DAFC.net
Home 18 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 East Fife Farce
Topic Originator: Saltire  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 10:49

Surprised no mention of the weekend face our near(ish) neighbours had at the weekend. Couple of hundred fans making the trip to Dublin for the pitch at Dalymount to be deemed frozen and unplayable at 14:57.

Really does bring into question the tournament given the game was moved from a Nov timeline in order to accommodate Bohs season having ended,
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: East Fife Farce
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 10:54

Quote:

Saltire, Mon 4 Feb 10:49

Surprised no mention of the weekend face our near(ish) neighbours had at the weekend. Couple of hundred fans making the trip to Dublin for the pitch at Dalymount to be deemed frozen and unplayable at 14:57.

Really does bring into question the tournament given the game was moved from a Nov timeline in order to accommodate Bohs season having ended,

I said at the time, if they are to be included they should play to our timetable, not theirs.

Joke of a competition.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 11:00

The Diddiest of all the Diddy cups ever invented.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 11:03

had a couple of mates over for it and they were told pretty early about doubts on the pitch. Standside was frozen and in the shade so never going to clear/thaw.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 11:06

I can think of worse places to end up with no game! I hope they all enjoyed themselves anyway- Dublin would be a bit lively.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 11:06

The referee apparently ruled the game very doubtful at 1:30pm but advised the teams to wait until nearer kick off time for a definite decision.

In the circumstances the timing of the call off is not the immediate issue really.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 16:13

I feel genuinely sorry for the hundreds of East Fife fans who took plane & ferry to support their team

Playing in Europe won’t come round to often for them & many won’t have the holidays or money to travel back for the rescheduled game.

Will their club be refunded for this wasted trip or will they need to shell out once again to transport the players & management over to Dublin?

A cast iron reason, if there ever was one, for the cross border teams to be excluded from next years competition....... comes on the back of our own gripe where Boreham Wood refused us the right to beam the game live thru ParsTV.
This was very much the tail wagging the dog

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 16:32

After our game on Saturday according to the BBC Scotland, our trip to Borehamwood cost Dunfermline around £10000. Compared to other clubs support, we took 625 to the game imagine if it was someone like Montrose who would probably take around 100 their split of the game might of put them a bill of £12000. How on earth would they be able to take the hit.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 16:40

I think it unfortunate that Dunfermline Ath cannot just withdraw from this utter nonsense.

I am heart sorry for the East Fife fans who have been treated despicably.

Vast amounts of cash have been siphoned off out of the Scottish game.

Bill Leckie has said that we could yet end up with a Welsh club and an Irish club in the Final with a Gaelic commentary.You could not make it up.

How out of touch is Neil Doncaster?

If you ever have a few hours to spare ,try to get hold of all the Irn Bru Cup attendances!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 16:47

just a "little" scrolling needed but all to hand here Sliema

https://spfl.co.uk/league/challenge-cup/results

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 17:59

I felt for the EF fans - by all accounts (on Twitter) the majority still enjoyed their weekend. Bohemians have now issued an official statement including an apology, and which also explains everything behind the scenes with the SPFL too.

We had a great weekend in Borehamwood but understand completely re the cost for the club for travel etc.

For future challenge cup games I’d rather the highland and lowland teams are in the competition rather than non Scottish clubs.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 19:21

Bohemians withdraw!

East Fife through through to the Irn Bru Challenge Cup semi final!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 19:33

Ridiculous, scrap this cup, it’s a waste of time
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 20:06

I have some sympathy for Bohemians, it was not their fault that they play at a different time of the year. However perhaps their covers aren't good enough and that is their fault. Hopefully EF will progress.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 20:07

Irish team have withdrawn.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 07:23

Playup Pompey:Thank you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Saltire  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 09:01

another nail in the Doncaster Coffin, not sure how this mans position is still justified.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 10:18

Neil Doncaster gave a talk to the DAFC Business Club recently and answered questions from the floor. Anyone I spoke to who was there was impressed by him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 12:36

There appear to be no nails in his coffin.

He's been in the job for years and seems to be untouchable, for reasons beyond my understanding.

But some must think he is doing a good job for Scottish football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 12:57

The whole tournament is nonsense, and has been from the start, it’s a distraction from the far more important domestic league and cup competitions, and the financial implications of long distance fixtures was clearly miscalculated.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 13:36

It reminds of way back when the Pars had to travel to places like Hungary, Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia for European ties, it was often reported that they lost money overall.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parahandy  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 18:03

These costs of course are also somewhat offset by income on the other side of the equation - gate money, round money, travelling subsidy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 18:50

I'm sure that every Pars fan that travelled to Boreham wood enjoyed the trip, and would have loved a trip to Dublin. I'm all for new initiatives, maybe the tournament just needs a bit of tweeking.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 19:06

Think it's a good chance to visit grounds away from the usual. I get the fact it could cost the club money but we took more fans to borehamwood than the likes of Morton away
Would love a wee jaunt to Dublin or Wales.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 20:10

I think we forget, every away game , we lose money. Might be slightly less but I can't imagine the highland trips are much cheaper unless they travel the same day and we have to do that four times a season minimum.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parahandy  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 20:25

Replace these teams with trips to Wick and Brora - don't see any financial upside and trips to the other countries involved is something a bit different. Problem is League of Ireland season being out of sync
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veryoldpar  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 00:54

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47119171

East Fife saved the cost of another trip

Post Edited (Wed 06 Feb 01:38)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: