DAFC.net
Home 22 January 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Subs
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:05

What have I watched.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Subs
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:11

Waste some time. Put a striker on. Do something
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:14

I've never seen manager not having subs out warming up. Never.

Sits them on the bench, and then calls one of them if they're lucky.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:15

There is nothing more dispiriting than seeing a manager with his arms folded keep his players sitting on a bench second half on a cold winter's day when they should be keeping themselves warmed up running the touchlines. Time for you and your ever silent partner Mr Clark to go, AJ.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:20

There's no point in us having a squad or naming subs most weeks. It must be disheartening sitting on our bench knowing you're not going to play unless there's an injury on the park.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:28

The reason we lost 2 points. Alloa had us under the cosh yet he still doesn’t put subs on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:28

How anyone with any knowledge of football leaves a totally uninterested Hippolyte on the Park is beyond me total waste of a wage

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigSolBamba  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:30

Classic AJ mentality - if we’re winning don’t change it. Except take off a solid defensive right back and bring on an attacking minded right back at 2-0 up. How does he keeping getting chances to ruin this club? MUST go now, listen to the fans Ross Mcarthur
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:31

The board a basically throwing away money on a squad if he's not going to use subs, ignorant and weak.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:33

Was Hyppo any worse than Higgy? Out of both of them I thought Hyppo was better tbh. Why bring on Williamson then keep Higgy on the left?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sammy_Must_Die  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:34

Apart from a 5 minute spell around the 80th minute Hippolyte was totally anonymous today.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davie moyes the first  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:35

Don’t be so hard on the manager.

He was trying to bring on a centre half before they scored 😄😄
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:37

Durnan and Lewis Martin on the bench. Could easily have taken Higgy off for one of them and played with an extra defender.
Could have taken Hippolyte off and used the pace of FEB to stretch them on counter and keep them from committing too many forward

Goodwin rolled the dice and gambled. AJ kept his hands in his pockets

This is nothing new. I’ve been saying for maybe 2 years now that the guy doesn’t have the ability to influence a game that’s not going his way.
Nothing changes

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:40

It's nothing new here. His inability to change things has always been the same. Clueless.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:43

Can't understand how Hippolyte is a full time footballer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:43

Was mentioned on the radio a couple of times today that we had a strong squad and should be doing better, poihts towards poor management, time to get rid before it is too late.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:46

There are so many points that infuriate me about AJ today that I can't face typing them up. All I'll say is that I have backed him up until now, but he has to go or we are getting relegated.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: halbe  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:50

There were points in the second half when Hippolyte made no effort to keep up or to get into the box when there were breaks on the wing.
There have been questions about who stays or who goes in this transfer window. Everyone apart from the manager knew subs of changes were needed but he must have decided that none of the forwards on the bench today could offer anything, so they would all be as well to look for new club. You can only guess what the subs today think of the manager…
Just beyond belief that he stood by and let that happen today without any attempt to change it…
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars_steve  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 17:56

Everyone sat and watched Goodwin change the shape at half time and then continually change personnel throughout the second half in order to change the game. It took our manager 15 minutes to react to the Alloa HT shape change.
Then to sit and watch us get dominated for the last twenty minutes and not make a single change to either a) slow the game down b) freshen the legs or c) change the shape to counter Alloa’s changes is absolutely unforgivable. He cannot change a game, he has never had that in him and that’s possibly the most annoying part about today and previous games - surely that’s where a manager earns his crust?

My anger is starting to shift from the manager to the board now. How can they not see that this is affecting the attendances, the atmosphere and the belief in what the club can achieve? They are playing a dangerous game as attendances will drop, lifeline membership and other finances will suffer.

He has to go. Falkirk will turn it around and Partick will pick up too. I fear for the rest of our season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:01

"Was Hyppo any worse than Higgy? Out of both of them I thought Hyppo was better tbh"

agree with that but Higginbotham ran around a bit more so that's ok.

"He was trying to bring on a centre half before they scored"

as soon as Spence came on and they went 2 up front was when to make that change.

even the change he did make due to an injury he got wrong!

Post Edited (Sat 05 Jan 19:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:05

New year but the same old garbage from our hands in pockets manager .
Defenders who barely have the energy to break into a canter are left on the park , and yet we have defenders sitting on the bench .
Been saying it not for months , but for seasons now . The guy is clueless and should be given the boot asap .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:12

I wouldn’t say Hippo is disinterested, he’s just murder.
AJ ****** that today with an inability to assess what was happening and change the game - nothing new. Get him to F.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:18

He cannot manage a game. End of story.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:25

Today was the most vocal I have heard shouts for AJ to go.

I know there will be the usual defenders on this forum, but out in the real world, the tide is building.

From the stand to the park roundabout, there was near constant grumbling all around on the walk to the town, with the most heard complaints being about AJ and Clark.

It's a bad start to 2019, football wise.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:33

It’s like he’s doing it on purpose. A big f@ck you to the fans. How he can’t see we needed an extra player on in defence or midfield to see the game out is beyond me. He has to take responsibility for this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:41

I have to agree with most posters here , AJ is brutal when it comes to changing the shape of the team to see a game out ! IMHO we shouldn't be letting a team like Alloa boss us about as they did second half ! so players also need to have a long look at themselves , if they put the same desire and effort in as Alloa's players did second half we would have won by a few goals !
we lose another cheap goal at the start of the half and i blame devine for it he is a bombscare, Higgy all day couldn't pass water never mind the ball but stays on the full game ? Jackson was blowing out his backside the last 15 mins as he was having to put a double shift in due to higgy no marking or coming back to help and I am sure thats why the Alloa player was able to turn him and score if AJ had made the changes i think we would have won , hippo couldn't trap a bag of cement ! we can go on and on but will keep my thoughts to myself , if us supporters see all this going on what game is AJ watching ?? the last 15 mins we could have made 2 subs to see the game out but as usual NO !
it is absolutely embarrassing from players , management and board it is time to act before we are in the 1st division
Sorry if my post is all over the place but i am still raging from dropping 2 points
[IP address logged]
 Re: Sub
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 18:58

1981par nails it.......

No excuses AJ has to take responsibility here.

Beadling
Higgy
Vincent

....abducted by ailiens at HT? Complete imposters played in the SH.

AJ should have been tearing them a strip from the sidelines, Joe T was the only midfielder worth his salt in the SH.

I don't think AJ is going anywhere till at least the end of the season. Problem is someone is going down and someone will be in the playoffs. IMO - We could be in the mix.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:02

Don't think AJ could tear a strip of paper in half.

The most uninspiring manager since Davy Hay imo.

And what is Sandy Clark about. A paperweight is more useful.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:31

How you cannot have subs warming up is unbelievable.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:44

That's not the first time subs have been sitting freezing, once even put on with no warmup.
Reeks of not really having a plan of action and just hoping things will happen.

Players don't even agree on who to take freekicks or penalties.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:48

I think it was young Smith that he was going to bring on, imagine bringing the laddie on with cold muscles, the damage could have disasterous. Loosing 2 points was bad but possibly destroying a youngster's future is far worse.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 19:49

Higgy needs to go, let him continue his journey down the leagues, he’s murder and has no excuses for performances like today which has been the hallmark of his time here. No marking or tracking the ball, ball watching, aimless punts and flicks without even looking, can’t even deliver a half decent set piece. It was like he can only play one ball over the top except he’s not good enough to play it so it goes straight to the defender every time, done it about 6 times today.

This team is in trouble if keena leaves. Everyone should be praying craigan is not injured or we can get a right back through the door this week.

Ashcroft and Devine not commanding or strong enough in the air or fast enough on the deck so are struggling against the bigger sides.

Whoever decided hippo was a footballer and worthy of a deal here needs taken round the back and shot.

Just sitting here drenched in my own positivity! AJ is gone!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 20:05

"I think it was young Smith that he was going to bring on, imagine bringing the laddie on with cold muscles, the damage could have disasterous. Loosing 2 points was bad but possibly destroying a youngster's future is far worse"

it was Durnan who was ready to come on...and the rest, a tad over the top id say.

the other side to this is what does McColl as the sports scientist think about it? either he isn't saying anything or has and has been ignored, a few times you could maybe say ok but when its nearly every week it simply shouldn't be happening.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sticky Par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 20:09

Have they gone yet?

Sticky Par
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:49

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sat 5 Jan 19:31

How you cannot have subs warming up is unbelievable.

Yep. It's happened before, surely it's just common sense to have guys warmed up and ready to go.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:57

Agree mach1, seeing 3 ego’s arguing over that free kick was typical of us.

So was the end result.

Just sitting here drenched in my own positivity! AJ is gone!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 22:14

For what it’s worth, I think AJ’s time is up.

However, its worth noting that the subs could go out and warm up without being told. Why were none of these subs seeing what was going on and taking it upon themselves to warm up? They should have been showing the manager they’re ready to come on and want to help make a difference! For me, the attitude of the subs was terrible today. Just as terrible as the attitude of those on the park during the second half.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 22:18

I dont think the subs are allowed to warm up without being told to and anyway why would they bother warming up when they well know AJ has no intention of using them
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 22:40

Only three subs are allowed to warm up at any one time to its down to AJ or Clark to organise it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 22:53

Only three subs can warm up? Is that correct?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 22:56

It certainly used to be the case. I can remember a few years back at eep the ref stopped the game and went over to the dugout to tell them to get one of the subs back when there were four out. And you never see more than three warming up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 23:06

It happened at a home game earlier in the season. He never had anybody warming up, players came on from sitting on the bench for 25 minutes. And he has the cheek to mention injuries & operations... clueless.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 07:50

Next morning after the game and I’m still baffled AJ didn’t use subs to waste time when we were under the cosh. Is he doing this on purpose?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 08:44

It defies analysis.

The time when he stubbornly refused to put Faissal on in a meaningless game at the end of the season, until almost impelled to do so by baying fans shows to me that weakness, or spite.

If he thought he could force Faissal or any player to agree terms by refusing him an opportunity to become the country's leading scorer in front of his overseas family, then it shows poor managerial judgement imo.

As a general observation though, I just think he fears decision making in case things go worse.

A leader not!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 09:01

His total inability to read what is happening in a game is baffling, has no plan B and obviuosly no confidence in his subs or he would use them to change the game or simply run the clock down , and whatever Clarke does is even more baffling does he have no input or is quite happy walking around with his hands in his pockets picking up a wage ,

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 09:56

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sat 5 Jan 19:48

I think it was young Smith that he was going to bring on, imagine bringing the laddie on with cold muscles, the damage could have disasterous. Loosing 2 points was bad but possibly destroying a youngster's future is far worse.

I'm sure our sub's warmed up a few times, and I think there was some kind of bicycle contraption. Maybe wasn't ours ?.

Post Edited (Sun 06 Jan 10:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 13:44

^^ no to either.

the 3 sub thing, its been that way for years.
the example dd23 gives its the same one I remember it wasn't an extra sub it was McColl who was out there with the subs and was told he had to go back to the dugout as he was out of the technical area.

players taking it on themselves to go warm up, should never happen imo.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: