DAFC.net
Home 17 February 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 4 points off bottom
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 16:37

As it stands.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 4 points of bottom
Topic Originator: Jacko Par  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 16:38

Not looking good 😔😔

James Jackson
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Scrimmers249  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 16:50

We are in a relegation battle and we must be odds on for the drop.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parallel Lines  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 16:53

Nil points next two games we could be bottom in two weeks.

I looked for my pet in all the books on animals and birds and then I found it in the Book of Revelations.Marty Feldman
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 16:56

Played 4, lost 3, drew 1. Honking. McArthur has had his pants pulled down
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:08

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 2 Feb 16:56

Played 4, lost 3, drew 1. Honking. McArthur has had his pants pulled down

Yep...by the idiots who wanted rid of AJ without an appreciation of where it would leave us.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:17

AJ’s signings have us in this situation. There can be no doubt about that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: squish  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:19

Rasta its AJ’s fault for all the gash that is on the park now!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:38

Quote:

squish, Sat 2 Feb 17:19

Rasta its AJ’s fault for all the gash that is on the park now!

Yep, agreed....but did we get rid to improve or go backwards?
We got rid in the hope the new guy would improve us...no?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:41

This squad isn’t that bad. We just don’t have a manager who can get the best out of them. SC seems out his depth.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:43

Did we wait to see who wanted the job while SC was in a caretaker role. No!

This is where (along with AJ's 2 year deal) the board have made the 2 biggest mistakes of their governance.

Would have done no harm whatsoever to sit back for 2 weeks see how SC gets on and have a look at who applies the qualities and contacts they have.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:53

Squad isn’t that bad? Where’s the quality players in this team?

Just sitting here drenched in my own positivity! AJ is gone!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:59

For the first time in about 35 years I feel very scared for my club. We are now involved in a relegation dogfight and could easily be relegated to the third tier of Scottish football. The last time we were down there we seemed to have a Dunkirk spirit and everyone was involved in saving the club. The real crowd at EEP must be under 3000 plus if we go down it might drop to 2000. I think a return to part time football is on the horizon.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:04

Alloa’s next two games are Partick and Falkirk our next two are Inverness and ayr we can easily lose both of those games by the way we r playing and Alloa could win both and we could easily in a very short period of time find ourselves rock bottom of the league.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:08

To think that PARrot and myself were encouraged enough by the early season form that we bet money on us winning the league outright.
Maybe others as well.

How silly does that look now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:09

Quote:

mach1, Sat 2 Feb 18:08

To think that PARrot and myself were encouraged enough by the early season form that we bet money on us winning the league outright.
Maybe others as well.

How silly does that look now.

I'm a birdbrain. Whats your excuse?😉

Post Edited (Sat 02 Feb 18:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:14

I followed your lead as parrots are intelligent birds lol.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:15

Today's performance and result is not what has put us in trouble. We have been on the slide since September and we have been in relegation form since November. AJ put us there, nobody else. Crawford failures so far are poor substitutions, a bad cup exit and failing to sign a centre half that isn't a calamity. 1point from 3 games v Morton, Dundee Utd and Ross County is no worse than AJ was getting.

Many positives to take from that today, County will beat most teams in this division. Even though we are now closer to the bottom, I feel a bit better than I did before the game. We look like we will score goals now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:16

Quote:

chewie, Sat 2 Feb 18:15

Today's performance and result is not what has put us in trouble. We have been on the slide since September and we have been in relegation form since November. AJ put us there, nobody else. Crawford failures so far are poor substitutions, a bad cup exit and failing to sign a centre half that isn't a calamity. 1point from 3 games v Morton, Dundee Utd and Ross County is no worse than AJ was getting.

Many positives to take from that today, County will beat most teams in this division. Even though we are now closer to the bottom, I feel a bit better than I did before the game. We look like we will score goals now.

Decent post.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  

Unfortunately watching that today IMO we are not good enough.

Huge gulf between FH & SH performance, I can't see us getting out of this, I'm resigned to relegation.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  

fair summary, Chewie

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:21

Chewie you feel better after that game?

I feel worst, team pit a lot in for nothing back and fell apart in second half. No leaders on the park and no quality in the squad.

Heads went down, outthought tactically and outfought. Pars never do well when under pressure and with other results today we have all the downwards momentum. It feels like once Partick and failkirk go past us we’ll chuck it.

Just sitting here drenched in my own positivity! AJ is gone!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:26

I don't think there is much between all the teams from what I've seen.

A win today would have been a real turning point, but now the heads will be down as they have let a lead slip.

Williamson and Devine need replaced next week. I watched Ryan closely second half. He doesn't sense danger and ball watches. For a defender, that's criminal. It was only a matter of time until Gardyne affected the game.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:31

There is absolutely no fight in that side. The players are a collection of passengers, pass the buck types. Lovely lads I’m sure but there is softness about us. If we end up in the bottom spot we will almost certainly crumble.

Post Edited (Sat 02 Feb 18:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:34

With all due respects to wee eck, there is no fight in our team. Just soft centred in every position.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:35

Wouldn’t fancy us to beat anyone in the playoffs either. Rovers would turn us over again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:35

Good post Chewie - a lot of positives from first half. Annoying to lose to an offside goal and Higgy’s daft flick that led to their winner. Credit to Gardyne for a good finish and perhaps we were also lucky with their other goal being chalked off. Thought FEB and Anderson linked well and FEB had his best game for ages with some good through balls. I
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:36

Agree with a lot of that. Most of the players have no character. Pass the buck types is the perfect description. They can't blame the crowd today, who I thought were excellent in their encouragement. We are in a relegation fight now, but Country are a good team, we seen some promising signs with the partnership up front, so it's not all doom and gloom
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:38

It's Been the same old crap week in week out for a long time
There is nobody in our team with any backbone or bottle and we do not have a leader either
we are toiling if we do not get 3 points against Inverness in 2 weeks time
next week its a big game Alloa v Falkirk
A draw between them would be best result for us
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 20:05

Ross county clearly much better..squad ability, match sharpness , togetherness etc. Crucially were more confident.

First half we just shaded it but it was clear we had no higher gear to reach and they did. Once they went up that gear they dominated.

Sad to see the gulf in class today.

Anyway there was enough in the second half to suggest against the sides around us we can do the business.

Jobby!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 20:16

need 40pts at least to finish 8th or higher imo, so 15 more, 5 wins etc....I just cant see how we are going to achieve that I really cant.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 20:17

Yeah, I feel a bit of hope and it was better than I expected. I thought it would be 2 or 3-0 with us not looking like scoring. As it happened we were decent first half and new boy could have had a hat trick. Williamson and Faiss much improved.

Second half they showed they were stronger mentally and physically and they turned it round with decent changes from the bench. They would have beaten most teams in this league and I can't see anyone else winning this division.

Positives - Anderson, Faisss, Williamson improved, Craigen back in the middle.

The negatives - not clearing their lines, bomb scares at centre half, full backs not getting forward enough, the substitutions and lack of strength when it got tough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 20:34

Eastendalloapar:

For the first time in about 35 years I feel very scared for my club. We are now involved in a relegation dogfight and could easily be relegated to the third tier of Scottish football. The last time we were down there we seemed to have a Dunkirk spirit and everyone was involved in saving the club. The real crowd at EEP must be under 3000 plus if we go down it might drop to 2000. I think a return to part time football is on the horizon.

One of the most ridiculous post I’ve read on here for a very long time. Part time football? We were in that league for 3 years and were full time so why wouldn’t we stay full time if it were to happen again? Why can the rovers stay full time but we can’t? Behave yourself!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 21:04

Why is it a ridiculous post?

We have a large fan base for this division but we also have a large dilapidated stadium to service. If money were to get tight we may have to look at some of the squad going part time. Financially relegation would be a disaster, last time we did have a battling spirit, team & fans. This time it would be self inflicted & apathy may follow.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 21:45

Quote:

Angus_W, Sat 2 Feb 21:04

Why is it a ridiculous post?

We have a large fan base for this division but we also have a large dilapidated stadium to service. If money were to get tight we may have to look at some of the squad going part time. Financially relegation would be a disaster, last time we did have a battling spirit, team & fans. This time it would be self inflicted & apathy may follow.

Only if we let it.

It's the 2nd of February and I've not given up yet.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 22:08

Quote:

chewie, Sat 2 Feb 20:17

Yeah, I feel a bit of hope and it was better than I expected. I thought it would be 2 or 3-0 with us not looking like scoring. As it happened we were decent first half and new boy could have had a hat trick. Williamson and Faiss much improved.

Second half they showed they were stronger mentally and physically and they turned it round with decent changes from the bench. They would have beaten most teams in this league and I can't see anyone else winning this division.

Positives - Anderson, Faisss, Williamson improved, Craigen back in the middle.

The negatives - not clearing their lines, bomb scares at centre half, full backs not getting forward enough, the substitutions and lack of strength when it got tough.

Pretty much agree with all of this.
Crawford getting panned on here by some, yet what can he do about schoolboy mistakes by the players? 3 at Kirkcaldy the other week, 1 today by Higgy, a further 2 today by Devine and Longridge that we got away with. All the planning, tactics in the world comes to nothing if players make basic errors like what they are doing. A shame today because first half was good, decent linking between our 2 front men at last and could have scored more. 2nd half we crumbled. I do find the substitutions strange, they made things worse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kpar  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 22:40

We need a *manager*..the most important person at any football club. Look at Falkirk, they have a half decent manager, and despite having an abysmal squad for half a season they now have a fighting chance of survival. We have 2 decent coaches in charge, but we don’t have a manager, and it’s clear as day that we WILL be relegated unless a change is made before our next game in 2 weeks. Will our board act? No they won’t, and when we go down they will be culpable.

(I really hope this post can be mocked at the end of the season as an example of reactionary nonsense...but it won’t be. The board need to act now or we are fcuked.)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 22:42

Quote:

kpar, Sat 2 Feb 22:40

We need a *manager*..the most important person at any football club. Look at Falkirk, they have a half decent manager, and despite having an abysmal squad for half a season they now have a fighting chance of survival. We have 2 decent coaches in charge, but we don’t have a manager, and it’s clear as day that we WILL be relegated unless a change is made before our next game in 2 weeks. Will our board act? No they won’t, and when we go down they will be culpable.

(I really hope this post can be mocked at the end of the season as an example of reactionary nonsense...but it won’t be. The board need to act now or we are fcuked.)

Ill mock it now if you like 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kpar  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 22:46

:)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 23:01

I can see why folk are worried looking at the gap to the bottom closing but you arent looking at the whole picture.
The 3 above us all dropped max points, 2 of them to the bottom teams on a day we lost to the top team.
Alloa can grind out results and PTh and F have strengthened.
On the positive side we have finally found a decent looking striking partnership.
We are light on the bench until Longridge, Beadling and Ryan are available again and we have 2 tough games up next.
We have 2 weeks to gel and get key players fit before ICT at home. That will be a good match to guage our progress, or lack of.

Ayr away will be tough but the teams below us have tough games too and also play each other.

Where we will really get to see where we are is the following 3 against PTh F and Alloa. First 2 at home.

These games and the ones v Morton ICT and QoS will be the tellers. Losing to County today isnt an indicator that we will get relegated.

I wouldn't be surprised Partick and Falkirk climbed above us but I can just as easily see ICT Morton and QoS slide below us.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 23:04

BTW can you please add an F to of in the title. Not being a spelling snob but that just reads silly.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 00:03

We are 4 points off bottom and I can not see where our next win is coming from. How can we not be worried PARot?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 00:05

Of course we're worried. He's merely pointing out the opposite to your repetitive negative twaddle.

Night night

Post Edited (Sun 03 Feb 00:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 00:07

Because I can see where our next win will be, I think we will beat ICT in a fortnight.
I also think we are better than Morton Queens Falkirk and Alloa. I dont think we will finish below them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 00:26

Parrot, you think we will finish above 4 teams?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 00:47

I like to think we are are better than those teams too, but recent results and league positions would indicate we are no more than their equal, Falkirk excepted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 01:09

Raith turned us over with simple balls over the top. Says it all. We can’t even do the basics right, because our defenders are absolutely pihs at football. Midfield I think we’re alright and Anderson hopefully will give us a bit more bite up front, but the signs have been there since way back in October I would say.

AJ should have been punted long before he was. Our board have made an bottom of it. Let’s not hide behind the facts. If we go down then they have to take the blame for not bitting the bullet and punting AJ sooner so a new man could have more time to influence the squad.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 01:44

Quote:

Never10yairds, Sun 3 Feb 00:26

Parrot, you think we will finish above 4 teams?

Yes maybe more but ill revisit the thought after we play the bottom 3 in a few weeks time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 02:06

If you offered me finishing 8th I’d take it and be very grateful.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 05:29

The PARrot post at 1101 makes some very valid points.

There was a lot of optimism in the first half yesterday.

At long long last there was the makings of a partnership.Bruce and FEB linked up well and Ross County were visibly concerned at the threat.

Bruce,had he been fit,could have scored four goals with those incisive passes from FEB and Joe.As PARrot argues,watch for his impact v Inverness.

I wonder how many people posting last night had been at the game?The fundamental problem is ,blatantly, that we now have two coaches; not a Manager.A Manager ,like Jim Duffy or Alan Archibald ,would have changed tactics and formation.We knew RC would bring on Gardyne who promptly did to Ryan what Dobbie does.Bruce's legs went.Smith and Hippo offered nothing(we knew that) and Blair anonymous.

The contrast in a) confidence b) bench were marked.We desperately need Longridge,Ryan and Beadling back.Please may we have an update?QOS,ICT and Morton look like being sucked in as PARrot argues.We must hold our nerve.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 06:02

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 02 Feb 18:26

I don't think there is much between all the teams from what I've seen.

A win today would have been a real turning point, but now the heads will be down as they have let a lead slip.

Another reasoned post from Raymie. The moaning defeatist entitlement brigade who just seem happiest being negative and critical don’t really seem to acknowledge the competitiveness of this league (as noted by Raymond) or seem to grasp that seem all current squad weaknesses left behind by AJ could not realistically be fixed in the last transfer window. Personally I wouldn’t have brought on Smith as a sub yesterday, but appreciate Anderson is still building up fitness and get the aim of trying to bolster midfield. Let’s see who the new management team can bring in at the end of the season to try to rectify current squad shortcomings. I wonder what the story is with Beadling and hope he can be back soon. Like Raymie and others I would be interested to see him tried out in central defence. After having done well against the league leaders in the first half -What a really frustrating second goal to concede following Higgy’s silly flick. The team could have got a lift getting a draw against the better resourced league leaders. Pity we didn’t have a player like Gardyne on the bench to bring on. Credit to him for a great finish. However, some positives with Anderson (who impressed) and FEB gelling well together. I suspect we would be much higher up the table if we’d had Anderson from the start of the season. Yes we are now close to the relegation zone and in trouble, but the team and new management team need our support right now to try to turn our season round.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 08:41

Quote:

kpar, Sat 2 Feb 22:40

2 decent coaches? How do you know Shields is a good coach? He has spent the last 8 years in the absolute depths of football in the USA, then suddenly he appears at East End to help take over a team who need managed. For me, the appointment of Shields is bizarre. Not saying this is his fault, but even looking at him in the warm up doesn't bring confidence. Instead of going around the players, getting them up for the game, he spends most of the warm up joining in himself with a couple individuals, playing wee passes. There was no urgency, no motivation, and no character. We warm up in the EXACT same way as we did with AJ. Looking at other teams, they look sharp in the warm up, whereas we look flat. Is it the sports scientist we have?

NOTHING has changed from the AJ days, absolutely nothing.

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 08:55

For the record, I am neither defeatist, nor part of any entitlement brigade as referred to above.

I was not feeling entitled on the occasions I have followed the Pars to Hampden, nor was I defeatist when I watched them in the lowest tiers of Scottish professional football.

The fact that many fans are upset and complain about the present state of affairs does not mean that they are not behind the team.

The fact that they turn out in near sub zero temperatures to watch a team who have been pretty rubbish this season indicates the opposite.

In fact there is an element of self righteousness about people lecturing to fans who have been following this club for years, but have the temerity to complain because the product is poor and the business situation shows llittle sign of improving.

Most of those fans will be there next game and the ones after that.
They in fact, are actually supporting the club despite some of the poor play, poor management and poor decision making they have had to put up with over the last two seasons.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 09:03

“Topic Originator: mach1 like | nolike Like: 1
Date: Sun 3 Feb 08:55

For the record, I am neither defeatist, nor part of any entitlement brigade as referred to above.

I was not feeling entitled on the occasions I have followed the Pars to Hampden, nor was I defeatist when I watched them in the lowest tiers of Scottish professional football.

The fact that many fans are upset and complain about the present state of affairs does not mean that they are not behind the team.

The fact that they turn out in near sub zero temperatures to watch a team who have been pretty rubbish this season indicates the opposite.

In fact there is an element of self righteousness about people lecturing to fans who have been following this club for years, but have the temerity to complain because the product is poor and the business situation shows llittle sign of improving.

They in fact, are actually supporting the club despite some of the poor play, poor management and poor decision making they have had to put up with over the last two seasons.”

This. Well said mach1. Just because we call it as we see it on here doesn’t mean we aren’t supporting the team any less on match days.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 09:10

Quote:

mach1, Sun 3 Feb 08:55

They in fact, are actually supporting the club despite some of the poor play, poor management and poor decision making they have had to put up with over the last two seasons.

This.
4 or 5 weeks ago I was a happy clapper...now in the entitlement blah blah blah club aye?
Nope, I said Crawford wouldn't improve the situation and stuck with it, so have results.
My support for the Pars is unaffected.
Just because some of you are sentimental and have set Crawford up beyond criticism doesn't invalidate commentary on where we actually are and where we're heading so far under his tenure.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 09:18

Come on Rasta, yes he may be not the appointment we wanted. But he's got to sort the mess out that's been left behind.

We've been rubbish for 20 odd games, it's not going to instantly cure itself with a new manager at the helm, he needs time.

AJ should have gone a long time ago, would've given the new manager (whether that be SC or not) more room for manoeuvre.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 09:27

Well said mach1.....

Got it spot on.

It's hard going at present & not helped by those having a go at the coal-face support.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 09:29

AJ should have either gone at the end of last season or the end of this season.

Paying him and Sandy Clark off in January with money that could have been used to bolster the squad was a mistake. That’s unless we had the money to pay him off, bring in a proven manager and four or five players in positions of real need, which evidently we didn’t.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 09:33

correct Berry, this sentimental line too seen a few times I don't think comes into it one bit personally.

"Instead of going around the players, getting them up for the game, he spends most of the warm up joining in himself with a couple individuals, playing wee passes. There was no urgency, no motivation, and no character. We warm up in the EXACT same way as we did with AJ"

he does it as a group during the warm up and also the shooting at the end is different so its not exactly the same.....
having a similar warm up is the least of the problems right now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 10:22

With Alloa playing Falkirk on Saturday we could be 3 points of bottom. With Inverness next and Ayr United the following week this is not looking good. What a complete mess this season has been. The SC appointment is another error.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 10:33

Said on here for months we were in a relegation battle and as usual folk deluded themselves to think we were getting top 4, be a miracle if we stay up
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 10:36

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 3 Feb 10:33

Said on here for months we were in a relegation battle and as usual folk deluded themselves to think we were getting top 4, be a miracle if we stay up

If we'd won that game, and beat Inverness we'd be in promotion playoff contention, that's how close this league is.

Excuse us for not listening to you over the months, your blooper with the Anderson deal and knee jerk reaction to it was enough for me to not really take much of your stuff on board.

Post Edited (Sun 03 Feb 10:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 10:37

I can appreciate how difficult it must be to be an unpaid Director while running your own business at the same time, but it seems as if the pressure is beginning to tell of late.

Do we have anyone who runs the club on a full time day to day business?

I'm thinking someone who could take some of the load and assist the Board on footballing and maybe fundraising issues.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_90  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 10:47

What! the chairmans part time , don't tell Crawford for goodness sake
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:07

Gosh, he might replace our Chairman with another goalkeeper.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 14:47

Quote:

1981par, Sun 3 Feb 10:22

With Alloa playing Falkirk on Saturday we could be 3 points of bottom. With Inverness next and Ayr United the following week this is not looking good. What a complete mess this season has been. The SC appointment is another error.

It would be foolish for even the most optimistic Pars fan to deny that we've been dragged into the struggle for survival, but beating yourself up over worst case scenarios is pointless and very unhelpful.

Would you suggest Stevie Crawford reads all your various posts to the players, tomorrow morning? "We're going down, lads. Listen to what this fan says on dotnet..."

Have you ever heard of mindsets?

Fixed mindset person - "I can't do this. I'll never be able to do it. I give up!"
Growth mindset person - "I can't do this.... yet! Give me time and I will."

I wonder which category you might fall into?........

The manager and players have to believe they can get themselves up the league. It's so tight a couple of wins will see us in mid table. To think any other way is a recipe for disaster.

If you believe you can win, you might.
If you think you will lose, you will.......

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sue Par Chew  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 14:52

We're in a relegation dogfight make no mistake. Other teams have strengthened significantly and our bod seem to think its ok not to invest when there's a real possibility of a relegation scenario. Some of our fans need to wake up too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 15:32

Quote:

DAFC_90, Sun 3 Feb 10:47

What! the chairmans part time , don't tell Crawford for goodness sake

If you think Ross is part time at the Pars because he also runs his own business, you definitely have the wrong picture.
No wonder you have the puzzle completely erse for elbow.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 15:39

Quote:

Sue Par Chew, Sun 3 Feb 14:52

We're in a relegation dogfight make no mistake. Other teams have strengthened significantly and our bod seem to think its ok not to invest when there's a real possibility of a relegation scenario. Some of our fans need to wake up too.

Wide awake pal, and guess what!
I haven't wet the bed.

I am only guessing but knowing the board there will be funds made available to prevent relegation if it looks likely to them. They will not risk that kind of money until they believe it is necessary. They know what we have and what relegation would cost.

Partick just got a big cheque so had money to spend. Falkirk have taken a massive gamble by splashing borrowed cash. If they still go down they will be in very serious trouble.
The board will wait to see if Craw can turn it round before risking taking such a huge gamble.

Post Edited (Sun 03 Feb 15:40)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 15:52

When would you say relegation is likely and we would need to spend?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 16:02

Quote:

1981par, Sun 3 Feb 15:52

When would you say relegation is likely and we would need to spend?

If we slipped into the bottom 2 and a 5 point gap opens above us I would hit the button.
The picture will be clearer after we play the bottom 3. I hope and actually think we will beat ICT in a fortnight. Ayr will not be easy. It could get worse before it gets better but I believe we are better than the teams around us so I wouldnt gamble the cash yet.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 16:12

What would they be doing in this scenario? We couldn't bring any players in...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 16:21

.....Problem with that GG is we don't have a lot of time here. The teams below us now have a bit of momentum & we Have stalled.

I'll back the Craw & if he gets us out this jam then the job is his for the foreseeable as far as I'm concerned. It is not going to be an easy task by any means. We have a glimmer of hope upfront but we need a hell of a lot more. I was disappointed with our application in the SH yesterday. They need to show a bit of fight & toughen up - especially in midfield. It won't be pretty but we need some scrapers in the team. What I wouldn't give for a couple of Jason Talbots in that team.

PARrot - Are you seriously suggesting that we could spend money in March to dig ourselves out of trouble?

Name me one team that has achieved this feat?

🔩 ya 🚀

Post Edited (Sun 03 Feb 16:26)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 16:28

No. I dont think we will have to.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 16:33

Spend money on what though? There aren't many players who are sitting waiting on a club calling.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 16:39

PARrot - You haven't answered the question?

You are putting forward a scenario where we could financially dig ourselves out a relegation position in March. I cannot think of any team that has ever achieved this?

Who has managed this feat in the past?

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 16:41

Remember the players on the park (apart from 3) were brought in by AJ. We shouldn't get on Stevies back.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 16:47

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sun 3 Feb 16:41

Remember the players on the park (apart from 3) were brought in by AJ. We shouldn't get on Stevies back.

Means nothing apparently. SC should be totally transforming this side, something AJ couldn't do in 20 odd games.

Football has to be the worst sport for fans.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 18:24

Quote:

Angus_W, Sun 3 Feb 16:39

PARrot - You haven't answered the question?

You are putting forward a scenario where we could financially dig ourselves out a relegation position in March. I cannot think of any team that has ever achieved this?

Who has managed this feat in the past?

It isn't a question I would spend time doing the research to answer Angus. I really don't take football so seriously that I would be interested such stats. Maybe if I was a pundit or a journo I would but in the wider world of parrots It just isn't up there with the current price of birdseed.

Who would want to be a fitba chairman?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 18:34

Quote:

Angus_W, Sun 3 Feb 16:21

.....Problem with that GG is we don't have a lot of time here. The teams below us now have a bit of momentum & we Have stalled.

I hear what you're saying but you've taken my quote out of context, Angus. I was just pointing out to our fellow Pars fan, 1981, that if the manager and players have his mindset we'll not win another game.

How can you hope to beat an opponent if, deep down, you don't believe you can? This is true in any sport, of course. Ask the likes of Andy Murray and Stephen Hendry.

Their self belief was everything, even more important than their undoubted talent.

Post Edited (Sun 03 Feb 18:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 21:54

Off.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 21:59

4 points of bottom ? Rik mayall and Ade Edmondson
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 22:20

Quote:

Swisspar, Sun 3 Feb 21:54

Off.

Already telt him. He obviously doesn't care.

I thought it was going to be about sponge Bobs erse.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 22:24

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 3 Feb 22:20

Quote:

Off.

Your erse doesn't have points though does it? Would make the thread much more ambiguous.

Ignore me...Spongbob is square....I'm off to bed!

Post Edited (Sun 03 Feb 22:25)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 23:50

Quote:

Berry, Sun 3 Feb 22:24

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 3 Feb 22:20

Quote:

Off.

Your erse doesn't have points though does it? Would make the thread much more ambiguous.

Ignore me...Spongbob is square....I'm off to bed!

Pffftttt! Doubting the big burdie!
Get tae sleep min.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 17:14

Now 3.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 17:21

Quote:

1981par, Sat 9 Feb 17:14

Now 3.

With a game in hand tho.....🤔

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 17:22

Quote:

Now 3.

Thank fk you updated this thread otherwise no-one would know. Enjoy your Saturday night......if you can.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 17:23

Do you think people on here can't count or do just like to revel in fear and misery?

You are right though. If ever they needed a 12th man it is now.
I hope both the fans and the team turn up next Saturday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Slevin Kelevra  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 17:25

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 09 Feb 17:23

Do you think people on here can't count or do just like to revel in fear and misery?

You are right though. If ever they needed a 12th man it is now.
I hope both the fans and the team turn up next Saturday.

Bang on. Time to get behind the team and pull us out this muck

We got style and we got grace
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 17:27

Exactly that PARot. We need to get behind the team as this is a crucial stage.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 17:28

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Sat 09 Feb 17:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 17:28

Falkirk have been dreadful and only a point behind the Pars. I never thought I would have seen that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 17:47

If we all shout and clap we'll soon be climbing this league .
Nothing at all to do with a rank rotten team .
It's all about the fans don't you know !

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:00

In the words of Corporal Jones "don't panic" or in the words of private Fraser "we're doomed".

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:04

Looks like we are heading for the trap door. Falkirk and Partick have improved massively. I honestly wouldn’t fancy us in a play off match. Our record in playoffs are woeful.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:04

Let’s just keep booing, slagging off our own players and the manager then Parsweep, that’ll produce the results
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:05

Good job we've got centre halves with Godfrey's pace or we would be doomed

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:06

Let's get a clapometer installed and if it falls below a certain level, Sammy will circle the track and ask for it to be louder.
The sort of thing they do at pantomimes and some other forms of live entertainment.

That relegation battle that I amongst others thought we'd never be in this season has sneaked up on us and other than keeping on clapping and cheering, I haven't a scooby what to do about it.

We'll see next week what a week's enforced absence has done for us.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:12

Quote:

Now 3.

I think you should update the thread title and cheer us all up, 1981. What are you waiting on?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:13

I've been behind this team every week but I'm sick hearing how we can make the difference .
We miss a sitter v Falkirk costs us the game . Not the fans fault .
We miss a sitter v Raith ultimately costs us the game along with our customary childlike defending , not the fans fault
Dundee united it's switch off at a free kick result , game lost . Not the fans fault !
Countless times this season we've gifted games and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if we all had megaphone's to cheer them on cos none of them learn from their mistakes .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:17

That confirms it then, keep booing and slagging off the team
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:21

Quote:

1970par, Sat 9 Feb 18:17

That confirms it then, keep booing and slagging off the team

So when did i say I booed .
As it happens I don't , and I'll be back to cheer them on next Saturday again but with a sense of inevitability that we'll find a way to cokc it up again .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:22

It’s still in our hands. Win more games than the teams below and us and we will survive relegation. I’m hopeful that the Anderson/Fazz combination will provide a few goals. Although starting next week we need to improve our defending and start getting clean sheets on the board.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:24

Quote:

Parsweep, Sat 9 Feb 18:13

I've been behind this team every week but I'm sick hearing how we can make the difference .
We miss a sitter v Falkirk costs us the game . Not the fans fault .
We miss a sitter v Raith ultimately costs us the game along with our customary childlike defending , not the fans fault
Dundee united it's switch off at a free kick result , game lost . Not the fans fault !
Countless times this season we've gifted games and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if we all had megaphone's to cheer them on cos none of them learn from their mistakes .

Sorry but ofcourse fans can make a difference, what a ridiculous post. Players are not performing well, what's going to help with that..fans criticising every mistake or move?

Atmosphere at EEP has been rank rotten this season, it's all good when we're playing well but when we're in a rut the knives come out.

We have a duty to encourage the team as much as possible, try and lift that confidence which with it comes a little more composure on the ball, and better performances.

Players have the bulk of it to do themselves but don't discount the difference a fanbase support can make.

If we get relegated, it will be down to AJ, the players and to a degree the supporters who have done nothing but whinge all season.

Post Edited (Sat 09 Feb 18:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:33

I hear no booing of players during games where I sit in the Norrie .
Quite the opposite.
So how much cheering does it take to make strikers roll the ball into an empty net or to make defenders do the simple things like kicking a ball up the park .
Btw no booing was involved in any of those mistakes they were all made by paid professionals so don't keep blaming the fans . We can only do so much .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:34

Did the massive support at Raith make a difference? Nope, there was still schoolboy defending and a terrible miss.
It would be unfair to say the fans haven't been behind the team this season. Yes, there have been boo's and unhappiness BUT the fans have continued to turn out despite poor performances.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:36

Quote:

dpard, Sat 9 Feb 18:34

Did the massive support at Raith make a difference? Nope, there was still schoolboy defending and a terrible miss.
It would be unfair to say the fans haven't been behind the team this season. Yes, there have been boo's and unhappiness BUT the fans have continued to turn out despite poor performances.

Ok, so we do it once and it doesn't work first time so we just give it up, aye fair enough.

Didn't say anything about booing, booing in general is just childish, been better atmospheres at a morgue.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:47

Sometimes those players need to roll up their sleeves and do some hard graft, the fans have given them plenty of support throughout the season and will continue to do so. The players haven't pulled their weight, they didn't help AJ at all really before his sacking. Time for them to take the pressure and produce on the park. A lot of the players have played at a higher level than where we are currently so it's time for them to show their worth
[IP address logged]
 Re: 4 points off bottom
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:47

Saw Alloa v Falkirk earlier today. Falkirk are now very physical and strong, mostly 6ft+. Alloa still looked decent. With Thistle improving, I’m definitely worried now. Falkirk would rinse us as it stands. Let’s hope Morton get worse.

Enjoy your weekend!!! 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 18:54

Some of our fans should sit in the away end because they do nothing to show support for our players as soon as things are going badly

We are all in this together, ok we might not have the best players in the league but the news is that’s what we have now till the end of the season, forget about AJ, forget about misses against Raith or FAlkirk, we need to back the team and do our part to help them pick up a few victories
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 19:36

We will be ok all we need to do is concentrate on our own results and get the points needed and focusing on other results will only negatively affect us these are distracting us from the core objectives

Post Edited (Sat 09 Feb 19:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 19:43

Parsweep, nobody said the fans are to blame for anything. You are taking this far too personally. It is great that you are still coming and contributing your support during the 90 minutes. Well done.
All I am saying...no blame involved....is quite simply we are at a pivotal point and now is when we really need everyone to make a noise. A positive encouraging noise, especially if we are under the cosh or making errors. Encouragement is our job and they will need it. Nobody will be more aware of the situation or nervous than the players.

Dont think anyone is blaming fans. Just appealing to them. Keep up the good work and lets hope you get your reward for your continued support starting next week.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 20:15

Facts are we are two points off a relegation playoff place and three points off the bottom.
At least our position is now clear as it has been for some time.

We are in a dog fight. Those below us are improving while we keep slipping.

Time for all associated with the club to rally round but it needs to start on the pitch.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 20:19

Just suppose the supporters completely followed the line and clapped, sang, supported and never booed or jeered, but the players did not or could not respond and we were dragged into a relegation dogfight, would you still put out the line that the team were not at fault and/or not to be criticised?

The fans, in the main, will always be there for the team, we also need the team to be there for the fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 21:10

Never mind - title win at the seaside league next season?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 21:50

Quote:

mach1, Sat 9 Feb 20:19

Just suppose the supporters completely followed the line and clapped, sang, supported and never booed or jeered, but the players did not or could not respond and we were dragged into a relegation dogfight, would you still put out the line that the team were not at fault and/or not to be criticised?

The fans, in the main, will always be there for the team, we also need the team to be there for the fans.

Did I miss something?

Who said anything about the team being or not being at fault.
Or the fans?
What is this blame culture mentality?

Who cares who is or was to blame? It isn't about blame its about how we have the best chance of recovery and progression rather than continuing the decline.

Blame has fk all to do with it.

The time for criticism is passed. There is nothing to be gained by wallowing in the slough of despond. Yes the players have to stand up and play for the jersey but the only thing we can do is unconditionally get behind them and help drive them on.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 22:21

"but the only thing we can do is unconditionally get behind them and help drive them on."

And getting behind them is what happens for the vast majority of the time, all through the season, but only a few fans would accept loss after loss and poor performance after poor performance, unconditionally imo.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 23:01

The fans get behind the club no matter what happens. If we go down there will be a lot of hurt and anger but let’s be honest most of us will be back next season. That’s not an acceptance of current results btw just a statement of fact. I don’t think that because posters on here are negative it means that they support the team any less than a guy who claps his dish aff at every game. As fans, all we want is something to cheer about. A great pass, a volley, a header , a Martin Hardie free kick !
When we are starved of things to cheer about we become frustrated, depressed and angry. There is far too much credence given to this idea that the fans are responsible for a negative atmosphere and thus negative results on the park. Utter baws. Fans react to what they see. If we are playing well we cheer. If we don’t certain fans will express their dismay. I’d never want to live in a world where that wasn’t the case. You can’t have one without the other.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 23:01

Quote:

mach1, Sat 9 Feb 22:21

"but the only thing we can do is unconditionally get behind them and help drive them on."

And getting behind them is what happens for the vast majority of the time, all through the season, but only a few fans would accept loss after loss and poor performance after poor performance, unconditionally imo.

Mach1 I'm not sure who you think is accepting anything? Not one pars fan I know is happy with the situation we're in. No one is accepting it. Parrot and the like offer a bit optimism and positivity and get shot down in flames.

We are where we are. In a relegation battle. So what's your solution? Go over old ground time after time? Or rouse the troops?

I know who I'll be siding with when the time comes

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 23:24

Im hoping the folk who stopped coming because of the slump might come back for the new manager and the final push, whether it is to finally make a move on 4th or battle to stay up.
Im hoping the new lads and returns from injury will give them something to cheer about.
Im hoping the cheers spur the lads on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 23:41

Parrot said:

“Whether it is to finally make a move on 4th “

Can I have some of what you are on ? 🙄
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 23:51

Quote:

parbucks, Sat 9 Feb 23:41

Parrot said:

A win on Saturday and we're 5 points off 4th place with 12 games left. Hardly impossible if we get our act together

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 00:02

Ref: da no 1 and Parrot,

Speaking of rousing the troops and the final push, I wonder if Sammy could dress up as Field Marshall Montgomery and deliver some stirring words to fans and players. (Probably best not with a tank!)

Here's one of Monty's WW2 messages to our troops:

“The time has come to deal the enemy a terrific blow in Western Europe.

“On the eve of this great adventure I send my best wishes to every soldier in the Allied team.

"To us is given the honour of striking a blow for freedom which will live in history; and in the better days that lie ahead men [and women] will speak with pride of our doings.

“I want every soldier to know that I have complete confidence in the successful outcome. With stout hearts and with enthusiasm for the contest, let us go forward to victory.

“Good luck to each one of you. And good hunting on the main land of Europe.“

Needs a wee bit of editing. But I like the bit about 'to us is given the HONOUR of striking a blow' and 'in the better days that lie ahead people will speak with pride of our ( - must be a better word than 'doings'!)

(source: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/728842/field-marshal-bernard-montgomery-messages-to-british-troops-WWII-D-day-nazi-Bosleys
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 00:10

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 9 Feb 23:01

The fans get behind the club no matter what happens. If we go down there will be a lot of hurt and anger but let’s be honest most of us will be back next season. That’s not an acceptance of current results btw just a statement of fact. I don’t think that because posters on here are negative it means that they support the team any less than a guy who claps his dish aff at every game. As fans, all we want is something to cheer about. A great pass, a volley, a header , a Martin Hardie free kick !
When we are starved of things to cheer about we become frustrated, depressed and angry. There is far too much credence given to this idea that the fans are responsible for a negative atmosphere and thus negative results on the park. Utter baws. Fans react to what they see. If we are playing well we cheer. If we don’t certain fans will express their dismay. I’d never want to live in a world where that wasn’t the case. You can’t have one without the other.

Great post. I'm angry with the situation we find ourselves in and the blatant mistakes we have made all season but I'll be back next season and seasons to come. There will be good times again.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 01:24

Quote:

parbucks, Sat 9 Feb 23:41

Parrot said:

Birdseed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 09:12

We're lacking leadership ,organisation and enthusiasm,the quality is as good as any in the league.
When your in the position we were in when AJ. Left you need an email experienced manager it's not the time to give a Rookie his first job.
Not too sure about the Anderson hysteria that's happening , he had a great 50 mins ,having said that his finishing wasn't the best .
Time will tell
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 10:09

I can remember when we were 4pts off the playoffs....such glorious days!

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 10:52

I was thinking relegation not so bad think about the soup at Brechin and the fish suppers at Arbroath then remembered we will be passing them on the way down bummer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 11:21

WE are in a scrap, all hands to the pump.
Managerial and board level decisions can wait to get scrutinised and accountability attributed at the end of the season.
For now we have what we have and need to support the team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 13:25

The team need to forget all these systems of play, get stuck in, defence clear the lines, no fancy Dan stuff, get the ball forward quickly and the fans ( who have not been bad ) will respond. Everybody roll up the sleeves.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 13:26

No fan wants to see their team relegated, but it isn't always the disaster some folk imagine it to be. Livi and Ayr were both recently relegated from the Championship. Look at them both now.......

Just saying......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 14:02

Quote:

DAFC_90, Sun 10 Feb 09:12

We're lacking leadership ,organisation and enthusiasm,the quality is as good as any in the league.
When your in the position we were in when AJ. Left you need an email experienced manager it's not the time to give a Rookie his first job.
Not too sure about the Anderson hysteria that's happening , he had a great 50 mins ,having said that his finishing wasn't the best .
Time will tell

There is no hysteria. He looked sharp although not quite match fit, hence the missed chances. What was also encouraging is how Fais improved playing with him.
There isnt much between the mid to bottom sides and a goal scorer is all we have been lacking. Hopefully we can start picking up points. Thats all...no hysteria.

You just keep grinding out the downside though. Whatever lights your candle.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 14:06

I really think we are good enough to stay up bold statement but i truly believe it
But our players really need to believe this also and in their own ability and think on the positives
In the whole league whether you are at the bottom or the top on your day anyone can beat anyone !
So let's start by beating Inverness and having a Saturday to cheer about
Cmon ye pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 14:50

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 10 Feb 13:26

No fan wants to see their team relegated, but it isn't always the disaster some folk imagine it to be. Livi and Ayr were both recently relegated from the Championship. Look at them both now.......

Just saying......

So were we fairly recently...look at us now😎

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sue Par Chew  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 15:27

Bod took their eye off the ball at the January transfer window,other teams around us were investing heavily and we failed to match them. This squad isn't strong enough and we are now in a relegation fight with form increasingly worrying.

Post Edited (Sun 10 Feb 15:27)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 15:42

Quote:

Rastapari, Sun 10 Feb 14:50

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 10 Feb 13:26

Just saying......

So were we fairly recently...look at us now😎

Not that recently, Rasta. It took us 3 years to get back up and we've preserved our higher status since...... ☺

There's so many ways you can put a positive spin on things. Far better than the negative mindset some posters are determined to infect us with. I still think we'll finish between 5th and 8th. Realistically, we can forget the promotion play offs. That train appears to have passed.......

Two or three wins on the bounce and I might revise that opinion though. 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 16:14

I am so disappointed in our league position. Hopefully we will start winning however I don't think we've won 2 in a row so I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do. Remember it was AJ that built this team and if the players are not good enough to save us it is not his replacements fault.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 18:47

I think if we go down there would be a return to part time football. I think we are in a position now where we should have a plan in place if we are relegated. It is common sense. I'm not so sure if a youth policy will reap any real rewards. There may be one or two players come through a system like that. I think the future for football in Fife is one Fife club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 18:54

Of course the players are good enough just need confidence and organising properly
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 22:10

Quote:

Indiapar, Sun 10 Feb 18:47

I think if we go down there would be a return to part time football. I think we are in a position now where we should have a plan in place if we are relegated. It is common sense. I'm not so sure if a youth policy will reap any real rewards. There may be one or two players come through a system like that. I think the future for football in Fife is one Fife club.

Do you mind if I totally disagree with every word of that?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 22:57

Quote:

Indiapar, Sun 10 Feb 18:47

What a lot of crap

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 11 Feb 01:49

Its pretty sad to read all the negativity right now .We do not have any right to go out and beat anyone .This is a tight league and even the so called lesser teams can play on their day .
We need to get our heads out the clouds with this attitude we are better than the other clubs and face reality we are simply a mid table team at present with the players to be doing much better .No more no less .
It seems many posters on here are thriving on our results and picking any issue to have a go .
FFS the one about Anderson sharing digs was a cracker .
We have 12 or so games left we need to drop this negative crap and get behind the team and management .
And for all the negative posters maybe come the end of the season you will have your negativity Haven .
I for one hope not .But give it a rest and back the team and management .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 11 Feb 05:32

Quote:

renegade master, Sat 2 Feb 17:43

This is where (along with AJ's 2 year deal) the board have made the 2 biggest mistakes of their governance.

Would have done no harm whatsoever to sit back for 2 weeks see how SC gets on and have a look at who applies the qualities and contacts they have.

We had no money to hire anyone better

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Feb 07:15

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sun 10 Feb 16:14

I am so disappointed in our league position. Hopefully we will start winning however I don't think we've won 2 in a row so I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do. Remember it was AJ that built this team and if the players are not good enough to save us it is not his replacements fault.

He was also doing slightly better with it..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 11 Feb 14:34

I don't thinks its negativity I think its about being realistic. We can of course be optimistic about our future but it should be tinged with a realistic perspective. If you don't you run the risk of not addressing the real issues. The club resources are limited and we cannot buy our way out of trouble no matter who is in charge. Its going to be good financial management at the end of the day that will keep the club afloat. Its far to easy to put the blame on AJ. There will be other factors. I just hope that the players can turn around the run of poor results into winning performances to the end of the season. I wish the new management team the best of luck with the task ahead of them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Mon 11 Feb 17:18

Topic Originator: cammypar 1995 like | nolike
Date: Mon 11 Feb 05:32

Quote:

renegade master, Sat 2 Feb 17:43

c'mon the pars

So the money for the 3rd coach is specially ring fenced?
SC never took a pay rise going from coach to manager?
We never even waited to see who applied and what terms they would work for so how you can say we had no money to hire anyone better is ludicrous!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Mon 11 Feb 18:25

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Mon 11 Feb 05:32

How do you know what other managers were willing to work for? We didn’t interview anyone. Saying you can’t afford to buy something without knowing the price..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Feb 19:01

"He was also doing slightly better with it.."

Everyone entitled to opinion, but i disagree with this. Craw hasn't been great so far, but cup game aside, nothing has been as bad as the last 3 months under AJ.

2 games in particular at the back end of last year against hopeless teams that were getting pumped by absolutely everyone. Falkirk at home and Partick Thistle away - both before their respective revival and new signings came in. Impotent performances gave them both their first win in yonks and dragged us right down there. 2 wins in those games would see us 9 points better off than the pair of them right now and we would be taking about play offs (in the same kind of uninspiring way ICT fans are doing now).

Substitutions is a major issue that needs sorting, but the attack looks better. I really don't think AJ's team would have got us any more from what we got with Crawford. Maybe a better replacement would have got us a win at a useless Morton instead of a draw, which would have put us beside them in the league. It was just the sort of game AJ was losing though. We will never know for sure but the evidence of the past few months is clear..
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: