DAFC.net
Home 17 February 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Nantes demand fee from Cardiff
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 17:07

It is understood Nantes are threatening legal action if they do not receive a payment within 10 days. The BBC has attempted to speak to Nantes for comment.

A source at Cardiff says they will honour the contract but not until they have clarified "all the facts".
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Nantes demand fee from Cardiff
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 17:13

It is true that as he had signed the are due a fee. However I would be very surprised if there wasn't an insurance policy.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 17:16

Surely Cardiff should not be paying out till the investigation into what has caused the incident has been completed. They are right in my mind, not to pay until as they say, have clarified all the facts.

Post Edited (Wed 06 Feb 17:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 17:17

The full article says Nantes demanding fee till they see the documentation, that will probably be an insurance policy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 17:33

Well, they did allow him to sign for Cardiff after a few was agreed so of course they should be paid it. Legally, Cardiff have no leg to stand on.

It’s utterly tragic though and this shouldn’t be played out in public. Just pay them the money and try and claim back the insurance if that is a possibility.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 17:38

I don't know the ins and outs, but is it a case of Cardiff not wanting to pay, I would have thought tragic as the circumstances are that Cardiff will have to pays as he was officially a Cardiff player when the accident happened, but should not be played out in the media.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 17:45

Aye but had the insurance document been signed, sealed and underwritten?

Like a car buy it today pick it up on Monday, when do you insure it today or Monday and what happens if something happens to your newly purchased car?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 18:03

I thought the pilot/plane wasn't licensed for passengers, so it could be the insurance company won't pay out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 18:05

My own thoughts are Cardiff will have to pay the fee which they say they are prepared to do once they have seen all documentation

Now regarding insurance I read that Sala had booked this plane himself I have also read if true that the pilot did not have the proper license to carry passengers which I am sure when the investigation is complete will render all insurance null and void

RIP Sala and Ibbotson

Sorry parsfan was typing this before I saw your post

Post Edited (Wed 06 Feb 18:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 18:20

To be fair to Cardiff, it does seem that they are determined to pay but are holding off until the legal process is completed. But it also seems as if Nantes are getting nervous about the delay. Maybe Nantes need to exercise a sensitive degree of patience and wait until the dust settles.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 18:56

I wondered when this would come up . Football really has no morality .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alan  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 19:12

Surely out of respect to the families this could have waited until the bodies had been recovered and the funerals had taken place. Very poor timing from Nantes
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 19:16

My thoughts exactly. Really poor.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tribbiani  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 19:21

I’m sure another club are due a decent chunk of the fee and they’ve apparently been demanding that from Nantes. Can’t remember which club it is but Nantes might only be in a position to pay them when Cardiff pay up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 19:30

This from the bbc web Tribbiani

French club Bordeaux are also entitled to a cut of the fee, thought to be 50% - Sala was on their books from 2012 to 2015 before joining Nantes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 6 Feb 23:51

Complete insensitive and disrespectful.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 00:49

Possibly Cardiff can say he never came to us and never even stepped on our pitch.We only pay if he comes.

I know,insensitive,but those clubs demanding money is the same.The poor guy is dead for gods sake.At least let his family say goodbye without seeing clubs trying to argue over money.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tribbiani  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 01:25

Cheers Buspasspar. I knew I’d heard something like that but couldn’t think of the team.

Bordeaux don’t come out of this well but I have some sympathy for Nantes. I’d imagine they’re now legally obliged to give Bordeaux £7m and if they don’t have that spare then they have no option but to chase Cardiff for it.

It does seem like an ugly and insensitive sideshow to a tragedy that has been treated with the utmost respect, until now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 08:16

Unfortunately he isn't legally dead unless they can find his body.( unless the law has changed)...Until then he is listed as missing. I've no idea how this would effect any insurance payout.
Declared dead in absentia (if the poor guys body cannot be found) used to take seven years.
But as I said... The law might be different now to what it used to be.
Hope for the family's sake it is.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 08:38

going by the "it's on the internet it must be true"

but this video discusses many of the points raised. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d89rma48qd8

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 08:54

A tragic event but taking the emotion out of it cashflow drives more businesses under than anything else so as tragic as it is it may be the case these clubs have no alternative but to pursue the money and there could be an unknown amount of other companies in the supply chain awaiting their payment for something else.

All the talk of Insurance is not particularly relevant to Nantes, Nantes have completed a transaction with Cardiff so are entitled to be paid according to the schedule in that contract. How Cardiff have arranged their insurance is of no real interest to them, if I buy a car and crash it before my first payment is due I can't turn round to the garage and say I am not paying them.
The player signed for Cardiff he was their player so Cardiff will be subject to any insurance impacts.

I'm also curious as to how it gets to the media, perhaps Cardiff are guilty of using the emotion of the situation to delay their payment. People use emotion and circumstance to delay and avoid obligations all the time.

There are 2 separate things 1 the tragic loss of a young persons life and the other the financial and business interests of multiple companies.

I would fully expect that despite having had to ask for the payment (which will surely have been the toughest of decisions that person has ever made) the grief and sadness at Nantes where the people of that club will have worked with the player and dealt with him regularly for years will be many many many times that of the grief of poor Cardiff playing and earning in the richest league in the world who sadly barely got to even know the player.

Post Edited (Thu 07 Feb 08:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 22:57

Now confirmed a body found in wreckage is of Sala.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 21:29

Every club has them :-

Southampton plan to ban two supporters who taunted Cardiff City fans about the death of striker Emiliano Sala.

The 28-year-old Argentine died in a plane crash almost three weeks ago, with his body found on Thursday.

Two Saints fans were pictured making aeroplane gestures during their side's 2-1 home defeat by the Bluebirds and were spoken to by Hampshire Police.

"Such behaviour has no place in our game and will not be tolerated at St Mary's," a club statement read.

"Southampton Football Club can confirm that two fans were detained and had their details taken by police during our match against Cardiff City on Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 23:03

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 9 Feb 21:29

Every club has them :-

Southampton plan to ban two supporters who taunted Cardiff City fans about the death of striker Emiliano Sala.

The 28-year-old Argentine died in a plane crash almost three weeks ago, with his body found on Thursday.

Two Saints fans were pictured making aeroplane gestures during their side's 2-1 home defeat by the Bluebirds and were spoken to by Hampshire Police.

"Such behaviour has no place in our game and will not be tolerated at St Mary's," a club statement read.

"Southampton Football Club can confirm that two fans were detained and had their details taken by police during our match against Cardiff City on Saturday.

Pretty tasteless but not sure how they can ban them?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sat 9 Feb 23:29

Two men detained and police took their details. Southampton have said they'll be banned. Should have put them in with the 3000 away fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 00:52

Very distasteful from Saint fans but banning them, really?
I recall back in 1982 playing Celtic in the League Cup.
We were singing Tommy Burns, so does Doyle.
Would have had to ban about half the fans if it were now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 05:06

I mind Celtic fans doing an aeroplane gesture to Claudio Reyna after 9/11. Utterly appalling but nothing was done. Not even a statement from the board.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 08:08

The posts above mine, by SIF and GZ, back up BPP's assertion that every club has some idiots among its support.

The idiocy doesn't stop at fans either. It was reported in the aftermath of 9/11, that John Terry and Frank Lampard were mimicking distraught American passengers, who were in tears at Heathrow airport, as they watched TV pictures of the horrifying events playing out in the US.

None of this lessens or excuses the moronic behaviour of the two Southampton fans, of course, nor does it mean they should go unpunished, even though it will be difficult to enforce any ban.

What these simpletons don't appear to realise is that their appallingly tasteless behaviour tarnishes the good name of all Southampton fans and their club, because the public will associate them with it. Unjust and unfair though that is.

Edited to correct a libellous post. :-(

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sun 10 Feb 13:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 08:30

Hope they get banned for good.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 10:32

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 10 Feb 08:08

The posts above mine, by SIF and GZ, back up BPP's assertion that every club has some idiots among its support.

The idiocy doesn't stop at fans either. It was reported in the aftermath of 9/11, that Terry Butcher and Frank Lampard were mimicking distraught American passengers, who were in tears at Heathrow airport, as they watched TV pictures of the horrifying events playing out in the US.

None of this lessens or excuses the moronic behaviour of the two Southampton fans, of course, nor does it mean they should go unpunished, even though it will be difficult to enforce any ban.

What these simpletons don't appear to realise is that their appallingly tasteless behaviour tarnishes the good name of all Southampton fans and their club, because the public will associate them with it. Unjust and unfair though that is.

John Terry. Not Terry Butcher!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 10:37

4 involved

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1341356/Chelsea-four-fined-for-drunken-abuse.html
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 13:22

''John Terry. Not Terry Butcher!''

Apologies to El Tel for that defamatory slip. Now edited.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: