DAFC.net
Home 17 February 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Sammy the Tammy
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 12:01

I noticed Sammy the Tammy is in the months four four two magazine, which I buy every month (well worth a read). He is this months ‘Mascot of the Month’. It made me remember some of the classic routines, like when Sammy came out with the tank, the toboggan down the stairs and throwing the toys out the pram when he mocked Boyd taking the huff and retiring from the Scotland team. One time I can remember when McFadden had his red mohawk and Sammy ran out in front of him wearing a Galea. It’s a shame none of that happens anymore!

Post Edited (Wed 06 Feb 12:04)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sammy the Tammy
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 12:05

trying to cycle along the North west asphalt as well with his football boots on was spectacular

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 12:07

Play him up front. Physical presence might upset a few defenders.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 12:43

I recall his pishy broon shoes routine, falling off the bike in front of the NW and nothing can top the tank

I recall someone did a Fifa game cover of it, which had me in the background, need to see if I can find it.

Jobby!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 13:07

Sammy the bear that never gets old. Debenhams should find his secret and sell it as an anti aging cream.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 13:26

His routines gradually got more and more safe. I'm assuming he doesn't do them any more for fear of offending anyone
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 13:34

Probably been told he’s a role model for kids and should he more “family friendly”. Maybe they’ve threatened to close a section of his changing room?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 14:46

He made headlines even here in Germany in a well known football magazine for his tank routine vs Raith.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 14:53

My favourite was when he wore the Falkirk top on April fool's day.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Saltire  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 15:00

well someone needs a sense of humour ;)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 15:21

He was called to the station and threatened by the police after a local Labour MP complained about the tank routine.

Was never the same again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 15:23

Snowflakes!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 17:26

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Wed 6 Feb 15:21

He was called to the station and threatened by the police after a local Labour MP complained about the tank routine.

Was never the same again.

I think thats the only thing Thomas Docherty did during his tenure as our local MP. Surely the worst MP we have ever had, I had been a staunch Labour voter before and even voted him in, but I have never voted Labour since. He made sure he got his snout right in the Westminster trough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 18:04

Sammy is pretty boring now probably health and safety, Needs to ditch the slow walk to the centre circle . Yawn

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 18:59

It's probably someone else in the suit anyway :)

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 19:11

The sanitisation of football started the day Sammy the Tammy pretended to gun down Raith Rovers fans with a tank made out of cardboard boxes and loo roll!
My Raith Rovers supporting grandad who had witnessed unbelievable horror during the second World War , phoned me after the game absolutely distraught at what he had just witnessed. Of course he was referring to Big Mental Martin Hardie’s performance that day and not “a stupid f*cking Teddy dancing about like a daftie ”😜
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kpar2  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 19:12

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Wed 6 Feb 18:59

SUIT????? What suit?? Are u saying Sammy is not real?? Dam u my dreams and hopes are shattered!! Next you will tell me santa-claus is not real. The only upside is my tooth fellout tonight and I'm looking forward to my penny's under my pillow in the morning.

Keep ur chin up!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 19:13

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Wed 6 Feb 18:59

Suit ???
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alecm  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 19:36

Sammy needs to get back to entertaining....last years BT Sport camera made out of shoe boxes was last fun-time. Entertainment now at a particular low given Lee Robinson's antics have been consigned to history. C O Y P

A.M.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 22:15

We should give sammy a turn at centre back.

He has sadly got more safe and not as fun. The tank routine was fantastic and certainly the high watermark.

Thomas Docherty is the most useless MP imaginable. Spent his time in Parliament asking questions about the WM beehives and the lunch menus. The fact he is responsible for the curtailing of Sammy’s routines is a fine example of his sh1thousery. If I described the pain and misfortune that I wish on Docherty then I would be banned from this forum and likely distress a great many of you. I did have the chance to tell him what I thought of him in person once though, just before he lost his seat.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 22:32

Quote:

Never10yairds, Wed 06 Feb 22:15

We should give sammy a turn at centre back.

He has sadly got more safe and not as fun. The tank routine was fantastic and certainly the high watermark.

Thomas Docherty is the most useless MP imaginable. Spent his time in Parliament asking questions about the WM beehives and the lunch menus. The fact he is responsible for the curtailing of Sammy’s routines is a fine example of his sh1thousery. If I described the pain and misfortune that I wish on Docherty then I would be banned from this forum and likely distress a great many of you. I did have the chance to tell him what I thought of him in person once though, just before he lost his seat.

Bet that went doon well with him 😂

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 22:32

Still sad to have missed the sledge routine and don't think footage exists?

The tank was awesome
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 22:40

Back oh the net, I kept calm and collected and just told him he was the worst MP any constituency in fife had ever had. Told him he would be out of the seat very shortly and he was done in politics. He didn’t say anything.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: