DAFC.net
Home 18 June 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 So many questions
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 15:11

Crawford in charge, but for how long ? Does he even want to take the role till the end of the season ?

New manager asap or end of season ?

Transfer window, many teams active particularly those underneath us, does Crawford get any movement. ?

Has this been coming hence no movement or any rumours linking us to anyone in this window

Undoubtedly this is the right call but the timing as I feared is brutal, it shouldnt come as a surprise should a new manager with the same group of players fail to do any better than the man who signed them, he needs to incorportate his own ways.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: So many questions
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 15:12

let’s just let the dust settle a bit first

Post Edited (Wed 09 Jan 15:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 15:14

If the rumours are true and he has resigned rather than been sacked then it's hard to complain about the timing. There are still 22 days of the month to get a new manager in before the end of the transfer window so it's not a total disaster.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 15:20

If anyone thinks AJ and Sandy walked without a pay off, they are buttoned up the back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 15:23

I am sure they would have gotten something but a lot less that we would have had to pay ythem if they had been sacked.

They have been pushed for sure but official line is that AJ resigned and that would have meant a negotiated settlement ...50% of what they were due perhaps ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 15:32

Always better on your resume that you resigned not fired /released .Probably a mutual agreement on that part .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 19:52

Quote:

Rigger Al, Wed 9 Jan 15:32

Always better on your resume that you resigned not fired /released .Probably a mutual agreement on that part .

I can't imagine it will make a huge difference to AJ when the next managerial vacancy turns up. Whether he resigned or was sacked will be irrelevant. Most club chairmen will regard him as a manager who failed in his last job, so it will be hard for him to get back into the game, imo.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: coventrypar  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 20:12

He didn’t fail in this job. He did as was asked and left while still possible to hit this years target. He did as asked. ie achieved targets.

"If you have no kind words to say you should say nothing more at all"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 20:31

I agree with you coventrypar.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 21:39

Still over two thirds of the transfer window remaining. Plenty time should we decide to dip our toe into the transfer market.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 21:42

AJ will get a league 1 job with ease, proven winner at that level
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 22:23

Rovers won’t get promoted this year, he’ll walk into that job. Or if the likes of partick/Falkirk do eventually go down. He’s proven at that level (albeit when the odds are in his favour).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 06:42

Quote:

coventrypar, Wed 9 Jan 20:12

He didn’t fail in this job. He did as was asked and left while still possible to hit this years target. He did as asked. ie achieved targets.

I didn't day he'd failed, Coventry. I said he'll be regarded as a failure. He hasn't fulfilled his much quoted 2 year contract. Whether he jumped or was pushed will cut no ice with potential employers in the near future.

Just look at the new manager thread. Almost every suggestion I picked over by other posters examining that manager's record of achievement. Hardly anyone mentions whether they were sacked or left of their own accord.

Has Mourinho not been sacked more often than AJ? I'll bet most folk would take him in a heartbeat if it wasn't so fanciful.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end