DAFC.net
Home 17 February 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Anderson & Bakhtaoui.....
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:15

What a breath of fresh air yesterday , especially in the first half. The best strike pairing this season, in my opinion. The superb pass from Faissal to Bruce for the excellent goal, and the energy created by both of them, had me thinking Here we go. Second half, well whether the players tired, or maybe the tactics changed, or the introduction of RC's sub at half time, who knows, but I feel if we had kept our first half momentum, we would never have lost the game. My opinion.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Anderson & Bakhtaoui.....
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:21

No one had expected Bruce to be playing for another fortnight.

He was superb and could have scored four.However,it would have been a risk to keep him on.

The partnership with FEB was a revelation.That was Faissal's best performance since the Hearts League Cup tie.I can't wait to see them unleashed against lesser teams.

The second half was also different because RC brought on Gardyne.If we had appointed a Manager on 10th Jsnuary,he would have reacted accordingly eg moved Craigen to RB.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:23

It's one game, well one half in truth.

Let's not get over excited.

It was encouraging to see though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:25

^^ correct
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:34

God forbid that positivity must be ruled out and we get a bit of happiness from a very good first half performance. I loved the celebration when we scored, (to be seen better on the highlights) how happy were the team.
BTW, Having watched the PARS for seventy years, I think I am well equipped not too get carried away.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:37

That means you're round about 80 and using a computer. Good for you old timer😇
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:39

Quote:

steaua, Sun 3 Feb 11:34

God forbid that positivity must be ruled out and we get a bit of happiness from a very good first half performance. I loved the celebration when we scored, (to be seen better on the highlights) how happy were the team.
BTW, Having watched the PARS for seventy years, I think I am well equipped not too get carried away.

Steaua......stop it, you know it wasn't a dig at you.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:41

Not 80yrs, I am 76 years old and have been supporting the Pars since I was 6 yrs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 11:43

Quote:

Sliema Par, Sun 3 Feb 11:21

No one had expected Bruce to be playing for another fortnight.

He was superb and could have scored four.However,it would have been a risk to keep him on.

The partnership with FEB was a revelation.That was Faissal's best performance since the Hearts League Cup tie.I can't wait to see them unleashed against lesser teams.

The second half was also different because RC brought on Gardyne.If we had appointed a Manager on 10th Jsnuary,he would have reacted accordingly eg moved Craigen to RB.

I thought he was only signed till the end of the season 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 12:34

It was encouraging. Not sure how much County knew about Anderson beforehand, so it was possible that they were caught a little by surprise.

I don't think he has played much recently, so I would have thought he was likely to tire after an hour.

Not sure moving Craigen to RB would have been the best solution - he'd already been booked and exposing him to the extra threat would have been asking for trouble.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 13:00

Quote:

steaua, Sun 3 Feb 11:41

Not 80yrs, I am 76 years old and have been supporting the Pars since I was 6 yrs.

76 going on 30 with the drive of a 20 year old.

Not called Marvelous Marv for nothing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: squish  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 13:21

The partnership was non existant in the second half when Ross County decided to show up!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 13:31

^^ this. We need goals. I don’t understand why Faissal consistently plays every week. Probably as we don’t have anyone else.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 13:45

So you do understand?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 14:12

Quote:

1981par, Sun 3 Feb 13:31

^^ this. We need goals. I don’t understand why Faissal consistently plays every week. Probably as we don’t have anyone else.

While it's true Faiss has found goals hard to come by this season, it's equally undeniable that he played his best game for a long time as a second striker yesterday, playing some excellent through passes for Anderson to run on to.

Early days, but maybe the beginnings of a Crawford/Brewster type partnership, even though Faiss and Bruce don't have the same physical attributes.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: