DAFC.net
Home 17 February 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Players fitness.
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 18:24

Noticed a few times this season,players badly struggling in the second half of games.Are they being trained hard enough, or are the coaching methods not pushing them hard enough,stamina wise?

Post Edited (Mon 04 Feb 18:27)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Players fitness.
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 18:47

In the first half of the Alloa game and on sat the team showed no signs of fatigue but were doing well and at least a goal up.

Feels like the minute a goal goes against us, confidence, self belief and energy levels just go out the window.

There’s not a winner or experienced pro on the park to set the standard expected and to lift the players and get them going. Is it a lack of character?

Just sitting here drenched in my own positivity! AJ is gone!

Post Edited (Mon 04 Feb 20:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 18:54

I agree with Berkey, it’s more a confidence and attitude issue.

Imagine we had a Norrie or an Ian Ferguson in this squad, no way these collapses would happen so regularly. We badly need leadership and a stronger mental attitude if we want to stay up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 20:29

Berkey you're gonna have to stop this talking sense malarkey.
That's twice today I've agreed with you and I'm starting to worry.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: truesupporter  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 20:33

Agree the team lacks leadership.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 20:37

Bruce Anderson oused precocious confidence.

Not only that ,but it clearly impacted on FEB, who looked a changed man!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 20:54

Been lacking leadership the whole season it must be said.
Nobody can criticise Craw for that.
Think people underestimate what a leader can do on the park compared to a manager on the sidelines.
Of the current squad , I honestly can't think of a natural leader but I firstly it comes down to character so the management must identify who has the most respect from other players.
Doesn't even need to be a great player as Norrie wasn't a great player himself but led by example which rubbed off on the rest.
Higgy might have the big heart and I've a lot of time for him but clearly a hit and miss as a player for decision making.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 21:16

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Mon 4 Feb 20:54

Think people underestimate what a leader can do on the park compared to a manager on the sidelines.
Of the current squad , I honestly can't think of a natural leader but I firstly it comes down to character so the management must identify who has the most respect from other players.
Doesn't even need to be a great player as Norrie wasn't a great player himself but led by example which rubbed off on the rest.
Higgy might have the big heart and I've a lot of time for him but clearly a hit and miss as a player for decision making.

Aye but would the responsibility make him less erratic. Mibbees aye!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 21:37

the amount of players that missed parts of pre season has really shown
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 4 Feb 22:03

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 4 Feb 21:16

Quote:

Probably Naw. He clearly has passion (a good thing) but decision making (often bad) doesn't send out a good signal.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 00:29

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Mon 4 Feb 22:03

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 4 Feb 21:16

Quote:

Probably Naw. He clearly has passion (a good thing) but decision making (often bad) doesn't send out a good signal.

Well sometimes being given that bit responsibility maketh the man.
Maybe you are right though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 07:14

Is it my imagination but have we lost a staggering number of goals in the last ten minutes this season?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Saltire  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 08:57

"the amount of players that missed parts of pre season has really shown "

"Is it my imagination but have we lost a staggering number of goals in the last ten minutes this season? "

Maybe if that part time goalkeeper wasn't on holiday doing summer camps and training full time he would be more alert later in the games ;)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 08:58

At Tannadice we seemed to start with more of a higher press system. Thats not something sustainable for 90mins without am extraordinary fitness level.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 09:33

Watch a top rugby game to see what fitness is needed.

OK it's only for 80 minutes and there are 15 players, but the intensity and effort puts some footballers to shame imo.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 09:48

Tennis

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 09:59

Javelin....
I like this game 😂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 10:08

Bebs

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 10:29

Quote:

Sliema Par, Tue 5 Feb 07:14

Is it my imagination but have we lost a staggering number of goals in the last ten minutes this season?

Number of goals conceded in the last 15 minutes by team:

Ayr - 2
County - 2
QoS - 5
Falkirk - 6
Alloa - 7
Pars - 8
Morton - 8
ICT - 9
United - 10
Thistle - 10

https://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=scotland2

With the obvious exception of Ayr and County there's not much difference between everyone else conceding goals in the latter stages of the games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: polski par  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 10:54

pompey's right.however it wasn't helped on saturday when we pulled off both strikers who had done a lot of pressing and put on smith to do both their jobs.
should have put hippolyte on up front with fais and replaced higgy with another midfielder as he was clearly knackered.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 11:12

Bebs is good with all that hopping and jumping, but you needed a good peever.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 11:18

Interesting that part time Alloa are fitter than many full-time teams.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 12:25

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Tue 5 Feb 11:18

Where is the proof of this?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 7 Eleven  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 12:46

Everyone is an expert in everything these days. Unbelievable.

You couldnae make it up... oh, many already have!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 12:52

Quote:

Kdy Par, Tue 5 Feb 12:25

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Tue 5 Feb 11:18

Where is the proof of this?

It doesnt surprise me at all. Professional players do the gym. They keep fit. Full timers dont run around all day. Part timers probably go to the gym and run every day.
Advantage in full time is having time to perfect tactics and gain a netter understanding of how the teamwork.

Stop laughing!

Post Edited (Tue 05 Feb 12:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 14:13

Perhaps I should have added that they are fitter than Dunfermline. Twice they shown that be coming back with late goals. Once in the cup and more recently the league. We looked to struggling and they were running around and scoring goals. Anyone who saw us on Saturday would notice that whilst we had a good first half we were not at the races in the second. Alloa frequently have strong second halfs. How many of our players practice or even train in the afternoons. Those of us who are old enough to remember when Glasgow rangers went to Gullane to practice running up the sand dunes to gain fitness and strength. I'm not suggesting that we go there but we can use running machines. Players should be almost as fast at the end of a game as at the start.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 17:57

We beat them in the second half at Recreation Park. Didn't they lose a couple of late goals to Ayr on Saturday?

I can't believe some of the stuff that gets posted on here. Late goals are more likely to be due to players losing concentration as the game progresses rather than a lack of physical fitness.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NiallDAFC  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 20:39

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 5 Feb 17:57

We beat them in the second half at Recreation Park. Didn't they lose a couple of late goals to Ayr on Saturday?

I can't believe some of the stuff that gets posted on here. Late goals are more likely to be due to players losing concentration as the game progresses rather than a lack of physical fitness.

This! A lot of the goals we concede are down to individual errors, most of which have occurred in the 2nd half of games and it is costing us.

You can be the fitest team in the league, but when you lose concentration and make mistakes then you'll conceded more often. Need to improve on this quickly, hopefully not having a game this week will allow the management to work on this.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Feb 20:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 20:58

Quote:

Sliema Par, Tue 05 Feb 07:14

Is it my imagination or are you constantly trying to undermine the manager and team to try and find some justification for some misplaced malice?

Asking for a friend🤔

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-4-life  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 22:11

Fatigue affects muscle performance which means the body won’t react as expected resulting in stupid mistakes being made.

You can use this as an excuse but at the end of the day the players available to the manager aren’t good enough, recruitment this season has been abysmal big changes required in the summer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 7 Eleven  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 22:55

Sport Scientists working in football stopped correlating goals scored/conceded and fitness levels back in the early 2000s. Goals scored in the last 15 minutes has more to do with game state. For example, if you are 1-0 down you are more likely to go for it, which could lead to you scoring or just as likely to concede.

There is evidence to suggest that some elite teams/players pace themselves during games (i.e., don't give it 100% effort), which is pretty logical when you think about it. However, this is most fan's minimum expectation from a player.

The micro-analysis of every aspect of a team's performance is unhealthy, especially when the majority of fan's don't have the first clue about what they are talking about.

As you were...

You couldnae make it up... oh, many already have!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 23:36

Amen.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: