DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Our strikers
Topic Originator: ParsMad98  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 18:57

I’ll start with El Bakhtaoui - I personally enjoy seeing him play, yes he hasent scored a lot this year but he tries to make things happen, adds that flair up there, if he can add goals to his game then great, he links the play.

Ryan - not a fan if I’m honest, and that miss at the weekend ties it up.

Muirhead - can’t say much not been given the chance

Smith - not cutting it at Arbroath and struggled at Alloa too.

I’d try Louis Longridge up there when he’s back, surely better than 5ft Aidan?

Another mention I’m not sure if anyone will agree but.. surely Robbo could have done better with the Falkirk goal??? Or is it just me? No GK should be beaten at his near post
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Our strikers
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 19:23

'5ft Aidan'? Our only striker called Aidan is Keena who is nearer 6ft than 5ft. Louis Longridge missed a sitter against QOS which could have changed that game.

How does a keeper have a 'near post' from a shot coming from in front of the goal?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 19:28

He’s obviously talking about Aidan Connolly, eck, considering how often Connolly has been played there.

That goal at the weekend, I think Robinson could’ve done more. He made the save look very hard when you see the behind the goal camera angle.

Pars Review: http://www.parsreview.org
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
Pars Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedunfermlineway/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 19:32

I’m the opposite on faz, is reluctant to get the head up to find a pass so he’s not linking the play at all and refuses to pass to Ryan. Typical greedy striker who just wants to hit a shot all the time but the better strikers know when to pass it off and get themselves into the box. Doesn’t suit our punt and hope style and I can imagine he’s fate any better on the heavy pitches.

Keena looked much better and I’m sure we would have got at least a point if he had been able to continue.

Muirhead joins a long list of strikers who come in and take months to get near the starting line up. At this rate we could haves saved a bob and brought him in, in jan.

Hippo, signed as a striker but struggle to look like a fitba player at the moment.

L longridge not physical enough to play upfront, we already have too many players in the team who have no physicality.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 20:01

Not sure if you can blame Robinson. It was hit nearly 35 yards but was a good hit. I would be more concerned about nobody closing him down
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 20:27

Robinson for some reason hasn't been as good as he was last year
And when you talk about 30 yd strikes i would expect him to get them instead of the fancy diving about he does I looked at the highlights several times and really think he should have done better after all it was about all he had to do the whole game
And it was only recently at Greenock he fecked up with a long distance shot
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsMad98  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 22:32

Apologies I forgot to mention Keena, and yeah the defending was unacceptable. Between Martin and Hippo there was no attempt. The strike from Paul Paton should have been the wake up call. As for Ryan, next time we play watch him.. he moans at everyone

RM DAFC
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Sun 11 Nov 22:36

Quote:

wulliepar57, Sun 11 Nov 20:27

Robinson for some reason hasn't been as good as he was last year
And when you talk about 30 yd strikes i would expect him to get them instead of the fancy diving about he does I looked at the highlights several times and really think he should have done better after all it was about all he had to do the whole game
And it was only recently at Greenock he fecked up with a long distance shot

But his attempt looked good for the cameras

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 10:46

Watching the goalkeeping drills before the game Robinson doesn't inspire confidence,with shots slipping through his fingers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 12:28

nevermind looking good for the camera's, everything robinson does is with an eye on putting it in his blog.

He's getting some good content for the 'what not to do' part of his site tho.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 12:31

Our strikers couldn't hit a barn door fae 10 yards.....as Ryan showed us and all of social media on saturday
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: