DAFC.net
Home 22 January 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Crawford and sheilds
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:04

Announced its Stevie C and Greg Sheilds

Jackie McNamara and his company will help the club and board

Post Edited (Thu 10 Jan 16:06)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Crawford and sheilds
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:05

Quote:

RMGpar, Thu 10 Jan 16:04

Permanent?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:05

Yes rolling contracts
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:06

Statement says "rolling contracts" with Jackie McNamara and his consultancy providing technical support. Certainly some changes with how the club is going to be run from now on
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:06

Stevie Crawford joined by Greg Shields as DAFC announce new footballing structure.

Dunfermline Athletic Football Club are delighted to announce a number of changes to its football management structure.

Ross McArthur, Chairman stated “Stevie Crawford has been appointed Head Coach with immediate effect. Stevie has many years’ experience in the game as a full time player and coach, and achieved success at the highest level. As a player he represented his country on 25 occasions and made over 200 appearances for our club. Stevie has been First Team Coach/Reserve Team Manager since the start of the season so his appointment also provides much needed stability and continuity through his existing knowledge of our club and players. Stevie has impressed everyone since coming to our club with his energy, preparation and professionalism. He is really hungry to be successful and relishes the opportunity to take our club forward.

Greg Shields has also been appointed to the coaching staff. Like Stevie, Greg has many years’ experience in the game, also playing at the highest level. He too enjoyed many successes at East End Park, making over 200 appearances for our club. Greg moved with his family to the USA 9 years ago, to broaden his horizons, first as a player, and then as a highly regarded coach at Carolina developing young players and integrating them into a first team environment.

Both Stevie and Greg have been appointed on permanent rolling contracts.

It is our intention to appoint another coach to Stevie’s team in due course, and discussions are ongoing with a number of candidates at this stage.

We are also delighted to announce that Jackie McNamara and his sports consultancy company, Consilium Sports, have agreed to assist the club providing ongoing technical support to the Board. This is another important and exciting step to further aid our football development.

We hope that today’s announcement will provide a welcome boost to our loyal supporters, and we ask that all Pars fans get behind the new coaching team and players as there is still so much to play for this season.”

Further reaction from the coaching staff will be provided after Saturday’s game against Dundee United.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:08

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_announce_Stevie_Crawford_as_Head_Coach&ID=11034

Stevie Crawford joined by Greg Shields as DAFC announce new footballing structure.

Dunfermline Athletic Football Club are delighted to announce a number of changes to its football management structure.

Ross McArthur, Chairman stated:-

“Stevie Crawford has been appointed Head Coach with immediate effect. Stevie has many years’ experience in the game as a full time player and coach, and achieved success at the highest level. As a player he represented his country on 25 occasions and made over 200 appearances for our club.

"Stevie has been First Team Coach/Reserve Team Manager since the start of the season so his appointment also provides much needed stability and continuity through his existing knowledge of our club and players. Stevie has impressed everyone since coming to our club with his energy, preparation and professionalism. He is really hungry to be successful and relishes the opportunity to take our club forward.

Greg Shields has also been appointed to the coaching staff. Like Stevie, Greg has many years’ experience in the game, also playing at the highest level. He too enjoyed many successes at East End Park, making over 200 appearances for our club. Greg moved with his family to the USA 9 years ago, to broaden his horizons, first as a player, and then as a highly regarded coach at Carolina developing young players and integrating them into a first team environment.

Both Stevie and Greg have been appointed on permanent rolling contracts.

It is our intention to appoint another coach to Stevie’s team in due course, and discussions are ongoing with a number of candidates at this stage.

We are also delighted to announce that Jackie McNamara and his sports consultancy company, Consilium Sports, have agreed to assist the club providing ongoing technical support to the Board. This is another important and exciting step to further aid our football development.

We hope that today’s announcement will provide a welcome boost to our loyal supporters, and we ask that all Pars fans get behind the new coaching team and players as there is still so much to play for this season.”

Further reaction from the coaching staff will be provided after Saturday’s game against Dundee United.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:09

Quote:

Sounds like on overly complicated structure and us getting stuffed with McNamara's players.

Very strange indeed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:09

Really surprised by that. Hopefully he’s improved from his East Fife days.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:10

Underwhelmed to the point of dejected.
I wish them well but not exactly an inspiring or imaginative appointment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: p4r5f4n  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:10

By the speed of this it looks like the board have been working on it for more than a couple of days!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:11

Quote:

elvis_lives, Thu 10 Jan 16:09

Quote:

Sounds like on overly complicated structure and us getting stuffed with McNamara's players.

Very strange indeed.

Good move....McNamaras players? Sure there miles out our league, Andy Robertson maybe?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: seagull1  

Best of luck to them both. Hopefully both being ex pars men should help them settle in & maybe given a bit more patience with the fans.

Wonder who the 3rd person will be? Maybe an older head?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  

All the very best to Stevie and Greg. Will be interesting to see how this develops.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:13

Wee bit surprised but Best of luck to them. Let’s get behind them and hopefully proves to be a good choice.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:13

Jimmy Nicholl?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAVEDAFC  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:16

I like it. Sounds like a lot of thought has gone into this. Big support up at tannadice and let’s get off to a decent start.

We’re on our way! We’re on our way! 🇾🇪🏁🍻
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:19

3 ex players who all know the club, of it doesn’t work we can spend a month getting the right person in the summer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:20

A fresh idea, something the club was very much needing. Not the most inspiring of appointments but let’s see how it pans out.

I notice it’s “head coach” rather than manager too. Not quite sure how different his role will be because of that. With McNamara providing technical support it gives me the impression he’ll be a director of football of sorts.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:24

Too many cooks. This all seems very bizarre.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:24

c'mon stanza when is the supports council/meet the manager night?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsj  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:27

People dismissing this before a ball has been kicked, after a while you start to question what supporting a football team actually means to some folk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Inchkeithpar  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:29

Glad that AJ is out and at the risk of sounding like a moanin barsteward I don’t like this appointment , yes he knows that club but he has very little experience as a manager and what experience he has was a disaster . Would have rathered Darren Young myself but honestly I’m just glad AJ is away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1957Par  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:35

Bold, brave, innovative and a new direction for the pars management structure. I like it. Hopefully this move can help progress our club, eventually, to the top league and some much needed stability there. COYP.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:36

"Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey |
Date: Thu 10 Jan 16:24

c'mon stanza when is the supports council/meet the manager night?"

Arrangements for the Supporters' Council have been managed by Drew Main, since he was appointed as the club's Supporter Liaison Officer.

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Clarko  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:36

More than happy to give Crawford and Shields a chance to show what they can do.

The MacNamara bit concerns me though. They're obviously a business in their own right and will have an obligation to look after themselves. So will any 'support' and 'assistance' that they provide always be completely impartial and in the best interests of DAFC..?

The fact that they’re there at all seems like an admission from the board that they know how to look after the pounds and pence but struggle with the 'football aspect' of things.

Post Edited (Thu 10 Jan 16:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:41

Sounds to me as if the third appointment will be someone with more managerial experience. We've got Craw and Sheilds who both know, and are well connected to, the club. They were easy appointments to make. I think the third will take longer as I guess it'll be someone outwith the Pars network that the board will need more time to consider. And I guess they will be receiving applications as we speak.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:42

Quote:

parsj, Thu 10 Jan 16:27

People dismissing this before a ball has been kicked, after a while you start to question what supporting a football team actually means to some folk

I don't see any dismissal, you must like the drama, I've seen it said it's uninspiring, which really, it largely is.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:43

How utterly underwhelming. Seriously disappointed by this. Hope I get proved wrong but I can’t see this being a good idea.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:44

I’m really trying not to be dejected by this. I was filled with such hope we would get the appointment spot on, it was a nice 24hrs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:44

But Rasta, General & Never,

wait for the third man. As I say, could be a bigger name? Someone with more managerial stature and credentials? Would make sense to me.

Post Edited (Thu 10 Jan 16:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:52

Quote:

onandupthepars, Thu 10 Jan 16:44

wait for the third man. As I say, could be a bigger name? Someone with more managerial stature and credentials? Would make sense to me.

I notice Stevie is "head coach" so maybe....I'm gonna bet it's their pal Nipper.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: HalbeathRoad  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:54

Quote:

Rastapari, Thu 10 Jan 16:52

Quote:

I notice Stevie is "head coach" so maybe....I'm gonna bet it's their pal Nipper.

Here’s hoping.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 16:56

Crawford replaces AJ
Shields replaces Clark
3rd coach replaces Crawfords old role I guess

McNamara is, helping as an agent type thing? Lost on what his exact role is. I cant find much info out about Consilium sports

Jobby!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:00

All the best to them. Won’t be easy as they’re the most inexperienced management team in the league and will be expected to get results. Hopefully it works out and if it doesn’t pray that we avoid 9th/10th place.

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:01

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Thu 10 Jan 16:54

Quote:

Rastapari, Thu 10 Jan 16:52

Quote:

Here’s hoping.

Hiya Nipper, hiya pal.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:05

I'm interested in Jackie McNamara's involvement in this. His company is called Consilium Sports Limited. It's based in York and was first registered in April 2018 so no financial information is available yet. The directors are Jackie and Samantha McNamara. There's a US group called Consilium Sports which seems to be an agency which helps players with contract negotiations and helps players find careers after they stop playing but I can't see any evidence that Jackie's company is connected to this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:05

Good luck to them both. I'm not 100% convinced but at the very least it's a bit different from the norm. I'm glad it's not one of the usual out-of-work jobbers quoted & while I wanted Goodwin or maybe even Petrie neither were guaranteed to succeed.

COYP!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:06

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Thu 10 Jan 16:19

3 ex players who all know the club, of it doesn’t work we can spend a month getting the right person in the summer

Well we know a manager with a track record of getting teams out of League 1 😉
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:08

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 10 Jan 17:05

I'm interested in Jackie McNamara's involvement in this. His company is called Consilium Sports Limited. It's based in York and was first registered in April 2018 so no financial information is available yet. The directors are Jackie and Samantha McNamara. There's a US group called Consilium Sports which seems to be an agency which helps players with contract negotiations and helps players find careers after they stop playing but I can't see any evidence that Jackie's company is connected to this.

Funnily enough this was the first thing I tried to look at when I finished work and I've got the same results. No idea what services they provide. Nothing on his Linkedin profile other than he's a director there.

Would be genuinely interested in what he's going to be doing for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:11

Most successful clubs have a good partnership at the helm. A quiet type, who is more technical and tactical and a more robust type a motivator.

Leishman and Abel.
Paton and Campbell. are two examples.

My concern is that Crawford and Shields seem very similar.....coaches.

We need a man manager and a motivator.

Maybe one or both of them are very good at this , I don’t know.

Being too nice is not normally a road to success.

Most players need a kick up the backside from time to time.....who is going to do it ?

Time will tell obviously and we all need to get behind them and the team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:12

Quote:

Higgys Mohawk, Thu 10 Jan 17:00

All the best to them. Won’t be easy as they’re the most inexperienced management team in the league and will be expected to get results. Hopefully it works out and if it doesn’t pray that we avoid 9th/10th place.

Ross County as a more inexperienced co-manager set up.

Stevie has managed for 18 months previously. They had nothing between them
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:12

Consilium Sports. Thanks to instagram they have:

Callum McGregor
John Souttar
Rhys McCabe
Zander Clark
Adam Frizzell
Blair Spittal
Liam Smith
Cedric Kipre

On the books. No website and no other Social Media pages that I can find.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:14

Cheers Athletico.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:15

Consultants generally come in ask questions repackage your answer and tell you it's different and better way of doing things , charge you a fortune and bugger off without any transition planning.

Giving Crawford and Shields a chance isn't the worst move but the rest is odd.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:16

I suspect Simon Donnelly might be the other coach, given his experience alongside McNamara.

Strange appointments with Craw and Shields. I had suspicions from the start when Craw came in last year that he’d end up manager / head coach.

Two rookies + former players with no managerial experience. Look what happened with Potter.

Happy to give them time - just hope it’s a gamble that works out, for all of us.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:21

first thought was Potter mk2 but hopefully it turns out better than that did, the 3rd coach appointment could be vital to whether the whole idea works or not.

the link with McNamara and the agency needs more detail, are they going to do scouting? recommend players? the club only does deals with them and their players? is he going to be around the club day to day?

Post Edited (Thu 10 Jan 17:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:23

Looking at McNamara,s company, I think they will be dealing with contracts and player endorsements .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:23

Bit suspect of this 'consultancy' and potential conflict of interest especially after what happened with transfers at Dundee United.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:24

I'm quite optimistic if I'm being honest, no manager is guaranteed success.

Like mostly everyone I suppose I'm interested in the role this company pays, how much are we paying them, what are we getting back, are they working in the interest of DAFC or for thebest interests of there company?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:24

''Consilium Sports. Thanks to instagram they have:

Callum McGregor
John Souttar
Rhys McCabe
Zander Clark
Adam Frizzell
Blair Spittal
Liam Smith
Cedric Kipre

On the books. No website and no other Social Media pages that I can find.''

If Jackie could persuade them to sign we'd be well-set.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:29

We're not really in a position to sell players for big profits the way United did as we don't really tend to offer anything more than a two year deal and we're in the second tier of scottish Football so I'm not too worried about profit shares going to JM. I suspect it will be more referall/finders fees for players they don't represent and straight up agents fees if we do sign someone they represent.

It's hard to gauge with the lack of info on line about what they actually do outside of the agency work.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:30

I'm thinking/hoping the 3rd "Coach" will be a former/retired manager to provide experience and assistance to Crawford and Shields. I believe this was the long term aim when Jeffries was in charge, with Potts/McCann taking over and Jeffries taking a back seat.

The McNamara involvement is the one that puzzles me. I'm sure more information will be released in the coming days, detailing exactly what his company will provide. However I am concerned that 1. Ultimately, Jackie's number one priority will be himself and his business 2. How much are we paying for this "service"? and 3. Why do we need it?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:35

Appointments like this don't happen overnight so it is clear AJ was destined to leave for some time.
They deserve a chance to show what they have and at least they know the club extremely well and fans expectations.
Let's just hope the current squad respond to them positively and work as a team to get our stuttering season on track.
I just hope our fans show them some patience if results aren't immediate.
Let's get right behind them instead of dismissing them before their jackets are even hung up.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:36

Not gonna knock it till they have had time to get settled into their rolls. I never thought we were gonna go down with with AJ in charge and I still don’t expect us to go down now. Also if the new crew are all singing from the same page them things should be fine, egos will need to controlled. Glad to see ex Pars players stepping up too the plate. All the best lads & hope you make us proud.

Post Edited (Thu 10 Jan 17:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:36

We are going to need someone to take on the responsibility for the reserve team now.
Not outwith the realms of possibility it could be someone like Gerry McCabe if an old head is preferred or Liam Fox who has managerial and youth coaching experience if a younger head wanted.

2014/15 Squealadeal Prediction League Champion

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:43

very rarely agree with anything rastapari says - but his post has nailed it. So underwhelming, cant believe this decision, only good thing its a rolling contract hopefully weekly and not yearly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:47

Agree with rastapari
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: optimisticpar  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:47

I don’t get everyone’s concerns about Jackie looking out for himself... as any consultant that runs their own limited company (if this is what he has) they are contracted to 1 or multiple companies to provide services to them, like I do, if they have an ounce of integrity, then they will be giving 100% to that company and will be paid for the services provided, be that by milestones delivered or per days worked.

Many football players have their own limited companies they run, I can’t see why this is not the same.

Let’s get behind the new management team and not berate before a ball is even kicked..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:51

I'm not worried about us getting ripped off just genuinely interested in what he's doing.

If it's an extension of our scouting network it could be useful as I imagine he's got a huge network to leverage.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:54

Not sure what to make of it, we needed a new guy who would assess the players purely on thier ability on the park and nothing else. The players already have an existing relationship with Steve so feel there won’t be as much change.

Will he get any budget in jan like a new manager would to make his own mark?

Just sitting here drenched in my own positivity! AJ is gone!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:59

Bizarre appointments and set up but will give it every chance and has my full support. All the best guys.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:59

My major concern is that group of players. They’ve already seen off one manager this season. A serious lack of character in that dressing room.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:06

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Thu 10 Jan 17:59

My major concern is that group of players. They’ve already seen off one manager this season. A serious lack of character in that dressing room.

Sometimes players just like to see managers go!

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sue Par Chew  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:08

Cheap option.Trying to win fans over by appointing ex players. Underwhelming to say the least. Missed a trick with Goodwin or Petrie up and coming young managers. Bad decision again by the board.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:11

No pressure but if this backfires then RM has to go.

Post Edited (Thu 10 Jan 18:12)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:13

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Thu 10 Jan 17:12 Ross County as a more inexperienced co-manager set up.

Stevie has managed for 18 months previously. They had nothing between them

Ah ok. Didn’t realise Crawford had lasted that long there.

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.

Post Edited (Thu 10 Jan 18:14)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:21

Quote:

Sue Par Chew, Thu 10 Jan 18:08

Cheap option.Trying to win fans over by appointing ex players. Underwhelming to say the least. Missed a trick with Goodwin or Petrie up and coming young managers. Bad decision again by the board.

Petrie would be an even cheaper option....he would also probably have to work 3 months notice with the Bank of Scotland!!! Hardly the correct appointment just now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ReturningParsFan  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:23

I don't want to become embroiled in any nasty arguments, just want to say I'm quite pleased by the appointments, particularly Greg Shields. I didn't think we'd end up with one of the dinosaurs, but am relieved nonetheless !!

Good to have these rolling contracts too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:28

Can’t believe all the negativity. Give the lads a chance. The lads at Man Utd are doing alright. Kenny Dalglish did alright. Zinedine Zidane did alright. Pep Guardiola did alright. Neil Lennon did alright. Jim Leishman did alright. Need I go on ?

I know both Stevie and Greg and delighted for them.

I’m sure Jackie will be there on a consultancy basis. The members of the board will be the first to admit that they are not experts on football. Their expertise lies in other areas

I hope it works out but it’s a fresh approach and a bold one.
More often than not, you sometimes need to spin the dice in life

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:28

I'm really surprised wi this but very optimistic.
Was dreading one of the journeyman managers being appointed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:29

Suppose our board never learnt lessons after the potter appointment. Good luck though to the new management team but this could be a repeat of the potter season, giving someone with no experience in management the job
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:33

I hope it works out, they were all well liked players. I am interested who the 3rd coach will be, he said that he wanted someone young. I would imagine this person might also have had a Pars connection. Good luck to our new team, hopefully you will get us into the playoffs and then perhaps better next season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: optimisticpar  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:36

Do some fans on here think we have a secret kitty to pay compensation to other clubs for their managers? For crying out loud.. Goodwin we would need to pay compensation to Alloa, Petrie the same at Montrose.. it all takes money that we don’t have. Yes it’s probably a cheaper option, but give the board and the new management team a bloody chance
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parnear  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:48

3rd man... Tom Courts

Bail out
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:52

Quote:

Parnear, Thu 10 Jan 18:48

3rd man... Tom Courts

Want a bet it’s not?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: coventrypar  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:58

Bold brave different. Pars legends Love it

"If you have no kind words to say you should say nothing more at all"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:58

3rd man, their mate Nipper.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:04

Quote:

Rastapari, Thu 10 Jan 18:58

Want a bet it’s not?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:04

Glad everybody seems to know how they are both going to fail as too soft and McNamara will charge a fortune.

My take is two,brilliant ex-players with an other brilliant ex-player offering advice.Nothing I saw said they were paying a fortune to an external company.Quite possibly they approached Jackie who said he now has his company to run but happy to advise for free.

We'll see but I'm not too upset as yet.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:07

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Thu 10 Jan 19:04

Quote:

Want a bet it’s not?

You going to rinse and repeat that all night?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:08

Quote:

Rastapari, Thu 10 Jan 19:07

Quote:

Quote:

Want a bet it’s not?

You going to rinse and repeat that all night?

As you have done with Nipper twice now??
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:09

Craw, Shields and Nipper.
#DreamTeam
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:09

Quote:

Quote:

Want a bet it’s not?

Are you going to keep telling us who it's not?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:10

Quote:

JTH123, Thu 10 Jan 19:09

Quote:

Quote:

Want a bet it’s not?

No but it’s not Tam Courts or Nipper
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:12

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Want a bet it’s not?

Our wee friend here just wants to appear ITK.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:15

Quote:

Rastapari, Thu 10 Jan 19:12

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Want a bet it’s not?

Take the bet then....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:19

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Thu 10 Jan 19:15

Quote:

Rastapari, Thu 10 Jan 19:12

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Want a bet it’s not?

Take the bet then....

Now now I'm not going to humour your wee ego, you either know or don't, you'll either say or won't, I don't care enough.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:29

Good appointment but can’t help think by the speed of it this has been in line for weeks. Looking forward to the game now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:41

Coach is Jocky Scott. Knows the club and plenty experience

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Number Eleven  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:48

Congratulations to Stevie and Greg on their appointment. If they can replicate the success of their Pars playing careers they'll do well.

DA are the number one
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:49

Quote:

Sue Par Chew, Thu 10 Jan 18:08

Exactly what was said when Stein then later leishman were appointed.

Post Edited (Thu 10 Jan 19:55)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:50

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Thu 10 Jan 18:11

OK Mr. Masterton.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:50

Two young lads who will be extremely enthusiastic and raring to get stuck in. One offensive, one defensive will complement.

Not an appointment that I was expecting, but looking forward to seeing what happens.

Not keen on the Jackie McNamara consultancy but I understand why RM has brought them in.

Good luck fellas!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 19:57

Quote:

Blackandwhiteblood, Thu 10 Jan 19:50

Quote:

HalbeathRoad, Thu 10 Jan 18:11

OK Mr. Masterton.

Ha I’ve been called Nipper and Mr Masterton in one night.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 20:14

Is it a risky appointment?
Of course it is but every change has it's risks.
These guys are former Pars players who know the club, the fans (good and bad) and have all experienced some level of success with us.
Whatever the outcome we can guarantee they will show some passion in their jobs and hopefully the third coach is also of that generation with Pars credentials.

Who is to say it won't work?
Leish was just a reserve coach when he took over and see what happened?
Bert Paton hadn't done much of note when he took over and look what happened?

It might be a great thing we have former players, now trained coaches at the helm and playoffs or not, I'm willing to give them every chance.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pomalley09  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 20:14

With all I read I am not sure anyone here would be happy unless they named Sir Alex Ferguson the coach. Everyone wanted AJ out, now get on board with the new lads and get behind them. Crawford has new ideas and knows what he is working with and Shield comes back after some great experience in the pro game and youth development in the US and with a UEFA A license. So it isn't like they pulled him out of the pub to fill the role. They have 3 road games which is a tough start, so get behind them and give them time. They will get their style and points across in due time and light a fire under those players asses.

PO'M

Post Edited (Thu 10 Jan 20:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 20:32

Ferguson is too old.

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 20:42

Figured that is what I would get!..lol
Anyway, the point is that the club is looking outside the box and being creative. Who cares about all these other coaches who may be available because they can't win elsewhere. Stop recycling the same old guys and look to be creative and a leader. Who knows, maybe the loyalty will come back and pay off. Look at OGS at Man United. Knows the club and culture, maybe there is something to be said for that!
Cheers!

PO'M
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 21:04

Quote:

AlfonzoBonzo, Thu 10 Jan 19:41

Coach is Jocky Scott. Knows the club and plenty experience

Whoa. Now that is really trying too hard. Fair play though. 😱👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 21:05

Quote:

pomalley09, Thu 10 Jan 20:42

Figured that is what I would get!..lol
Anyway, the point is that the club is looking outside the box and being creative. Who cares about all these other coaches who may be available because they can't win elsewhere. Stop recycling the same old guys and look to be creative and a leader. Who knows, maybe the loyalty will come back and pay off. Look at OGS at Man United. Knows the club and culture, maybe there is something to be said for that!
Cheers!

By appointing someone already at the club they are "thinking outside the box"?
You don't get much more in the box than that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 21:06

The usual negative doom mongers just can't find one good thing to say about this appointment.

I get that it's a gamble but aren't they all?

Post Edited (Thu 10 Jan 21:08)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 21:14

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 10 Jan 21:06

The usual negative doom mongers just can't find one good thing to say about this appointment.

Ok, could you make your mind up?
One minute a happy clapper the next a negative doom monger, can't have it both ways.
I'm meh about it, it's uninspiring a coach already there, haud me back. The appointment would get more stick bar for sentiment about the new guys playing careers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 21:15

Quote:

Rastapari, Thu 10 Jan 21:14

Quote:

One minute a happy clapper the next a negative doom monger, can't have it both ways.
I'm meh about it, it's uninspiring a coach already there, haud me back. The appointment would get more stick bar for sentiment about the new guys playing careers.

Wasn't referring to you and have never called you neither

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 21:37

Good luck to them.

Some experienced managers fail
Some inexperienced managers fail.

As is the opposite true.

You just don't know. But they'll get my support.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 21:42

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 10 Jan 21:15

Quote:

Rastapari, Thu 10 Jan 21:14

Quote:

Wasn't referring to you and have never called you neither

Ok,my bad,sorry fella, I kinda assumed given I haven't exactly been positive about it all, again sorry about that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 22:05

Stevie appointment doesn't really surprise me, but Shields did as must have had a decent deal in the USA.

TBH, I'm neither up nor down by the appointments, but of course wish them every success.
Just hope to see some decent, exciting football and hopefully a move up the table.

Also, questionite a big decision for the Chairman, as it seems he had a long term vision, with AJ a key figure.

Post Edited (Thu 10 Jan 22:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 22:09

Every new managerial appointment carries some risk. A brave decision by the Board, which has my full support.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 22:09

Quote:

mach1, Thu 10 Jan 22:05

Stevie appointment doesn't really surprise me, but Shields did as must have had a decent deal in the USA.

TBH, I'm neither up nor down by the appointments, but of course wish them every success.
Just hope to see some decent, exciting football and hopefully a move up the table.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe a fresh start is just what's needed

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 22:10

Think I'm with a lot of others on this appointment. Quite glad that something has been done quickly and that it hasn't been allowed to drag on. But kind of disappointed nonetheless. I had hoped that the Board would find a left-field "surprise" candidate rather than the list of usual suspects that has been touted. Sadly they've gone for the latter - and the chosen personnel certainly wouldn't have been my first choice. But as Rasta and others said, even though I'm also a bit "meh", it's only right to give them a fair crack. Let's just hope though that if results don't go their way within a few games that the boo-boy-brigade doesn't start up again. Frankly I've heard enough moaning on this forum to last me certainly this season and probably well into the next. Whoever thought that football management was an easy task? Unless you're a super-dooper expert DAFC dotnetter of course!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 22:11

I understand that taking a guy within the club is not out of the box per se, but surrounding him by players from the club who have history is just what the club needs. Stevie hasn't been here long and I am sure he and the chairman have had conversations that give him some confidence in him. Perhaps he had these ideas and AJ wasn't on board, who knows. What we do know is we have some lads that have fought for this club before, bled and sweat for the club, and are here to get it back to its rightful place.
I am on board and look forward to seeing the changes and how they materialize. Not over 1 or 2 games, but give it some time. Buy in starts here but also with the players. Maybe they got tired of AJ's voice and some new guys in and around the squad can get them where they need to be.

PO'M
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 22:13

Quite excited by this, be interesting to see what ( and who?)Greg Shields brings to the table from his time across the pond. Hopefully it will all add up to some flamboyant , winning football and passion from the team and dugout .

Admin.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 22:22

I'm quite happy with this new structure. It'll be interesting to see who the 3rd coach will be. Wonder if it will be a recently returned young local coach who has played at a couple of clubs with Crawford. I hope so
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 22:24

Quote:

AlfonzoBonzo, Thu 10 Jan 20:32

Ferguson is too old.

And no proven record at this level

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 22:27

The interview helps quite a bit, looking forward to Crawford and Shields.

Still not convinced by the McNamara role at all, only time will tell.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 22:31

Happy to give the guys a chance. Good luck to them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 22:54

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 10 Jan 22:09

Quote:

I'm sure Shields was planning on coming back at some point soon. Family were homesick
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 23:12

Quote:

BigJPar, Thu 10 Jan 22:54

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 10 Jan 22:09

Quote:

I'm sure Shields was planning on coming back at some point soon. Family were homesick

I meant for the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 00:10

Stevie has worked under some good managers in his time as a coach and as a player, this is has chance to showcase what he can do. He wouldn't have been much of an influence during the previous regime. It wasn't what I was hoping for, as going down this route was a failure with Potter, but 100% ready to get behind Stevie and hopefully the change brings about a freshness. Couple early wins and he'll bring the feel good factor back.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 00:22

What name are you thinking off Red Star Par?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 04:32

I am really pleased for Greg Shields. Considering the tardy manner in which he was treated by the old administration when he last signed for us, I think it is a huge credit to the man that he has jumped at this opportunity to once again serve the club.

I have met him and he comes across as a very level headed and likeable bloke. He spoke very highly of his experiences in America and no doubt our players will benefit from that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammy_shuffle  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 09:20

As someone else said I think plans for this just didn't happen overnight. As for good cop/bad cop Sheildsy has never been afraid to tell it like it is.

Happy that it is not the usual suspects that got the job. As long as we stay in the division I am quite happy to use the rest of this season as a get to know you period , if we make the play offs ...bonus, and hit the ground running next season. Cup tie against Rovers the exception obviously. Get through that and a good draw in the next round to bring some coin into the club.

As for the 3rd coach and I know nothing. How about Jason Dair possibly. Worked with the craw at East Fife.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 09:58

"What name are you thinking off Red Star Par?"

I think he's meaning Gordon Forrest.

Post Edited (Fri 11 Jan 09:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 10:01

wouldnt surprise me if Gordon came in. Good background with SFA development as well as overseas development experience. Think he is a Pro licence holder as well.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 11:54

I remember speaking to Shields once. He came in to where I then worked. It was just before our not so successful foray into Europe. He came across as very intelligent and knowledgeable. He even alluded to where he thought we would fall short. He cut a very frustrated figure but his fondness for dunfermline was very evident.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 15:46

The team has a lot of talent, but is underperforming, and the game management needed to be better. Credit to RM and the board for making a bold move. I think it will turn out to be a good one as well.

Thanks to AJ for getting out us of League One and stabilized in the Championship.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kparsfan  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 20:47

Is Lee Bullen still at Sheff Wed? With Steve Bruce taking over there, he has his current team looking after things until he starts. So don`t know if Bullen is still being kept on at Wed. If not would be good if he came back up and joined the new setup.

Proud To Be A Par!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 22:45

Quote:

kparsfan, Fri 11 Jan 20:47

Is Lee Bullen still at Sheff Wed? With Steve Bruce taking over there, he has his current team looking after things until he starts. So don`t know if Bullen is still being kept on at Wed. If not would be good if he came back up and joined the new setup.

He is still there but I also wondered about his position. I know he's well respected but with Bruce coming you know how it can go with a new boss clearing out any of the old regime. Would love to see the big man back here.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dinsdale  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 23:45

Gordon Forrest mentioned above has joined Dundee United.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: coventrypar  
Date:   Sat 12 Jan 00:50

Lee Bullen will have his eyes on a bigger prize I would think and deffo more coin than we can pay for 3rd level of the mgt team

"If you have no kind words to say you should say nothing more at all"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 09:40

What price on Simon Donnelly ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 13:08

Quote:

Is it Kim Philby?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 14:30

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Fri 18 Jan 13:08

Quote:

Is it Kim Philby?

I'm sure Crawford said in his interview that it would be a young ambitious coach.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 16:24

Simon Donnelly
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: