turning City into a successful football team allows the UAE brands associated with them global exposure they would never have had in the past.

FWIW I think Amnesty are right to highlight human rights abuses around the world but I think there's been a fair amount of hypocrisy towards the UAE deals with City when the UK is more than happy to trade with them at every level.

It's really easy to start taking pot shots at multinationals:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2016/09/electric-cars-running-on-child-labour/

That's amnesty highlighting that General Motors (owner of United's primary sponsor Cheverlot) probably aren't doing enough to combat child labour in their supply chain for batteries.

And on the subject of the morality behind football financing, do we ever have to look at the historical aspect of how companies made their money?

Is it morally right for United to have a sponsorship deal with a subsidiary of a company that profited from selling equipment to the Nazi war machine used in a war against Britain or is that too far back in history and we let that one slide?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 15:18

Yeah we let that one slide because that was a long time ago and we can't go back in time and criticise them for selling the Nazis equipment when they actually done it. We can however, invthe present day, highlight how Man City's owners abuse human rights and persecute minorities. Or we can coo over silky football being played by millionaire young men. Which is why the Sheiks are spending their billions.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 15:38

Nothing more embarrassing than petty point scoring when your mob have been well and truly pumped. Man Utd fans are so bitter these days. It’s hilarious to watch grown men have full meltdowns regarding some fitba side they’ve seen about 3 times in 15 years . Brilliant

Post Edited (Mon 12 Nov 19:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 16:43

I don't do petty point scoring. By the way it's your mob not you're. ;-)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 13:17

Quote:

Hummingbird Harry, Mon 12 Nov 08:40

Wee wheelie par still on a ban or is he in hiding?

Haha I know that weapon outside the forum and I can confirm he is an absolute roaster. Sadly it’s not even an act. Think the last time he attended EEP was about 1996. The only time he has seen Man Utd was nippers testimonial. He’ll definitely be in hiding after Utds latest pummelling.

Post Edited (Tue 13 Nov 13:17)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net