DAFC.net
Home 23 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Boyd and Celtic
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 12:42

An incredible attack on Scottish referees and Scottish football in general , surely both he and his club of which he is an ambassador should be punished by the authorities.
Some of his statements are ridiculous
Former Celtic skipper claims Scotland's current Grade One whistlers can’t cope with games involving his club.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Boyd and Celtic
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 12:44

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tom-boyd-insists-celtic-players-13952990.amp?__twitter_impression=true

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 13:19

Plays into their oppressed victim mentality I guess. The brainless will lap it up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 13:19

He made a case backed up with facts and examples.Why would we want to censor an opinion?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dinsdale  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 13:21

Bit rich coming from the club that employs Scott Brown.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 13:23

"Bit rich coming from the club that employs Scott Brown."

And that gets more than their fair share of decisions compared to the rest of the league (The Rangers apart).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 13:32

No calls for Steve Clarke to be reprimanded for a similar view highlighting inconsistencies in some decisions/disciplinary matters

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr P  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 13:50

There is a great deal wrong with the way all officials manage a game, we see it ourselves many times at EEP and I am sure that there is a need that we have professional officials as it is the only way that they will become accountable.

As it stands at the moment the officials get a good return for managing a game on a part time basis. if we look at the ones who run the line, they get a whack of money for waiting on the man in the middle to decide that it is a throw to team 'A' or 'B' when it quite clear to the man on the line as it happens just in front of him and we have all seen who it should go to.

Then we have the offside decisions that are sometimes way off the mark its unreal at times, then the over zealous official that waves his flag at every little incident. there isn't any consistency week in week out and it should be like that.

If we are serious of having a Professional League with players getting paid sometimes huge sums of money, how can we expect to manage games with part time officials.

I know it is not a job that many of us would want, but getting professional Refs is the way forward and more so than VAR - IMHO - they should be training every day like the players so they are fit and be studying certain issues that happen on the pitch by being more pro active in their chosen profession as they discuss and watch various incidents over again in a classroom setting so to speak.

I am certain that if we did have a few games at EEP a few times with sets of officials from the English Championship or First division we would see a totally different perspective of how the games are managed. although, it would never happen as it would be a classed as a sign that we are as bad as we are where officials are concerned. Although I am not saying they are perfect in any way or better than what we have, but if you watch certain games on the TV there are some damn good refs out there in both those leagues.

Instead of paying huge salaries to idiots in suits, pay the officials a decent wage and turn it professional and use them throughout grassroots football to educate the players coming through of what is expected of them as players.

If this happened this would almost eliminate the bias and criticism that always follows 90% games every week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 13:55

Boyd's article is embarrassing.

Both Rangers and Celtic get favours from some refs and always have done.

You just can't eradicate the Old Firm bias from Scottish football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 14:04

refereeing standards at the moment are poor.

As for alliegences and bias, away you go and take a long walk off a short pier.

Celtic players bleating about refereeing decisions, give me a break. Off the top of my head....

Lamberts dive in 2000 when they were 1-0 down to us.

Balde handball that wasn’t seen in the cup final when the were 1-0 Down to us.

Hurts? Aye. Biased? naw. Incompetence? Yes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 14:11

Mr P some good points but i'll go back to my "safety" repsonse of try being an official.

So much goes "unseen" but helps make the game run smoothly. Refs and assistants are linked with a communication kit where they discuss pretty much everything. Last touch as ball went out, last touch as ball was played which then makes someone apparently offside actually onside etc, ball kicked/where player is for possible onside/offside.

this isn't just scottish football but at every level. the clamour for VAR to get the "perfect" decision from an official when a guy earning £50k+ a week cant even take a throw in is a total undermining. Players don't get every pass right, its human error and what makes the game most enjoyable for me. Whether its kids down the park or the world cup final we all have the same laws and the controversies can be relatable across the board.

Why should Jonny import on £x,000 a week get "perfect" decisons whilst Pete the Builder in league 2 puts up with it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 14:43

I just watched highlights of the Rangers game at the weekend. One thing is for sure - Andrew Dallas is an utterly abysmal referee. Contrary to popular opinion I actually thought Hugh was a decent ref, his son is a joke.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 15:28

Celtic run the media and it’s those t*ats that give exposure to clowns like Boyd. They have went into full meltdown. The fact remains that the referees up here are garbage. I do not think there is an agenda and if there is it’s against the non old firm clubs. Bobo Balde blatantly punches the ball in a cup final against the Pars. Nothing is given. Not even a mention.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Scrimmers249  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 15:41

Old firm paranoid about referees and decisions that go against them..... wow that is a shocker... NOT. nothing news story
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 15:59

"The fact remains that the referees up here are garbage."

This, and also they're human and know if the give a wrong decision against either Celtic or Rangers they'll not be able to go to the shops without any hassle. So if there's any doubt they'll always favour one of those against the others.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 16:02

Of course everybody in the stands is an expert on The Laws of the Game, much more competent than the SFA officials that appear every week.

Just like the “far side” linesman at EEP on Saturday who clearly made a wrong offside decision which robbed the Pars at 1-0.

Then he denied the visitors with another awful call.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 17:51

The baldies are the worst
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 17:53

Are there any refs with beards.
Just curious, don't think I've seen any.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 19:50

Any Baldy refs that have beards ??
Bound to be the most bitterest refs ever!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 20:05

Without accusing refs of bias, I don't think there can be any doubt a large crowd must influence their decision making.
Countless times in Glasgow hearing howls of protest at the slightest touch and if a ref is undecided the louder the roar , the easier it is to give the decision.
That's probably a normal human reaction wherever one team has a huge advantage in crowd terms.
But I can give an example where Pars fans influenced the ref and it was against Rangers.
I don't know how many of you remember but it was when Iain Ferguson was going through a spate of red cards for Rangers.
They came to East End Park and loads of our fans turned up with red cards.
Shamefully some were thrown out by Dunfermline's finest masons in black but that aside, there was no doubt that Pars fans got Iain another red that day before half time as we gave out huge roars of protest every time he gave a foul away.
The red cards were in the air and off he went.

Great days when East End was a cauldron and intimidating even to the old firm.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 20:37

Whereas now East End is only intimidating for our own players
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 20:47

The standard of refereeing in the country is a joke. I wouldn’t say bias, more useless. You see baffling decisions every week. The one that annoys me most and happens at least once a game at our level is when the ball goes out of play and the ref and linesmen stare at each other for 3-4 secs
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 20:56

Quote:

Bandy, Tue 5 Feb 20:37

Whereas now East End is only intimidating for our own players

Yeah sadly we no longer tolerate a vocal support that might occasionally step out of line like every other team in the country.
Sanitised football has won the day.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 21:00

Some of the fans groups Ultras are making noise all around the country ,even forfar and teams like that ,

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 21:09

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Tue 5 Feb 21:00

Some of the fans groups Ultras are making noise all around the country ,even forfar and teams like that ,

I know. I saw a Dumbarton one the other week.
Not welcome at East End though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 21:30

Folk like tom Boyd are simply faning the flames about some sort of fake injustice against Celtic which simply isn't there, a team that has won 7 titles in a row, and last 6/7 pieces of silverware but the authorities are against them. Referees have an impossible job not helped by players who try their best to con refs at every opportunity
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 22:40

"This, and also they're human and know if the give a wrong decision against either Celtic or Rangers they'll not be able to go to the shops without any hassle."

Which probably makes Willie Collum the bravest man in Scotland - an RE teacher in the biggest (I believe) RC faith secondary schools in Lanarkshire.

What qualifications for refereeing a Rangers v Celtic match at Ibrox !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 5 Feb 22:54

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Tue 5 Feb 21:09

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Tue 5 Feb 21:00

I know. I saw a Dumbarton one the other week.
Not welcome at East End though.

If we had a set of Ultras, then I would expect a board statement telling them to sit down and shut up followed by closing down the area where they congregated
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 05:31

Big Boss McArthur wouldnt have that. It’s his club and we must do what he tells us. We are but mere subordinates under his rule.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 06:53

Back on topic, Boyd's rant was both flawed and ill advised, but I would defend the right of any individual to express an opinion. Others who wish to, can respond to it as they see fit. Only he will know why he chose to speak out. Perhaps he was approached by the Record for his views, by a journalist who knew he'd give him a controversial viewpoint?

No number of wrongs ever made a right, but I don't remember Stevie Gerrard being taken to task for saying that his team had been the victims of some strange refereeing decisions, earlier this season. Match officials get decisions wrong in every game. Whether that's solely down to incompetence on their part, or also due to bias, only they will know.

If there is bias, it's certainly not only against one particular club. If anything, most fans of smaller Scottish clubs are convinced - and with good reason - that the two big Glasgow clubs get the benefit of the doubt on the vast majority of the occasions they occur.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Wed 06 Feb 10:23)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: