DAFC.net
Home 19 May 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 One nil, for the Parsenal.......
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 10:38

Is Stevie Crawford the new George Graham, then?

With the Pars now having established a tradition of grinding out 1-0 wins, comparisons with George Graham's title winning Arsenal are only to be expected.

Football pundits are always telling us that the teams who can win games even when they're not playing well, are the teams that normally win their leagues. Perhaps we've left it a bit late this season. Even if we win our last 11 games 1-0, I don't see us catching Ross County, but we can definitely take 4th place.

Jimmy Greaves nailed it when he used to say, ''It's a f@nny old game, Saint.''

It's only 10 days ago that most dotnetters (me included) thought our very own Parrot had had his birdseed laced with hallucinogenic drugs, when he suggested that we could still be looking at a promotion play off place if we won our next two games v ICT and Ayr. Wishful thinking was the kindest comment.

Others were convinced we were on a downward spiral to the foot of the table and automatic relegation and an even worse scenario was that we'd be gubbed by the wee team in a relegation play off.

Maybe the uncertainty of football is one of its features which makes it so addictive.........

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: One nil, for the Parsenal.......
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 10:48

Both scenarios are still plausible GG. It just depends if you have a positive or negative outlook. I'll bet Morton fans are having this same discussion with their recent record.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 10:50

We're still not out of the woods yet! However, those two wins were crucial and maybe just confidence boost we needed. We've been on the end of a lot of unlucky moments but we've found ourselves on the right end of them recently. If we can continue this run with another couple wins then certainly we are in the hunt. However two losses and we're back to where we started.

I really like the addition of Blair who can actually take a set piece (Hallelujah!) and Anderson whilst he may not be as big physically as Keena he's still a good striker to have at this level and the new system we're playing seems to suit the players in the team which I believe is part of the criticism of AJ in that he signed players who couldn't play in his specific system (putting Louis Longridge on the wing etc). It also means that when we're forced to the team is resilient and holding onto leads. Hopefully this is the shimmer of light we have all needed from what has been a turbulent season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 11:02

Calm it GG. It’s two wins ffs. 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 11:12

I'm gobsmacked that GG Riva, the arch-advocate of positivity, was harbouring doubts about our fortunes. He'll be telling us next there's no Santa Claus.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 11:15

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sun 24 Feb 11:02

Calm it GG. It’s two wins ffs. 😂

Yep but 2 wins against top 4 sides and definately showing signs of improvement. It will be between us and ICT for 4th place....unless PT dust themselves down and go on a run. That was a confidence sapping defeat for them yesterday.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 12:31

Yes it’s two very good wins, but not quite “establishing the tradition” of 1-0 wins.

I suspect the old wag had his tongue placed firmly in cheek, as was mines!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 13:14

Let's keep the head yes 2 good wins but it's only 2 wins still with games against teams around us.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 15:15

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sun 24 Feb 12:31

Yes it’s two very good wins, but not quite “establishing the tradition” of 1-0 wins.

Aye you'll be changing your tune after we beat Partick, QOS and Alloa, all by the identical minimum scoreline, Ross.

Dunno if I can ever forgive you the character assassination, ya cheeky pup!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 15:56

If those three turn out the same way ill be too busy keeping DAFC_90 from exploding with rage, never mind deal with your tongue lashing. 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 16:08

We are no Arsenal but we do however have a shot at 4th. Makes the season more interesting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 16:11

Pars not conceding is the way to survival, that is our target given our indifferent form and obvious lack of confidence in front of goal and defence. May prove too difficult to overhaul Inverness but not impossible, we now need to be a lucky team, 1 nil to the Pars every week sounds great.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 16:30

Our goals against record has actually been pretty good since we lost 3-0 at home to ICT on 1 September. That meant we'd lost 12 goals in our first 4 league games but since then we've only lost 18 goals in 21 games.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Feb 16:38

Topic Originator: wee eck like | nolike
Date: Sun 24 Feb 11:12

I'm gobsmacked that GG Riva, the arch-advocate of positivity, was harbouring doubts about our fortunes. He'll be telling us next there's no Santa Claus.

You obviously haven't been paying attention, wee eck. I've been saying since before Christmas that I thought we could finish anywhere between 5th and 8th and that a play off spot was unlikely but not impossible, in such a tight league.

Now go and write out ''I must hone my listening skills'' 100 times for tomorrow.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 18:26

Bump!

After a little blip on Tuesday evening, when the lads got a wee bit carried away towards the end of the game, normal service has been resumed.

Just a shame we left our run a bit late, otherwise we'd have skooshed this league... 😃

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 20:48

Topic Originator: GG Riva
Date: Sun 24 Feb 15:15

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sun 24 Feb 12:31

Aye you'll be changing your tune after we beat Partick, QOS and Alloa, all by the identical minimum scoreline, Ross.

Bump!

Whose tongue is in whose cheeks now, Ross? :-)

I reserve the right to bump this thread back to the top of the board every time we record a narrow win.

Guess what scoreline I'm going for v Dundee Utd next week?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 21:05

.......Well all be happy if you have to keep bumping this up till the end of the season.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 21:28

GG you keep references to tongues and cheeks well out of this. 😂😂😂

Our 3-0 win v Partick ruined your wee run 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 21:42

P.S.

A wee thank you to Ladbrokes for offering 3-1 for draw half time and Dunfermline win full time. Easy money.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end