DAFC.net
Home 23 March 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Worst Pars Game?
Topic Originator: FergPar  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 13:22

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Worst Pars Game?
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 13:24

Super Tuesday - Still have nightmares.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 13:34

Almost every game I’ve attended after calderwood left. The boreham wood game was absolutely honking.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRFC_no1  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 13:44

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 13:46

The game up at Perth v Hafnarfjardor. Still furious at that one. It was quite amusing to see Jimmy Neil walking round leading the Pipe Band before kick off but the fun stopped there, once he got huckled by the cops. The only memorable thing after that was the most emotionally charged shout I have every heard at a football match, when Wallsy stood up and shouted "Davie Hay- what have you done to the team I love". It would have brought a tear to a glass eyn.
The next day at work wasn't great either, my Rovers supporting boss was taking part in a fair bit of ribbing, but I was in no mood so told him to "Fv #k Off" which didn't go down too well
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsYob  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 13:50

Losing 3 scud to the wee team at new year. Westy trying to skin Dargo in the first minute and falling over to go 1 down, pretty much set the tone of the game. Owen Coyle sent off after 20 mins, still not sure why.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 14:01

Stirling albion away 3-0 loss under the Irish Mourinho

CIS cup final under leishman, no fight, no passion, no ability.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ReturningParsFan  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 14:16

Fading memory, but courtesy of Parsdatabase I managed to find the date of a game that has always haunted me ... Tuesday 15th April 1980, in the dying days of Harry Melrose's stint as manager ... Hamilton 4 Dunfermline 0. I was so angry I wrote to the Dunfermline Press. Thank goodness big Leish was on his way (though not before Forsyth and Stanton had a go).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Chef  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 14:26

The European game in Perth is the worst for me. Closely followed by the 3-1 home defeat by East Stirling in the 1st round of the Scottish Cup in December 1984. 2 completely different scenarios but both all time lows for the club in my time watching them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAVEDAFC  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 14:42

[Post Deleted] - swearing will not be tolerated on this site as per the rules.
Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 14:57

5-0 against Hamilton Accies. Definitely the lowest I've felt supporting the Pars.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 15:01

Most of the home games in the 2011-12 season. I don’t think I saw them win a game till the end of the season 🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 15:19

Hated the playoff loss to Cowdenbeath in 2014, partly because we had played bigshots in the run in, claiming we'll hammer them when we get them on our quality pitch and how lucky they were to get a draw at Central Park.
Hemming and Stewart showed us otherwise, but also for some reason, Jefferies didn't start Husband or Morris, in such an important game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 15:22

17/4/99- a 6-0 gubbing at home to Kilmarnock. An absolute horror show and a dreadfully poor season. Bert & Dick’s signings that season were utterly abysmal. F**king Edinho??? Huxford, Linegan and Gavin Johnson. Those names still give me the fear.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 15:50

New Year at Kirkcaldy when we lost 0-6.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 17:09

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 14 Nov 15:50

With George Farm their manager
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 17:22

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Wed 14 Nov 15:22

17/4/99- a 6-0 gubbing at home to Kilmarnock. An absolute horror show and a dreadfully poor season. Bert & Dick’s signings that season were utterly abysmal. F**king Edinho??? Huxford, Linegan and Gavin Johnson. Those names still give me the fear.

That was my youngest sons first game and he was in tears by the end.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 17:31

There have been quite a few low points but the worst I've felt was after a 1-3 at home to East Stirlingshire in the first preliminary round of the Scottish Cup, in the early 80s. When I thought back to the teams I watched in the 60s, I wanted to cry.

Quote:

Tenruh, Wed 14 Nov 17:09

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 14 Nov 15:50

With George Farm their manager

He was our manager when we beat them 6-0 in 68 - also on 1st Jan.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 17:35

Dafc 0 v 5 accies

I recall going to a match as a kid in the mid 90s v st johnstone. St johnstone shot towards the cowden end in first half aided by a massive gale.went in one nil up after spnding the half shooting from distance

Second half came around and pars had the wind now..never hit a bloody shot all half and lost one nil.

The semi final v falkirk at hampden

2 v 5 defeat to qos last season

Jobby!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jojo  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 17:48

Around 1993-94 last game at old Broomfield against Airdrie . Win to go up into Premier League and a massive support came over from Fife . Lost 1-0 with the late Neale Cooper scoring OG . Never felt so ***** after a game apart from maybe that Scottish Cup Final when we lost in last few minutes to a poor Celtic . Cup was there for taking that day
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 17:56

Some nightmares in here right enough!!!

- Airdrie Away last game at Brookfield
- the 6-0 drubbing to Pedros Staunch WATP brigade
- league cup final where we just didn’t turn up (actually pick the Hibs OR the Celtic one)
- hafnar*****dur (“home”)
- Cowdenbeath playoff game
- Cowdenbeath 0-2 Jocky Scott era

Few contenders from this season tho!!!! 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 18:12

Horrorshows all but I have a very bad memory of a game at Meadowbank where we lost 4-0. We were lucky it wasn't about 8 as Meadowbank hit woodwork 4 or 5 times and Hamish McAlpine didn't make a single save.
Manager Jocky Scott got the biggest roasting from the Pars fans still in the stand at the end..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 18:15

Vasco- wasn’t that the first Leishman era? 1985/86?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 18:21

I also remember a particularly horrific loss away to Falkirk in the cup , 1997.
Horrible game. Horrible atmosphere. Some of their support were an absolute disgrace that day.

Post Edited (Wed 14 Nov 18:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 18:27

Quote:

jojo, Wed 14 Nov 17:48

Around 1993-94 last game at old Broomfield against Airdrie . Win to go up into Premier League and a massive support came over from Fife . Lost 1-0 with the late Neale Cooper scoring OG . Never felt so ***** after a game apart from maybe that Scottish Cup Final when we lost in last few minutes to a poor Celtic . Cup was there for taking that day

I was there(Airdrie) ... That was a sickener

Post Edited (Wed 14 Nov 18:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 18:29

Maybe I've combined multiple crap performances at Meadowbank?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 18:43

HAFNAFVCKINFORDJOURGIRFUY

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 18:49

That European game at Perth, the worst I have felt in over 40 years following The Pars.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 19:03

A six nil defeat from the wee team on New year's Day. Was raging so much I was almost arrested. Happy new year my bottom .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 19:07

If I recall,alex Wright was the manager that day.Think he resigned on the Monday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 19:09

"With George Farm their manager"

Was he ?

I thought the 0-6 at Starks Park was later than during Farm's second spell as their boss.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 19:09

150 million percent that game at Perth.

Worst traffic beforehand. Missed the build up to my first Pars European tie.

Sh1te game with terrible ending.

Stuck in the car park for an hour.

Disaster

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 19:13

The Jocky Scott game at Meadowbank was probably the one where we were two nil up and lost 3-2.

Lots of bad memories above, Perth being my lowest point but not really the worst game. Plenty of contenders from gubbings, or just not showing up, at semis and finals but the Falkirk one probably clinches it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 19:51

The 5-0 Hamilton game under Kenny was the worst for me. Gutless performance combined with a manager who starts with McManus, Burchill, Crawford and Hamilton all up front for a game against a team top of the league =Disaster.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 20:01

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Wed 14 Nov 19:51

The 5-0 Hamilton game under Kenny was the worst for me. Gutless performance combined with a manager who starts with McManus, Burchill, Crawford and Hamilton all up front for a game against a team top of the league =Disaster.

The thing is i remember not being too shocked that we got humped that night. Hamilton were doing well when we played them. And we were fkn rank.

So for that reason it can't compare to the feeling of disappointment and anger of Perth for me lad.

A complete cowpat of an evening getting put out by a bunch of fishermen.

Post Edited (Wed 14 Nov 20:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRFC_no1  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 20:02

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 20:04

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 14 Nov 20:01

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Wed 14 Nov 19:51

The thing is i remember not being too shocked that we got humped that night. Hamilton were doing well when we played them. And we were fkn rank.

So for that reason it can't compare to the feeling of disappointment and anger of Perth for me lad.

A complete cowpat of an evening getting put out by a bunch of fishermen.

Thankfully I couldn't make that game otherwise that would have won hands down.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Valley Par  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 21:17

1-8 v Celtic
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 22:14

Beat by Cowdenbeath, jocky sacked;worst ever.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 22:37

Quote:

twin par, Wed 14 Nov 22:14

Beat by Cowdenbeath, jocky sacked;worst ever.

Every cloud and all that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars no1  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 22:43

7-1 at tynecastle and hearing lulu after every goal
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 22:47

7-1 at tynecastle. Cowden play off game, absolute lost it at the final whistle. The 2nd leg in Gothenburg, great trip but can rarely remember feeling so dejected leaving a ground.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 22:51

The Harfnafjordur (I think without looking it up that this is a more accurate spelling than the earlier post) game was rock bottom for me. We had Crawford and Brewster up front and Noel Hunt too. One of our players probably earned more than their whole team. No excuse. Never to be forgotten. Utter ignominy.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 23:30

That 1-8 Celtic hammering all the worse because even Lennon got the seventh I think.
Only time I left a game early, unless had need to be somewhere else, and I was walking up path to the cemetery when roar went up for the 8th.
I was in the right place for the way I felt just then lol.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 00:13

Quote:

mach1, Wed 14 Nov 23:30

That 1-8 Celtic hammering all the worse because even Lennon got the seventh I think.
Only time I left a game early, unless had need to be somewhere else, and I was walking up path to the cemetery when roar went up for the 8th.
I was in the right place for the way I felt just then lol.

😁

I remember leaving after the 7th goal getting back to the car & the commentator said Hesselink had scored half Celtics goals......obviously I'd missed another one going in 😁

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 00:35

paralex, Crawford left at end of season 03-04. If memory serves me, Brewster played up top with Hunt. Gary Dempsey scored for us and we all thought we were home and dry. Uh oh.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 01:43

Losing 4 nil to Hibs to get relegated in 2012. Had built up a bit of momentum leading into the game although it was still a bit of an ask to stay up. A bizzare team selection by JJ and 3 down inside 15 minutes.

The Prophet - 12/07/18.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 01:53

Gaah. Had forgotten about that one.

We had a good support over and Easter Road was pretty packed. Great atmosphere but the game was goosed in 15 minutes.
Quite humiliating really.

Was Smith not our goalie then as well?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 07:27

Sad to say but for me there are a quite a number of Pars performances that fall under the OP title, hopefully I should have, if not all then most of the facts & figures correct?
I didn’t start what sadly seems like a never ending list until 2004 as the importance of that game meant we were playing in Europe for the first time in 35 years & would be well up for this challenge.........Well you would have thought!!!

A GOOD PLACE TO START:
Both Home & Away Games v Hauf-in-a-jar in our 2004 European MISadventure (turns out they were primarily known as a gymnastic club FFS)
In particular the 1-2 Return game we had to play in Perth due to us having a plastic pitch which UEFA ruled out as acceptable at that time, happens we went one nil up with 18 minutes to go & “as they would need 2 goals to go through, no gonna happen unless we did something really stupid”........ aye right, “stupid is as stupid does”
DAFC in their inimitable fashion shipped 2 goal 82 & 90 minutes to see us unbelievably walk away as both losers on the night & out of the tournament.
The 1/2 hour car trip back home seemed to take a fortnight!!!.
The game was overseen by the then manager Davie “uninterested” Hay & his goon squad who IMO has been our worst manager since Tam “the bam” Forsyth & “Jokey” Scott (I use the term “manager” loosely, very loosely indeed, but that’s another story for another day)

NEXT EUROPEAN DISSASTER:
Away to Swedish team BK Hacken from Gothenburg in our next European debacle in 2007 (the cities “3rd” rated football team which most of the locals didn’t even know existed, I think they played in either the local IKEA flat pack league!!) I personally could have lynched Jim B*****d Hamilton for kicking the ball away & getting himself sent off for 2 seperate dissent bookings & same game as a 12 yard open goal miss from our current reserve coach Stevie “WTF” Crawford that would have put Pars one up.
BK Hacken’s 1-0 victory on the night put us to the sword following a 1-1 draw @ EEP.
This was the culmination of the players rebellion against our then manager Stephen Kenny, My take on it then (& still is) was that we were employing a bunch of unprofessional professionals on the park who’s self interest in getting SK the bullet far overshaddowed their will to win for the club.
1,000 traveling Pars fans wasted a hell of a lot of money travelling to watch that tripe

AFTER LIQUIDATION:
This one I may have some facts wrong????
2012/13 the 2nd last game of the same season that we entered liquidation, almost the only thing we have entered in the last 5 years that we have actually won I think? :( (was v Plastic Whistle) 1-3 up away from home & the victory would have kept us in that league as 3rd bottom & Partick scored twice in the last 6 minutes (Including 95 minutes!) to make it 3-3 in what was a pointless game for them as they were already league leaders & promoted by a mile with only 2 games to go

SAME DISASTEROUS RUN AS ABOVE:
A draw meant we still needed a positive result v Airdrie in the final game of the season @ EEP (they were already relegated as bottom team by quite a margin BTW, they were a crap team & had nought to play for) & they beat us 1-2 which sucked us into the playoffs

STILL THE SAME ILL FATED RUN AS ABOVE:
First playoff game was v Forfar who were trying to gain promotion from the league below & they beat us 3-1 @ Forfar
Return game they imploded & got 3 players sent off so 11 v 8 players saw us win comfortably
Play off final v Alloa who were also looking to come up from the league below, we lost 3-0 at Alloa (where we were totally outplayed & outclassed with their 2nd goal coming in 45+2 & their 3rd goal in 90+2...... talk about switching off before the whistle)
We won the return @ EEP 1-0 but wasn’t enough to keep us up

2013-14 ONWARDS & DOWNWARDS:
Fast forward a year to end of the 2013-14 season which saw DAFC comfortably achieve 2nd place behind a rampant “Newco Rangers” team (we even managed a 1-1 draw with the *eckers in the final league game of the season to set us up for what most thought would be a comfortable assault on the playoffs as we were brimming full of confidence & promotion to the Championship was a given (or so we thought!)
First playoff games home & Away re the above were put to bed comfortably v Stranraer
A sloppy & nervy performance v Cowdenbeath in the playoff finals saw us come away from their ploughed field with a 1-1 draw (after we scored first) to set up an expected victory & promotion to the current Championship once we saw them off @ EEP
.........Nope not a chance, we were 2 nil down within 5 minutes & for the next 85 minutes we looked like 11 scared rabbits caught in the headlights.
We eventually ran out losers in a 0-3 drubbing & if I were to select a worst ever game, given the performance & importance this fiasco would be my selection

LAST BUT NO MEANS LEAST:
Am I done? Unfortunately not quite yet..........
Fast forward to 10th September 2016 & DAFC create an actual world record by missing 3 of the worst taken penalties over a 23 minute spell in the first half @ EEP against Dundee United in a league game, DU winning the game 1-3
Shocking display that should have seen the return of capital punishment!!!

There have been many more shocking performances in Black & White but I’m starting to cry now so will dig no deeper

All other football teams far & wide will have their own list of forgettable games but as I was compiling my own list it struck me just how many of these terrible performances took place in very important games that The Pars could have/ should have won & would have been happy milestones in the history of DAFC instead of the focus for threads like this one

We are what we are & the above makes depressing reading but I love my club & all its past positive achievements & look forward to those achievements yet to be made although the list of sub standard performances will likely grow at a faster rate

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 10:06

Pars entered and left Administration, DrumRoad. We were not liquidated.

Rangers were liquidated, hence the song "Rangers died and the Pars survived"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 12:11

Experienced many disappointments over the years but the most gut-wrenching for me was the last game of season 71/72 when we lost at home to Dundee United 0-1 and were relegated. A win would have kept us up following our dramatic first ever win at Ibrox 4-3 during the week.

The atmosphere was poisonous as Barry Mitchell on his way to joining Aberdeen didn’t try a leg.
It also marked the end of the glory years of the 60’s.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 12:31

Jojo, Neal Cooper was attracted by the Airdrie thugs before he had the misfortune of scoring an OG. The game should have been abandoned as it subjected to several pitch invasions.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: polski par  
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 13:12

eastend that's the only time at a game that i have felt like crying about a result.
we did everything but score.the ref and the airdrie team did everything to stop us.they were allowed to waste time throughout the game and the ref didn't add on a second at the end as he was intimidated by the crowd that had abandoned the terracing and had gathered against the touchline.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 13:35

The Airdrie fans were also removing seats as "momentoes" that day

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: polski par  
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 13:48

i remember sitting there wallowing in grief as an airdrie fan went past with a bog seat.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ianbd6  
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 13:50

Having only attended games in the late 70s and early 80s and some games sporadically since then sochad to dig deep. The game that sticks out is a game at brockville (sorry I can't remember the date) I think it was a top two clash and I was pretty sure we would beat them as we had been playing well there was a big following from Fife the place was buzzing but for us all smiles evaporated with the referees whistle iirc it ended 5 - 0 it was a long quiet journey back to Dunfermline. Another would be losing 4 - 0 at home to Morton a few years ago I had brought my son up with me and he was absolutely taken aback with the vitriol aimed at john potter. The daft thing is we have probably all watched worse games than we have written about but because the scoreline was not bad you tend to forget them.
Ian
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 17:36

European game at McDermid

There was also a Cowdenbeath game in the early 90s where they pumped us 2-0 at EEP and their 2nd goal was 1-2 with a backheel flick - proper taking the p!ss

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 17:38

There was a 0-5 thumping by Motherwell in the early 90s at EEP as well- I think Stevie Kirk scored a couple that day. Horrendous

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bobopar  
Date:   Fri 16 Nov 19:20

Any game that Doug Considine played in.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: