DAFC.net
Home 23 March 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Good for Potter
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 11:04

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-ross-turning-sunderland-around-13605615

Brilliant for John, looks like an excellent move he made.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Good for Potter
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 16:29

Yeah, really pleased for Potts. He's a good coach and an absolutely brilliant guy. All the younger players he coached were gutted when he left.

In spite of all the dog's abuse he endured during his short, fateful spell as manager, he found it quite a wrench to leave the Pars and had to be convinced by his extended family that it was too good an opportunity to turn down.

I was speaking to John's father-in-law last month and he said Sunderland is an absolutely massive club - on a par with Celtic and Therangers. That was echoed by Jack Ross in the Daily Record interview the OP has linked.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fungi  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 16:52

They're a big club, but sorry they're nowhere near Celtic or Rangers

First there was nothing, then there was...The Big Nat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 17:10

For fan base not in same league as Celtic and Ranger. Always felt sorry for him in his time as manager here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 17:17

Would rather be a part of the Sunderland set up than the OF.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 17:31

Netflix are currently filming them for a second season of ‘Sunderland till I die’; so will be good to see their progress. The first season airs 14th December.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 17:50

Quote:

1981par, Sun 18 Nov 17:10

For fan base not in same league as Celtic and Ranger. Always felt sorry for him in his time as manager here.

It's not just purely about fan base though. It's their a whole set up. They are a massive club. If they played in the Scottish Premiership, they'd be right up there challenging for the title with the two Glasgow clubs.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sun 18 Nov 17:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 18:17

Having spent a couple of days at Sunderland, including watching a match vs Everton, I was left with the impression of a club as big as Rangers or Celtic.
Big modern stadium, lots of local fans despite the area being a bit rundown, great rivalry with Newcastle to rival the Old Firm but with less bigotry.

So definitely, Potter is in a good place.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 08:15

Knew jack Ross and Potts would do a decent job there, they had reached rock bottom and had cleared out but a few of the high earners so perfect time to join the club.

Potts did very well with the youths but I’m yet to see anyone who has come through who is prepared to put thier foot in and mix it. They are all a bit soft and not prepared to be physical.

Do we not make youngsters with an edge anymore? What’s wrong with the odd impetuous challenge to let the opposition know your there and he’s going to get a sore one.

After admin and we had to bring a few in and not one stood up to it. Before anyone says, only just turned 17 year old McCarthy at Hamilton went through us like like a dose of the skits, it’s not down to age it’s mentality.

We’re soft as a club tho, Talbot aside who have we had who is prepared to go through someone when required? Maybe Jackson but no one else in that team is tackling.

Just sitting here drenched in my own positivity! AJ is gone!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 10:28

That’s some effort. To use a thread about Potter and Ross to have another ridiculous dig at our club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 10:39

AJ is reluctant to play our youths. Smith Gill McCann to name a few. Maybe not ready but I don’t think there is one AJ has played other than Smith who was eventually shipped out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 10:46

We're a soft club. I've heard it all now.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: