DAFC.net
Home 23 March 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 England v Croatia
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 11:11

I don't normally go out of my way to watch Ingerlund, but today's game is a must win for both teams over 90 mins and perfectly balanced in that a draw is no good to either side.

I predict an exciting score draw....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: England v Croatia
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 13:28

Actually a draw will see England avoid relegation. Nothing but a win will do for Croatia. I expect England to pick them off on the counter easily.

Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 13:39

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 18 Nov 13:28

Actually a draw will see England avoid relegation. Nothing but a win will do for Croatia. I expect England to pick them off on the counter easily.

I thought it was only a goalless draw which keeps England up.

If it's a score draw England are relegated due to Croatias away goal.

Ofcourse England win they finish top.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 14:03

Oh is the head to head the first tie breaker? Thought it was goal difference, I stand corrected.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 14:17

Nil nil after 15 minutes but England could have already scored a few.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 14:41

Ridiculous that Croatia are playing today after playing Spain on Thursday night .
Fatigue will surely play a part .
Pray that I'm wrong tho and Croatia give the smug gits a doing

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 14:47

England had went to Spain and beat them only three days after going to Croatia and drawing. This England team are only kne creative midfielder away from being absolutely sensational.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 14:51

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 18 Nov 14:47

England had went to Spain and beat them only three days after going to Croatia and drawing. This England team are only kne creative midfielder away from being absolutely sensational.

Aye, they could do with Modric. I think Delph has played some excellent, incisive forward passes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 15:00

The problem for England is that they have rarely produced creative midfielders of the quality of Modric and Rakitic. Even though the latter is missing this evening Croatia still look more comfortable in possession and likely to come up with a killer pass.

For me England are a long way from being sensational. The keeper looks like an accident waiting to happen and while the front three are all dangerous players capable of snatching a winning goal, their styles overlap a bit much. As at the World Cup, England look more dangerous on a quick counter attack but run out of ideas quickly when trying to play through an organised defence.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 15:06

Sensational my a*se . Overrated plodders .
Mon Croatia

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 15:15

Yes! Shambolic defending.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 15:36

1-1 after more shambolic defending.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 15:41

Walker keeps giving way possession
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 15:43

Got to hand it to them. They never know when thier beat

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 15:45

Croatia out in their feet helps .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 15:53

What happens if England qualify through the proper group stages? Do they still go into the playoffs for this or is their berth given to another team that hasn't qualified through the proper qualifiers?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 15:57

Harry Kane only had about two touches in the second half but they both led to goals, maybe the mark of a good striker. Good team spirit probably kept England in the game when they were being outpassed and that belief allowed them to take the game at the end.

The Kramaric goal was a work of art, like watching Van Basten or, dare one say it, Bert Paton at his best.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 15:59

Over the ninety it's hard to argue that England didn't thoroughly deserve it. They now have beaten two top sides and they will be in with a great chance of being crowned Nations League champions next summer. I never like to see England win but I'm going to have to get used to it as it's something they will be doing alot of in the coming years.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 16:20

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 18 Nov 15:59

Over the ninety it's hard to argue that England didn't thoroughly deserve it. They now have beaten two top sides and they will be in with a great chance of being crowned Nations League champions next summer. I never like to see England win but I'm going to have to get used to it as it's something they will be doing alot of in the coming years.

If we're being honest, it would have been a travesty had they lost this game. When Croatia scored, I thought about the two 0-1 defeats the Pars have suffered at Home to QOS and Falkirk.

I'd have taken the 1-1 draw all the same.....😃

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 17:25

"What happens if England qualify through the proper group stages? Do they still go into the playoffs for this or is their berth given to another team that hasn't qualified through the proper qualifiers?"

The four group A winners go on to compete for the Nations League title in a tournament held in Portugal
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 17:31

Quote:

Gone 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 17:50

Quote:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Drug test this man.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 18:18

Face facts guys, they are dominating all age groups and now that is being shown in the senior competitions. Went up against Spain and Croatia and seen them off and looking at it objectively seen them off comprehensively.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 18:55

Quote:

kelty_par, Sun 18 Nov 17:25

"What happens if England qualify through the proper group stages? Do they still go into the playoffs for this or is their berth given to another team that hasn't qualified through the proper qualifiers?"

The four group A winners go on to compete for the Nations League title in a tournament held in Portugal

When you say proper groups are you referring to the actual Euro Qualifiers? England would play in the playoffs of Nations League and play in the qualifiers. If they win the Nations League outright and also qualify through the Qualifiers, the Euro slot goes to the next highest rank team who hasn't qualified yet.

I think anyway!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 19:26

Cheers Kelty/Berry, yes I was meaning the euro qualifiers. I know that you can't obviously qualify twice and thought I'd read that the place in the nations league for teams who had already qulifed would go to the next team in their group. I didn't know that there was an actual finals type tournament for the top group.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 21:21

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 18 Nov 18:18

Face facts guys, they are dominating all age groups and now that is being shown in the senior competitions. Went up against Spain and Croatia and seen them off and looking at it objectively seen them off comprehensively.

😂😂. Wow. Just wow.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 21:23

TOWK is right. They went two rounds with Spain and Croatia and finished top. Semi finals of the World Cup, and have a decent manager. Fair play to them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 21:58

In eight months time England will almost certainly be crowned Nations League champions. They will use that success as a springboard to greater success by winning Euro 2020 (final at Wembley by the way) and only a brave man would get against them going all the way in Qatar. Obviously like all true Scotsmen I will find these triumphs wretched but we are powerless to prevent it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 22:08

Yer trying a wee bit too hard to get a bite now... Novice fishing there😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 23:18

Not an England fan by any means, but fair play to Southgate for getting the best out of his squad, especially for giving younger players a chance.

Let's be honest England are rarely out of the top ten football nations over our lifetimes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Mon 19 Nov 02:39

England are decent.

Still score a lot of goals from set plays need to work on creativity. If only Paul Scholes was playing now hed be the final piece of the puzzle.

No chance theyll win it or the euros nothing to worry about for us scots.

Post Edited (Mon 19 Nov 02:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Mon 19 Nov 06:12

Absolutely fantastic! They’re singing footballs coming home and sky sports are even having a vote on whether Harry Kane is the worlds best! When oh when will they ever learn? Look at Switzerland’s and Holland’s most recent results. You think they think it’s in the bag already? The longer they keep getting carried away with themselves, the longer they will win exactly the same as us. Absolutely nothing. They can get to as many semi finals as they like. It ultimately means nothing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Nov 06:39

''Absolutely fantastic! They’re singing footballs coming home and sky sports are even having a vote on whether Harry Kane is the worlds best! When oh when will they ever learn? Look at Switzerland’s and Holland’s most recent results. You think they think it’s in the bag already? The longer they keep getting carried away with themselves, the longer they will win exactly the same as us. Absolutely nothing. They can get to as many semi finals as they like. It ultimately means nothing.''

A bit of positivity never did any harm, Generalissimo.... :-)

Seriously, as long as the manager and the squad don't buy into all the hype propagated by the media and happily embraced by the more excitable element among their fans, England may eventually win something. We've seen Greece, Denmark and Portugal all win the Euros. Croatia were very unlucky in the last WC final.

Are England not in the same bracket?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Nov 07:54

No.... When push comes to shove, Englandlandshireshire just don't have what it takes... Time and time again (and it could be argued, with better players than they have now)... They get to quarter or semi finals and their bottle crashes.
They just don't have "it"...whatever "it" is 😂
As our resident General says.... They're starting to talk themselves up again... The fall will be mighty.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Nov 08:43

Switzerland, Portugal and possibly Netherlands. None of that trio ntop an England on the kind of form that saw them smash Spain. They'll win the Nations League and I would then make them favourites to win Euro 2020 on home turf.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bertiesback  
Date:   Mon 19 Nov 10:21

[Post Deleted] - Posted in wrong forum.
Politics has no place on the football forum.
Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Nov 14:48

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Mon 19 Nov 08:43

Switzerland, Portugal and possibly Netherlands. None of that trio ntop an England on the kind of form that saw them smash Spain. They'll win the Nations League and I would then make them favourites to win Euro 2020 on home turf.

And the bender continues 🍹🍻
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Nov 17:41

Quote:

Bertiesback, Mon 19 Nov 10:21

[Post Deleted] - Posted in wrong forum.
Politics has no place on the football forum.
Admin

Boo! Hiss! Admin ( think this is the work of the dastardly Widders) you could just have moved Bertie's post to the politics forum. Pretty sure it will have been meant for the Brexit thread, where he's taking on all comers who are suggesting that Brexit is a shambles, cos it isn't, is it?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Nov 17:46

Nope, he was at it...
Awbody knows the rules.
If we didn't have rules... Where would we be???
France probably 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bertiesback  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 11:28

[Post Deleted] - Whinging
Again... There is a forum specifically for political views... I suggest you post there.
Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 11:43

GG. The only way we could move berties post would be to move the whole thread.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: