DAFC.net
Home 12 December 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Vincent
Topic Originator: ParsMad98  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 01:10

thoughts?

Apologies another negative post

IMO and I can’t stress this enough.. last year I liked him but this year he dwells on the ball, never a positive pass always back or side. Was surprised to see him start on Saturday there

RM DAFC
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Vincent
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 07:51

He's a defensive midfield player. His main job will be to win the ball back and play a simple pass to a team mate.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 08:49

I would make him captain.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 10:22

He’s a very poor player. His performance in the playoff up at Tannadice was one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen. A bizarre signing. Fortunately he’s only on loan.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 10:35

Strange. I thought he was excellent up at Tannadice in the play off

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 12:17

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Mon 26 Nov 10:22

He’s a very poor player. His performance in the playoff up at Tannadice was one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen. A bizarre signing. Fortunately he’s only on loan.

Agree with Raymie on this one. Would have been my MOTM that game, if we had Beadling in the side beside him, I reckon we could have won the tie.

Vincent does the simple things well. He isnt a box to box midfielder who will grab plenty of goals a season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 12:36

Interesting that two of our posters who have probably played at the highest level of all dotnutters have such contrasting views on the same performance.
I think I remember Halbeath saying he played Amateurs and I ken Raymie can kick a ba' straight.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 12:42

Looked decent in there when he came in last year because of the midfield he was replacing.

Last game I seen him in which I think was at home to qos he struggled just to control the ball, given he never passes forward and sits very deep he can’t play alongside Martin. He’s another mid table championship player at best, Joe is miles better. He’s lacking height to but pretty much all of them are.

It’s been a disaster for beadling so far, was expecting him to be our main man in there.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 12:51

He transformed our prospects when he came in January with Tom Beadling and James Craigen.

We have a very strong midfield given AJ can also select from Joe Thomson,Malaury Martin and Louis Longridge.

I have seen nothing to change my view about James.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 18:02

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 26 Nov 10:35

Strange. I thought he was excellent up at Tannadice in the play off

Agree with that too, especially in the first half he was everywhere.

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Mon 26 Nov 18:05

If we’re playing 4-4-2 I don’t think we can play both Vincent and Martin. One of those with Thomson or Beadling (if he ever gets fit) should be the pairing. Thomson and Beadling are much more mobile. At present I’d play Thomson and Martin.

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 08:42

Yeah I agree, I am not convinced Vincent and Martin are mobile or attacking enough to play together, probably away against Ross County when we need to be more defensive and play more on the counter I can see why we might use them but generally I'd prefer one with Thomson.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 08:49

At least one of our midfielders has to have some attacking play and Thomson does look up for that.
Ideally though I would like any of them to take on a leadership role and drive the team forward by force of energy and character.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 18:45

Vincent with Thomson for Saturday imo, if its a 3 then get Craigen back in there too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 20:07

Quote:

GJS93, Wed 28 Nov 18:45

Vincent with Thomson for Saturday imo, if its a 3 then get Craigen back in there too.

All of this. Vincent had probably his worst ever game of football against queens that day. He's usually far far better

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: