DAFC.net
Home 23 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ashcroft
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:14

Just looked at the highlights , unfortunately it was a good decision by the linesman !!
whats more alarming is the culprit in both Goals
first goal came about by Ashcroft doing his usual and setting it up for the shot in the first place (he cannot clear his lines )
2nd goal started with Higgy giving it away in box when Gardyne got the ball and turned to shoot Ashcroft dives in , you cannot make a tackle or a block if your on your backside
I watch this every week from Ashcroft does anyone else see this ?
It's the Same when any balls come into the box he always seems to put them back in the danger area or give it to the opposition
He needs dropped get Beadling in there drop Devine too and give Blair or Lewis Martin a crack there
they cannot be any worse than the pairing we have just now
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ashcroft
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:41

Agree, we don’t get away with anything as our full backs are poor defensively too so tend not to cover or anticipate possible danger.

Not sure what we can do about higgy trying that stupid flick though, does this sort of stuff every game, if your going to play him that’s going to happen, wouldn’t be surprised if he does it next game, he’s that type of player.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!

Post Edited (Sun 03 Feb 19:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:43

a lad whos played maybe twice at centre half in his life or someone who is injured, no neither are an option.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: InschPar  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:56

Is it not about time Stuart Morrison is given a chance?
Been around the club awhile, been out on loan previously to gain experience !!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 12:35

It might be a bit of a gamble throwing StuMo into a relegation dog-fight. I think I'd prefer my experienced players to step up to the plate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 13:30

This isn’t the right time to throw a youngster in. We need points and regardless how Ashcroft is playing we need experienced players in the starting line up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 14:18

I seem to remember Morrison having a good game against Inverness earlier in the season in some cup competition along with a few other younger players. Also surely most of our fans would be a bit more tolerant of any mistakes they might make but also can see the risks as well as others have mentioned. I would like to see Martin back in the team along the back four as if he could recapture the form he had at the end of last season he would be better than any fullbacks we have tried this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 16:13

An element of our "Fans" would destroy the youngsters"

Doing a good job on the young strker already.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 19:12

Agree he cannot clear his lines and needs to improve but 2nd goal is clearly Higgys fault. Morrison a good option and would expect to see him introduced if Crawfords speech about giving youth a chance is to be believed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 19:29

I think the ICT game is a must win. Not often I say that.
I wouldnt risk one of the youngsters in that.
A serious FFS dont do it again talk with Higgy should be enough. I like his flicks and tricks but not in the box eh!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 19:54

There were really 3 errors for the 2nd goal.Higgy's clearance,another defender charging out when he didn't need to and Ashcroft dives in,when he needed to stay on his feet.

I see some good signs.Sustaining it for 90 mins will be the next part of the process,hopefully that will take place sooner rather than later.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 20:13

"Morrison a good option and would expect to see him introduced if Crawfords speech about giving youth a chance is to be believed."

if they are good enough, don't think Morrison is at the level required.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 07:57

Ashcroft is one of the main problems for me. He gets away with being awful because once or twice a season he puts his safety on the line and ends games with a blood-stained bandage on his head. He then gets this "no-nonsense" leadership reputation. The man cannot play football, and his ability to judge a long ball is terrible at times.

We're screwed as long as we have him, and devine starting.

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 08:06

I am getting irritated with the comments that our full backs are very poor.

Craigen and Longridge have been two of the few successes this season.

Jackson Longridge is one of the best I have seen at Dunfermline in five decades.

If MvOto is fit,bring him back and play him beside Lee.Problem solved.

On Saturday Lee and James Craigen and Jackson (twice) cleared off the line to save our new goalkeeper.

The last few fraught matches are NOT the time to blood youngsters.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 08:47

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 3 Feb 16:13

An element of our "Fans" would destroy the youngsters"

Doing a good job on the young strker already.

What young striker?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 08:49

Not sure how you rate J Longridge quite so highly sp.

Surely you have seen the likes of Cammy Fraser, W Callaghan, Lunn, Kenny Thomson, Andy Rolland, McNamara, Greg Shields, Calum Woods, even although briefly, Jimmy Nichol and Doug Rougvie.

Maybe a few of those would be early 60s though, so maybe you missed them.

Nothing against Longridge, but just looks the same as many other fullbacks we've had over the years eg Talbot, McCann, McMillan, L Martin, Whittle, Sol Bamba, Geggan when he had to step in, etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 09:03

Elvis, sure he’s meaning smith. He had a good month at the start of last season so we gave him a 3 year deal and hasn’t been able to get a game at Alloa last year or this season in the league below ours. Needs loaned to somewhere where he’ll get a start as at the moment he looks well off what’s required at this level although he runs about a lot.

Jackson is committed in the challenge anyway but his distribution is poor (although we have nothing on the left) and he doesn’t have any defensive awareness or anticipation. He’s decent but I don’t think he’s a full back. He was brought in to play wing back but then we signed Cart horses for central defenders and had to abandon 352.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 09:24

Jackson Longridge wouldn’t even make it in to a top 20 of left backs to play for the pars in the last 20 years.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 09:50

"Jackson Longridge is one of the best I have seen at Dunfermline in five decades."

Wild statement as usual.

He wasn't particularly good defensively on Saturday. His mistake led to their questionable offside goal.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: