DAFC.net
Home 22 January 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Thank You
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 14:15

with confirmation that Mr Johnston has left I'd like to place on record a thank you for his time at the club.

Pros/cons have been discussed to death on here but ultimately this is someone losing a job.

Joining after we had toiled for a period and relegation to League 2 was a very real possibility there was stability as well as quick success in achieving promotion at his first time of asking.

Big turnarounds in playing squad at season end seemed to be the norm and we had a safe season stepping up into championship with a strong hibs side as well as newly relegated dundee utd.

Last season again big change in squad and a tremendous second half of the season saw us progress again and make the promotion play off.

Once again big turnaround in playing squad in the summer and as discussed again in last few days a very optimistic outlook from most fans going into this season given the calibre of players coming in. Sadly it hasn't worked for whatever reason.

You leave with the best wishes of most fans for turning the fortunes of the club around and progressing us as a team year on year.

* Edit as now confirmed*

one other thing I omitted earlier was the enthralling way we played at times. I recall some social media posts i made about how well we played.The LEague cup run at the time summed us up. 5-1 cowden in AJ first game at EEP. Applauded off at HT 0-0 and the football we played was phenomenal. Home to Dundee 3-1 win and we battered them. 1-1 in 9-0 mins at tannadice only to lose in extra time.

That run of 3/4/5/6/7 goals in games incredible.

Post Edited (Wed 09 Jan 15:39)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Thank You
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 14:17

Well said buddy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 14:18

Well said.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  

Absolutely.

It’s the right decision but we had some good times worth remembering.

He took us out that horrible league and gave us some great moments to cherish. I do wish him all the best in the future.

*edited post official statement

Post Edited (Wed 09 Jan 14:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Wed 09 Jan 14:15

with rumours mounting that Mr Johnston has left I'd like to place on record a thank you for his time at the club.

Pros/cons have been discussed to death on here but ultimately this is someone losing a job.

Joining after we had toiled for a period and relegation to League 2 was a very real possibility there was stability as well as quick success in achieving promotion at his first time of asking.

Big turnarounds in playing squad at season end seemed to be the norm and we had a safe season stepping up into championship with a strong hibs side as well as newly relegated dundee utd.

Last season again big change in squad and a tremendous second half of the season saw us progress again and make the promotion play off.

Once again big turnaround in playing squad in the summer and as discussed again in last few days a very optimistic outlook from most fans going into this season given the calibre of players coming in. Sadly it hasn't worked for whatever reason.

You leave with the best wishes of most fans for turning the fortunes of the club around and progressing us as a team year on year.

Couldn’t agree more. Really good and fair post
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 14:20

Toiling with relegation to League 2 is total BS. Will never accept that narrative.

The Prophet - 12/07/18.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Slevin Kelevra  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 14:20

Aye, with all being said and done, he’s leaving the club in a better position than when he took over. So for that, I’m thankful.

We got style and we got grace
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 14:21

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Wed 9 Jan 14:15

with rumours mounting that Mr Johnston has left I'd like to place on record a thank you for his time at the club.

Well said .Sometimes things dont work out for some reason .My best wishes for the future AJ .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 14:23

100% nailed it PuP.

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 14:26

Good luck AJ - All the best for the future.

Football & its supporters are a hard bunch to please

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 14:26

Echo the above. I along with others have given AJ a hard time, but have to thank him for taking us up then consolidating our position in the championship. There is a lot of potential for the club going forward. All the best to AJ, hope he gets a new job soon and progresses as a manager
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 14:32

Did well to start with !! so we have much to thank him for those good times
Just didn't work out for him of late
All the Best for the future
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mars par  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 14:33

We've come far under AJ and I think we were all optimistic of the squad he'd assembled at the start of this season

I'm sorry it didn't work out
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 14:37

Thank You Allan and Sandy for you time at DAFC. All the best for the future.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 14:41

It's the correct decision for him to go, but he's left the club in a better position than when he found it, he's always came across well so I wish him every success in the future. Some time out the game to have a rest and a think could be the making of him, McIntyre improved as a manager after he left us, went to different teams in England and seen how they operated.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Skerla  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 15:12

Good post Pompey.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 15:26

Fabulous manager in 1st Division, and I thank him for giving us that great season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 15:27

Best wishes for the future to Allan and Sandy. I did think AJ's body language and demeanour after the Alloa match suggested that he knew his time had come.

Callum Morris and Nicky Clark have not been adequately replaced (to say nothing of Aird and McManus) and the management team has paid the price.

Football (at least at our level) is a game of such narrow margins and what-if's. I still see some people implying we only reached the Premiership play-offs because of a last-minute equaliser, which simply isn't true - goals and points are scored and won at any time during a match or season, and we qualified on merit. The big what-if for me is what might have happened had Ashcroft not been wrongly red-carded in the Dundee United play-off match.

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 15:32

Let's hope we don't do a Raith Rovers when they sacked the ex hearts man and brought in John Hughes. They plumetted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 15:45

Cheers to AJ

Loved the promotion year, El Bak was unplayable, and of course the stunning 4-1,5-1,6-1 and 7-1 sequence of results..where I won a few quid. Cheers also to Scullion

Great getting back to the championship was imprortant and we did it in style, and some great results against Falkirk in recent seasons has been nice. Also the performance up at Tannadice in the play off was very good, and we didn't deserve to go out

Really felt this season would be an improvement, after the cup games at the start and the Tannadice win

Don't feel Aj could get his head around the fact it was going wrong, and just couldn't find the answers.

Sure he be in a new job soon.

Jobby!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 15:59

Good post. Hopefully onwards and upwards now!

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 16:12

The King is dead long live the King

Best of luck to Stevie Crawford for Saturday, let’s get a big support up to Dundee and get right behind the team and whoever is on the sideline till the new manager is confirmed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigSolBamba  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 16:14

Thank you AJ, the memories of league 1 are superb 👍🏻
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 17:05

I have very mixed feelings at the News.

We are all very grateful at what AJ and Sandy achieved from May 2015.

I agree that wretched Refereeing decisions ,notably Craig Thomson at Hamilton and Bobby Madden in the Premiership Play Off match, changed History.

That said,I feared that,as the critics argued,he could not take us any further.

For a club with bigger Gates than half the Premiership, that was never going to be acceptable.

I had never met a more likeable and approachable Manager ,though those are not the criteria on which you are judged.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 17:21

He did a good job, got the club back on a stable footing and got us back to a decent position in the division.

Seemed like a decent person too so wish him all the best.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 17:27

He did a good job overall here and there was quite a few memorable games as well as romping to the League One title.
Thanks AJ and SC and all the best for the future.

Awight Pat!

Post Edited (Wed 09 Jan 17:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 18:35

He did overall a good job but he couldn’t take us further. Said this last season when we finished 4th but yet people were still AJ fans.

He wasn’t helped with Murdochs injury, Morris Mcmanus and Clark all leaving for more money.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Number Eleven  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 18:47

AJ achieved the targets set for him each full season. As noted above he leaves the club in a better position than he found it so taken overall his tenure has been a success. He conducted himself well in his dealings with the media and I think leaves with his reputation enhanced.

DA are the number one
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 18:55

Naaaaaaah
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 19:38

I concur with the sentiments expressed in the OP, but I'm amazed at some posters who were asking for AJ's head on a plate, now admitting that he did a decent job during his time at EEP, that he was unlucky with key players leaving for more money and with injuries, and that he leaves the club in a better place......

The same posters who said we were heading for relegation if he wasn't sacked immediately. Go figure.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 19:41

He did do a decent job, however he should have been gone a couple of months ago, you can say both without being wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 19:46

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 9 Jan 19:38

I concur with the sentiments expressed in the OP, but I'm amazed at some posters who were asking for AJ's head on a plate, now admitting that he did a decent job during his time at EEP, that he was unlucky with key players leaving for more money and with injuries, and that he leaves the club in a better place......

The same posters who said we were heading for relegation if he wasn't sacked immediately. Go figure.

Give it a rest. He did a good job in his tenure here but he has rightly been bulleted. Saturday was another game to add the multiple this season where he has been caught short and outwitted by an opposing manager.

Awight Pat!

Post Edited (Wed 09 Jan 19:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 19:50

I think the general consensus is that he did overall a good job for us but it is the right time for something new.
It was a reasonable target for us to at least be in the top two or three this season and not being in a situation that we are nearer to the bottom than the top.

Simple truth is , our home form has been abysmal this season and the players look nervous.
No real leader on the park to gee the lads up but a bunch of individuals who haven't managed to gel properly.
AJ has to take some responsibility for that and admit it hasn't worked out even with the best of intentions.
It is simply time for something new and different but for me he and Sandy go with my best wishes and thanks for everything they have done and tried to do.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 19:52

Overall he did a ok job GG Riva. He couldn’t take the Pars any further and had to be replaced. The loss of key players didn’t help him but has has left us in a better way.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 19:54

Good OP agree 100 per cent
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsclub  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 23:12

That’s football for you.

Good and bad times, circumstances, decisions and results.

It is what it is but ultimately a change was needed.

Some good times but you can say the same for most pars managers.

All the best to them.

HF05
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 23:55

Thanks for your efforts, all the best in the future.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par Dunc 24  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 01:12

All the best to AJ and Sandy it's been some great times and some not so good. Nobody can take away some of the attacking football we have played over the years sadly it wasn't meant to be.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 06:06

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Wed 9 Jan 19:46

Quote:

Give it a rest. He did a good job in his tenure here but he has rightly been bulleted. Saturday was another game to add the multiple this season where he has been caught short and outwitted by an opposing manager.

I agree that ultimately the Board had no choice but to act, Frank, as we haven't continued the progress targeted, but if I'd been one of those posters who'd described AJ as "a clueless clown", or worse and stated that I wouldn't be back at EEP until he was gone, I wouldn't have been posting any platitudes on this thread.

It reeks of hypocrisy, imo.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 07:24

Agree with GG regarding hypocrisy .
I hadn't posted on this thread until now .
For what it"s worth , I'm glad to see the back of them .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 08:42

Quote:

Parsweep, Thu 10 Jan 07:24

Agree with GG regarding hypocrisy .
I hadn't posted on this thread until now .
For what it"s worth , I'm glad to see the back of them .

That's fair enough, Parsweep. You wanted them out and they've gone, so you're not crying any crocodile tears.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 08:58

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 10 Jan 06:06

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Wed 9 Jan 19:46

Quote:

I agree that ultimately the Board had no choice but to act, Frank, as we haven't continued the progress targeted, but if I'd been one of those posters who'd described AJ as "a clueless clown", or worse and stated that I wouldn't be back at EEP until he was gone, I wouldn't have been posting any platitudes on this thread.

It reeks of hypocrisy, imo.

This.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 09:15

It's a sad thing to lose your job whatever the circumstances, but the clamour against the team and the manager's performances was growing by the week.

Some players were not improving individually, the team's performances were often poor in many people's eyes, including my own and the manager himself did not appear to be developing or changing what many people saw as negative traits.

Though I never called for his departure, I am certainly not retracting the displeasure I voiced over this season, on here and in offline discussions.
Like most others I wish him and Sandy well for the future and whoever becomes our new management team all the best as well.

The call has been made and we can only hope it works out for the better with an 'Ole effect'. The big differences being that we are heading into three difficult away games and there will be no open wallet to help our new manager, by comparison with Solsjkaer.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: