DAFC.net
Home 12 December 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 AJ Post Match
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 07:40

How come the usual suspects haven't posted a thread complaining about the manager's boring and repetitive post match interview this week?

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Managers_post_Morton&ID=10972

Could it possibly be because it doesn't fit in with their ''AJ out'' agenda?

ETA. Dunno why the link won't work.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sun 02 Dec 07:43)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: AJ Post Match
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 08:05

Now, you're stirring the pot GG.

Naughty naughty.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 08:45

Yawn.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 09:10

Yawn x2.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 09:27

Quote:

par_33, Sun 2 Dec 09:10

Yawn x2.

Considering the effort you guys make to deride the manager and squad when we get a bad result, it is disappointing that the best you can muster after a good result is a monosyliabic retort.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 09:29

''Now, you're stirring the pot GG.

Naughty naughty.''

Who moi?

Well, maybe just a little bit......... ;-)

It's OK though, the posters I was alluding to are either yawning their heads off or posting on other threads that we only won because Morton are crap.

I'll look forward to reading their posts when/if we beat Ayr in our next home game - something not outwith the bounds of possibility, especially if we can get that crucial first goal - the earlier the better, as we saw yesterday and Ayr themselves demonstrated on Friday evening at Tannadice.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 09:31

It was a goon win. Finally something for me to cheer about
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 09:33

"How come the usual suspects haven't posted a thread complaining about the manager's boring and repetitive post match interview this week?"

Perhaps they are bored?????

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 09:35

''It was a goon win. Finally something for me to cheer about. ''

Well said, 1981.... I think? What's a goon win, btw? ;-)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 10:38

It's when Moriarty and Eccles both score lol.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 14:10

Finally a good performance and win, I don’t mind AJ saying the stuff he said yesterday when it’s true, just when he spouts it every time we don’t get a result he can’t accept to take any blame
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 14:41

Folk should take some time to listen to the opposing managers comments too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 14:58

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sun 2 Dec 14:41

I occasionally do and it often sounds like they've watched two completely different games. 😃 I suppose it's understandable that they tend to talk up their own teams.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 15:03

Wow we beat Morton at home, when’s the open
top bus parade?

The Prophet - 12/07/18.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 15:08

Quote:

AB Loyal, Sun 2 Dec 15:03

top bus parade?

Take two tablets and have a wee lie down, son. 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 15:39

The happy brigade are clearly loving it on here just now...it won’t last🤫

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 15:40

You can only beat what is in front of you and that is what we did.

The yawn posts only prove how right GG is.

I genuinely feel that some supporters are gutted we took the 3 points as it keeps AJ in a job for another week.

However, he should have made the subs a lot earlier!

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 15:53

Topic Originator: GG Riva like | nolike
Date: Sun 2 Dec 14:58

Quote:

I occasionally do and it often sounds like they've watched two completely different games. 😃 I suppose it's understandable that they tend to talk up their own teams.

Quite the opposite, there are some refreshing managers in this league who are honest and not monotonous, yesterdays interview with Johansson is one example.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 16:14

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sun 2 Dec 15:53

Topic Originator: GG Riva like | nolike
Date: Sun 2 Dec 14:58

Quote:

Quite the opposite, there are some refreshing managers in this league who are honest and not monotonous, yesterdays interview with Johansson is one example.

True Westie. Some call it very honestly. I didn't hear Johansson's interview and opponents who beat us are hardly going to have managers who give controversial interviews.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 16:29

John Robertson always gives a good assessment of games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 17:32

Quote:

Sierra Nevada, Sun 02 Dec 16:29

John Robertson always gives a good assessment of games.

He lost too Falkirk so needs to be sacked ASAP though
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 17:48

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 2 Dec 15:08

Quote:

AB Loyal, Sun 2 Dec 15:03

top bus parade?

Take two tablets and have a wee lie down, son. 😉

Why stop at 2.
Have a bottle and sleep til May.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 17:51

Quote:

dover par, Sun 02 Dec 15:39

The happy brigade are clearly loving it on here just now...it won’t last🤫

Prize for stating the obvious taken by dover par. We’re Dunfermline Athletic, not Barcelona!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_90  
Date:   Sun 2 Dec 18:29

No pleasing some folk, can't you just enjoy the result.
We're you at the game ?Bandy wrote:

>
Quote:

dover par, Sun 02 Dec 15:39
>
> The happy brigade are clearly loving it on here just now...it
> won’t last🤫

>
> Prize for stating the obvious taken by dover par. We’re
> Dunfermline Athletic, not Barcelona!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FergPar  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 10:03

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 10:07

Quote:

FergPar, Mon 3 Dec 10:03

One win against Morton counts for nothing unless a run is put together. If we fail to beat Thistle at Firhill on Saturday it'll be back to square one.

