DAFC.net
Home 21 March 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The Chairman..
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 20:48

First up this not a defence of the current situation with the manager, for me it has gone stale, I'll say straight up my feeling is AJ is a tactical coward.

However I see an increasing amount of posts questioning the Chairman's spine, lack of awareness and the occasional outlandish conspiracy theory.

Ross is a very good chairman under pretty unique circumstances...he jumped in to help save the club from extinction...not reinvention...gone.
He's by all accounts an astute businessman but he's still learning as a chairman. Do people really think he doesn't ponder decisions?
Do people really think he isn't playing out the scenarios in his mind and on the spread sheet? Get real.
Posters talk about making the "hard decisions" I simply ask those posters have you considered how hard those decisions are?
Have you actually sat down and thought about how that decision will affect every...single...pars fan...all of them....and it's all on your shoulders.
I won't dive to deep into finances only to say we can't place bets with banks, our finances are more immediate in nature.

I'm a game big lad but my reckless heart would have buried the club a long time ago. I keep in touch with the odd Par with shared mental health experience and let me tell you, knowing our conversation could either positively or negatively affect their day gives gravity to decisions and advice, that's just one to one, dude to dude.

Imagine the weight of wanting to do the best for every single Pars fan and protecting their club, try to make it flourish?
It's a pretty heavy task/weight.

This isn't a denial of mistakes or errors of judgement in any way, it's simply an acknowledgement of learning curve, a harsh and necessary one.

Things are nowhere near where all involved would like to be, we all know that.
But let's not allow us to fall foul of the hubris that the Chairman and board are in some way blind, like it or not that simply is not true.

Thanks for reading.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Chairman..
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 20:50

Good post

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: coventrypar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 20:54

Yep Rasta good post. People have to step up to job titles ... a person promoted to manager isn’t immediately a good manager .. they have to learn. After a while they have to deserve their job

"If you have no kind words to say you should say nothing more at all"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 20:54

He made a big mistake in giving AJ a two year contract, he made another mistake in putting that statement out a few weeks ago, and he's made a big one by not parting company with AJ months ago.

RM is the best chairman I've had in my lifetime, but he has made mistakes and people will complain about that, Fans are putting in more money than they ever have done to the club so it's only natural they'll feel aggrieved with seemingly obvious mistakes are made.

Fwiw the only reason I can see why we still persist with AJ is due to that horrendous mistake in the shape of a two year contract.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 20:56

If he has a cast iron 2 year contract

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: coventrypar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 20:59

Most managers in football when punted don’t get all the money of the remaining contract paid up .. they get paid monthly till they get anew job or until the end of the contract. So we could punt him and make savings monthly elsewhere eg loan out a couple of players or send a couple back.

"If you have no kind words to say you should say nothing more at all"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:02

What a superb post.

I admit, I was very loath to even open the forum tonight, and this is (so far) the only post I have read. I gather from Rasta says that a lot of other contributors are making unhappy noises, and that is understandable.

But (IMO) it's absolutely true that the Chairman will be feeling this more that anyone. He is the man who had to go to the Boardroom after today's match and be a polite and generous host to the Alloa directors, who were no doubt c*ck-a-hoop. And he will go home every night knowing that what he and the other Board members decide impacts not only on the future of the club but also on the financial and emotional well-being of the club's employees and thousands of supporters. It's a heavy burden, let's not make it worse by groundless assertions.

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:02

Quote:

coventrypar, Sat 5 Jan 20:54

Yep Rasta good post. People have to step up to job titles ... a person promoted to manager isn’t immediately a good manager .. they have to learn. After a while they have to deserve their job

Hard to disagree with this, I'd only counter with Ross's relatively short time in post in relation to the job and responsibility involved.
It's a hard one for sure.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:04

Ross has made a big error and simply is doing nothing about it. His credibility is failing by the week.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:04

I see that the forum software seems to have decided that c*ck-a-hoop is a sweary word...... Apologies for any offence, hen.

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:05

If he’s going to back the manager then that’s fine but come out and say this instead of the silence every week. Us fans saved the club also. We deserve this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sticky Par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:05

Talking is a great therapy for mental issues, fact.
Good post Rasta.

Sticky Par
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:07

If he doesn't then he has absolutely no excuse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:13

Back or sack this is not a time for silence. He seems to like putting out statements so I would expect one in the next few days either putting his full backing behind the management team or sacking them. He will be judged by his actions .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:13

I understand your defence of Ross as one if those who did a lot to save the club from the ashes of the Masterton era, but it is now time to move on and think forward more than back.

I know little of the club's finances, but I fear they may become worse if some action is not taken to assure the fans and paying public that the Board share their concerns over the current management's apparent inabilities in certain areas of their job.

I have read on here, principally from GG that the Board see AJ as having a role more than just as the footballing manager and frankly that concerns me, as if that is the case, then it is going to be even harder for Ross and others to change course.

If we are currently hosting the second largest average home gates in our division, and we also have the good fortune of the Centenary lifeline injection, along with other inputs from Marv and her shop, plus other business inspired inputs; yet still only just break even each year, we need to be sure not to alienate the support we have.

Few managers have faced the criticism that AJ and Sandy have and retained their jobs and whilst it is appreciated that we are not totally in a desperate place, I can hardly recall such strong condemnation of the standards of play, or the standards and attitude of the management in 57 years if supporting the Pars.
When such did occur, changes were made.

We cannot afford another management vs fans standoff of the type that occurred when the Board insisted on ousting Leishman for Munro, with the drastic drop in gates that occurred then.

Please tread carefully.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Townsvillepar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:28

Excellent post. I had the pleasure of meeting Ross when I was last home in April 2017. He is an excellent chairman and has done a fantastic job. I just finished watching Sunderland til I die and found it incredulous that the (then) owner of the club never spoke to manager Chris Coleman at any stage during the sad plight of that club last season. I am very thankful that we have a chairman who is a Pars supporter and very much hands on. There are better days ahead, and it will be as a result of the excellent leadership of our chairman. Hang in there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:29

Quote:

mach1, Sat 5 Jan 21:13

I understand your defence of Ross as one if those who did a lot to save the club from the ashes of the Masterton era, but it is now time to move on and think forward more than back.

I know little of the club's finances, but I fear they may become worse if some action is not taken to assure the fans and paying public that the Board share their concerns over the current management's apparent inabilities in certain areas of their job.

I have read on here, principally from GG that the Board see AJ as having a role more than just as the footballing manager and frankly that concerns me, as if that is the case, then it is going to be even harder for Ross and others to change course.

If we are currently hosting the second largest average home gates in our division, and we also have the good fortune of the Centenary lifeline injection, along with other inputs from Marv and her shop, plus other business inspired inputs; yet still only just break even each year, we need to be sure not to alienate the support we have.

Few managers have faced the criticism that AJ and Sandy have and retained their jobs and whilst it is appreciated that we are not totally in a desperate place, I can hardly recall such strong condemnation of the standards of play, or the standards and attitude of the management in 57 years if supporting the Pars.
When such did occur, changes were made.

We cannot afford another management vs fans standoff of the type that occurred when the Board insisted on ousting Leishman for Munro, with the drastic drop in gates that occurred then.

Please tread carefully.

Cracking counter, perfectly balanced✌
Discussion is good, random lashing out understandable but not so productive.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:31

Great post Rasta.........

Important for us all to remember that as a fan owned club we are all responsible for it. Players/managers come and go but people like Ross are doing all the heavy lifting for the rest of us.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:41

All in all the chairman has done ok until recently. There is no other knight in shining armour out there so we are stuck with what we have got. His only real mistake so far is giving AJ a two year deal which was a horrendous decision. He now has the tricky position where he must know Johnston should be sacked, but it is going to make his decision to give a two year deal out look pretty silly. We don't know the financial implications of showing AJ the door but again, if he has failed to negotiate a contract that doesn't protect us against failure then that is his doing. His statement a couple of weeks ago was cringe worthy. I fear his continued backing of a failing manager will only stop when the fans turn against the board
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 21:43

Running a football is real life and being the chairman means you have to think about other people's futures. If a person cannot do his job he usually gets a warning normally written. In football that usually comes out as the manager has the boards backing, then when things don't improve the manager gets sacked. Ross now has to have if he hasn't had one a board meeting to decide the future of the manager. Perhaps AJ has already been spoken to. He will have been set targets and last season we made the playoff. I don't know if this season's target was to finish in the top 3, at present it looks more like we will be in the bottom 3. IMO If I was the chairman I might wait until after the Raith game before I would make my decision. I like most on here would expect a defeat next week but a defeat at the hands of Raith should be a point of no return.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sat 5 Jan 23:23

I was told we were offered credit facilities on the back of a guarantor which Bob Purvis offered to do to a set amount which the club turned down at the time. Reasons unknown!
Perhaps if this is the reason as to why AJ is still here now is the time to explore the option of a pay off!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 01:15

I think the Chairman has intentions right but has made some really bad decisions regarding our home fans, section L and the recent statement which by a majority of feedback on here at least, he got totally wrong.
He's a Pars fan.
Does that make him infallible to criticism?

John Yorkston was/is a huge Pars fan too.

In my opinion Ross has bowed to the local police in Dunfermline and decides to kill the atmosphere. The shutting down of section L was a total disgrace and a cop out by our board.

I expect the usual replies but you can't underestimate a singing section with the odd mental fan in there and a proper board of directors would prepare in advance for that rather than the idiotic decision to punish the majority because of the few.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 07:47

We are the second highest avg attendance in the league. We get £20k a month from the fans. Marv and other people bring in money but yet we can’t pay a manager off like Falkirk have done this season and only make a small profit. Doesn’t add up
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 07:57

I have not met a better Chairman than Ross since I was carried over the turnstiles, as a little boy on holiday from Malta ,in 1962.

He carries a huge burden.The OP and Stanza's posts are excellent and pertinent.

I have always supported AJ.He is among the most pleasant and approachable of Managers.Sadly, those are not the criteria on which he is assessed.

At Championship level the Gates are the lifeblood.Proudlty, they are usually bigger than six Premiership clubs.Yet the profit last season was £5700 on the day Hearts announced £1.8m.

Last season the average Gate was 5312.Today it is 4997.The New Year Gate yesterday was derisory.The Fans' response at FT can have left the Board in no doubt the present situation can not be allowed to continue.Yesterday's
match highlighted the fact that a real tactician eg Goodwin or Duffy will always trump AJ.

Stanza's comment, about Ross having to face the ecstatic Alloa Directors, struck a chord.If the Board does not act,the life support will gradually be cut off.And that must sound the alarm bells.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 08:20

Of course mistakes have been made but all this "I'd have sacked AJ..." pi5h and the jokes about a such and such would make a better chairman etc....would you aye?
Nonsense, most of those talking about the Chairman being strong and not making the "difficult decisions" can't last a night on here without a card after a defeat, sorry but if you can't hold yourself together on a wee fitba forum after a bad result, you'll excuse my dismissal of you having the fortitude or nous to run an entire club.

And then there's the hours. I think it's fair to say that most of you don't have your own business to run and tend to, right?
So you feel that strongly huh? Why don't you find out how many hours Ross puts in at the club and match it volunteering, mind you've to keep your own job going as well, how long would you last with no remuneration?
Oh and remember inbetween those two lives you have to fully consider and act upon those " difficult decisions" that no matter what way you go it will be thankless.

Again, I'm not admonishing of mistakes, I'm challenging the detractors to think about the role and whether they could carry it out to anywhere near the same degree.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 08:34

A severe lack of action from our chairman. We have went backwards as a club. What I’m saying is if you are going to support AJ then that is fine but come out and say this as this just simply can’t go on much longer.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 08:34

I don't know how many Pars Chairmen you have personally met to make the comparison above.

I've only met and really known one from the past and we had 'interesting' discussions regarding the club, often agreeing to disagree.

I don't know AJ , but for approachability, some managers from the past have been very good and others quite remote.

The points are not important with regard to the wellbeing of the club, but the latter part of the post which mentions the lifeblood of the club is.

We can see a gradual reduction in crowd numbers. We can hear the complaints from the stands after many of our games.
You can sense the apathy creeping gradually into discussions about the team.
You can hear and know of people increasingly deciding to do other things.

As an example, when I was coming to the game yesterday I was chatting to a local from my area who was going as usual with grandchildren and their mother. The wee lad wasn't with them and on asking, they told me he just got fed up and had gone from asking when the Pars were going to win to asking when they were going to score.

Ah the innocence of the child, reducing a situation down from all our adult analysis on games, managers, tactics and who is best, to simple stuff like goals and wins.

We must make the right decisions to stop the trickle from becoming a stream.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 08:41

Quote:

mach1, Sun 6 Jan 08:34

I don't know how many Pars Chairmen you have personally met to make the comparison above.

I've only met and really known one from the past and we had 'interesting' discussions regarding the club, often agreeing to disagree.

I don't know AJ , but for approachability, some managers from the past have been very good and others quite remote.

The points are not important with regard to the wellbeing of the club, but the latter part of the post which mentions the lifeblood of the club is.

We can see a gradual reduction in crowd numbers. We can hear the complaints from the stands after many of our games.
You can sense the apathy creeping gradually into discussions about the team.
You can hear and know of people increasingly deciding to do other things.

As an example, when I was coming to the game yesterday I was chatting to a local from my area who was going as usual with grandchildren and their mother. The wee lad wasn't with them and on asking, they told me he just got fed up and had gone from asking when the Pars were going to win to asking when they were going to score.

Ah the innocence of the child, reducing a situation down from all our adult analysis on games, managers, tactics and who is best, to simple stuff like goals and wins.

We must make the right decisions to stop the trickle from becoming a stream.

All of them the last 40 years on account of having family in the club.

Post Edited (Sun 06 Jan 08:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 08:45

I have interviewed all of them going back more than thirty years.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 08:56

Fair enough, you should know a bit about them then.

My point was more about the potential of lost fans, regardless of who is in a position to affect things.

I don't know Ross at all, but my impression from what he says in statements and what I've heard second hand is that he is almost too nice to be in what is an unenviable position.

I would say that acumen in business operations is a clear advantage to being in charge of any organisation, but football is almost unique and has more competing demands put on it than other forms of business.

I genuinely sympathise with Ross and the Board who will feel under a lot of pressure just now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 08:57

Quote:

1981par, Sun 06 Jan 07:47

We are the second highest avg attendance in the league. We get £20k a month from the fans. Marv and other people bring in money but yet we can’t pay a manager off like Falkirk have done this season and only make a small profit. Doesn’t add up

Falkirk fans will tell you how much they cover up at their AGM (ie their fans want more), one was saying that they’re basically a year behind, so the absolute mess they’re in now won’t show up til the next AGM.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 12:18

The Chairman has the books and the contract details. He has ears and eyes and is an astute businessman.
He has the best interest in the club and most certainly will do what is required when it best suits the club.

He is more capable of doing the maths and accounts than anyone on here so as frustrating as it all may be, I am sure Ross will make any decisions at the right time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 12:26

Totally agree rasta. Good common sense post.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Number Eleven  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 12:31

The challenge for the chairman and the rest of the board is to balance the longer term financial security of the club against the short term results on the pitch. Unfortunately Scottish football chose a few years back to weight financial rewards in favour of the clubs in the top league, thereby encouraging owners to gamble financially in the hope this would ensure footballing success and a greater share of the prize pot.

We all know the risks attached to that strategy and the current board seems determined to balance the books and seems to be doing a good job of it.

DA are the number one
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 12:36

The danger of dropping into league one will have a more devastating blow to our finances than punting AJ right now, keep him in charge and we really are running the risk of going down. Seen on here our next 5 games against teams above us, we won’t win a single one cause any organised team will beat us
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 12:47

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 6 Jan 12:36

The danger of dropping into league one will have a more devastating blow to our finances than punting AJ right now, keep him in charge and we really are running the risk of going down. Seen on here our next 5 games against teams above us, we won’t win a single one cause any organised team will beat us

As I said. Ross is in a better position and is infinitely better qualified than you or anyone else on here to do what needs to be done at precisely the right time.

Rest assured he and the board are doing the maths.
Their last straw might be a different one to yours but they have a clearer picture and they do know what the last straw is.

Post Edited (Sun 06 Jan 12:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 12:49

Okay I’ll jusy sit and happy clap at games and just be content with what’s getting served up
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: seagull1  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 12:51

If Alloa hadn’t scored deep into injury time, then would be even having this discussion?
I don’t doubt for one minute that Ross has had sleepless nights over our form this season. When the time comes I’ve no doubt that the decision will be made to replace AJ. Maybe that time will come when we can no longer make the playoffs, or if we start to slide toward the relegation trapdoor. In the meantime our job as fans is to support the CLUB where we can.
Have to say I’ve been disappointed with our results so far but at the end of the day ‘We’re all Pars fans here’.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 12:52

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 6 Jan 12:49

Okay I’ll jusy sit and happy clap at games and just be content with what’s getting served up

Why would you do that when you obviously aren't content?
Nobody suggested anything of the kind.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 12:54

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 6 Jan 12:36

We're closer to the promotion playoffs than we are to the relegation playoffs and have actually closed the gap slightly over the last few weeks and simultaneously moved slightly away from the relegation zone. Some folk on here were predicting relegation last year too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 12:57

With the greatest respect Parrot, if decisions are only being made on the profit and loss page of the accounts then that is not in the best interest to anyone.

Fans are fickle and the product on the park, the set up off the park and the future of both have to be the mainstay.

Accounts can fluctuate, lost fans finding better things to do with their money due to inept performances on and off the park by manager and chairman are a lot harder to correct.

If we were to offer a 2 year deal plan a contingency plan or contract in place should have allowed for sacking (money in place or agreement of a long term settlement) that is being astute and boxing clever. To be forced as a fan and chairman to watch what is being offered to the board and fans while being forced to sit on your hands is ludicrous.

A manager also knowing the position of the club going through the motions week in week out without fear to his position is also not clever. To the one who will be reading but not posting AJ is now the real epitome of a wage thief and should if he was an honourable man in this position tender his resignation.

I would respect him far more by doing that rather than taking a wage waiting for a big pay off we can't afford.

Sadly I thing both situations may drag on longer and this transfer window will with very little change!

In which case the future in bleak the future is a black and white relegation scrap!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 13:06

Teams below us look like they’re starting to pick up, Falkirk and partick both got good results, we don’t look like making any signings this window. This is turning into the potter season in league one when folk think a league table suggests we are close to top 4 but in reality we are absolutely not good enough to get top 4
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 13:16

Excellent OP, Rasta.

Ross is probably the best Chairman and certainly the most hardworking we've had during my 55 years as a Pars fan. That, as others have said, doesn't mean he hasn't made mistakes during his time in office.

Most fans displeasure centres around the disappointing home results this season, for which the manager must take at least some responsibility. Yesterday's result is a case in point. No team should surrender a 2 goal half-time lead. AJ may have made mistakes in not bringing on a couple of subs near the end, but the players themselves should have been able to see the game out at 2-1 And possibly scored a decisive 3rd.

The BoD could/maybe should sack the manager, but that's the easy part. The hard bit is to bring in another man the club can afford, who will improve the team with the players available.....

Easier said than done.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 13:19

Quote:

renegade master, Sun 6 Jan 12:57

With the greatest respect Parrot, if decisions are only being made on the profit and loss page of the accounts then that is not in the best interest to anyone.

Fans are fickle and the product on the park, the set up off the park and the future of both have to be the mainstay.

Accounts can fluctuate, lost fans finding better things to do with their money due to inept performances on and off the park by manager and chairman are a lot harder to correct.

If we were to offer a 2 year deal plan a contingency plan or contract in place should have allowed for sacking (money in place or agreement of a long term settlement) that is being astute and boxing clever. To be forced as a fan and chairman to watch what is being offered to the board and fans while being forced to sit on your hands is ludicrous.

A manager also knowing the position of the club going through the motions week in week out without fear to his position is also not clever. To the one who will be reading but not posting AJ is now the real epitome of a wage thief and should if he was an honourable man in this position tender his resignation.

I would respect him far more by doing that rather than taking a wage waiting for a big pay off we can't afford.

Sadly I thing both situations may drag on longer and this transfer window will with very little change!

In which case the future in bleak the future is a black and white relegation scrap!

Yep. He is perfectly aware of all of that too. He will call it at the right time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 13:21

With the greatest of respect mate that is one game. Falkirk are taking a big big gamble doing what they're doing.

We've got difficult games coming up but so far our record is:

United - won 1 lost 1
Morton - won 1 drawn 1
County - lost 2
ICT - lost 1 drawn 1
Ayr - lost 1 drawn 1

So with the exception of games against the league leaders we've taken points off everyone. They're all hard games but it's a bit premature to consign us to 5 defeats.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 13:26

It's taken a wee bit longer but the apologists are coming out in force now.

GG, how do you know how hard other Chairmen have worked over the last 55 years, given you were just a laddie 55 years ago?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 13:28

Using your logic Parrot that would suggest he's infallible and won't make any mistakes, which of course is wrong due to the fact he is only human.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 13:30

So next 5 opponents we have won 2 out of 10 games and was against a laszlo United team, doesn’t look good does it? Call it being negative or whatever but it’s the truth

Post Edited (Sun 06 Jan 13:31)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 13:31

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 6 Jan 12:49

At which point was that suggested?
It's only being suggested that the Chairman and board won't be just sitting on their hands.
If you have the skills to sort this out there's a whole fan base would love to see your plan and it's costing etc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 13:34

"When the time comes I’ve no doubt that the decision will be made to replace AJ"

which will be when someone who is available and can do a better job, the chairman said something along those lines in the press a while ago.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 13:42

Quote:

Grant, Sun 6 Jan 13:28

Using your logic Parrot that would suggest he's infallible and won't make any mistakes, which of course is wrong due to the fact he is only human.

Nobody is saying he is perfect Grant we all make mistakes.
All I'm saying is he will be taking everything into account. Results, fans opinions, finances and options. He and his board have the full picture and they most certainly have a plan B.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 13:45

Tannadice next Saturday is looking like a challenge - and Rovers in the cup likewise. !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 14:12

I think the league is still wide open and we are still in contentionto make the playoffs. I think it is impotrtant to separate between performances on the pitch and the future viabity of the club. The chairman has said that he wants to maintain a steady ship. I agree with that. The last thing tbe club wants to do is borrow money and end up in the same position as it was a few years ago. I appreciate that some of theperformances have not bren great at home, but if there is a negative atmosphere in the ground that does not help. Players will make more mistakes on the park, take the easy option etc. I prefer to get behind the team and manager until the end of the season taking into account our league position and finances. As a supporter for 50 years I prefer to go and watch the Pars every Saturday and lose rather than not being able to watch them at all as they have gone out of existence. There is no money in Scottish football for the smaller clubs and perhaps for many part time football will become the reality in the future.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 14:42

You know you can still run a steady ship and do much better than we are. Want an example? Livingston or St Mirren. No more excuses. Even if we make play offs what we going to do.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 15:25

It's the same old arguments for the AJ defenders and those in the other camp.

We all want the same thing, well I imagine we do, but as the post from Indiapar shows, some are prepared to accept the status quo.
Others like myself are less patient and less tolerant of poor fare as often as we get it.

These guys are full time, professional footballers and managers.

I am retired now, but I know for certain that if I showed such a low level of competence on a regular basis, I would have been forcibly 'retired' much earlier.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 15:26

"All I'm saying is he will be taking everything into account. Results, fans opinions, finances and options. He and his board have the full picture and they most certainly have a plan B."

They may have but it doesn't mean they'll do the correct thing, they had all of that information avaliable to them in the summer and they wrongly gave AJ a two year contract.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 16:12

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 6 Jan 13:30

So next 5 opponents we have won 2 out of 10 games and was against a laszlo United team, doesn’t look good does it? Call it being negative or whatever but it’s the truth

It's not fantastic and could be better much better but it's also not a reason to suggest we'll get nothing from those games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 16:18

When you see some of the stuff on this forum you wonder why anyone would volunteer to be chairman. I take my hat off to the guy.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 16:40

Who invited him to be the chairman, was it the Pars Trust? Or did he put more money into the saving the Pars bucket? Its not to get rid of him, it's just that I've wondered how certain people managed to be on the board. Perhaps this has been mentioned before.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 17:46

Quote:

mach1, Sun 6 Jan 13:26

It's taken a wee bit longer but the apologists are coming out in force now.

GG, how do you know how hard other Chairmen have worked over the last 55 years, given you were just a laddie 55 years ago?

Mach1, I resent being labelled as an apologist for the Chairman, the manager or anyone else connected to the Pars. I obviously don't know exactly how hard preceding Chairmen worked for the Pars, but it would take some doing for any of them to have worked harder than Ross, trust me.

I also take exception to the attitude that all we need to do is to sack AJ and all will be well again. Results, especially at home, have not been nearly good enough and none of us are happy about that, but surely our BoD are best placed to decide if/when the manager should go.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 18:18

"Topic Originator: eastendalloapar |
Date: Sun 6 Jan 16:40

Who invited him to be the chairman, was it the Pars Trust? Or did he put more money into the saving the Pars bucket? Its not to get rid of him, it's just that I've wondered how certain people managed to be on the board. Perhaps this has been mentioned before.

matt forsyth"

Really, why bring this up now unless it's part of a campaign to remove him? All the information about the structure and governance of Pars United and DAFC has been in the public domain since the club came out of administration, and is still shown on the club's official website. It was also one of the specifically identified topics at the November 2018 Supporters' Council, where fans were invited to come to EEP and discuss the detail with members of the Board.

As with any company, the members of the Board are elected by the shareholders at an AGM, and (usually) the chairperson is then appointed by the Board members. The most recent AGM was in November 2018, although Ross was of course appointed in 2016, succeeding Bob Garmory.

I'm pretty sure most/all of the present Board put significant sums of money into the rescue package in 2013, and continue to do so. But I genuinely believe they are there on merit - I don't necessarily agree with all their decisions, but my goodness the club would be in a sorry state without them.

Incidentally, "The Pars Trust" has (or more correctly "had") nothing at all to do with Pars United or with DAFC Ltd. It was a quite separate private limited company (and registered charity) incorporated in 1995 and (I think) largely concerned with the running of Pitreavie. It was dissolved in 2015, by being compulsorily struck off the register at Companies House. It had various directors during its history, notably members of the Masterton family. Again, all this information is freely available in the public domain at Companies House.

Post Edited (Sun 06 Jan 18:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 18:31

If you are not an apologist, you are a pretty avid supporter.

Your statement about how hard Ross works is contradictory when you say you don't know how hard previous Chairmen have and clearly indicates an admiration of Ross that allows you to be seemingly unable to criticise any Board decisions.

I don't recall anyone saying that releasing AJ will solve all our problems, but many feel that a change of management is necessary to add motivation to the the team and the crowd.

There are numerous examples on here, on various threads, of people not going to games, or saying they have had enough.

You say the Board are best placed to decide when the manager should go, but you have also said that Ross sees a role for AJ beyond being the football manager, which does concern me and others.

Sorry if I've touched a nerve GG, but you are maybe too close to the Board and maybe that can skew your perspective.
All the criticism cannot be misplaced and let's be honest, it is no gut reaction. It has been voiced for a long time now that AJ is not getting the best out of our players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 18:44

The next 5 games could be disastrous for us. If they are there's no doubt AJ will be removed but we will then be in a crisis situation facing potential relegation and trying to get a manager. Of course the next 5 games may not be disastrous but it's hard to see us being in any better position than we are already. I do not trust AJ in any way to improve things. The more he involves himself in a game the worse things get. Now's the time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 18:58

A hard chairman would have got rid of AJ a year ago. However his January signings saved his skin. I think it was foolhardy of our board to give him a 2 year contract. Now we are more likely to be in the religation playoff the the promotion one. 2 of the 3 teams below us got rid of their failures and the other has a team which is pulling well above their weight. It's time for the board to look at themselves in a mirror and think why did we give this man a 2 year contract. If the decision was the chairmans perhaps it's time to replace both.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 19:01

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sun 6 Jan 18:58

A hard chairman would have got rid of AJ a year ago. However his January signings saved his skin. I think it was foolhardy of our board to give him a 2 year contract. Now we are more likely to be in the religation playoff the the promotion one. 2 of the 3 teams below us got rid of their failures and the other has a team which is pulling well above their weight. It's time for the board to look at themselves in a mirror and think why did we give this man a 2 year contract. If the decision was the chairmans perhaps it's time to replace both.

So, just to get this clear, you advocate the removal of a chairman every time a managerial decision goes wrong?
Your proposed replacement?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 19:11

Why don't those who feel really strongly about this approach the board directly instead of bumping their gums on here?

Also, I don't know how many times Stanza and others have had to explain the structure of the club and where to find details of how it works. Some folk just like to moan and will do nothing to find things out for themselves.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 19:26

No, just one that should have done his job last year. Then when the fans voice their feelings blames the fans. I don't boo but others do and I can understand why. I know that a girlfriend of one of the players overheard a conversation between fans, she then shouted at the lad, he said he was sorry and that should have been the end of it. Instead there was a lengthy statement on COWS. Many years ago I had a "discussion" with John Clark's wife, she ended up throwing a cup of hot liquid at my son who was about 10 at the time. She neve seemed to sit near us ever again. Things happen at games, people say things but you have to get on with life.
I wanted AJ to get the job in league 1, when he got it I was delighted but his ability to manage and set out a team when another manager alters his players set up his obvious to all. The chairman has to act, as the crowds are going to fall of and we may end up playing in front of hundreds and not thousands.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 19:39

The lad has now been banned from east end.. he went and bought a ticket on Saturday only to be refused entry. So the chairman has taken a decision to ban someone who travels home and away, every week.. based on one side of the story, which was absolute nonsense. Something absolutely stinks at the club just now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 19:42

I think the feelings of the majority of fans at Saturdays game was let known to the chairman.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 20:09

Why would anyone confront the chairman? You’d end up getting banned and a statement released about you!! Pretty sure someone had a go at him at the partick game
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 20:45

"Why would anyone confront the chairman?"

Honestly, it is perfectly possible to ask the chairman a reasonable question, to disagree with his answer, and to discuss further the pros and cons of the matter without any need to "confront" him - I've done so on several occasions! :)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 20:48

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Sun 6 Jan 19:39

The lad has now been banned from east end.. he went and bought a ticket on Saturday only to be refused entry. So the chairman has taken a decision to ban someone who travels home and away, every week.. based on one side of the story, which was absolute nonsense. Something absolutely stinks at the club just now.

Banned ? Really ?

Out of order if true. . .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 21:31

He was told on Saturday he is no longer welcome. The chairman heard one side of the story and despite a public apology from the boy (For a 2 sided argument), he’s decided he shouldn’t be allowed back. Parallels of the former regime.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 21:37

This is actually getting quite scary if true. There were a number of eye witnesses that said it did not play out as alleged. These questions must be raised with the chairman ASAP. There seems to be an ‘Us and Them’ divide being created at the club. Our club is a complete shambles at the moment.

Post Edited (Sun 06 Jan 21:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 21:47

That’s disgraceful if true Bamba-Daft. Players won’t be at the club forever but the fans will always be there supporting the team. A serious re-think is needed there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 21:52

Probably done the boy a favour to be fair. Only joking, shocking if true.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 21:54

Are there witnesses to what actually happened that can come forward, this needs to be sorted and the truth come out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 22:00

Wish he would ban me. This doesn't paint our chairman in a good light at all. I've not been impressed with how he has alienated elements of our support. Seems like he is becoming Masterton-esque.
On a side note, I've often wondered how they enforce a ban. Surely if you get your mate to buy your ticket for you, get a hat and scarf covering most of your face, you can sneak in no bother?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 22:05

I must say, if a ban has been put in place, surely this decision was made at Board level and not just the Chairman's decision.
I do know that the lad was stopped by a steward and was refused entry to the game yesterday. I think for clarity the Board need to let the fans know what the up to date situation is regarding this episode. Fans Club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigSolBamba  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 22:09

I’m not one for calling out people individually but Ross Mcarthur for all the good he has done has failed at the key things. The enjoyment of football is being sucked from our club one boring draw after another and nothing is being done about it. Admit you were wrong in giving a man who limped into 4th place a 2 year deal and sack him like 99% of fans want. If we continue to go on like this we will be a league 1 club. This is Dunfermline Athletic, we do not accept this mediocraty. Dull and ineffective on field, incompetant off. Change required
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 22:21

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sun 6 Jan 19:26

I know that a girlfriend of one of the players overheard a conversation between fans, she then shouted at the lad, he said he was sorry and that should have been the end of it.

There's no danger he got banned if that's what actually happened.

If your version is true it would appear the girlfriend should be banned?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sun 06 Jan 22:22)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 22:35

When you only hear one exaggerated version of events.. you can see why this has been the outcome.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 22:59

Bamba I'm not stupid. Why did the guy apologise if all he did was have a conversation with his pals?

I'm not taking sides, I really couldn't care. I'm just saying there's a wee bit more than Matt is saying.

Post Edited (Sun 06 Jan 23:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 23:19

Quote:

steaua, Sun 6 Jan 22:05

I must say, if a ban has been put in place, surely this decision was made at Board level and not just the Chairman's decision.
I do know that the lad was stopped by a steward and was refused entry to the game yesterday. I think for clarity the Board need to let the fans know what the up to date situation is regarding this episode. Fans Club.

I'm sure if the lad had approached the chairman / board to tell his side of the story, the outcome could be different.
If the lad had been banned, surely he would have been informed of this and he wouldn't buy a ticket. Did the steward have a photo and why was he sold a ticket. Something doesn't add up. By all accounts the lad seems decent enough and wouldn't have tried to get in f he was banned.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 23:35

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 06 Jan 22:59

Bamba I'm not stupid. Why did the guy apologise if all he did was have a conversation with his pals?

I'm not taking sides, I really couldn't care. I'm just saying there's a wee bit more than Matt is saying.

Nobody said he was just having a conversation with his pals. It’s been done to death on here, he slated Williamsons performance, there was an argument and both parties gave as good as they got. One of them went crying to the club and the other has been banned without a chance to explain his side of the story. It really is that simple (and stupid). a totally needless situation that should have been finished when he was the bigger person and apologised both personally and on here, only to be met with “this is far from over”. Make of that what you will.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 23:37

If there's any issue where a supporter feels he/she is not being treated fairly or properly by the club, then the matter is worth raising directly with the club's Supporter Liaison Officer, Drew Main.

Drew can be contacted at andrew@dafc.co.uk

It's far more likely that a comprehensive answer will be given that way than raising it on here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 23:48

Bamba calm down and read eastendalloapars post at 19.26.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oakley_pars  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 03:06

The same Drew Main who also serves on the board of directors?.... Aye cos he will be totally impartial right enough

it only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 08:08

The dude that was shouting and balling at a player's guest got banned?
Aye shocker right enough.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 08:18

Quote:

Rastapari, Mon 07 Jan 08:08

Her version of events. Myself and several others saw differently. But you’d know what happened ofcourse being nowhere near it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 08:24

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Mon 7 Jan 08:18

Quote:

Rastapari, Mon 07 Jan 08:08

Her version of events. Myself and several others saw differently. But you’d know what happened ofcourse being nowhere near it.

There were other accounts of an unpleasant discourse.
Come on, you don't get banned for a conversation but it does suit your anti club agenda right now eh.
So what's everybody sitting about for then? If I had been wrongly banned through lies I'd have the witnesses rounded up and I'd be going at the Chairman in the strongest terms.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 08:26

I will never defend verbal abuse of any sort, but if we ban everyone who has a verbal altercation with another fan, our crowds would go down quickly.
Emotions run high during and after games and often things are said in the heat of the moment and regretted later.

This has apparently gone completely over the top and yet another few fans are feeling alienated.

C'mon Dunfermline you're bigger than this, I would hope.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 09:03

I’m not saying nothing atall happened. However, when two people have a tit for tat argument about a players performance, which happens at every game.. I don’t expect the chairman to release a statement and ban individuals. He had no evidence whatsoever of what happened other than the version of events from mrs Williamson.. but chose to hammer the boy in a statement which ended up in the national news ffs!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 09:07

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Mon 7 Jan 09:03

I’m not saying nothing atall happened. However, when two people have a tit for tat argument about a players performance, which happens at every game.. I don’t expect the chairman to release a statement and ban individuals. He had no evidence whatsoever of what happened other than the version of events from mrs Williamson.. but chose to hammer the boy in a statement which ended up in the national news ffs!

Still, getting that heated with a player's missus, really?
Maybe the fitba's just not for the lad until he grows up a bit.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 09:19

I will have to reply to Rasta's " maybe the fitba's just not for the lad until he grows up a bit".
Sorry Stuart that is not the case, this lad goes to every home and away games, he has a very good job, and he spends money on clothes at the club. He also attends the games with a large group of fans. Just saying.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 09:32

I think a ban is appropriate for the offense to which he has admitted, apology or not. But it should only be for a game or two.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 09:36

Quote:

steaua, Mon 7 Jan 09:19

I will have to reply to Rasta's " maybe the fitba's just not for the lad until he grows up a bit".
Sorry Stuart that is not the case, this lad goes to every home and away games, he has a very good job, and he spends money on clothes at the club. He also attends the games with a large group of fans. Just saying.

Sorry but what he spends and where he works are nothing to do with being over the top with a player's guest, nothing whatsoever.
I agree with Oz, a ban is justified, maybe just a couple of games though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 10:24

How sad.

A fan being penalised for something which has never been openly discussed and for which the details are not clear to most of us.

Sounds like a kangaroo court to me Ozpar.

Post Edited (Mon 07 Jan 10:25)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 10:29

Quote:

oakley_pars, Mon 7 Jan 03:06

The same Drew Main who also serves on the board of directors?.... Aye cos he will be totally impartial right enough

I think Drew was invited to the board as he is the liaison officer.
The idea being to let him have a first hand account of what is going on and an opportunity to represent the fans at board level.

They didn't appoint a fans liaison officer from the board.

The lad should pitch his case to drew.

Reading over the thread about the incident a short ban definitely is appropriate .... for both of them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 10:47

So now the club should upset two fans over a minor issue which has never been clarified.

Leadership encounters of the third kind.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 10:51

Agreed Parrot. If one is being banned, so should the other. Just because you are the players girlfriend, that should not make you exempt to the same punishment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 11:29

OK Folks, can we now call a halt to the posts re the incident at Firhill. There is a new way forward to resolving this. Thank You.

Post Edited (Mon 07 Jan 11:57)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 11:30

“I think Drew was invited to the board as he is the liaison officer”

Sorry PARrot, that’s incorrect, Drew was automatically installed onto the board of DAFC when he became chairman of the PST, although I can’t think of a better placed person to hold the position of fans liaison officer

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 11:39

Quote:

mach1, Mon 7 Jan 10:47

So now the club should upset two fans over a minor issue which has never been clarified.

Leadership encounters of the third kind.

It wasn't a minor issue.
They were both well out of order. At least the lad made an effort at an apology (pretty poor effort but an effort at least). If he truly is sorry he should just accept a short ban.
It might have helped calm things down if the lass apologised too.

Its easily dealt with now. A wee meeting to sort out the facts. A couple of genuine unconditional apologies - not using the others actions to excuse their own unacceptable behaviour - let the lad back in as I'm pretty sure he will not do it again.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 11:51

"Maybe the fitba's just not for the lad until he grows up a bit."

"Discussion is good, random lashing out understandable but not so productive."

You'd never guess they were by the same poster on the same thread, poor show.

Anyway it's lunchtime on a Monday and it appears that we're going to be fortunate enough to have to endure AJ for a bit longer, lucky us. I was hopping for another statement by now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 11:54

Quote:

Grant, Mon 7 Jan 11:51

Anyway it's lunchtime on a Monday and it appears that we're going to be fortunate enough to have to endure AJ for a bit longer, lucky us. I was hopping for another statement by now.

Me too, my post got deleted though🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 12:03

Quote:

Grant, Mon 7 Jan 11:51

Grant could you point out the contradiction?
Has the random lashing out been productive?
And I was very much talking about on here,not at player's guests face to face, which I think you know....but that doesn't fit your narrative eh.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 12:17

I was also talking very much on here, on this thread. You should know that, if you weren't trying so hard to have a narrative it would've been clear, eh?

I'll make it clearer for you because evidently you've got the wrong end of the stick.

With regards to an incident that you didn't see, you were telling someone who had, that the the fan needs to grow up and that football wasn't for him, is that discussion? Seems more like you lashing out at the guy tbh.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 12:48

Quote:

Grant, Mon 7 Jan 12:17

I was also talking very much on here, on this thread. You should know that, if you weren't trying so hard to have a narrative it would've been clear, eh?

I'll make it clearer for you because evidently you've got the wrong end of the stick.

With regards to an incident that you didn't see, you were telling someone who had, that the the fan needs to grow up and that football wasn't for him, is that discussion? Seems more like you lashing out at the guy tbh.

It's been well cleared up there was a heated exchange with a player's guest, is that adult?
So yeah, he kinda needs to grow up and if you see that as me "lashing out" in the same way your argument dissolves right there.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 13:09

"It's been well cleared up there was a heated exchange with a player's guest, is that adult?
So yeah, he kinda needs to grow up and if you see that as me "lashing out" in the same way your argument dissolves right there"

He had a heated exchange, unless he was aware that it was a players guest and went out his way to start it with her, who it was doesn't come into the argument(By all accounts it was the partner who jumped into the argument, not through anything being directed at her), your adding that in to suit your agenda. Regardless getting in a heated exchange doesn't entail that you need to grow up or that you're not an adult, that's a ridiculous statement.

So yes, you're lashing out at him, but primarily you were lashing out at Bamba-Daft on here.

No argument dissolved here, carry on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 13:16

"so I can do whatever I want at EEP whilst seemingly being untouchable" It seems the best way to do that matey would be to date one of the players.

To clear up my thoughts, if he has been banned then the other party involved also needs banning, however judging by the stance taken on the statement it's pretty safe to assume this hasn't happened. It seems he's been taken for a quick look at what a kangaroo court looks like before being swiftly booted.

I'm surprised the fan in question even bothered trying to put money back into the club after the way he was hung out to dry on that statement, that was an instance where our chairman didn't bother asking for all sides of the story or even attempt to gather them before the chairman made a very public example of him in order to try and shore up a shoddy narrative.

If this chain of events had been Yorkston there would have been an uproar, quite rightly RM has Allot of goodwill but he's handled this situation really poorly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 13:17

Great post Grant. Rasta quite clearly lashes out in this circumstance. Its quite obvious the ones defending the chairman seem to have a vested interest in the club and are unable to remain objective. The club is an absolute mess on the pitch and it seems that has now spread to the boardroom. Sad times indeed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 14:05

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Mon 7 Jan 13:17

Great post Grant. Rasta quite clearly lashes out in this circumstance. Its quite obvious the ones defending the chairman seem to have a vested interest in the club and are unable to remain objective. The club is an absolute mess on the pitch and it seems that has now spread to the boardroom. Sad times indeed.

Lashes out😂
Sad times indeed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 14:59

Quote:

What a load of garbage. What happened to admins "deleted...absolute bollocks" option?

Clear case for it here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 15:04

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 07 Jan 14:59

Quote:

What a load of garbage. What happened to admins "deleted...absolute bollocks" option?

Clear case for it here.

But if that was an option then we’d never get to read any of your posts Parrot
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 15:22

😂😂😂.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 15:22

Ooooh
Burned 😂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 15:24

😂 Aye that's a telt.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 15:40

Made that too easy and got both barrels lol.
Doesn't change the fact it was a load of mince though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 15:55

Interesting the club bans fan involved in an argument (takes 2 people to argue remember) based on 1 side of a story and after repeatedly ignoring the apology offered once the dust had settled in the aftermath of the event (BEFORE the very public airing of dirty linen) yet club officials/volunteers within the club can have free voice on here, threaten others including previous players and families and rather than any action taken are welcomed to be the face of the club when the agenda suits them.

Sad times indeed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 16:39

Quote:

Grant, Mon 7 Jan 13:16

"so I can do whatever I want at EEP whilst seemingly being untouchable" It seems the best way to do that matey would be to date one of the players.

To clear up my thoughts, if he has been banned then the other party involved also needs banning, however judging by the stance taken on the statement it's pretty safe to assume this hasn't happened. It seems he's been taken for a quick look at what a kangaroo court looks like before being swiftly booted.

I'm surprised the fan in question even bothered trying to put money back into the club after the way he was hung out to dry on that statement, that was an instance where our chairman didn't bother asking for all sides of the story or even attempt to gather them before the chairman made a very public example of him in order to try and shore up a shoddy narrative.

If this chain of events had been Yorkston there would have been an uproar, quite rightly RM has Allot of goodwill but he's handled this situation really poorly.

Has he been banned ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 16:49

He was refused entry to the game on Saturday, that's a ban.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 16:54

So he has already served a ban for one match, based on what?

I'm sure as a so called fans run club this can be sorted out and a statement produced listing the facts.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 17:33

By the way did he get his money back as it was said he bought his ticket prior to the game?

Surely he should have been refused a ticket not entry to the ground otherwise that could be deemed as taking money under false pretences?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 17:35

Quote:

Grant, Mon 7 Jan 16:49

He was refused entry to the game on Saturday, that's a ban.

He was stopped getting into one game. I'm sure the guy in question will tell you if has been banned by the club. Sometimes there is more to a story than meets the eye.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: daviepars1885  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 18:41

So did the boy that had a confrontation with Muirhead get a ban????
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 20:32

Quote:

mach1, Sun 6 Jan 18:31

If you are not an apologist, you are a pretty avid supporter.

Your statement about how hard Ross works is contradictory when you say you don't know how hard previous Chairmen have and clearly indicates an admiration of Ross that allows you to be seemingly unable to criticise any Board decisions.

I don't recall anyone saying that releasing AJ will solve all our problems, but many feel that a change of management is necessary to add motivation to the the team and the crowd.

There are numerous examples on here, on various threads, of people not going to games, or saying they have had enough.

You say the Board are best placed to decide when the manager should go, but you have also said that Ross sees a role for AJ beyond being the football manager, which does concern me and others.

Sorry if I've touched a nerve GG, but you are maybe too close to the Board and maybe that can skew your perspective.
All the criticism cannot be misplaced and let's be honest, it is no gut reaction. It has been voiced for a long time now that AJ is not getting the best out of our players.

You haven't touched a raw nerve, mach1, I'm old enough and ugly enough to know that none of us are exempt from criticism and that you have to bale out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat. ☺

I just think Ross doesn't deserve the stick he's been getting on this thread. For sure, I'm appreciative of his vision for the club and maybe that makes me less than impartial, but we're not bosom buddies or anything like it. Some folk on this forum think he should sack AJ and that he's dithering too much. I believe if he hasn't there's a good reason for it. Remember he was instrumental in removing Jim Jefferies and John Potter when it clearly wasn't working out. I don't buy that he's too nice to sack anybody.

Sacking AJ may be the way forward, but I can't see it happening unless we become completely detached from the play off places.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAVEDAFC  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 20:40

Absolute disgrace that the boy was refused entry on Saturday. I don’t know him personally but I’ve seen him at games home and away all the time. The lack of communication from the board with the fans is embarrassing for a “fan owned” club. Seems like they only want to talk to us at the moment when they’re condemning us. A knee jerk reaction based on an argument at a football match. Very poor stuff.

https://thefitbawfiles.blog/

Blog on all things Scottish football, check it out!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 20:44

We will be in the play offs I’m sure. First game in them will be against East Fife
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 20:45

Fair enough, let's hope whatever happens works out best for the club and soon enough for us older ones to see a few more decent games sometime in the future.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 20:45

Quote:

DAVEDAFC, Mon 7 Jan 20:40

Absolute disgrace that the boy was refused entry on Saturday. I don’t know him personally but I’ve seen him at games home and away all the time. The lack of communication from the board with the fans is embarrassing for a “fan owned” club. Seems like they only want to talk to us at the moment when they’re condemning us. A knee jerk reaction based on an argument at a football match. Very poor stuff.

There is more to this than what's being said and only the boy himself can clear it up. Someone who knows, ask the lad if he's banned.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 20:48

Quote:

Blackandwhiteblood, Mon 07 Jan 20:45

Quote:

There is more to this than what's being said and only the boy himself can clear it up. Someone who knows, ask the lad if he's banned.

Do you for sure that there’s more to it than that?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 20:52

Quote:

1981par, Mon 7 Jan 20:44

We will be in the play offs I’m sure. First game in them will be against East Fife

The old 1981 Par is back......☹

You've often said on here that we only got into the play offs last season, thanks to a last gasp goal in Inverness. The reason so many fans are going into meltdown now, is due to a last gasp goal by Alloa on Saturday.

Fine margins.......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 21:31

One day too many statements from the club...the next not enough.
Pars fans eh.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 21:50

Quote:

You'll have been to all the supporters council meetings then? What with them being consistently jam packed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 22:26

''To clear up my thoughts, if he has been banned then the other party involved also needs banning, however judging by the stance taken on the statement it's pretty safe to assume this hasn't happened. It seems he's been taken for a quick look at what a kangaroo court looks like before being swiftly booted.''

Did anyone see the other person involved at the game on Saturday

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 22:32

Quote:

DAVEDAFC, Mon 7 Jan 20:48

Quote:

Quote:

Yes
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 23:58

Quote:

Blackandwhiteblood, Mon 07 Jan 22:32

Quote:

DAVEDAFC, Mon 7 Jan 20:48

Quote:

Quote:

Yes

Fair enough then.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: