DAFC.net
Home 18 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Managerial changes
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 07:04

I know SC & GS have only had a few weeks in charge and I’m all for giving the boys a chance and supporting the team. I wasn’t inspired by the appointment and it was probably the cheap option as we’re still probably paying AJ & SC a wage. We do have some good players but the lack of wingers and a decent striker for me is what’s missing. Hopefully Anderson is the striker we need to help us short term. When SC was appointed the chairman said it was a permanent position with a rolling contract whatever that means? Maybe being reviewed at the end of the season?? As we’re still looking for an additional coach. For me a new manager with SC as assistant unless the new manager wants his own assistant. And GS looking after the youths. I would have liked to have seen Jim Goodwin as manager or even Dick Campbell as I believe he could have motivated the players better. Here’s hoping we avoid the playoffs at the bottom end finish mid table and can hopefully rebuild for nest season. Problem SC & GS have or a new manager would have is getting rid of some of the dross players who were given long contracts like Hippo & Smith. For me SC should have been made caretaker until we looked at all of our options.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Managerial changes
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 07:24

I must confess I remain bewildered at the developments of 10th January.

Saddened at the loss of AJ and Sandy; we all looked forward to the speculation over the new Manager whether it was to be Archibald,Duffy,Goodwin,Shiels,McGlynn and the more fanciful names.

Within 24 hours, a club legend,part of the old regime ,was announced with no advert or short leet or interview in a move that was a) ambitious and in house b) penny pinching ,according to your viewpoint.

Since then we have had the inexplicable Lee Robinson episode ,which has left a bad taste in the mouth, and the ludicrously ignorant comments prior to meeting Raith Rovers ,and the wildly optimistic comment post Raith that the fans will keep turning out.Saturday's Gate was down 18% ,a figure the Club cannot afford.

We expected a spark.We did get a flicker.Attracting Bruce Anderson, allied to the renaissance of FEB,in a role which suits him ,was a master stroke.The Jury is out on Stevie.It is all hands to the pumps.He could do worse than bring MvOto back even if it means egg on some folks' faces.Longridge,Beadling and Ryan returning will help.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 14:22

whats is this "inexplicable Lee Robinson episode" ....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 15:50

In the absence of any suggestion that there has been a problem(which would be a confidence between he and his employer) the" inexplicable Episode" refers to our crash strapped club jettisoning one of our few more than adequate players for another who,arguably,is not the same calibre.At a time when a Striker and a Winger were a necessity.

The former has been resolved with Sevie's coup of attracting Bruce.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 16:01

which has left a bad taste in the mouth

Speaking purely for yourself.

You must be on the wind up on .net I think. Some of the posts you come out with are ludicrous.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Saltire  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 16:06

It's .net he will know contractual ins and outs and know we are not paying appearance fees etc to someone who was only training part time.

Reality is someone who has been in and around the club every day since July had identified an area that required addressed and done just that. whilst discussions on other replacements were also ongoing (read COWS article and youll see striker was discussed for 2 weeks but more complex to get over the line when he is contracted elsewhere. GMFC releasing Scully made that move considerably easier to do.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 16:19

"At a time when a Striker and a Winger were a necessity."

I would've said a striker and a center half was more of a necessity.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 16:31

Turps: Which aspects of my post were ludicrous,please?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 17:49

Quote:

Sliema Par, Mon 4 Feb 16:31

Turps: Which aspects of my post were ludicrous,please?

Just one tiny aspect.....

The words.

Of all of them

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Mon 04 Feb 17:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 18:11

Quote:

Lambo1885, Mon 4 Feb 16:19

"At a time when a Striker and a Winger were a necessity."

I would've said a striker and a center half was more of a necessity.

Did we not get both of those?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 19:59

No, we got a centre forward and a central midfielder.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 20:26

Quote:

kelty_par, Mon 4 Feb 19:59

No, we got a centre forward and a central midfielder.

Apologies I thought the Swansea dude was a defender...

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: