DAFC.net
Home 19 April 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bobby Robertson Interview
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 12:17

The latest Heritage Trust interview is with Bobby Robertson, who recalls his long time of service to DAFC, first as player and then as Doctor.

Lots of memories of Pars players and managers of the 1970s and the 1980s (plus George Best and Pat Nevin!)

The full list of Heritage Trust videos can be seen HERE.

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bobby Robertson Interview
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 12:19

Will watch later when home. These are great guys so well done to all involved.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 13:12

I had the pleasure of listening to Bobby being interviewed by Leish in hospitality before the game last Saturday. I think he said he had played more than 400 games for the Pars. It did set me wondering, now that short-term contracts are the norm, whether there will be any long-serving club legends to interview in, say, 20 years time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 13:25

Bobby is a club legend in my eyes.
He would admit to not being the best full back in the world but he was steadfast loyal to DAFC and would have played for nothing if needed.
I was so proud of him that he came from playing part time football in some of our worst years to managing to grace premier league pitches a few years later after Leish arrived.
He's off the same opinion as me that the turning point in our fortunes was the very narrow defeat at Ibrox against the former team called Rangers when we were 9 minutes from creating the biggest shock since Berwick.
A lovely bloke and used to speak often in Limekilns Ship Inn where I used to sell the pink paper on a Saturday night as part of my rounds.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 13:51

I’ll watch later.

Did the unforgettable promotion decider v Falkirk at EEP come up in the conversation ?

Where he had to step in as centre half for the injured John Salton and played a blinder !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 14:52

VEE - Yes, the Falkirk game is covered, and is as you describe. (I was there too!)

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 15:08

Was a favourite of mine, fell out with a few boo-boys in the north-west, who didn't like him. My reply was- if he is SO bad, how come SO many of our managers played him ? Off they went.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Thu 7 Feb 17:44

One of all time favourites. Treated me at hospital when I had an accident playing Sunday league. My pars tattoo was a talking point with him
Really nice guy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 8 Feb 15:53

Quote:

Swisspar, Thu 7 Feb 15:08

Was a favourite of mine, fell out with a few boo-boys in the north-west, who didn't like him. My reply was- if he is SO bad, how come SO many of our managers played him ? Off they went.

That sounds familiar!🏁🏁🏁
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: