DAFC.net
Home 21 March 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Time for the board to act..
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:04

...are we happy avoiding relegation? Or are we aiming for the playoffs?

If the playoffs are our aim, then AJ needs to go now. That'll give a new gaffer a chance to change things in January.

We'll avoid relegation with AJ. That's it. If we have another ambitions, we need to act now. If not, enjoy those crowds reducing week on week.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Time for the board to act..
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:19

We won’t stay up with him in charge. Falkirk and partick will pick up, look at today. Thistles point will look good next week when we get papped next Saturday, AJ has got to go ffs I seen this coming after the Falkirk home game it’s embarrassing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hamepages  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:23

The frustrating thing is that there is still ample opportunity to make the offs as, with the exception of a Ross County, there isn’t a stand out team in the league now that Ayr seem to have gone off the boil. But now is clearly the time to act to allow a new man to clear the deadwood and bring in a couple of new faces. That said, I am not holding my breath.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:41

The board are also judged on their decisions, the club is going backwards. Time for strong leadership or get someone who can make the difficult decisions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:45

Quote:

Par, Sat 5 Jan 17:41

The board are also judged on their decisions, the club is going backwards. Time for strong leadership or get someone who can make the difficult decisions.

Any suggestions?
Difficult decisions come with difficult finances too often.
Not defending AJ or the board, just saying.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:57

It is a balancing act financially, but keeping the current manager will costs also league position payments, loss of crowd, less season tickets next year and loss of lucrative playoff games. The BoD are there to make these decisions, and be judged on these.The saving The Pars fase is over now we should be in the progressing The Pars fase.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:57

Way too late now, a new manager needs to assess what he's got and then act in the next window.
The board are failing badly, the 2 year deal was a mistake, the statement brought unnecessary negative publicity and now they refuse to remove a manager where the vast majority of clubs given our efforts would have done so a while ago.
They have divided and the continuing stubbornness will only serve to empty seats. The ability to have everyone supporting the same cause can only come with a new manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:58

[Post Deleted] - Swearing will not be tolerated on this site as per the rules
Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:59

"We won’t stay up with him in charge"

agreed.

wont quote all of Westie's post but its pretty spot on.

Post Edited (Sat 05 Jan 18:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:04

More chance of them releasing a statement about the fans signing ‘AJ get to ****’. He has feelings too, you know!

Post Edited (Sat 05 Jan 18:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:04

Falkirk winning away at Ayr, Partick sounding the better side v Dundee utd and our atrocious home form tells me we should still be looking down the table rather than up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:06

After the end of this month, we've 4 out of 5 games at home. Act now or face losing a lot of money and the chance to pick up valuable points.

The Prophet - 12/07/18.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:08

Quote:

RossF, Sat 05 Jan 18:04

More chance of them releasing a statement about the fans signing ‘AJ get to ****’. He has feeling too, you know!

The thing is, there is genuinely more chance of Mr Mcarthur releasing a statement asking us to get off the managers back, than there is of the chairman actually getting rid of him. Scary.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:17

[Post Deleted] - Swearing will not be tolerated on this site as per the rules.
Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McNaughton Scores!  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:38

I'm a conservative fan who has seen lots of ups and down over the last forty-odd years so don't get too over excited. Today's second half capitulation, with the manager doing nothing other than a somewhat bizarre change of fullback has got me to the point where I now want so see an immediate change of manager.

As somebody else has said, put any available budget towards the payoff. It'll do us more good than bringing in a couple of additional players. My genuine opinion is that our current squad is good enough to be doing much better so am happy to forgo any signings for a new management team.

When the sweetie paper rustlers like me have turned on the manager it's definitely time up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:45

His interview was laughable today as well. Alloa more than deserved the draw. We were impressive in the first half but shockingly bad in the second. Johnson felt we dominated. He must be the only one who thought that (and the only one who felt we didn’t need to make a sub!)

Post Edited (Sat 05 Jan 18:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:53

Quote:

RossF, Sat 5 Jan 18:45

His interview was laughable today as well. Alloa more than deserved the draw. We were impressive in the first half but shockingly bad in the second. Johnson felt we dominated. He must be the only one who thought that (and the only one who felt we didn’t need to make a sub)!

Have to agree, AJ is a tactical coward, prepared to tread mud in the hope of limping over the finish line. To win or progress at near anything at life you have to take risks sometimes, take the bull by the horns and change what is unfolding in front of you, his reluctance to do so during games is weak and disrespectful to the signings he's made and named on the bench, they can't possibly respect him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:57

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 5 Jan 18:53

Quote:

RossF, Sat 5 Jan 18:45

His interview was laughable today as well. Alloa more than deserved the draw. We were impressive in the first half but shockingly bad in the second. Johnson felt we dominated. He must be the only one who thought that (and the only one who felt we didn’t need to make a sub)!

Have to agree, AJ is a tactical coward, prepared to tread mud in the hope of limping over the finish line. To win or progress at near anything at life you have to take risks sometimes, take the bull by the horns and change what is unfolding in front of you, his reluctance to do so during games is weak and disrespectful to the signings he's made and named on the bench, they can't possibly respect him.

I know from the girlfriend of a former player, that he carries little respect in the dressing room. They laugh at his attempts to be everyone's pal, and down wit' da kidz.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:59

I think to be fair to the BoD, a two year deal wasn't that bad a decision at the time, we had a poor run back then but turned it around and made the playoffs and we absolutely battered Dundee Utd for most of the fixture, especially at Tannadice.

If we'd gotten through that who knows what would have happened.

Some of the play was the best I'd seen in a long time. Players were enjoying their football. Whilst we missed out there was optimism about the next season. We secured AJ deal when we were on a high and to get him for two years was to provide the stability we as a club in general were craving for.

When it was announced I don't recall ever complaining at the time about it.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, it's proven down the line that it wasn't the right move, but it wasn't made under bad intentions.

So the two year deal for me wasn't an issue. My problem is that the BoD have not really acknowledged how poor we've been this season and acted promptly to try and resolve the situation. AJ's time had lapsed months ago and we should have embedded a new manager now who would have the opportunity to do something in the January window. It all seems that AJ will get this transfer window as well to try and rectify which could work but imagine the reaction if it backfires.....

I would be absolutely astonished if the Board have offered a two year contract to AJ without taking into consideration a scenario, a scenario in this day and age which is likely to happen more often than not, where things go south and we need a change in direction.

On that basis, I think we've got the finances to cover an early exit and This is just the BoD unwillingness to make the difficult but correct decision.

Post Edited (Sat 05 Jan 19:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:08

"with the manager doing nothing other than a somewhat bizarre change of fullback has got me to the point where I now want so see an immediate change of manager"

Craigen was injured and he did change the shape not long after that but didn't react after that.

"When it was announced I don't recall ever complaining at the time about it"

presume you mean others in general complaining? there was more surprise at it being 2 years than perhaps complaining but on both counts more than support of it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cmonpar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:12

He had to make subs today, even to disrupt Alloa coming into the game. Craigen coming off was baffling unless injured. We are not good enough to hold out against teams. His lack of game changing subs will be his undoing. We are in for a very tense end of the season. I also am a fairly quiet supporter in the stands but tonight I have lost my voice. Time to go AJ.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:16

I've said this before. If we go down he will get us promoted next season. The only way that we could improve this season is by getting rid of the players that AJ has brought in, getting a new manager and getting in better players. Several clubs have already done this and it seems to be working. As the board will not get rid of AJ and indeed the chairman might come out fully endorsing his man I worry about the rest of this season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:17

There’s absolutely no chance if we went down he’d remain in charge ^^

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: viking_par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:18

As much as I agree to most comments on this board, I'm no being funny but who would we bring in as replacement?? There is next to no one available and my first choice would of been Ian McCall, but somehow can't see him joining us!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:18

Been to all the home games this season and I would say that is the most we have dominated a team in the first half with the pressing tactics that we used to do in the first division. After losing a bad goal early second we totally lost our grip on the game,but you have to give Alloa great credit for their second half display. I am a bit jealous of their manager. I have no idea where we go from here, but not really expecting anything but just hope to avoid relegation, with or without AJ.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:22

Quote:

Berry, Sat 5 Jan 18:59

I think to be fair to the BoD, a two year deal wasn't that bad a decision at the time,

Wrong. Stopped reading there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:27

Plenty options out there just because there’s not a “big” name doesn’t mean there’s nobody. Look at Gary Holt at Livi. Doubt many would’ve even suggested him for us had he still been without a job but he’s done well since taking over despite being away from management for 4 years.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:29

Quote:

DBA, Sat 5 Jan 19:22

Quote:

I think to be fair to the BoD, a two year deal wasn't that bad a decision at the time,

Good effort mate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:32

BOD need to act but suspect they won't. Not sure they have the football experience to know what to do. All has gone pretty much according to plan until now and they don't know what to do.
Still in with a chance of the play offs but with our squad we should be in the top 4 at the moment, teams below strengthening which could have us in the bottom 2 at the end of the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 20:01

Even IF we made the playoffs we wouldn’t do anything, total shambles at the moment.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 20:21

I can’t believe how he’s still in a job. Any other club in this division would have got rid a long time ago. The whole club is an embarrassment at the moment.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 20:42

The board are businessmen. Time for the board to act in relation to something that will potentially affect the P+L and future profitability in a big way.

Admin.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 20:57

Well I have started voting with my feet and won’t be back at EEP until AJ is gone.

I will go to Rovers away game . Can’t take anymore *****.

After that garbage today.... Nope no more for me....

Call me what you want.....not a true fan etc.....I don’t give a Falkirk...I have been a true fan for more years than I care to remember and have dug deep when the club needed it.

My turn now....better things to spend my money on.

Get rid of that clown and his fat assistant now....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:16

Quote:

Quote:

No you didn't
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:25

I haven't been enjoying the football at all recently. The standard is very poor, the manager is inept. He can't motivate the players and he doesn't have any passion about him that motivates me to go along anymore, so I think that'll be my last game until a decent manager comes in. It used to be the case I would be raging after a display like that but I've now just come to accept it. I spent the best part of fifty quid today taking my other half and I've decided in future, I'll do something I enjoy with the money on a Saturday afternoon, until the board of directors do what they should have done months ago and sack AJ.
Took my other half for her first game in about 10 years and although she isn't much of a football fan, she couldn't believe the difference from what she had been used to- she was surprised at how low the crowd was, the lack of any atmosphere (she bemoaned the lack of singing, and was disappointed the lads with the drum have given up), she thought the standard of football was shocking, remarked that some players couldn't trap the ball, or pass it ten yards, and as the game wore on spotted their lack of any pace, fitness or urgency. For someone with no real interest in football even she could see in the second half there were problems- asking why don't they make changes, and saying that Alloa were going to win it. If she can see this, why can't Johnston?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:38

Quote:

red-star-par, Sat 5 Jan 21:25

I haven't been enjoying the football at all recently. The standard is very poor, the manager is inept. He can't motivate the players and he doesn't have any passion about him that motivates me to go along anymore, so I think that'll be my last game until a decent manager comes in. It used to be the case I would be raging after a display like that but I've now just come to accept it. I spent the best part of fifty quid today taking my other half and I've decided in future, I'll do something I enjoy with the money on a Saturday afternoon, until the board of directors do what they should have done months ago and sack AJ.
Took my other half for her first game in about 10 years and although she isn't much of a football fan, she couldn't believe the difference from what she had been used to- she was surprised at how low the crowd was, the lack of any atmosphere (she bemoaned the lack of singing, and was disappointed the lads with the drum have given up), she thought the standard of football was shocking, remarked that some players couldn't trap the ball, or pass it ten yards, and as the game wore on spotted their lack of any pace, fitness or urgency. For someone with no real interest in football even she could see in the second half there were problems- asking why don't they make changes, and saying that Alloa were going to win it. If she can see this, why can't Johnston?

She sounds like a right gurn......😉

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:39

😂😂😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jwd1103  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:41

Well said Red Star Par and you've put up with it a lot longer than I did. I went home & away from the days we were 3rd bottom of the old 2nd division with crowds of 200, just before Leish took over until the Stephen Kenny debacle. I took a few weeks off which resulted in never coming back. From never wanting to miss a game to not wanting to come back was surprisingly easy. Factor into this my complete and utter disregard for the governance of the game in Scotland...wwe is fixed but I know that when I pay for my ticket...but that's my impression of scottish football now. Only 1 team matter & it's not Celtic. Only 1 (ok 4) fixtures matter & that's Celtic v Sevco. SFA & SPL (now SPFL) sold their soul to the devil when they signed the 5 way agreement to allow Sevco to participate in scottish football. Dave King now holds this as a smoking gun to the heads of the SFA/SPFL.

I've seen the Pars in Cup Finals , the fantastic football under Bert, the financially doped (as we found out to our cost) but wonderful ride under Jimmy C - strange how despite Masterton being involved with both us & Rangers - both clubs suffred different insolvency events (initially at least - Rangers were still trying to sign player when we had all our high earners terminated..and you may ask why I dispute the intergrety of the SFA ?)
Sorry for the dissertation - the Pars are ;and always will be ; my team but I cannot morally support any funding whatsoever going to the SFA/SPFL - so sorry Pars..and Scotland but I ain't coming back..you'll live without me
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:42

Ohh, she is! But at least today it was justified
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:43

2 shots on target at home. Alloa had 4 shots on target. AJ says we dominated
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:46

East fife's manager should be the aim, and he played for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:50

Stick your stats up your farter 1981par

We were by miles the better team in the first half.

We chucked it completely in the 2nd and Alloa deserved the point.

A draw was fair but a manager and players with any sort of snidey dirty time wasting Airdrie-style streak in them would've won that game 2-1.

Instead we don't waste time, don't make time-wasting subs and hammer the ball up the park instead of killing the game.

Inexcusable. The manager should take most of the blame but in a league were the teams are all of a similar level the players need to step up here.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sat 05 Jan 21:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jwd1103  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 22:02

We've been in that league long enough now to know how it works...looks like this is our level at this point in time , for whatever reason, and of fans are happy to fund this with their readies on a Saturday afternoon then fair play to them...that's where we are. It's up to the club to change this by whatever means they can , living within our means, if we're a Championship club then that's what we are.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 22:06

I fully expected us to maybe end up winning 5-0. We were 2-0 up against a part time team that were bottom of the league and had their buzz from beating Dundee united out on a low peep. And as ever, we come out in the 2nd half worse because AJ has got his hands on the team. We should have gone out in the 2nd half and destroyed them. But AJ just wants to hold - the signs were there when they got their first. Inept.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 22:31

Was just referring that 2 shots on target at home to a part time team isn’t good enough.

Why we never put subs on to waste time when we were under the cosh I will never know. Only AJ knows the answer to that. Incredible.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 22:38

Board don’t have the minerals to sack him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cmonpar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 22:44

Why don’t they ask these questions post match in his interview or are these too hard to answer. Make a change to the usual guff we hear
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 22:48

Sounds like he partly blames the crowd again

Dunfermline Athletic manager Allan Johnston: "We started the game really well, looked by far the better team, should win it quite comfortably, but we could hear the crowd getting nervy.

"We should see the game out, but its the basics, just doing your job. It's criminal when it happens.

"We deserved to win the game. You can see the confidence in the team, but that's a big blow tonight."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 22:52

Crowd getting nervy cause we all saw the equaliser was coming but that Tw*t never
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 23:39

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Sat 5 Jan 21:16

Quote:

Quote:

No you didn't

Valuable contribution. You should write a book.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 00:27

First of all, Johnston has a point re the crowd getting nervy and on players backs (though that’s not quite what he said). The poison wasn’t long coming to the surface after Alloa pulled a goal back. The crowd at East end can be far too hard on the players and it does definitely have an effect on them. Some of the shouts from the North West from some supporters were just unbelievable and that’s before the 2nd goal. So with that, he has a point. Rage about that all you like, it’s a fact, have a listen to the videos online of the last couple of games at home to the fan noise compared to previous seasons. I’m not saying it’s not understandable, but it is a factor and it WILL impact.

That aside, I said months ago he should be moved on. He has tried to change formations and make changes, ultimately he has not signed well. For whatever reason the signings haven’t worked out over the course of the season. More worryingly for me has been the regression of Ashcroft and Williamson this season, paired with Jackson Longridges slow decline in form. Something isn’t right. Whether it is coaching, tactics, morale, it’s not happening in full like it should. It’s not at Falkirk levels where it’s poor quality players and poor quality training (before RMcK), but something isn’t clicking.

Today saw:-

- a return from 433 v Falkirk to 442 with Higgy left and Beadling right. In the first half this was more fluid but second half become more of a flat 442. Beadling was arguably our best player last week, this week marginalised to the fringes of the game - WHY?
- Hippolyte lasting the whole game. This one I just don’t get at all. It clearly wasn’t his day, why not make a change? That free kick effort, the other players there were almost begging him not to take it....he did anyways, and it was embarrassing. This goes back to my point 2 years ago about penalty takers, AJ doesn’t nominate one, it’s whoever is most confident. This seems to apply to direct free kicks, the result is a bunch of players arguing who’s taking it then one taking it who now has added pressure from his peers. FFS remove the pressure and nominate before the game kicks off. Not rocket science.
- Higgy lasting the whole game - Muirhead a left mid on the bench, Higgy having a poor one.....make the change!?
- Craigen off for Williamson. A blind man can see at the moment Ryan’s head is not in it, especially at East End. He looks a boy distressed when he comes on, and to put him on against Dario Zanatta (sp), who is Alloas most dangerous and competent attacking threat, is tantamount to setting him up to fail. Have some balls FFS and put Lewis Martin on there who would be more defensively solid. This was not a game for Ryan.

Times been up for AJ for a while I think. I realise the board has a difficult decision to make financially and also the available candidates might not be the longest list....but it’s just going to get worse. The evidence is NOT there that this is getting towards any consistent improvement. While it is a tight league (at one point today we were 2 points off 4th and 6 points off 3rd) others below us are starting to get their act together, and unless we pull off a couple of significant coups in the transfer window over the next week then it’s a season looking over our shoulder rather than looking ahead.

By the way amongst all this, players better take responsibility too. Couple of them absolutely hid rather than roll the sleeves up today. Up to our manager to hunt them...before he’s hunted....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 00:35

Nailed it for me rossmcno1

James Jackson
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 00:44

I think he took Craigen off due to injury, but imo Ryan coming on was not the main problem.

The first Alloa goal was before that when Craigen was on and Devine got turned inside out.
The second goal came from Longridge being beaten on the opposite side and panicky defending thereafter.

Williamson put in three decent crosses which no one got on the end of.

Surely the main problem was not replacing Hippolite and giving Faiss or even Smith a chance to run at their defence to try for a third.
Instead we had Hippo dropping deeper allowing Alloa to make full use of their subs and push for the equaliser which they duly got.

It's no matter anyway. AJ showed his fear of failure yet again and it cost us points.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 00:54

One common denominator for ALL the issues above- the manager.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 00:59

Although I'm depressed we drew I have to laugh at so called fans who still think Alloa are easy pickings despite 4 draws and a penalty loss this season.

Get real folks!

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 01:01

It wasn’t the draw,it was the manor in which we arrived at the draw that has pi$$ed off so many people.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars For Europe  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 01:27

Time for the board to act, simply because our manager cannot react. Time and time again they have been found completely inept at reading a game and making changes in our favour. We set our team out, if all goes well we scrape a win however all it takes is a simple reshuffle of the opposition team and we are left looking like idiots. A managers remit is surely to react to what he sees before him in a game not sit on his thumb and hope the other team can’t find a way through. I respect everything the board have done to save the club we all love but they cannot allow this to continue. In reaction to AJ’s comments the reason the crowd are so quick to react when the chips are down is because as soon as the tide turns we all know there is no answer coming from the dugout. Time and time again this set up have shown to be incapable of the very basics. Hope is all we ask for when we pitch up at East End, please provide this by taking decisive action.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 05:45

I have had a good sleep yet I am still angry at the manner in which we capitulated yesterday. At half time, I honestly believed we would go on to win by four or five goals we were so in command.

There must have been three or four Alloa players on bookings from the first half, so the odds were that they might lose a player or two sent off in the second if their indiscipline continued.

But no. Jim Goodwin clearly addressed this issue in the changing room at half time. He made what turned out to be clever and well timed substitutions and eventually his tactical nous was rewarded.

In other words, he turned our manager inside out with as much dexterity as Zanatta showed against Devine for their first goal. Not for the first time, AJ’s frailties as a tactician have been exposed. I just need to think back to last season and how Jim Duffy regularly outsmarted him whenever we played Morton.

AJ has given up. It is clear to see. There is only one decision the board can take. Well, two actually, and the second is to replace him with Jim Goodwin.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 07:45

Most fans know we have the squad to take us to at least the playoffs , and in my opinion we do not need to spend money in the transfer window. What we do need is for someone to blend the players we have and to organise the tactics to suit.
I can hardly believe what I witnessed yesterday, , we could have been on easy street, particularly if we had used our subs, instead of letting them sit and freeze in the dug out. I am a very disappointed Pars fan today, thinking back to what might have been yesterday.
I would like to add, what the hell will the moral of the players be like after that . I despair.

Post Edited (Sun 06 Jan 11:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 08:22

I agree , Steaua. We have a decent pool of players. We need a better manager. Simple

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 08:41

Only one position needs tackled ie a striker to play beside Keena.

The squad is perfectly adequate.

Sadly ,when we come up against a master tactician like Goodwin or Duffy we are always in trouble after Half Time.

I wonder what the solution is.......
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 08:43

Quote:

hudza, Sat 5 Jan 22:38

Board don’t have the minerals to sack him.

And you do?
You'd have the nous, the money and the time to run the club and get him sacked aye?
Sit down.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 09:22

Agree with Dover Par , it wasn,t so much the end result as the manner in which we gave the game to them with total inaction from th bench , our coaching staff standing there clueless in how to change the game with Jim Goodwin making change after change and putting us under increased pressure by the minute

G.B
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: