DAFC.net
Home 22 March 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Referee at Tannadice
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:19

Despite all the excitement of the last two days let's not forget the most important information of the week. Saturday's referee is Alan Muir who sent off Higgy at Dingwall a few weeks ago.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Referee at Tannadice
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:20

Is he a baldy bassa but?

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 17:22

Non baldy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Thu 10 Jan 18:01

Non baldy, but almost certainly blind. Think Higgy's red card is the only thing he got correct in 2018.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 15:22

From video evidence Higgy was being fouled before he used his elbow. Silly boy for doing it but the other player should have received a yellow.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 15:51

It was the assistant who brought the incident to Mr Muir's attention. He was at the other end of the park where the ball was.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 12 Jan 19:05

Well the baldy = bad theory went out the window today. Simply awful and without being all Celtic-y about it, we certainly got the rough end of the stick. The two fouls by Murdoch on Higginbotham (first half, when the ball was about three yards away; second half sticking his hips our and bodychecking him) were not only clear fouls but easily could have been worthy of a yellow card. To not even get a free kick was baffling. Hippolyte was having two hands wrapped round his shoulders for most of the game yet not one go up was given in his favour for that. Nesbitt when he came on went down holding his face to get Criagan booked/sent off, then the same player slapped the ball out of Criagan's hands as he was about to take a throw in - not even spoken to. Clark and Ashcroft both went in for a header, with no arms up or any push yet as soon as Clark goes down he got the foul. I'm honestly struggling to think of any 50/50 he called in our favour, especially in the second half. We had the Dundee Utd players down on the ground for ages near the touchline but not being asked to move off the pitch til they were ready to come back on. Petty maybe but it just added to my rage at the inept whistler. Even before the goal, I think we should have had a free kick when Beadling was taken out in mid air before it broke to the United player who Criagan then fouled. An awful performance from Mr Muir.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 12 Jan 19:55

Good post Kelty would agree with everything you say
Just disappointed that we lost a goal from a quick free kick , and it had to be the pr*kwho scored it !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sun 13 Jan 00:12

To be fair to the ref some of these decisions must have been really tough to call....from the centre circle.
Never seen a ref so far away from play for so much of a game as I witnessed today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Foxypar  
Date:   Sun 13 Jan 00:18

No words could describe how awful that referee was today! His decisions were ludicrous at times. I know we lost and it is easy to blame the ref.. however he did not help at all and United took full advantage of that!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 13 Jan 09:27

Not defending poor refereeing, but let's get a bit streetwise then.

We'll get plenty more of that if we even get a sniff of promotion.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Jan 09:31

Dreadful performance form the ref yesterday

Surely on his way to baldieness in the near future
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 13 Jan 09:35

Quote:

1970par, Sun 13 Jan 09:31

Dreadful performance form the ref yesterday

Surely on his way to baldieness in the near future

Has anyone got proof that he wasn't actually sporting a wig ?

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 14 Jan 08:46

what was "dreadful" about it 1970?

I think he could/should have given a foul at corner of our box when united player lunged in making no contact with the ball. Maybe management of Nesbit who needs to work less on his theatrics and more on his football but other than than handled a physical game pretty well.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 14 Jan 16:17

I've given my own critique a few posts back PP, care to read that back and then put your own case forward for the ref having a decent game?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 14 Jan 17:11

If you think he was not dreadful Pompey then perhaps you need to shave your head and take up refereeing

He was minging, pure and simple
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 14 Jan 17:23

I didn't think he was too bad either. There was maybe a couple of small mistakes but nothing to affect the game or to constitute it being 'dreadful'. It looked like Hippo got away with a dive in the second half before he was booked.It may have been average but nowhere near dreadful.The foul count over the match was 13-15 so pretty even which reflected the game IMO.

There was some attempted time wasting going on but did he not add 6 or 7 minutes on at the end of the game?

Post Edited (Mon 14 Jan 17:25)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 14 Jan 19:25

Shave your head Parathetic and stand next to PlayUp Pompey

You’ll look like six eggs!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Mon 14 Jan 19:41

Thought be was ok. Certainly not the worst
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: