DAFC.net
Home 03 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 If/when AJ leaves who’s his replacement
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 00:29

For me Jim Goodwin has impressed with little resources at Alloa.
What’s your thoughts folks? It’s obviously important that we get the right man in. Could we maybe take the cheaper option and promote Crawford to interim manager to see out the season or get a new manager in before the next transfer window and at least give him a chance to see what we can get out of this season. Is there money in the pot to bring new players in. A decent striker is a must.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: If/when AJ leaves who’s his replacement
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 00:45

Can we afford to get rid of Allan Johnston, that is the main issue. Sure many up and coming talent would relish the EEP challenge but outgoing team of Johnston & Clark due to contracts would cost big money that simply is not available.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 01:23

Seriously how many is that now. Must be near double figures. Is it newbies posting or just groundhog day.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 07:01

Just discontent among the support, not mutiny as yet. Give it to Xmas if level on points with the chasing bottom 3 teams or overhauled then the s**t will have hit the fan.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 07:05

Seems to be inevitable that he’ll go now...

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 07:40

Quote:

Higgys Mohawk, Mon 12 Nov 07:05

Seems to be inevitable that he’ll go now...

It's not inevitable at all, Higgy. There's no hiding the fact that losing at home to the basement club is a very poor result, but the performance wasn't too bad - we were the far better team in the first hour and should really have been out of sight by then.

Had we been outplayed from start to finish, I think the Board would have had no choice but to act. As it is, I think he'll be given more time.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 08:34

I agree, but to halt the slow trickle of fans exiting, we have to get some results in soon, before the complaints become protests.

If our finances are on such a fine balance, we can not afford more discontent and the fans can give no more support than they did on Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 09:26

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 09:59

Quote:

WORST, Mon 12 Nov 09:26

We performed perfectly well on Saturday, but failed to put our chances away. How is that AJ’s Fault?
The team played well enough to win the game handsomely, but some think it’s the managers fault our strikers couldn’t put any away.
That’s the strikers fault not the managers.

He earns his corn by changing the team by clever use of subs and or formation,Once again it failed.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 10:00

The strikers have missed chances all season, not just on SaturdayJackson Longridge is our top scorer bailed them out at Alloa but he can’t every week.

AJ signed all of these strikers so it is his fault
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 10:01

Quote:

dover par, Mon 12 Nov 09:59

Quote:

WORST, Mon 12 Nov 09:26

We performed perfectly well on Saturday, but failed to put our chances away. How is that AJ’s Fault?
The team played well enough to win the game handsomely, but some think it’s the managers fault our strikers couldn’t put any away.
That’s the strikers fault not the managers.

He earns his corn by changing the team by clever use of subs and or formation,Once again it failed.

It's this in a nutshell. We had dominated for an hour and hadn't scored. The game was turning toward them. A good manager can mix it up to prevent that happening. He didn't.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 10:16

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 10:21

Performing well and not getting results isn’t good enough. Let’s not try and sugar coat s**t.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FergPar  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 10:23

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 10:33

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 11:28

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 11:30

We’re not winning though so AJ isn’t doing his job. He is being paid to win us games not create chances and lose games

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 11:32

Or the recycled horsesh1t we get from the resident experts on dotnet on a regular basis ;)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 11:34

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 11:44

Quote:

FergPar, Mon 12 Nov 11:34

"Or the recycled horsesh1t we get from the resident experts on dotnet on a regular basis ;)"

What's your point?

Its quite obvious..the horse sj1te we read on here is every bit as tedious as the hosesh1te AJ supplies.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Nov 11:44)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 11:50

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 12:00

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 12:03

WORST, this is not a slight on martin but.......

In the QOS game Martin was clearly gubbed after 70 minutes, we could all see their blond haired guy getting close and closer to catching him in possession, 15 minutes later he gets his pocket picked and they score and we lose.

On Saturday martin was gubbed after 60 minutes and dropping deeper and deeper, on 70minutes the Falkirk player gets the freedom of fife to run and shoot while martin didn't have the legs to come out and even try and close him down.

Its one thing making mistakes but to keep making them is criminal.

Playing muirhead on the left wing is tantamount to throwing the towel in. Guessing he wants his payoff.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 12:03

Quote:

WORST, Mon 12 Nov 12:00

Topic Originator: parsloyal98 like | nolike
Date: Mon 12 Nov 11:30

We’re not winning though so AJ isn’t doing his job. He is being paid to win us games not create chances and lose games

———
So your saying it’s AJ’s fault the strikers miss the target?

Root cause: Who recruits the strikers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 12:13

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 12:22

The bird BOY is auld enough tae be yer faither ya cheeky whippersnapper.
You blether as much sh1te as you like. It is tedious though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 12:24

I don't know worse, if you were a relatively small striker living off high punts up to you every week and playing upfront with someone who doesn't pass to you would that make you more confident or less confident?

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 12:26

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 12:44

Aj an co ain't leaving either through choice or being shown the door by our board.....let's see how we cope with the already dwindling crowds, lack of money etc etc etc. Can things get better before they get worse than they already are
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 12:48

AJ is staying. He’s going nowhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 12:56

"Andy Ryan came to us with a spectacular scoring record, now he is missing pure sitters. AJ didn’t make him miss that sitter, yet many feel it’s AJ’s fault that he did. "

AJ did sign him then proceed to give him minimal game time for around 12 months.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 13:04

Same as he did with Gavin Reilly
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 13:06

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 13:14

Then i'd question what scouting was done to sign of £40k (a substantial figure for us) to sign him.

being part time at Air-duh-rie would a trial period playing full time not show that up without need for initial outlay.

Not nitpicking and not blaming AJ however you don't go from a regular scorer to a haddie overnight. You do go from on form and "bouncing" game to game to low on confidence/belief when not played/given a chance/playing in a team of similar low confidence players

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 13:25

For all this talk of us "dominating the game", I assure you not one person around me in my section thought that we'd get back in it when we went 1 down.

Says it all.

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 13:44

Agree with berkey about Martin tiring in games.

Why is that though? Surely he can last 90 minutes by this stage of the season, unless he is carrying injury or illness.

And Muirhead on the wing!! Another one who doesn't look fit either.

Where is AJ getting them?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 14:06

It's good to know Andy Ryan's transfer fee has gone from £100k to £40k over the weekend. Presumably the posters aren't speaking to the same club insider.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 14:07

Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey like | nolike
Date: Mon 12 Nov 13:14

Then i'd question what scouting was done to sign of £40k (a substantial figure for us) to sign him.

being part time at Air-duh-rie would a trial period playing full time not show that up without need for initial outlay.

Airdrie were full time when he was there as were Hamilton when he spent 4 seasons there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 14:08

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 12 Nov 07:40

It's not inevitable at all, Higgy. There's no hiding the fact that losing at home to the basement club is a very poor result, but the performance wasn't too bad - we were the far better team in the first hour and should really have been out of sight by then.

Had we been outplayed from start to finish, I think the Board would have had no choice but to act. As it is, I think he'll be given more time.

I think the general vibe amongst the vast majority of fans, even those who previously backed the manager (including myself) is that he’ll go. If someone came on the forum and read some of the threads then they could easily assume that he’s already been sacked. Just feels to me like there is no way back this time. I think we were unlucky against Falkirk and by far the better team but it was another scoreless defeat at home.

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 14:19

I wouldn’t have said that the goal was coming on Saturday, but certainly there had been a momentum shift about 15 mins prior. They were beginning to get more and more possession in midfield and I thought that a change would have been made.
Vincent on to provide a bit more strength and win some tackles might have stopped the Falkirk “uprising “ ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 14:26

It's not a question of if rather than when. No point in arguing about the Falkirk game, it his his ability, or lack of it, over a long period of time that should and will determine his fate. Ironically, they did play better against Falkirk than they have of late, but this is a results business. And his continued failure to pick the correct team, play the correct formation, make the right substitutions etc does not I think install confidence in the players and their play suffers. We have some good payers who are massively underperforming. But because we have some good players, we will get the odd decent performance or good result. What we will never get is any sort of consistency that will win us a title or promotion. That is why it is time to try someone else. Who that person is, who knows. But we advertise far and wide and see who applies. It is always a gamble changing a manager but staying with what we have is only going to end in disappointment once again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 14:44

Yes I do not deny that the performance was quite good.

The fact is that our next few Home games will be in the winter against teams which are not box office.

If Gates fall markedly it will concentrate the minds of the Board.

The annual accounts confirmed that we are so dependent on the attendances and Centenary Club.

When the day comes,Jim Duffy ticks all the boxes.

There is no point discussing Managers currently in post and on a vastly bigger salary than Dunfermline can pay.

Otherwise we could go for Billy Reid at Swansea City.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 14:48

Firstly we pars supporters deserve more from our team than the way they are performing just now ,I for one do not need to listen to AJ's after match comments !! Who cares what he thinks about the game
I go to most of the games so I am quite able to make my own mind up about where our problems are !!! As much as I do not like to single anyone out and give them stick but we need to forget about Ryan Williamson at right back I have watched him for years and he just does not get any better SOS every week cannot tackle , no positional sense and cannot deliver a good ball in to the forwards . but saying that of late I find it hard to find anyone in our team to put a quality ball in the box that actually sets up our forwards it either hits first man or it flies over peoples heads and lands up at the corner flag , same with corners
our forwards are lightweight but i think they will come good (maybe i'm hoping this) Midfield we only really have one creative person who is martin but he only lasts half a game , wingers are far too inconsistent also and our back four well most of the time Devine , Ashcroft are bombscares they just do not do the simple stuff ( it is called defending ) too happy to lump the ball up the park over everybody and for Robinson he needs competition knows it doesn't matter if he fe**s up he will playing anyway so I do not think i have left any positions out , personnel yes because like AJ i really do not know our best team or system lately i think we have played better and created more chances but our forwards need to lift their heads and have a bit of confidence and swagger once they achieve this we will start to win games
sorry for long Post but for me It wont matter who comes in we still have the same players !! and most of the names banded about here has me laughing
because if they were that good they wouldn't be where they are just now they would have been snapped up a long time ago
we have what we have for now as a Manager so we whether we like it or not we have to get behind him and the team and hopefully they will turn the corner
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 15:13

I hope it's a sharp turn and not a long slow bend, or we could run out of road!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 15:32

Quote:

wulliepar57, Mon 12 Nov 14:48

It wont matter who comes in we still have the same players !!

we have what we have for now as a Manager so we whether we like it or not we have to get behind him and the team and hopefully they will turn the corner

Sorry Wulliepar57 but that just isn't true. You are basically saying that everything is down to the players and the manager is irrelevant. He signed all of them so firstly is accountable for that. Secondly, a good manager can take ordinary players and by organising them, playing them in their best position, making sure they know exactly what their role is, and motivating them, he will get the best out of them and possibly make them look better than they actually are. You have gone through the team and pretty much crucified all parts of it. That said, how many of our players would you swap for say, Alloa's players? But Goodwin has them organised and playing for him, and McKinnon had the same with Falkirk on Saturday, they were not as bad as some on here were saying although we were architects of our own defeat. So I believe a decent manager would get far more out of our players than AJ seems capable of doing.

On the second point, "we have what we have for manager so we have to get behind him and hope he turns the corner" , no we don't. Every corner AJ turns has another corner behind it. It ain't ever going to work with him. Blind hope will achieve nothing. Change at least has a chance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 15:32

"I wouldn’t have said that the goal was coming on Saturday, but certainly there had been a momentum shift about 15 mins prior. They were beginning to get more and more possession in midfield and I thought that a change would have been made. 
Vincent on to provide a bit more strength and win some tackles might have stopped the Falkirk “uprising “ ?:

Agree with that, the lack of any closing down in the midfield was clear as day and it looked like Craigan or Vincent coming on to get a bit more energy in there was an obvious change to make.

"When the day comes,Jim Duffy ticks all the boxes."

Let's see how he gets on at Dumbarton first, eh? I think most Morton fans were happy with the change at the end of the year as he'd gone a bit stale and were prone to late season collapses.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 15:56

Some people have posted that our current midfield is our best for seasons.

I just don't see it personally, but maybe I am missing something.

I wish the Willo Flood nonsense had turned out better for us.
Imo, he would be better than any we have now and could improve things on the field without having to be told from the sidelines, having played higher levels.

Never though I'd say it but I'd even have Geggan back just now.

We have to find a way with what we have.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 17:15

Hi Crosspar good post with your views
regarding getting behind the manager I was thinking the board wont get rid of him just now so what we have is what we have so we have to like it or lump it
your right about the players a good manager would know their best positions and his best team and get the best out of them
I also think players are professionals so dont' need a manager to get the best out of them they know they should be giving all for the shirt
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 20:20

They can be giving all in terms of effort, but that effort needs to be channelled in the right direction. Players who played under Jock Stein used to say that he left them in no doubt exactly what he wanted them to do on the park. I am not sure players under AJ could say that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 21:21

Could any players do the job temporarily? Maybe Crawford and a player coach?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 21:40

Joe has his badges!

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kirky615  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 22:25

Rather than stick to the usual gang of unemployed managers we need to try and look further afield and consider a player manager who can add some quality to our squad. That way we leave Crawford in the dugout and look at bringing in someone to support him that doesn't include sandy Clark who's time is up. There must be players coming to the end of their careers that would be interested in taking on a club like Dunfermline. Something different is what we need and with that comes risk but we can't get any lower than the fans morale currently is
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 22:32

Would be very surprised if an untried manager got the gig. It didn't go well last time did it?
Imagine the outcry on here if we were this far down League 1 again?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 11:40

I remember when I was about 4 years old I got a clockwork train set that went round and round and round and round the same circle over and over again. Didn't matter who put the train on the track, it still went round and round and round.
It entertained me for ages....but I was 4 years old.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 11:52

I would say that a lot of the AJ out posters have never been sacked, or they wouldn't be so flippant about folk being sacked.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 12:02

I'm wondering if some of them have ever been employed.
Certainly little clue about employment law.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 12:09

Having experienced redundancy myself during my working life I must say I'm quite uncomfortable about some of the threads on here speculating about replacements for people who are still in a job. It's not exactly classy but anything goes in the age of social media apparently.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 12:22

It's genuinely incredible the board haven't acted, I thought there was a chance he'd be gone Saturday night but it was positive that he'd definitely be gone by C.o.P Monday, I couldn't see any way how the board could justify keeping him on as manager.

And yet here we are. Absolutely incredible.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 12:40

I totally endorse wee eck's post.

Losing your job is a ghastly experience and we would hate others to go on social media to anonymously demand that we be jettisoned.

That said,what will concentrate the Board's mind will be the attendances, given we are a club almost entirely dependent on the Gate and CC.In the next few weeks the temperature will plummet and clubs, which are not box office, are due.

I do not expect the Board(who are every bit as much fans as we are) taking action yet.Make no mistake though; if this calamity extends into the New Year; they would have little option.

It is sad because AJ is likeable and approachable and all but the two strikers are capable of performing well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 12:59

David Weir - is he not looking for a route into management?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 13:07

If this calamity goes on into new year people will quite rightly look at the two week window without any games where it would have been an ideal time to get a new manager in, assess the squad and see what he'd be able to do in January.

If this goes into new year people will look and wonder what on earth the board were doing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 13:18

Istvan Kozma was coaching in Europe. Him, Crawford and Joe as player/coach would be my dream team.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_Mike  
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 13:36

If Allan Johnston were to leave tomorrow I would look at Alan Archibald. I do not believe he is a poor manager but it just got stale at Partick Thistle.

The Scottish managers not in work does not make for an appealing list at the moment. Outside of Archibald, McCann appears to be the next "best" option.

I think the club are likely lumbered with AJ until the end of his contract unless it is looking dire and relegation is a possibility. The two-year-deal never made sense for achieving the bare minimum over the previous three seasons.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 13:49

It's never nice to see anyone lose their job having been made redundant myself but if it's job security they are after then they are in the wrong line of work. I'm sure the management team are clever enough to realise they are in a privileged position. If it's job security they are looking for then they have the option of getting a 9-5 job like anybody else. I'm sure the majority of fans would thank him for the job he has done and wish him well for the future. If they are any good at what they do then they will find a job elsewhere in football and that is what I would hope for them.I think they are lucky to still be in a job as many a board of directors would have lost patience already.

He'probably got until the end of December to save his job so here's hoping for a big turnaround. The issue with that is even if he does turn it around will he ever have all the fans onside again? To move forward everybody has to be in it together-look at Neilson at Utd.He has united(pardon the pun) the fans and the supporters have come back in their droves.The bi-product of that has been an upturn in results.If feels to me that whatever AJ does now he will only be one result away from a crisis.

I felt the board were right to give him a new deal but we have regressed badly not only in terms of results but in entertainment value and performance levels. There is no doubt that the players have a lot to answer for and have contributed to his downfall but he brought them here and the buck stops with him. We've lost 6 league games already compared to 9 in the whole of last season which means progress is virtually impossible.He may be a nice guy but there is no room for sentiment in business and like it or not that's what football is.

I've lost faith because he still doesn't know his best team, is tactically naive, makes poor substitutions and doesn't strike me as a great talker or motivator.I fail to see enough strengths to counter those deficiencies.

The greatest reason to part ways is he has lost the fans(or vast majority of).We are hemorrhaging supporters.This is our main income stream and will effect our ability to employ others in future.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 13:52

Is Lee Bullen stil assistant manager of Sheffield Wednesday? I have experience of his coaching and he was top notch. If he is still at Sheffield Wednesday we would have little chance of competing wage wise but he would be an interesting appointment if he had ambitions of going on his own.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 13:57

Football employment rules must be different from other work areas.
In outside world, you cannot legally be paid off while your position remains open and another employee gets put in the vacancy.

Not unless you have breached the terms of your contract, or committed a sackable offence. Or in the exceptional situations where a firm goes bust. Then the term would be released, or redundancy. Same difference to those out a job of course.

What is deemed a breach of contract in football can be quite vague as managers are frequently sacked for poor results, then immediately replaced, either from within, or the outside market.with others who fail to improve things.

Who really would want the job of team manager?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 14:02

HArry Kewell sacked at Notts county after 14 games. Shows the industry is very mum like none other in the world when it comes to stability

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 14:08

Not an expert but is the difference not that a manager is never on a permanent contract but one of a fixed term? As long as that contract is paid up then no law is broken.Pure guess work on my part but would make sense.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 14:47

My comment earlier about folk on here not understanding employment law as not in reference to sacking a football manager. That happens all the time and they know their coats are always on shoogly pegs.

Like you say, as long as they are compensated.

I was referring to the many comments regarding dismissal at posters places of work for "Underperforming".

It is not as simple as sacking you just because.
Circumstances would be looked at ie adequate training, reaching achievable targets, resources supplied to do the job properly etc.
File notes would be required indicating negative and positive records of performance (and if there were only negative it could be justified or maybe victimisation is in hand), How have shortcomings been addressed? extra training, mentoring?. Blah blah blah.

Getting the sack is a complex scenario. You wouldn't get the sack as easily as some have suggested.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 14:50

UK employment law applies in football just as it does in any other industry.

The management team will be on individual contracts, the terms of which they (or their legal advisers) will have agreed before signature. Those terms will define what constitutes breach of contract - I would doubt if "losing to Falkirk" or "playing Muirhead on the wing" will be included.

The management team will be set targets, probably for DAFC's end of season position and possibly for other areas of their work. Again, the employment contracts may define the consequences of failing to achieve those targets, or for that matter the bonuses for meeting or exceeding the targets.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc

Post Edited (Tue 13 Nov 15:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 17:41

If the board have decided, which they really should have on Saturday, that AJ has done all he could then he'd be gone Parrot. I do agree that people will not know the full ins and outs and complexity of the arrangement but getting rid of a manager can't be that difficult tbh.

For AJ to turn this around and get the fans back onside he'd need to get us promoted through the playoffs, anything less and you'll always have a proportion not willing to fully invest in him. I'll be up in Dingwall next week but I was really hoping we'd have another man in by then, we could win up in Dingwall and it wouldn't erase how supporters feel about him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 17:47

Don’t waste your time guys it appears they are going nowhere soon.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net