Dinnae get too happy now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 10:34

You can still support the team and be critical. Far to many polarised views on this board.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FergPar  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 11:03

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 11:28

5 seconds i lasted....

"NAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW....delighted to get the result"

why start every sentence with a negative

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 11:39

I can't understand why our chances of reaching the play-offs should be dismissed at this stage of the season. Despite our inconsistent form we're only 4 points behind ICT in fourth place. They seem to have trouble winning games. From what I've seen this season we're capable of overtaking QoS and Morton and our bigger squad should become an advantage as the season progresses. We could make 4th place without beating any of the top three but I think we're good enough to get the odd result against them.

On Saturday we created chances and managed to score an early goal which probably upset Morton's game plan and opened the game up a bit compared to earlier games at EEP against QoS and Falkirk. I would be more concerned if we weren't creating chances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 16:48

Quote:

FergPar, Mon 03 Dec 10:03

One win against Morton counts for nothing unless a run is put together. If we fail to beat Thistle at Firhill on Saturday it'll be back to square one.

I agree that we finally need to put a run together and now would be a good time to do it as 4 out of the next 5 are against teams round about us. The players talk about it every time we get a win but a this unbeaten run never materialises. Keeping Keena fit is key I think, he will be our top scorer if he plays the majority of the games. If only THAT chance against Falkirk had fallen to him...

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 16:57

Reaching the playoffs is of course still possible but too many people think that is success. Success to me is winning the league and we are already out of that race at less than halfway through the season. The whole point of the playoffs is to give you a chance at promotion but as we found out last season, it is a difficult route to take. That's why you have to try to win this league. That's why so many fans are disallusioned with AJ, because we are out of that race already. That is criminal given the players he has at his disposal.

We will win games as we did at the weekend but, in my opinion, AJ is not capable of putting together a team that can perform consistently enough to win us this league. Even though we played much better on Saturday and won 3-0, AJ once again demonstrated his ineptitude in the second half when Morton changed things about and were enjoying a lot of possession, even though they failed to capitalise on it, and we should have countered this with substitutions and tactical changes and he did nothing. This time, he emerged unscathed, but a better team may have exploited us. And that is why I believe that ultimately, he must and will go.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 16:58

Hopefully we can now put a run together on the back of the Morton game.It won’t be easy,but as Eck says we are not far of a play off spot even with the disastrous season we have had so far.
Crosspar for me nails it,long term I also think we have to change management to see any real success.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."

Post Edited (Mon 03 Dec 17:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 16:59

There were still some concerns from Saturday if I'm being honest, I thought we were by an absolute distance the better team in the first half, there was a great period where everytime we broke forward it was at pace and it looked like we could score, we only got two goals (only) but if it had been four I don't think Morton could have complained, great stuff.

We started the second half well, another good chance through Keena. But then when Morton subbed on Telfer and changed their shape I thought we had a half hour where they were definitely on top, I appreciate they had one shot during that time, some great defending and some absolutely atrocious decision making from Morton made sure that they never scored.

One of my big bug bears about AJ though is that he's horrendously slow to react when a game changes infront of him. We're up by two, no need to have Faissal and Keena on when our midfield is getting overrun. The same happened against Falkirk and they scored a goal out of nothing, but you could see for half an hour beforehand that our midfield was struggling.

A great result, a 3-0 victory always is, I've still got the same doubts that I had before the game though.

Post Edited (Mon 03 Dec 17:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 17:16

Quote:

CrossPar, Mon 3 Dec 16:57

Reaching the playoffs is of course still possible but too many people think that is success. Success to me is winning the league and we are already out of that race at less than halfway through the season. The whole point of the playoffs is to give you a chance at promotion but as we found out last season, it is a difficult route to take. That's why you have to try to win this league. That's why so many fans are disallusioned with AJ, because we are out of that race already. That is criminal given the players he has at his disposal.

We will win games as we did at the weekend but, in my opinion, AJ is not capable of putting together a team that can perform consistently enough to win us this league. Even though we played much better on Saturday and won 3-0, AJ once again demonstrated his ineptitude in the second half when Morton changed things about and were enjoying a lot of possession, even though they failed to capitalise on it, and we should have countered this with substitutions and tactical changes and he did nothing. This time, he emerged unscathed, but a better team may have exploited us. And that is why I believe that ultimately, he must and will go.

It's virtually impossible to keep putting a winning team out. Injuries dictate and it takes time to gel a different team. Not rocket science.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 19:01

I can imagine the reaction on here if AJ had replaced Faiss or Keena with a midfielder when we were 2-0 up on Saturday. I thought we were quite happy to let Morton have the ball in the second half, dig in and hit them on the break. It worked.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 19:11

A happy reaction that AJ seems to be learning from previous mistakes?

Our third goal came after we'd taken off Keena for a midfielder BTW.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 19:19

Keena was knackered by then.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 19:25

I didn’t think there was a desperate need to make subs early on Saturday. I thought we were reasonably comfortable, even with Morton having more possession

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 19:56

Quote:

CrossPar, Mon 03 Dec 16:57

This season, our league had two teams coming down from Premiership with parachute payments and two other strong teams - DUFC and ICT. Even without Ayr’s surprise performance, winning the league was always going to be very difficult and expectations should have been reduced accordingly.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 20:05

Crosspar nails it.

Success is not getting 4th spot. Success is winning the league or at least making some attempt of challenging. We are nowhere near the top 3. Long season to go but 4th is not acceptable for the majority of Pars fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 21:10

Quote:

1981par, Mon 03 Dec 20:05

Crosspar nails it.

Success is not getting 4th spot. Success is winning the league or at least making some attempt of challenging. We are nowhere near the top 3. Long season to go but 4th is not acceptable for the majority of Pars fans.

Were 9 points from 3rd.....certainly doable with our next 4-5 games....IF we go on a run
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 4 Dec 08:54

"I didn’t think there was a desperate need to make subs early on Saturday. I thought we were reasonably comfortable, even with Morton having more possession"

I thought so as well, altho I'd have may be brought the subs on 5 mins earlier as there was a good few tired legs. I thought second half we managed the game quite well, sat in, let them have the ball and we looked dangerous on the break.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 4 Dec 09:34

I dont get this bed wetting at finishing 4th. stumble over the line being inconsistent this season then put a run of 6 games together against 2 teams who finish better than us and a team from a higher division. Is that really progress from last season?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Dec 09:46

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Tue 4 Dec 09:34

I dont get this bed wetting at finishing 4th. stumble over the line being inconsistent this season then put a run of 6 games together against 2 teams who finish better than us and a team from a higher division. Is that really progress from last season?

Hardly bedwetting. Disappointing to an extent. I thought we had a decent chance this year despite RC being in the mix. UTD strengthening, ICT very decent with a good manager. I could see Partick would not be in the mix.
We lost some key players too so maybe numerically it wouldn't be progress but it is a bannana skin year. If we can keep improving and clinch 4th I recon we are in with as much a chance as any others

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 4 Dec 10:48

Get a settled team with the squad we have and we will take off and the least we will get is 4th. From then on in , anything can happen. HAVE FAITH in the boys we have.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Tue 4 Dec 10:50

How many consecutive wins in the league have we had this season ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Dec 11:23

''How many consecutive wins in the league have we had this season ?''

Two - but why should the past determine the future? Last season our best run of wins was four but that didn't happen until March/April.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 4 Dec 12:34

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Tue 4 Dec 09:34

It's because if promotion is a target you can still achieve that by finishing fourth. You could lose the title on goal difference but if 4th wins the playoffs and goes up, who has had the more successful season.

I might have Pars tinted glasses on but I actually thought we were a touch unlucky against United over the two legs last year. If we had managed to win that, our record against Livi was solid last season but that's all ifs and buts and we're going again this year. If we get 4th and go up we've had an extremely successful year. If we get 4th and don't then the board need to assess the season as a whole and decide whether AJ has any mitigating factors in his defence or if replacing the manager would be the best option.

Post Edited (Tue 04 Dec 12:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Dec 17:59

"If we get 4th and go up we've had an extremely successful year. If we get 4th and don't then the board need to assess the season as a whole and decide whether AJ has any mitigating factors in his defence or if replacing the manager would be the best option."

Bang on the money for me.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Dec 18:12

Quote:

Grant, Tue 4 Dec 17:59

"If we get 4th and go up we've had an extremely successful year. If we get 4th and don't then the board need to assess the season as a whole and decide whether AJ has any mitigating factors in his defence or if replacing the manager would be the best option."

Lpf is nearly always "bang on the money", Grant. He analyses things in a logical, detached manner, without letting emotions get in the way....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Dec 20:03

Sounds just like me, must be a good guy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Tue 4 Dec 21:25

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 04 Dec 18:12

Quote:

Grant, Tue 4 Dec 17:59

Lpf is nearly always "bang on the money", Grant. He analyses things in a logical, detached manner, without letting emotions get in the way....

I’m the same.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 4 Dec 22:02

Aw thanks guys. Post enough shecht over the years and I finally got a couple of posts right 😉
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: