DAFC.net
Home 19 June 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 I genuinely feel that's enough now
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 14:41

It's time for the manager to go. I've been critical, but supportive, of the manager for some time now. I was hoping he would learn from his mistakes and make the necessary changes, but it would seem a leopard can't change it's spots.
I've been looking for posts, to see if anything has really changed. I don't think so.

Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend
Date: Sun 5 Aug 11:03

The manager has recruited very well and the early signs are that we have a better squad than last year. Let’s see if he can get the best out of them?
I already said that we could do with more central defenders.
Also, the change to a a back three has also shown that flexibility is required to keep your rivals guessing. I think we have been guilty of being too predicable in the past.
I’m interested to see how he does in games that are not going well.
All in all, there are plenty reasons to be optimistic and given a fair crack with injuries, I don’t see why we shouldn’t mount a title challenge.

Date: Mon 27 Aug 12:25

It just shows how important Morris was to our team.

We have had a couple of bad results but no need to panic yet. It's up the manager to get us out of this mini slump and he needs time to do it.

Date: Fri 31 Aug 12:58

Can’t say I’m overly excited about the signings and in areas where we are well served.
Muirhead could be ok for us. Let’s wait and see
I have my doubts about Martin in the hurly burly of this league. His attitude is not the best, I hear.

Welcome to the Pars

Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend Like: 1
Date: Sat 1 Sep 17:22

You just need to look at the goals against column to see what has to be the priority? Playing cumbersome players in a 3 is not working

Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend Like: 4
Date: Sat 1 Sep 18:23

I'm not the manager's biggest fan, as posters will know, but to call for his head now is mental.

He needs to be given time. He will know as well as the fans, that he has to change that system as, currently, it's square pegs in round holes

Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend - 1
Date: Sun 16 Sep 06:51

I think the tools are there to have a good season. I have my doubts about whether the manager can get the best out of them but he deserves more time. There has been quite a turnover in players

Date: Sat 13 Oct 22:07

The line up tells you that the manager wanted to win this game. The worry is another pretty poor display and a momentum stopper.
I think we should be worried

Date: Sat 13 Oct 22:09

It’s now the middle of October and he should know his best team and how he wants to play by now.
The clock is certainly ticking and we need to see better performances on a more consistent basis between now and the end of 2018.
If we don’t, then I’ll be calling for change

Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend Like: 1 - 1
Date: Sat 13 Oct 22:26

I think it’s fair to take stock at the end of December

Date: Sat 20 Oct 22:42

I actually think we have a stronger squad than last year, however, the manager has still to figure out how to make the best use of it.
The defence was a mess at the start of the season and, to his credit, he eventually saw the light and made changes that has saw us leak less goals.

He now needs to get the balance right in midfield and up front. In both areas of the park, he has not found the right blend and he needs to figure it out quickly, otherwise we can forget a top 4 place.

I'd start up front, firstly. The pairing of Ryan and FEB clearly doesn't work. Both lack the physicality needed to hold the ball up and win a fair share of the battles. Play one or the other, but not both.

The clock is ticking...

Date: Mon 22 Oct 17:02

December is the time to take stock, as I have said before. He has to find his best team and I expect to see some changes on Saturday.

Date: Mon 22 Oct 19:05

As I’ve mentioned on other threads, it’s up to the manager to find the right balance.
That balance can change depending on who we play. For example, in an away game at Dingwall, I’d play two holding midfielders
He got it wrong on Saturday. In my opinion, he only needed Vincent and could have played a more offensive player in Martin’s place

Date: Mon 22 Oct 21:28

Great examples in the Everton game yesterday and the Arsenal game tonight of how to affect a game with clever use of subs and tweaking of formations
I know it doesn’t always work but it’s energising when it does

Date: Sat 10 Nov 14:32

I’d like to see us go for the throat from the off. We have been too passive at home and allowed the away team a foothold in games
Plenty options off the bench if some are tiring second half as a result of the higher intensity

Date: Sat 10 Nov 19:15

Fais and Ryan don’t play well together. Keena going off forced him into a change. Going back to front, especially second half is no good to these two. A blind man can see it. What can’t our management team, who were both forwards, not see that ?
Muirhead came on and didn’t give the impression that he was desperate to get a starting spot. I put more effort in going up to my seat.
Somethings not right. The buck stops with the manager

Date: Sat 10 Nov 19:20

It’s time for tough discussions. If they decide his time is up, who do they bring in? Crawford the cheap option but a gamble. Have ex-pars in management been sounded out already ?
Not an easy call but feel that they have to pull the trigger. It’s not getting any better. That Falkirk team were there for the taking. McKinnon outsmarts AJ again

Date: Sun 11 Nov 10:25

The manager has failed to change the opinion i formed of him over a year ago. Maybe it’s even more than that?

Date: Mon 12 Nov 14:19

I wouldn’t have said that the goal was coming on Saturday, but certainly there had been a momentum shift about 15 mins prior. They were beginning to get more and more possession in midfield and I thought that a change would have been made.
Vincent on to provide a bit more strength and win some tackles might have stopped the Falkirk “uprising “ ?

Date: Sun 25 Nov 13:53

I’d hate to be a sub in AJ’s team. Would get more benefit going for a 10 mile run whilst the game is going on

Date: Sat 8 Dec 18:33

He’s lazy. I watched him closely last week

Date: Sun 9 Dec 12:29

Why not stiffen up that defence, AJ?
There were guys on the bench who would have done just that

Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend Like: 2
Date: Sat 22 Dec 18:00

I’d hate to be a striker in this team. It would seem that 80% of the time, they are contesting long, straight balls from our defenders. Any decent centre back pairing will lap that up.
The goalie kicks it from his hand most of the time. Our defenders are not taking the ball from the goalie and our midfielders are not coming short to take it off our defenders.
No build up from the back, no creative midfielders means even Harry Kane would struggle to get 10 gaols

Date: Sun 23 Dec 07:35

A striker needs chances. We don’t create enough chances.
I’d rather have a creative midfielder

Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend Like: 2
Date: Sat 5 Jan 16:51

Can’t say I’m surprised. Alloa been the better side this half. Manager makes no changes other than an enforced one ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: I genuinely feel that's enough now
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 6 Jan 14:48

Hard to argue with that.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end