DAFC.net
Home 24 May 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Grinding out wins
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 17:01

Would it be fair to say that we were playing better football under AJ but grinding out wins under SC? We seem now to be hard to beat with a guy in Andersen who can put the ball away.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Grinding out wins
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 17:10

It's the Crawford Bounce.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 17:21

If AJ is watching I hope he is learning what is required in this league. He might do better in his next attempt.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 17:39

That was such an important win today, granted they all are this time of the season but psychologically it was important to stay above ICT.

Ayr and Dundee Utd losing as well just helps that little bit more.

I can't see us finishing above Dundee Utd, but Ayr are catchable, and i think it will go to the last game of the season to determine where we place in relation to Inverness.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 17:42

Exciting finish. I can’t help think we need to start playing better to have any chance in the play offs or getting there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 17:44

3rd or 4th and a crack at the playoffs will do me. If we can beat Utd and Ayr over the next fortnight I will consider our chances of winning the playoffs quite good. One thing for sure if we keep this up none of the other playoff teams will be over confident at beating us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 17:45

Quote:

1981par, Sat 9 Mar 17:42

Exciting finish. I can’t help think we need to start playing better to have any chance in the play offs or getting there.

I think whatever happens Craw and co. deserve a lot of credit for making something of this season. A good few people didn't expect this and would have settled for avoiding the drop so everything this season is just a bonus.

Long may it continue.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 17:48

Not conceded a goal since Callum Davidson came in. Very important that he stays beyond the summer.

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 17:48

Play certainly hasn’t been the most exciting at times but at the end of the day, who cares how we play if we’re winning?

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Summerston Par  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 18:02

Quote:

Berry, Sat 09 Mar 17:39

That was such an important win today, granted they all are this time of the season but psychologically it was important to stay above ICT.

Ayr and Dundee Utd losing as well just helps that little bit more.

I can't see us finishing above Dundee Utd, but Ayr are catchable, and i think it will go to the last game of the season to determine where we place in relation to Inverness.

Wasn’t at the game today, but what I will say is momentum is everything. Becoming more confident we’ll finish in the playoffs. I think Ayr will be the ones to miss out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 18:10

Not a classic but the elements & Alloa sawing at least 6 yards of the width of the pitch turned the game into a scrap. The Pars dug in & fought for the 3 points. Our general play was okay, a few real moments of quality & a lot of effort. Thought we did try to get it down & when we did we opened them up. What can you say about Bruce? He only needs one chance & it's in the net, takes the ball down elegantly & slots it in the corner.

I'd still love to see him & Fais up front - Think those 2 could do some real damage in this league.

Next..........

🔩 ya 🚀

Post Edited (Sat 09 Mar 18:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 18:35

Defo grinding out better results under stevie but given the lack of width and creativity in this team it’s about all we can do. Big difference adding a finisher and a set piece taker.

Wonder if faz being injured has helped us in sitting deeper and grinding out results too, we wouldn’t be nearly as solid with both him and Bruce in the team as a top 2.

Here hoping we can add some quality to in the summer to allow us to create a bit more, apart from Blair’s set pieces and bruce’s finishing we have no weapons, shame those 2 are not our players.

Just sitting here drenched in my own positivity! AJ is gone!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 18:35

Nom nom nom....I'm just having another wee portion of humble pie whilst reading the comments...

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 18:41

Alloa keeper didn’t have one save to make. Scully one comfortable one. It’s not entertaining stuff but we are winning and I am delighted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 18:47

Quote:

1981par, Sat 9 Mar 18:41

Alloa keeper didn’t have one save to make. Scully one comfortable one. It’s not entertaining stuff but we are winning and I am delighted.

Longridge header off the line as well.

Not exciting but we are winning and you would have got massive odds on us winning 5 in a row.

Post Edited (Sat 09 Mar 18:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: martin7374  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 18:48

Hi everyone. I am really pleased about the recent resurgence in form. I have not managed to attend a game since the end of last season due to ill health but I am delighted that one of our own has had such a positive effect as manager.

Enjoy your weekend folks.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:00

we were awful under AJ and got worse the more he interfered with the team. The new management team have the ability to make positive changes. It's about winning at this stage
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:02

We’re now 14 points from the top and 14 points from the bottom. What a turnaround!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: martin7374  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 19:06

Tight league tho eh? An argument for bigger divisions?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end