DAFC.net
Home 22 January 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Cardle Signs....
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Fri 4 Jan 10:33

For Partick Thistle
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Cardle Signs....
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 4 Jan 11:23

Meh.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Fri 4 Jan 16:23

Have to admit, I don't understand why he was let go - was always top notch on his fitness levels because of his training with his brother. AJ though aint exactly known for being a good man manager.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Jan 17:02

Quote:

hurricane_jimmy, Fri 4 Jan 16:23

Have to admit, I don't understand why he was let go - was always top notch on his fitness levels because of his training with his brother. AJ though aint exactly known for being a good man manager.

And yet he's not exactly known as being a bad one either...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 4 Jan 17:36

A sad day for Dunfermline Athletic FC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Scrimmers249  
Date:   Fri 4 Jan 17:42

Yawn yawn yawn
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Jan 18:55

Quote:

Sliema Par, Fri 4 Jan 17:36

Really?
That's very dramatic.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 4 Jan 20:19

I know that Joe struggled to get into the team when Aird took his chance. Unfortunately we don't seem to have replaced either of them. Personally I think that when we won easily last week it was because the Falkirk manager wasn't worried about the score because it gave him a chance to get his chairman to splash the cash. Tomorrow if our tactic is to kick high balls to our front we will get beat. Alloa are no mugs they have just come of the back of two victories. Perhaps Connoly will play and prove my tactics wrong or instead of playing Williamson behind Craigan he will play him in front of Craigan.
Perhaps we will win tomorrow however I just wish that AJ signs a winger to feed our forwards

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Jan 20:24

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Fri 4 Jan 20:19

I know that Joe struggled to get into the team when Aird took his chance. Unfortunately we don't seem to have replaced either of them. Personally I think that when we won easily last week it was because the Falkirk manager wasn't worried about the score because it gave him a chance to get his chairman to splash the cash. Tomorrow if our tactic is to kick high balls to our front we will get beat. Alloa are no mugs they have just come of the back of two victories. Perhaps Connoly will play and prove my tactics wrong or instead of playing Williamson behind Craigan he will play him in front of Craigan.
Perhaps we will win tomorrow however I just wish that AJ signs a winger to feed our forwards

Funnily enough I wouldn't mind if Williamson was given a chance on the wing.
My football knowledge is questionable mind.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Skerla  
Date:   Fri 4 Jan 21:27

“Quote:

Really?
That's very dramatic”

The wsy Sliema talks about Cardle you’d think he was better than Messi.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Fri 4 Jan 21:53

I’d have certainly kept Joe on . It wasn’t to be however. Hopefully he does well at Partick. Cardle will receive a very positive reception when he plays at EEP that’s for sure.

Post Edited (Fri 04 Jan 21:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 00:42

Quote:

Rastapari, Fri 4 Jan 20:24

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Fri 4 Jan 20:19

Funnily enough I wouldn't mind if Williamson was given a chance on the wing.
My football knowledge is questionable mind.

Rasta, I've often mused about Williamson getting a winger role, though I admittedly know hee-haw about fitba also (other than as a consumer and dubious 5's player).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 01:54

Wouldn't work, Williamson strength is is building up a head of steam from deep, it's not very often that attacking full backs work as wingers, just not how football works.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 06:44

Away and bile yer heid, Grant. Absolute simplistic nonsense. Did you not know that Gareth Bale, one of the best wingers in the world, was an established left back at Spurs until he was tried out of the wing?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 08:36

I think what Grant means is that it is more difficult to play when your starting position is further forward.
As a full back, all of the play will be in front but if you are playing as a winger or a high wing back, then often you will be receiving the ball with your back to the play. Not the same and not as easy

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 09:35

Andy Robertson is a good example of a fullback that made a terrible midfielder.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 10:21

OzPar, while Bale did start off at left back, he wasn't a great one. He certainly never got forward as much from deeper positions and there were always doubts as to his best position. Spurs fans used to cringe when his name was read out over the tannoy as they always seemed to lose when he played. They actually went 24 games in a row without a win when he played left back. After a few injuries, Redknapp moved him further forward and his role in the game at San Siro when he scored a hat trick cemented his place as a winger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 10:31

Williamson would be poor as a winger, he can't cross from deep and although he gets to the byline quite often his cross normally hits the first defender(maybe he he takes lessons from our corner takers?) and his shots are powderpuff.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 10:48

Indeed, that is true, kelty. And today we hear the same complaints from Pars fans about Ryan Williamson.

The trouble is, Ryan is not getting a chance to show if he can be a winger or not. Clearly, the Scottish team management thinks he has got it in him. And he seems to have done okay there. I would bet that any club that came in to buy him would utilise him there too.

He is not a great defender, but he is at times very useful running forward and supplying telling crosses from near the goal line. I just think that it is such a waste having him running the full length of the pitch for 90 minutes - being an adventurous attacker at one end and a susceptible defender at the other - when we have a ready-made and effective right back in Craigen.

Indeed, given our obvious current weakness on the left wing, I personally wouldn't be averse to also moving Jackson Longridge up to the left wing and slotting Lewis Martin in at left back. That might offer us a more balanced and potent threat from the flanks.

I know this could be accommodated in a 3-5-2 formation, but I am not sure AJ will go that way again given the 3 at the back didn't work too well earlier in the season. I am thinking more of him playing a conventional back four in a flat 442 or in a variation of 442, perhaps along the lines of the diamond.

I would love to see him try it out anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 11:25

Quote:

Really??? You need to get the house more. Unhealthy mancrush you've got there.

Awight Pat!

Post Edited (Sat 05 Jan 11:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 23:30

If you had brought JoJo on today at 70 mins we wouldn't have drawn that is for sure!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: