DAFC.net
Home 18 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Crisis
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:04

Will the board have a crisis meeting this week? They should. We need to find a way to stay up and as things stand we will not. Going down will cost the club a hell of a lot of money. This is not a time to just think positive and hope everything works out. This is a time to do something. There are players out there who are without a club who could be signed. We need a centre back and a winger, minimum. Get Quitongo in ASAP. The money will need to be found from somewhere. Where I don’t know. Really worry Crawford is out his depth here and most of the squad are just not good enough.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Crisis
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:06

Agree this squad is shot. Where was beadling and muirhead? Weakest bench for a long time and it showed.

There are zero options in this squad. How did we end up with such a sh1te squad?

Can’t even drop higgy it’s that bad.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Scrimmers249  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:07

Whilst admittedly we are in a crisis. What is Quitongo going to day?? What makes you think he is going to be our saviour? If he was that good he wouldn't be kicking around on the free transfer list
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:09

Surely this isn’t just new for people? We got humped off Raith who to call very average is a compliment to them.
We blow out our xxxxx and get over run in the second half every week.
We are not a good team. 5 or 6 would struggle in league one.
Craws use of subs since coming in has been baffling as well. Seems to be the opposite of AJ, one wouldn’t make a sub and the other will but they are all wrong
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:10

The board are the ones at fault. Shocking decision after shocking decision. I like Crawford but is this job too big for him? He has a monumental task on his hands. The way we collapse under pressure at every single opportunity is depressing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: broontroot  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:15

Quote:

Never10yairds, Sat 2 Feb 17:04

Will the board have a crisis meeting this week? They should. We need to find a way to stay up and as things stand we will not. Going down will cost the club a hell of a lot of money. This is not a time to just think positive and hope everything works out. This is a time to do something. There are players out there who are without a club who could be signed. We need a centre back and a winger, minimum. Get Quitongo in ASAP. The money will need to be found from somewhere. Where I don’t know. Really worry Crawford is out his depth here and most of the squad are just not good enough.

Lost all credibility when it got to the " get quitongo in" part

Post Edited (Sat 02 Feb 17:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:18

Scrimmers, he’s been released for reasons other than football. Spot of legal bother. He can play on the wing or up front and can score goals. I’d suggest we could do with a winger with a bit pace who can score goals. Definitely an upgrade on higgy. He’s realistically the best player we can get for that position I can think of. Do you know of anyone better without a club who would come? If you do, feel free to suggest them. Also, we need to find a centre back who is not completely useless. We need solutions. Doing nothing means relegation.

Berkey, our squad is sh1te because AJ was given another summer transfer window and a two year contract by the board, a mistake (as many of us said at the time). They then compounded that error by sacking him this month and using our jan transfer money to pay him off and install a manager way out of his depth with some weird set up involving Jackie Mac which still has not been properly explained. Then we sign a 5th goalie (which was never a priority for anyone except SC because Robinson was part time, aye whatever) instead of a centre back or a winger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:21

Broontroot, who would you bring in that doesn’t have a club at the moment to try and turn this sh1tshow around? Do you have a better idea?

Hudza, you are spot on, the rovers game was a massive neon sign saying “this team is relegation material”.

Sergio, you are spot on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:25

This is bad. Where is our next win coming from?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_90  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:27

I can guarantee we won't drop points next week
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:30

Dafc90, either Falkirk or alloa will gain ground on us next week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_90  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:32

Forgot about that then it puts s lot of pressure on the ICT game who are better away than at home.
I was hoping 5 points mind from 3 games but doubtful now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:36

We need to stiffen up that defence. As soon as Beadling is fit, get him in there instead of Sidney Devine. Put Craigen back to right back and hope Lewis Martin gets fit soon

Anderson/Faiss partnership look slike it could work but we must start making ourselves hard to beat and try to nick a win here and there

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Foxypar  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:39

What on earth happens at half time in the dressing room? Why do we always come out looking rotten?
I give up watching that because it is worse than utter rubbish (not allowed to swear). Subs were all wrong. Officials were absolutely abysmal. Team looked dead in the second half. Where has that team gone who had a bit fight in them?

FP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:40

We showed signs of improvement first half.
Partnership with faiss and anderson looks what has been missing.

2 weeks to work on it with the new signings then 2 tough games but if we can get a couple of points at least and stay ahead of thistle falkirk and alloa til we play them. Thistle, and falkirk at home then alloa away.....how we do in those 3 will define whether we are in a crises or not. The improved teams below us now will take points off the teams above us sucking them into the relegation battle too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:41

Raymie, I’ve been saying on here for a long time that when fit beadling should be playing centre back. I was concerned in the summer about Devine and Durnan. Got exactly what I expected.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:46

Here was my team from some weeks ago, Substitute Scully for Robinson and Anderson for Keena
This team would keep us up

........................................Robinson..................................
Craigen.............Beadling........................Ashcroft..........Martin.......
........................................Vincent.....................................
Higginbotham......................................................J.Longridge...
........................................Thomson..........................................
...............................Keena..............Faissal........................

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 17:54

raymie, that would basically be my team as well
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:01

Wouldn't be far of my team Raymie. I'd play Martin right back with Jackson Longridge at left back with craigan left mid.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:36

Jackson Longridge doesn't have a good enough touch to play further forward for me. I'd also have Higginbotham out that team. He's been awful pretty much all season and costs us goals, fouls and suspensions. Martin at right back and Criagen ahead of him could be an option.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:47

Jackson Longridge is no better than Talbot was in his prime.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:49

Jackson is quicker but Talbot read the game better and was probably a better tackler.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:50

Sergio your spot on , and his distribution is the same he gives it away more than he passes to his own team mate
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:55

Jackson looked a really good player in the first few months. I'm not sure what has happened to him?
Maybe find his game again when his brother is fit?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 18:56

Same thing as many players who seem to lose form after joining us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 20:08

he isn't a left back as simple as that really, in saying that he definitely aint a winger either!

Beadling at centre half going by the game at Inverness early season, yes it was his first game back but he looked even less comfortable there than the other centre halfs.

id hope there is still some cash somewhere to bring in a free agent...or two...or three...but where do you start when you could argue we need a minimum of 5 players in different positions? its a total mess!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 20:16

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 2 Feb 18:55

Jackson looked a really good player in the first few months. I'm not sure what has happened to him?
Maybe find his game again when his brother is fit?

You played the game Raymie. Not just a confidence thing?
When teams start getting in about us we look terrified across the back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 20:20

Agreed we simply can't defend a lead or hold on for a draw ,Ashcroft poor defender never a leader

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 2 Feb 21:19

Can't believe it's Ashcroft you're calling out and not his central defensive partner.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: