DAFC.net
Home 22 March 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Statement from a supporter
Topic Originator: Murphy  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 13:41

As our chairman likes to make statements on issues that in particular, are detrimental to the club, I thought I would like to make one.

I will no longer be renewing my season ticket (one which I have had for many years now), until Alan Johnston has been removed as manager.

I am now sick fed up watching the same script unfold week after week whilst the manager stands on the sideline and does nothing. In the last 3 seasons there have been long periods were he has been found wanting and is clearly out of his depth. Even if by some miracle he does manage to turn things around....again, I do not believe him to be the man to take this club any further and the fact that we are losing supporters week in week out shows he is only having a detrimental effect on the club.
The people I feel sorry for the most, are the number of volunteers and supporters who have given up their time or spare cash in the form of the lifeline etc just to see any benefit from that being eroded away as time goes on. Dunfermline supporters have given up a lot over the last few years to make sure the club not only survived but to thrive also, only to get short changed by inept performances.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Statement from a supporter
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 14:08

Excellent post!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 14:27

Sport is entertainment. Football is entertainment. If you aren’t getting what you paid for then why go? Why do people continue to spend money on something that they aren’t getting? Football fans are being ripped off. Know why? Because they allow themselves to. There are better things out there worth your time and money. Some people go every week even though they know it’ll be garbage. I just don’t understand that mentality. If being a loyal fan is all you have in life then I genuinely pity you. I’ll return to games when I feel I’ll get some satisfaction out of it. After all, it’s only a game. Nothing more.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 14:50

This is really building up now. When you see the guys who clearly know their stuff saying it's time, that's good enough for me. I really did want him to succeed but sadly it's not going to happen.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 14:56

General Zod, Murphy you are entitled to your opinion. My own opinion is that, if we all thought like that and only turned up when all is rosy, you wouldn't have a club to follow when you decided it was " entertaining enough" to return. A club needs loyal fans ( who you claim to pity) to see it through the dark times that clubs like ours inevitably face. Yes, it's garbage right now but I'm not going to walk away, turn my back on the club and pitch up again when we're winning. No need to pity me either.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 15:01

Football is different. We have an emotional attachment, therefore we tend to make irrational or illogical decisions like continuing to go, regardless of the fayre.

That's not to say that anyone who wishes to stop going, should be criticised.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 06 Jan 15:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 15:01

Quote:

General Zod, Sun 6 Jan 14:27

Sport is entertainment. Football is entertainment. If you aren’t getting what you paid for then why go? Why do people continue to spend money on something that they aren’t getting? Football fans are being ripped off. Know why? Because they allow themselves to. There are better things out there worth your time and money. Some people go every week even though they know it’ll be garbage. I just don’t understand that mentality. If being a loyal fan is all you have in life then I genuinely pity you. I’ll return to games when I feel I’ll get some satisfaction out of it. After all, it’s only a game. Nothing more.

Careful Zod, you'll get the lecture brigade telling you you're not a true fan etc etc. I agree with you 100% incidentally. I have to jump through hoops to get to games. Days if not weeks of planning go into covering the responsibilities I have away from football just to get there. For the first time in my life I just don't have it in me to go. I don't enjoy the atmosphere and paying £18 a game + my lifeline money to watch AJ playing pocket billiards brings no joy to me.

Edited to point out that joy does not necessarily mean victory. I have been going for 39 years and have seen every kind of high and low possible.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"

Post Edited (Sun 06 Jan 15:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 15:11

It's a free country and everyone's entitled to their own opinion and to make their own choices. What I find strange is fans feeling the need to come on here and tell everyone that they no longer go to games or, in some cases, support the Pars. What's the motivation in doing that?

It's also quite revealing when you discover that some of the critics of the board/management/players don't actually go to games. I suspect all is not lost though. If you're fickle enough to abandon the club when things are going badly you're probably fickle enough to come back when things improve.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 15:12

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 6 Jan 15:11

It's a free country and everyone's entitled to their own opinion and to make their own choices. What I find strange is fans feeling the need to come on here and tell everyone that they no longer go to games or, in some cases, support the Pars. What's the motivation in doing that?

It's also quite revealing when you discover that some of the critics of the board/management/players don't actually go to games. I suspect all is not lost though. If you're fickle enough to abandon the club when things are going badly you're probably fickle enough to come back when things improve.

Some people work really hard throughout the week and want to enjoy the time they have off at the weekend. I wouldn't call that being fickle.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 15:15

In any game of football the chances are somebody will be disappointed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 15:16

It's possible that disgruntled fans of many years hope that their feelings will get through to the BOD and management and that change may be initiated as a responsible Board would not want to see fans and their accompanying revenue drifting away.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 15:25

Won't have a go at anyone for stopping going due to poor results, it's a lot of money to pay.

I'll continue to go as I get a kick out of it even when we're not playing well. Just a personal thing really.

The Prophet - 12/07/18.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 15:33

Cant argue with any of the Opening post at all.

Hundreds thinking the same thing. Time for Ross and the BOD to take definitive action and now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: average white par  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 16:40

"Just a personal thing really"

Five lonely words of wisdom there...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 16:48

Never went on Saturday, even though I have a season ticket. The thought of a silent east end, sh*te football and a high chance of another poor result made it an easy decision to do something else. The club needs a lift.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 16:51

Our average League Gate last season was 5312, Our average gate now is 4997 and going down every week. Don't think we counted the season ticket holders who didn't go last season also. The club is only going one direction and that is not a positive one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 17:08

It's alright saying we want the management out but do we want the same scenario as years gone bye and going into debt.I am not happy with the state of affairs of a club I love and have supported since 1957.I have seen the bad times and one of the lucky ones, the absolute fantastic times and football played let's get through this season and hope for better times.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 17:14

Quote:

FRED1981, Sun 06 Jan 17:08

It's alright saying we want the management out but do we want the same scenario as years gone bye and going into debt.I am not happy with the state of affairs of a club I love and have supported since 1957.I have seen the bad times and one of the lucky ones, the absolute fantastic times and football played let's get through this season and hope for better times.

No, ofcourse we don’t want the club to be spending money we don’t have. The club will be losing money massively in the coming weeks with walk up punters simply not bothering because the product on the park is woeful. It’s really not that hard to understand. Poor choices (sticking with the manager) & poor football = less people paying £18 at the gate. There is usually a group of about 10-12 of us go week in, week out... of that 10 I think there was only 2 or 3 max bothered on Saturday. That’s atleast £140 the club has missed out on just from my pals alone!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 18:29

Don't think not going when you can helps anyone. I want aj out tomorrow but will continue to support the players. We have to let them know that the manager is the problem in many of our eyes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 18:46

Everybody got the chance to tell the board they want a new manager at the supporters council. How many turned up. Thirty odds. Now if two or three hundred had appeared making their point, who knows what would have happened.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 19:38

Quote:

Blackandwhiteblood, Sun 6 Jan 18:46

Everybody got the chance to tell the board they want a new manager at the supporters council. How many turned up. Thirty odds. Now if two or three hundred had appeared making their point, who knows what would have happened.

Maybe more people's opinions have changed since then. I know a few myself included were willing to see him get more time.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 19:45

Not everyone can attend a meeting on a Thursday night. I was working. The format of the meeting also didn’t make it easy for any sort of protest. I’d honestly love to see some form of protest at the next home game, if the board are turning a blind eye to the noises from the crowd then it has to be put infront of their face.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 19:49

The timings of the meetings are rubbish tbf. We had a free weekend either the weekend before or after that would've been ideal but we had it on a Thursday night instead.

And if the board are genuinely unaware that the fans aren't happy with AJ you'd have to question if they're really fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 20:17

Not everyone can attend a meeting on a Thursday night. I was working. The format of the meeting also didn’t make it easy for any sort of protest. I’d honestly love to see some form of protest at the next home game, if the board are turning a blind eye to the noises from the crowd then it has to be put infront of their face

Mass walk out, if folk don't want to withhold funds.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 20:35

I waited to the end, the board must have heard the shouts from all areas of the ground. Until the crowd drops significantly little will be done, apart from a message from the chairman backing his manager.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 20:41

Don't agree with not going to the games in a form of protest, it only hurts the club and that's not what it's about.
Pay your money and protest by turning your back and not watching the dross If every one done this I'm sure the bod would get the message that enough is enough and we don't want to watch this anymore.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 20:50

That would never happen even if it was a good idea. It would do nothing to help the players on the park do better.

It's only eight days since a completely different form of demonstration at Falkirk was pretty unanimously praised.

I feel for the players that their boss and his boss seem to be ignoring self evident truths. Think we will have to demonstrate our displeasure in some other way and hope things get better before they get worse.

I think a diminishing crowd and income are the only things that will impact on the decision makers. Sadly that might be where things are heading.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 20:57

Maybe the players should take a hard look at themselves instead of the manager. We've lost an awful lot of points this season because of bad errors of judgement or execution by players at either end of the pitch. We all accept the manager is ultimately responsible because he signs the players and picks the team but I think they've let him and the fans down on numerous occasions this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 21:11

Quote:

Par, Sun 6 Jan 16:51

Our average League Gate last season was 5312, Our average gate now is 4997 and going down every week. Don't think we counted the season ticket holders who didn't go last season also..

We did.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 15:24

The drop in our average gate of 315 is actually quite a bit more than I thought it would be. That is pretty much equivalent to Cowdenbeath’s average home gate.

In monetary terms, allowing for VAT, admin, etc., that probably represents an income hole of about four thousand quid a fortnight. And that’s before programmes, club shop, food and drink sales.

All up, that’s likely to be a couple of players wages.

The board cannot let this exodus get much worse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 17:30

So, if what Oz says is correct our takings are down 4k a fortnight, then finding the money to pay off AJ is a no-brainer. Although....there is the possibility that those people might have found something better to do on a Saturday, and may never come back. Personally, I reckon I'm going to use the money I would have spent going to the game towards a nice meal and few pints in future
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 17:49

Thanks for sharing. Have a great time.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 17:52

With our biggest game of the season just around the corner surely the board will act? There is absolutely no chance I’m travelling to Kirkcaldy if that clueless clown is still in charge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 18:20

January is a notoriously difficult month for any club who have a large pay at the gate support. People just don't have spare £££.

However with the lack of Premiere League games we should also attract those supporters wanting a football fix while their clubs are not playing.

I'm sure if we were playing well we could well have ended up with a few of those to even things out, however losing 315 per game when gates are usually up over the festive period is worrying, as things will only improve when what is being offered on the pitch does.

In the mean time these absentees will quickly find or be cajoled into other activities on a Saturday afternoon making it harder for them to return.

Without change of manager only a convincing win over Utd is going to reverse in attendances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: broontroot  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 18:23

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Mon 7 Jan 17:52

With our biggest game of the season just around the corner surely the board will act? There is absolutely no chance I’m travelling to Kirkcaldy if that clueless clown is still in charge.

Stay at home then ..... thanks for sharing that
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 18:23

Our next home game isn't until 2 February so January's going to be tough anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 18:40

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 07 Jan 18:23

Our next home game isn't until 2 February so January's going to be tough anyway.

Should get half the gate money from the cup game ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 18:41

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 18:43

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Mon 7 Jan 18:41

Quote:

broontroot, Mon 07 Jan 18:23

Quote:

Quote of post reported as abusive removed.
Admin

She'll be at the game with me, so your going now ... great stuff
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 19:05

Quote:

broontroot, Mon 07 Jan 18:43

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote of removed post reported as abusive removed.
Admin.

Yep, looks like I’ll be going.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 19:12

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Mon 7 Jan 19:05

Quote:

broontroot, Mon 07 Jan 18:43

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote of post reported as abusive removed.
Admin

Yep, looks like I’ll be going.

Excellent

See .... your wee look at me, im no going , attention seeking post wasn't needed

I knew there was a real supporter in there somewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 20:06

[Post Deleted] - Personal attack on manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 20:10

Fully agree with the opening post, my father is on the verge of cancelling his lifeline subscription. Let's hear from the board...

Anything less than a win in Kirkcaldy, board sacks him once he steps foot back off the bus at EEP.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 20:26

I’ll try again without the sentence that I think got the post deleted:

AJ should have gone at the end of last season. Many of us (myself being one) said so at the time.

I have a season ticket but I don’t know if I can stand to go to many more home games. In my 20+ years of watching the pars I have never felt it to be such a chore as I do at the moment. I’ve always had a good reason to look forward to games but over the last two seasons these have been rapidly diminishing. It’s very depressing.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: