DAFC.net
Home 26 March 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Who owns DAFC
Topic Originator: Cu-Par  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 09:43

Can you help me? I have never been clear about who owns the club,East End Park etc. I hear about fan ownership,board of directors etc but I am still confused. !
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Who owns DAFC
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 09:57

As has been pointed out countless times on here, it's all explained on COWS. Click on the 'Club' tab.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 10:58

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 8 Mar 09:57

As has been pointed out countless times on here, it's all explained on COWS. Click on the 'Club' tab.

Wee Eck .
Pull your Kneck in, the guys just asking clarification.Maybe he didnt see previous info .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 11:08

Pull my neck in? I was just trying to help. It's a lot easier to read the source documents rather than explain it on here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 11:32

Cu COWS is Clubs Official Web Site

https://dafc.co.uk/news.php?c=Club

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 11:51

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 8 Mar 11:08

Pull my neck in? I was just trying to help. It's a lot easier to read the source documents rather than explain it on here.

The tone in your post wasn't necessary. Why bother adding 'countless times'. If you're trying to help just tell him where to go to find the info he craves.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 12:02

Thanks for the advice.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 12:11

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 8 Mar 12:02

Thanks for the advice.

I agree with you 99% of the time but I recon you owe an apology on this one. You were a bit curt.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 12:54

Quote:

PARrot, Fri 8 Mar 12:11

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 8 Mar 12:02

Thanks for the advice.

I agree with you 99% of the time but I recon you owe an apology on this one. You were a bit curt.

You spelt cu*t wrong. ;)

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 13:00

Lol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 13:26

In very brief terms, Dafc Ltd is approx 91% owned by Pars United CIC . The remaining 9% of Issued shares in Dafc Ltd are owned by individual small shareholders I believe numbering about 100.
Pars United CIC is owned by a number of shareholders , about 30-40 Patrons each own about £5k worth of shares, the Directors will hold shares but by far the largest shareholding is held by the Pars Supporters Trust which I think holds over 50% of issued shares.

East End Park is owned by East End Park Ltd and there are a small number of shareholders who own that.

The definitive documentation is accessible on the Club web site as Wee Eck pointed out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 14:01

I have 25 shares, however my wife bought them as a Christmas present many years ago. I still get invites to the AGMs. I would imagine that's there many more like me.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 14:20

It's perfectly understandable that newer fans, and even those who have been fans for years, get confused about the various interlocking companies and arrangements set up at the time of the Pars United acquisition. This was all done at a time of considerable turmoil and uncertainty, and (IMO) it's remarkable how well this was done, given the legal and financial constraints at the time.

The best documents for explaining it all in detail are on the official website at this reference:
https://dafc.co.uk/news.php?c=Club&sc=Pars%20United%20Acquisition
Note that within these documents there are links to PDFs that give even more detail and diagrams.

Re Wetherby's post.

Pars United Community Interest Company (PUCIC) acquired 93.6% of the shares in DAFC Ltd from the previous owner, and I don't imagine that figure has changed significantly.

The Pars Supporters Trust (PST) holds nowhere near 50% of the PUCIC shares - the figure is (I think) around 27-28%. A few other supporters' clubs have small shareholdings.

It's very important that supporters hold over 25% of the shares as that blocks any Special Resolution by a majority shareholder who wishes to act against what the PST (and other fans) might consider not to be in the interests of the supporters. However, there is a further "block" because a Community Interest Company must by law act for the good of the community, and has restrictions that prevent its profits and assets being diverted away from its supporters
and the community.

The company that owns the stadium, and to whom DAFC Ltd pays rent, is Pars United East End Park Ltd (PUEEP). PUCIC holds 25.1% of the PUEEP voting rights and can therefore block any Special Resolution (see above.) PUCIC also appoints two of the three PUEEP directors.

Hope this helps (a bit!) There's a fuller document here:
https://dafc.co.uk/pdf/Ownership_Governance_and_Management_030415.pdf

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive

Post Edited (Fri 08 Mar 15:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 14:22

Posted from the iOS app Topic Originator: back oh the net like | nolike
Date: Fri 8 Mar 14:15

Well eck you have proved once again that you are a bit of a 🛎🔚

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]

To be fair, the question is trotted out every couple of months. The OP doesn't have many posts to his/ her name so maybe new to this site.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 14:26

There are also very good summaries of the legal and corporate arrangements from TRBFC and Stanza on this thread - go to the posts on 15 February.

https://dafc.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1737694&t=1737413

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.

Post Edited (Fri 08 Mar 14:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 15:36

Agree with BOTN.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 17:25

Issued share capital in Pars United CIC is about £750k.

PST share is very much as Stanza says -- just under 30%.

The 30 to 40 individual shareholders have between £5,000 and £50,000 each -- so no one person has more than 7%.

The individuals have the just under 70%. Some supporter associations (other than the PST) have small holdings for the balance.

The Pars United CIC Board acts as a supervisory or non-executive Board, whilst the DAFC Board is responsible for actually running the football club on an executive basis. All Board members, and particularly the DAFC Board members, spend a considerable amount of time on Dunfermline Athletic which is unpaid.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 17:36

As Wetherby says, East End Park is owned by Pars United (East End Park) Ltd which has a small number of shareholders. It leases the ground to DAFC Ltd on a long lease. It is controlled by Pars United CIC by virtue of 2 of its 3 directors being appointed by the CIC, which also has a 'golden' share which has 25.1% of the votes -- as given to the CIC (Community Interest Company) by the individual shareholders of the company, when the property was purchased from the Administrators in 2013.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: average white par  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 17:54

Lol AAPS :-)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 21:32

DASC have £15,000 worth of shares , The Lizzie have shares and the Kincardine Supporters Club have shares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BMMMH  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 23:18

Can someone explain Patrick Burns’ involvement?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 23:32

Patrick Burns is one of the three officers of Pars United (EEP) Ltd, the others being Bob Garmory (Chairman) and Billy Braisby.

The information is in the public domain at Companies House

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 10:47

It all seems to be quite complicated to my simple mind, but I guess it is in the interests of never allowing a Masterton type situation to ever arise again.

That in itself is all very well, but what I cannot see is what in the longer term will ever enable us to advance financially to a situation where we can compete in player buying markets.

It is pretty apparent that short of finding young talented players who develop into attractive prospects for richer clubs, or we get into the Premiership, then we will be a surviving club with a safe business model, but little realistic hopes of growth.

That being the accepted model makes it very difficult in the modern football world and league setup, with it's very uneven monetary distribution, for any manager to improve the side beyond where we are now.

So, in a way, AJ did well to get us into playoffs last season and Crawford is doing equally well just now, with the limited budgets they have had.

We are where we are and just need to hope that one day we might make it to the top league; not only for financial reasons, but also to let us compete against bigger teams with better players and experience bigger crowds and more exciting atmospheres.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: