DAFC.net
Home 22 January 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dundee want Byrne
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 17:08

Today's Courier says Dundee interested in getting Shaun Byrne, saying there may be competition from Hibs and some English League 1 sides.

He has a year and a half on his contract, so Livi could get a decent financial boost if he is taken up.

Quite a transformation for the guy.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dundee want Byrne
Topic Originator: Kozmaisgod  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 17:31

Not sure Dundee would be a pod option for him, they look doomed and favourites for the drop with St Mirren. He’s been excellent for Livi and a move to English League 1 would be good for him financially. No rush for him with plenty time on his contract.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 19:42

Glad we got rid of rubbish like him.Proves AJ knows his stuff.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Mon 7 Jan 23:39

As much as Dundee are a bigger club, strikes me as a very sideways move. Hope he holds out for something better.

The Prophet - 12/07/18.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Tue 8 Jan 08:48

Who was it that released Sean Byrne from us?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Tue 8 Jan 09:23

Quote:

renegade master, Tue 8 Jan 08:48

Who was it that released Sean Byrne from us?

Himself.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Tue 8 Jan 11:03

He should definitely see out the season with Livi and then look at his prospects then. The way Livi play suits Byrne style and he’s not likely to be drawn into a relegation dogfight.

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 8 Jan 12:08

I thought Shaun looked a classy player when he first broke into the side, with a good eye for a pass, but he rather lost his way a bit. I thought he was maybe a bit soft, compared to some of the cloggers he played against in League 1.

He's certainly done well and toughened up a bit into the bargain. He's a smashing lad and I wish him well, wherever he ends up. I wouldn't rule out a return, either. He still has quite a few pals in the team and I've seen him at a few games at EEP when Livi don't have a game.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stevopars1984  
Date:   Tue 8 Jan 19:58

Why would he want to come back to dunfermline under Johnston who never played him? He’s kicked on massively since he’s left us and looks like he’s going to get a good move for himself. Can’t belibe we never played him and played boys like Geggan and falkingham who were no where near his ability
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Tue 8 Jan 20:17

I would rather have Geggan and Falkingham in my team before scared to tackle draw back Byrne .If he gave the same fighting qualities as these two fair enough it's alright playing silky football but you must have to be a bit hard with it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 8 Jan 20:17

We didn't suit Byrne and Byrne didn't suit us, he has to play in a midfield heavy formation like he does at Livi. Livi know most of their players aren't premiership level, but when you put players in the right positions and a system that suits them, they excel. Look at Ayr as well. We have arguably better players than Ayr but are they all playing in a a system or style that suits them? No, also the coaching at Livi also seems to have toughened him up and become a smarter player than he was here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: orco  
Date:   Tue 8 Jan 23:51

Whatever Byrne was I can assure you he would never be described by any Livi fan as "scared to tackle draw back Byrne" Quite the contrary actually.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 00:07

I thought he was a quality player that maybe just lacked a bit of experience. AJ clearly didn’t rate him so he was punted out the door. Great eye for a player our gaffer eh ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stevopars1984  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 00:09

Why would you rather have Geggan or falky because they ran around like headless chickens slide tackling and kissing badge now and again. Our loss has been livi gain. Wouldn’t say we had better players either
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 00:21

Never thought Byrne would make a solid holding midfielder but that’s exactly what Livingston have made him. Sportscene focused on him after they played hibs earlier on in the season and the amount of solid tackles he made was unbelievable, when you think back to the role he played with us. Good luck to him, he’s a decent lad & deserves the success he’s found.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 08:46

It's all about timing in a way.

Byrne has developed greatly in the last couple of years.

He has experienced personal traumatic events as well as career change and matured as an individual.

Who would have given the young Denis Law much of a chance in his very early days.

"In the 1954–55 season, he was spotted by Archie Beattie, a scout for Huddersfield Town, who invited 14 year-old Law to go for a trial. When he got there, the manager said, "The boy's a freak. Never did I see a less likely football prospect – weak, puny and bespectacled." However, to Law's surprise, they signed him on 3 April 1955. While he was at Huddersfield, he had an operation to correct his squint, which greatly enhanced his self-confidence."

Sometimes it needs a good football scout to assist managers in assessing potential.

Hope Shaun's career continues to develop.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: petrie_pants  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 08:49

Sometimes a player needs a fresh challenge to bring the best out in him and that seems to be the case with Byrne.
I don't remember too many people getting upset when he left.
Fair play to Livi, the coaches in there saw something in him and along with the lad's hard work he's become a top midfielder.
Continues to progress in the way he has the past year or so then won't be a kick in the backside away from a Scotland call up either.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: