DAFC.net
Home 18 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 We are where we are.
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 06:53

Not the best of positions agreeably but we have to take stock of things rationally I think.

I disagreed with the contract given to AJ and SC at the time, we struggled out of the seaside league thanks to FEB supported by Moffat. Some of these games we won through superior individual skill and not tactics.

I wanted AJ out, not because of his signings (Devine and Durnan aside) but because of is lack of tactical awareness, stubbornness and inability to gel a team. We seemed to spend January rectifying problems by purchasing individual talent to plug holes. That said the timing of his departure was poor but there was no evidence of improvement.

Crawford would be far from my first choice of manager however there are signs of improvement and the general attitude of the players seems more focussed and they do seem to be working to a “plan”. I think, over the piece, we have been playing better football. We seem to have addressed the partnership upfront (one swallow and all that but fingers crossed). Still the problem is that defensively we are not good enough leading to a lack of understanding with midfield.

Hopefully a two week window to address this and look at some of the younger guys will bear some fruit.

I think we will have enough quality to avoid relegation if coached correctly but guys, like me, who wanted AJ gone need to give Crawford some slack and let him put his stamp on the team. The change made was for improvement however this may be over the longer term and not just the usual January quick fix.

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: We are where we are.
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 09:02

Good post BRS.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: