DAFC.net
Home 19 April 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 All that matters right now
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 12:19

... is who have we got to play next? Inverness at EEP

OK. Could be tough for us, but they're not the league leaders.

Take it one game at a time I say.

(What I don't get is - even if we are in deep sh*t, do we need constant reminding of it? By certain posters throwing up their arms and wailing like stuck pigs.
Why would a Pars fan constantly want to rile other Pars fans by keep on shouting - "You're going down!" It's what our opponents do. Seems we've got several posters who either share in the delight of other teams fans at our misfortunes, or they have a perverse desire to make everyone as miserable as they are!)

So thanks, but we don't need to be told we're going down if we don't buck up.

Take it one game at a time.

We have Inverness next.

Focus.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: All that matters right now
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 12:19

All that matters is staying in this league
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 12:25

Great post (not you 1981par)

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 12:30

Superb post, thank you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 12:39

You're right, onandupthepars. One thing I've never understood is the antipathy some posters on here have towards fellow Pars' fans who express a positive opinion about the club or its current position. Why should it bother them?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 12:46

Quote:

onandupthepars, Sun 3 Feb 12:19

... is who have we got to play next? Inverness at EEP

OK. Could be tough for us, but they're not the league leaders.

Take it one game at a time I say.

(What I don't get is - even if we are in deep sh*t, do we need constant reminding of it? By certain posters throwing up their arms and wailing like stuck pigs.
Why would a Pars fan constantly want to rile other Pars fans by keep on shouting - "You're going down!" It's what our opponents do. Seems we've got several posters who either share in the delight of other teams fans at our misfortunes, or they have a perverse desire to make everyone as miserable as they are!)

So thanks, but we don't need to be told we're going down if we don't buck up.

Take it one game at a time.

We have Inverness next.

Focus.

More of this please πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 12:46

If you think referring to our fans as wailing like stuck pigs is helpful, I'd suggest you have no awareness of irony.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 13:02

Whenever we’re struggling (in anything)
The best thing to do is concentrate and focus to get a job done πŸ˜€

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 13:38

Ref: mach1
Date: Sun 3 Feb 12:46

<<<If you think referring to our fans as wailing like stuck pigs is helpful, I'd suggest you have no awareness of irony.>>>

First, let me correct you, I referred to "certain posters"as wailing like stuck pigs - as is plain for all to see. Not Pars fans as a whole, so let's be completely clear about that.

D'you want to explain, mach, how my exceedingly appropriate simile suggests to you I've got no awareness of irony?

Because it seems to me that, for you to be right, there would have to be something ironic there for me to be unaware of!

Therefore, go ahead - point it out - if you can. Because if you can't there may be some - many even - who might think you just used that fashionable word "irony" to try and look good.

Post Edited (Sun 03 Feb 14:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 14:08

For a start I don't know how irony is a fashionable word. It's been around for a long time.

Secondly I have no desire or need to look good as if using any words would do that.

On the words of yours wailing like a stuck pig, it needs the pig to be stuck before it wails. Perhaps the words you chose were the sticks to the pigs.

The irony comes from your next line about why would Pars fans want to rile other Pars fans, as you have just done by comparing them to stuck pigs, unless you see that simile as a compliment.

Why would a Pars fan constantly want to rile other Pars fans, I think you posted.

Later you suggest that some fans have a perverse desire to make everyone as miserable as they are.

How do you know who is miserable and who is not and why do you imagine anyone would want others to be miserable?

I think the words you have chosen are more divisive than those whose words you were against.

I'm sure you'll disagree.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 14:21

Quote:

1981par, Sun 3 Feb 12:19

All that matters is staying in this league

I can think of lots of things that are far more important, 1981.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Feb 15:26

Ref: mach1
Sun 3 Feb 14:08

If I were riling those same Pars fans as are riled by the "certain posters" (see OP), that would be ironic. But the "targets" of my simile are the "certain posters" themselves, hence no irony.

<<< How do you know who is miserable and who is not >>>

By their posts ye shall know them.

<<< and why do you imagine anyone would want others to be miserable? >>>

You tell me.

<<< I think the words you have chosen are more divisive than those whose words you were against. >>>

It's up to them and you. If you want to maintain divisions, keep telling us we're going down. on the other hand, you could do us all a favour.

Post Edited (Sun 03 Feb 15:54)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: