DAFC.net
Home 19 June 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Man City v Burton
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 21:36

I see the magic of the EFL cup won't extend to the second leg......

Will they make it to double figures?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Man City v Burton
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 22:54

Absolutely phenomenal from Man City. So easy to take the foot of the gas but they really are a well oiled machine. They butchered that Burton defence. It was barbaric. I felt for them, I really did .
Come on they are Human, rights???”
Has to be said though , Pep Guardialo is a genius. His team talk ....
“Go and earn your £150k a week guys”

Post Edited (Wed 09 Jan 23:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsclub  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 23:06

Leicester will be kicking themselves

HF05
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 23:07

I think they genuinely wanted double figures as it's so rare that you see that in a game.

Minutes to go and they were still hunting in packs trying to force it.

Credit Burton, they had a half decent 10 to 15 minute spell in the first half when they did ok but ultimately the class and depth of the City squad told.

I also think Pep wanted the fixture dead so he good use the game time in the 2nd leg for anyone needing game time plus a lot of youngsters.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 23:12

Quote:

londonparsfan, Wed 09 Jan 23:07

I think they genuinely wanted double figures as it's so rare that you see that in a game.

Minutes to go and they were still hunting in packs trying to force it.

Credit Burton, they had a half decent 10 to 15 minute spell in the first half when they did ok but ultimately the class and depth of the City squad told.

I also think Pep wanted the fixture dead so he good use the game time in the 2nd leg for anyone needing game time plus a lot of youngsters.

Man City’s reaction to the two defeats has been impressive.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 23:19

They were actually ok in the two games they lost bar the defensive mistakes they made that contributed to goals they conceded. There were also a few terrific strikes that went in against them too.

Also helps that KDB and David Silva are returning from injury so they've been able to pitch in a bit too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Jan 23:51

Quote:

londonparsfan, Wed 09 Jan 23:19

They were actually ok in the two games they lost bar the defensive mistakes they made that contributed to goals they conceded. There were also a few terrific strikes that went in against them too.

Also helps that KDB and David Silva are returning from injury so they've been able to pitch in a bit too.

Who scored that wonder strike for Palace? That’s goal of the season so far.
I think Wolves’ Rúben Neves will have a few contenders by the end of the season as well . He is a player.

My girlfriends childhood best friend is a Portuguese lad. Knows his stuff about the game. Told me 4 years ago to look out for Renato Sanchez, Andre Silva and Rúben Neves. I respected his opinion until I seen Renato Sanchez play for Swansea. Tried to play a 1-2 with an advertisement board.

Post Edited (Wed 09 Jan 23:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 00:06

Andros Townsend scored the screamer for Palace - right up there for goal of the season

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 00:20

It was Andros Townsend that scored the worldie but Schlupp scored a really high quality goal as well (Walker should have done better but it doesn't take away from the quality of the finish) that was largely over looked.

Alrbrighton scored a very good goal for Leicester too.

City have been getting linked with Neves for a couple of years but I'm not sure if that's just paper talk linking a good player with a bigger club. Half the time you never know if it's a leak from an agent to get a new contract but he certainly looks like he can play.

Andre Silva has certainly done the business internationally although struggled a bit at Milan and Bayern seem to rate Sanches even though his spell at Swansea was terrible.

I thought that was a real coup for Swansea when they got him especially after cashing in on Sigurdsson. He looked like he might be able to plug the gap a bit but the game here just seemed to run round him. I think he could be a player that has a decent career but doesn't quite reach the very top echelons because he's maybe not quite adaptable enough. Decent without being a world beater with everyone skipping past the Swansea years when they do a review of his career.

Could be a bit like Forlan where it just didn't work out in the UK although he's maybe not quite as proficient as Forlan was as he was excellent everywhere bar United and I don't think Sanches is quite that good.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 10:33

Burton were the ones that took their foot off the gas. After the fifth a few crunching tackles from Burton would have given City pause for thought.

Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 15:41

If were playing Football Manager as Man City manager and the Crystal Palace and Leicester games happened against me, I guarantee I would have 'rage quit'. 2-3 wonder strikes, with very few other shots on target, multiple near misses at the other end - I would have quit the game for 'cheating' me, with unrealistic things that would never happen in 'real life'.

City's response has been impressive - they've kept the pressure on Liverpool; let's so how Liverpool cope with 'squeaky bum time'.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end